Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-02-2006, 02:10 AM   #51
Vince
Pro Starter

I think you can simply type their name into the chat window -- to the left of where you type your message is a field that says who you are talking to. "Everyone" is for local chat, while a user name whispers to that person. That's how I responded to you this afternoon while I was mid-round.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.

Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #52
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I think you can simply type their name into the chat window -- to the left of where you type your message is a field that says who you are talking to. "Everyone" is for local chat, while a user name whispers to that person. That's how I responded to you this afternoon while I was mid-round.

I've only done it when I had already chatted them pre-game, and then they were in the drop-down to choose that person... If you can type in there, that would definatley work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 06:06 AM   #53
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

I've only done it when I had already chatted them pre-game, and then they were in the drop-down to choose that person... If you can type in there, that would definatley work...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2006, 09:58 PM   #54
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

PumpyTudors is online and practicing right now!
Old 06-03-2006, 12:14 AM   #55
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:

Ah, that worked. Thanks!

Be warned! Pumpy is a ringer. He must have hit Pangya on half his shots, and it was his first time playing.
Godzilla Blitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #56
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

GB, want a game?
Old 06-03-2006, 12:20 AM   #57
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I could do one quick round, but I've got to get up early so I'd have to stop after that.
Old 06-03-2006, 12:21 AM   #58
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

My name is SirFozzie there. you set up, let me know
Old 06-03-2006, 12:22 AM   #59
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Sure.

How about Crux server.

Game name: FOFC
Password: Jim

Edit: All set up.

Edit: Thanks for playing, SirFozzie. T'was fun.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-03-2006 at 12:41 AM.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:09 AM   #60
daedalus
Pro Rookie

There seems to be a pretty solid crowd over at OO playing this so, for those that are playing, those guys are probably pretty cool people to play with. Blackie, I believe, is part of that.

Whenever we switch to broadband, I'm going to give it a try.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:39 PM   #61
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I feel kind of bad about this, but it was a bit funny.

I was just playing three holes (1-3) on Blue Moon with another rookie. Through two holes we were dead even, pretty much making the same shots from the same spots. The last hole is a par 4 with an approach over water. After our tee shots, we were about 220 yards away, straight into a force 9 wind on the water approach. I was about five yards closer and sitting in the fairway, he was on the edge of the rough. Well, his shot was pretty much impossible, given the rough lie, the wind, and the lack of a power shot. Four times he splashed it. Not even close to land. He gets the automatic nine for a max on the hole. My turn comes and he says he hopes I make it over.

I nailed a power shot, bit of backsping to land it later, super pangya. It rolled into the hole for an eagle from 218 yards out! Woot! Got something like 800 pang for the one shot. I felt bad that he had trouble with the shot, but it rocked to sink one from that far out. First time to get one in from greater than 200 yards.

This game kicks butt.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-03-2006 at 02:27 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:45 PM   #62
Vince
Pro Starter

So what exactly is 'Super Pangya?' I've seen it, but never seemed to hit one. Is that max power AND on the screws on the down swing?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #63
bbor
Pro Starter

Woohoo sunk one from 223.....890 pang

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:28 PM   #64
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
So what exactly is 'Super Pangya?' I've seen it, but never seemed to hit one. Is that max power AND on the screws on the down swing?

I think it's when you use a power up, then hit max power, then hit the pangya.

And hurst2112 and I just witnessed bbor drill a hole-in-one from 230 yards out! Woot! Awesome shot!

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-03-2006 at 02:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #65
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla Blitz
I think it's when you use a power up, then hit max power, then hit the pangya.

And hurst2112 and I just witnessed bbor drill a hole-in-one from 230 yards out! Woot! Awesome shot!

AND...GB hit and eagle from 220...!!!!

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #66
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
AND...GB hit and eagle from 220...!!!!

We had some kick ass synergy going in that group. We have to play together more often. Added up, I think the three of us were -8 over those three holes, with boatloads of pang. I'm usually only -1 or -2 over those same holes.
Old 06-03-2006, 08:44 PM   #67
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
We had some kick ass synergy going in that group. We have to play together more often. Added up, I think the three of us were -8 over those three holes, with boatloads of pang. I'm usually only -1 or -2 over those same holes.

FOFC powa!

Old 06-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #68
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

I've DL'ed, same name as here.

I'll dabble around with it, something different.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:25 PM   #69
Terps
College Prospect

Just signed up and finished installing. Username is IronMan2632.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #70
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Glengoyne is out and about the Albatross links as well.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:32 PM   #71
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

SirFozzie is heading there too
Old 06-03-2006, 09:43 PM   #72
Terps
College Prospect

How do I add you guys to my friends list on there?
Old 06-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #73
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I have no idea how to find anyone. Anyone got time for a few holes? Do we need to pick a server?
Old 06-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #74
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Looks like my connection doesn't want me to play tonight. Sorry GB
Old 06-03-2006, 10:05 PM   #75
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I invited Ironman and Sirfozzie as friends. We'll figure it out.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:30 PM   #76
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

okay, I hate you all, I got about no time to play seomthing like this yet I just signed up. FrogMan is in the house. Kinda weird but I had some trouble playing the other online golf game yet this one plays nicely.

Now, how do I go about playing one of these three hole game?

FM
Old 06-03-2006, 10:35 PM   #77
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Looks like my connection doesn't want me to play tonight. Sorry GB

No problem at all. Stuff happens. It's all good.

Glengoyne, Terps: There is a "buddy list" tab at the bottom of the right side screen when you're on a particular server. Click on that and you can see who on your friend's list is online.

Other than that, you have to check a particular server's list of people. In "Versus" mode, it seems that Virgo and Crux are the easiest place to find games. You can sort the player list by rank, and everyone from FOFC is still a rookie.

On a side note...

Just ran into my first asshole. Playing a quick three, on the opening tee shot, after the guy makes his first shot, he starts spamming the chat channel with "hurry hurry hurry". Pissed me off to the point that I screwed up the hole and double bogeyed. I call him on it and he stops. The kicker here is that the guy is playing significantly slower than I am, and he wasn't any good either.

On the third hole, he does it again, immediately after he hits the ball and before I'm even five seconds into my turn.

I proceeded to play the last hole using up every one of the alloted 60 seconds on each shot. I hope I drove him batty. I also birdied the last two holes and came back from down one stroke after the first hole to beat him by three strokes. Asshat.

Last edited by Godzilla Blitz : 06-03-2006 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:44 PM   #78
Terps
College Prospect

Just played the practice 18 and shot +21, haha.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:48 PM   #79
Terps
College Prospect

Dola,

If anyone wants to play I'm in Crux.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #80
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

just finished my first three hole minigame after hitting the quickstart button. Played with a senior and another who wasn't a total noob and finished with a +1 over three I think. Had a par, a double bogey and a birdie. This is a fun little game...

FM
Old 06-04-2006, 04:19 AM   #81
Terps
College Prospect

I played a tournament tonight as soon as I leveled up enough to do so after playing w/ the FOFC crowd.

I didn't do too bad considering everyone else there was leveled higher. Shot 1 over, and got the tournament award for best recovery, haha.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #82
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

note to anyone who didn't know already: the 10th hole on the Blue Moon course is a bitch, especially when combined with front wind of 9M
===========

As part of a 3 hole game that started on the 10th, so a bit different than most other 3 hole game that usually start on the 1st, I hit my ball in the water like 4 times before having to "give up" on the hole. Worst part was that the other two players were higher ranked with more power than me so they made it through without problem...

Still, had great fun last night, playing until 1:30. It had been a long while since that last happened. Sure the fact that both kiddos were at their grandparents kind of helped a bit there

Don't know if that's been mentionned here but somebody I played with on the ice course (North something) told and then showed me that you can get a lot of pang by hitting the ball on the ice and then the recovery shot isn't much more difficult.

FM
Old 06-04-2006, 02:50 PM   #83
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

I just finished playing a 4 player round on the "Wiz Wiz" course, mountain course I assume, very tough to play. Lots of power needed here.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:00 PM   #84
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

I leveled up to Rookie E this morning, where's everyone at right now?

FM
Old 06-04-2006, 04:11 PM   #85
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Still Rookie F, but I'm close to Rookie E. I'd like to get up to Rookie E just so I can do tournaments. Perhaps I'll get there later today.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:54 PM   #86
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Those special shots seem difficult. Has anyone been successful?
Old 06-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #87
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Still Rookie F, but I'm close to Rookie E. I'd like to get up to Rookie E just so I can do tournaments. Perhaps I'll get there later today.

I leveled up to Rookie E earlier today after my 18 hole 4 player match.
Old 06-04-2006, 05:57 PM   #88
Terps
College Prospect

I'm up to Rookie E now.

I also figured out if you go to the Guilds tab that you can do friend requests for people who are not online. I added everyone listed from FOFC so far.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:40 PM   #89
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Anybody interested in doing a private FOFC tourny?
Old 06-05-2006, 11:59 AM   #90
Hurst2112
College Starter

played 6 holes of the 'windmill' course. Hard as hell! out of 4 cats, I was the high score with -1. Everybody else was around +8 or so. I just played as conservative as I could. It's hard because of the cliffs and stuff.

I am doing quite well with the lack of a caddy and add-ons. Telling GB and bbor that I was thinking about layng down the $50 for 1000 cookies. Then I realized it was my NFL Headcoach money. I am doing pretty well without the cookies but I will need some overall power. The drive distances are sucking.

Also, I did get a hole in 1! It was the par 3. Check my stats for proof! haha

Anybody that wants to add me to their friends list, I will be on tonight. While I don't mind playing against 20 something kids from Asia in the wee hours, its more comfortable to play with dudes I know.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #91
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker rocky
Anybody interested in doing a private FOFC tourny?

I would be. I hope it is during a night I have available. It would be cool to make it a weekly or bi-weekly thing.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:09 PM   #92
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
Anybody that wants to add me to their friends list, I will be on tonight. While I don't mind playing against 20 something kids from Asia in the wee hours, its more comfortable to play with dudes I know.

I sent you a buddy request, as well to all the other FOFC people listed in the first post and should be online tonight, at one point between 9pm and 11pm eastern.

As for the tourney, how do they work? Does everybody play their rounds separately? I saw that there's like a time limit in minutes for the tourneys and was wondering about how it works... Also, do tourneys give experience?

FM
Old 06-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #93
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

I'd love to do a tournament, but I won't be playing much this week. I didn't get anything done last Thursday/Friday because I was playing this damn game, and now I'm really behind at work.

As for joining a tournament, it's easy. You have to be Rookie E or better, but just go into the room and click "ready". You play the round alone, but you can see a little graphic of the other players' golfballs.

You get experience for tournaments, but it's only a point or two unless you finish in the top 20-40%. Tournaments are great for getting pang, though. I've found the trickiest part about them is adjusting to playing quickly. Most of them are 35 minutes, which doesn't leave a lot of time to analyze shots. As you play more you get faster, but the first couple of times I was racing against the clock.

One thing about pang and course records that might be better to know sooner than later...

The first time you complete a particular course (in tournments or versus mode, doesn't matter which) you get 1,000 pang. Then, each time you beat your record for that course, you get another 1,000 pang, providing your score is -1 or better. So if you're looking to accumulate pang, it's best to nurse your best scores on each course so that you make 1 shot increments in bettering your record.

And hurst: Congrats on the hole in one! I'm still looking for my first one.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:33 PM   #94
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
I'd love to do a tournament, but I won't be playing much this week. I didn't get anything done last Thursday/Friday because I was playing this damn game, and now I'm really behind at work.

As for joining a tournament, it's easy. You have to be Rookie E or better, but just go into the room and click "ready". You play the round alone, but you can see a little graphic of the other players' golfballs.

You get experience for tournaments, but it's only a point or two unless you finish in the top 20-40%. Tournaments are great for getting pang, though. I've found the trickiest part about them is adjusting to playing quickly. Most of them are 35 minutes, which doesn't leave a lot of time to analyze shots. As you play more you get faster, but the first couple of times I was racing against the clock.

One thing about pang and course records that might be better to know sooner than later...

The first time you complete a particular course (in tournments or versus mode, doesn't matter which) you get 1,000 pang. Then, each time you beat your record for that course, you get another 1,000 pang, providing your score is -1 or better. So if you're looking to accumulate pang, it's best to nurse your best scores on each course so that you make 1 shot increments in bettering your record.

And hurst: Congrats on the hole in one! I'm still looking for my first one.

Thanks! Though I didn't show my form in the match we played together...haha. Both you and bbor had about 10 times as much pang after the game.

I'm gonna try a tournament later tonight, if there is one open.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:27 PM   #95
bbor
Pro Starter

i'm a D.....just a few points short of a C.

Old 06-05-2006, 02:29 PM   #96
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
i'm a D.....just a few points short of a C.

damn, you really are an addict!

FM
Old 06-05-2006, 02:33 PM   #97
Godzilla Blitz
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
damn, you really are an addict!

FM

Perhaps the bigger stat is the "total time played" figure...

I'm just over 20 hours over the course of one week. Egads.

About halfway through Rookie B on my way to Rookie A.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:40 PM   #98
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:

damn! I think when we played saturday, you were a c.
Old 06-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #99
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

damn, rookie A is already quite impressive to me, but that 20 hours is a part-time job!!!

I think I logged 5 hours since downloading the thing on Saturday evening which to me is incredible dedication to any game

FM
Old 06-05-2006, 02:44 PM   #100
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Made it to Rookie E the other night