Old 03-05-2005, 04:01 PM   #51
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Aug 4, 2009 -

MC: Melara (debut - fans excited)

Whats that mean, fans excited?

You got two key injuries now, or am I thinking of the 3-month one from last year?

SunDancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:07 PM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I have two good midfielders with injures, but that is the one area where I really can absorb some injuries.

As far as the comment about the fans being excited, earlier in a media story the fans noted they were excited to see Melara play. I did have a jump of over 5,000 more fans from the last game with some of my new acquisitions starting!
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 04:12 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

April 8, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Stoke. Stoke is currently in 5th place while we are in 16th place. Stoke finished in 14th place right below us last year. Stoke is led by the strong play of thei midfield. John Eustace is a quality midfielder while Scott Phelan is a 21 year right winger who is gradually becoming a star. Their top centreback Antonio Soldevilla is injured for this match. Simon Francis their right fullback will have to step up his game. Their main scorer is Karl Noon is an average striker. Their keeper Neil Alexander is a 31 year old veteran who is still on top of his game.

We are 6-4 favorites

It is sunny with temperatures in the mid 80's.

GK: Paddy
DC: Wall
DC: Osorio (I want to keep these 3 together to build some rapport)
DC: Jarzebowski
DML: Rolfes
DMR: Spiller
MC: Elliott
MC: Benayoun
MC: Teale
SC: Graham
SC: Joao Paulo (the new acquisition deserves a start)

S1: Gerken
S2: Nicell
S3: Longthorn
S4: Lunt
S5: Giuliani
Old 03-05-2005, 04:28 PM   #54
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1st minute: Osorio with a good defensive play on a corner in the box.

20 minute mark: Spiller intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Benayoun.. who passes it to Teale on the right edge of the box.. he shoots.. it grazes the bar and sails over.

29 minute mark: Vernazza gets the ball in the box.. shoots from 15 yards.. powerful shot.. amazing save by Paddy to tip it over the bar.

39 minute mark: Tomasz with a great defensive play.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Stoke has over 22,000 fans here today.

48 minute mark: Teale with a thru ball for Benayoun in the box.. he shoots.. keeper with a quality save.

62 minute mark: Long pass from vernazza to Hutchinson who heads it into the box for Noel-Williams.. he shoots.. lower left corner.. Paddy dives.. it's past him. GOAL. Down 1-0.

I sub in Lunt for Graham, moving Elliott to forward and having Lunt in at MC. I also put Longthorn in for Benayoun.

90 minute mark: Wall with a long pass towards the box for Paulo.. he is chasing the ball down.. burning the defense.. he is about to reach it.. the keeper is rushing out.. the keeper pounces on it before he can get to it.

Game over. 1-0 loss on the road.

We were outshot 7-5 (2-1 on target)

Stuart Elliott won MoM, 24 of 29 passes, 0 tackles, 3 of 5 headers, 10 runs, 2 fouls drawn.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #55
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info: Gary Teale strained his ankle and will miss about a week.
Old 03-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #56
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 10, 2009 -

Stuart Elliott was selected to the Championship Team of week.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:13 PM   #57
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 15, 2009 -

My preview of my match against Everton didn't post for some reason. They were in the EPL last year and were relegated. They are currently in 17th place and we are in 18th place. They have a deep team.

They are 5-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 70's today.

DC: Osorio
DML: Rolfes
DMR: Nicell
MC: Benayoun (he needs to do something this game or I'll start rotating guys in)
MC: Melara
SC: Begeorgi
SC: Paulista

S2: Spiller
S3: Longthorn
S4: Paz
Old 03-05-2005, 05:34 PM   #58
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

11 minute mark: Benayoun was run over by a defender and is hurt. He can't continue to play. I bring on Longthorn for Benayoun.

23 minute mark: Begeorgi gets it at midfield.. passes to Paulista in the box.. he shoots.. great save by Wright.

40 minute mark: Paulista gets it at midfield.. perfect pass to Begeorgi just outside the box.. he puts a move on the defender.. open shot.. barely wide right of goal.

Halftime: 0-0 tie. Everton has over 35,000 fans here today.

54 minute mark: Cahill steals it at midfield.. passes it to Reid who passes it Cahill.. who passes it back to star striker Hornos.. he shoots.. blistering shot into the upper left corner of the net.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

56 minute mark: Elliott takes it down the left sideline.. passes it to Begeorgi in the box.. hard shot for the upper left corner.. Great save by Richard Wright.

61 minute mark: Paz on for Melara. Giuliani on for Begeorgi.

72 minute mark: Elliott crosses for Giuliani who unleashes a very hard shot.. just over the bar.

82 minute mark: Zaccardo gets a pass from Cahill.. Zaccardo with a strong crossing pass.. Hornos heads it.. into the right corner of the goal.. that is his second goal. Down 2-0.

85: giuliani is run over by a defender.. he is hurt. I have to sub him out, but I've used all 3 subs already.

90 minute mark: Osman passes it to Chadwick.. Nick Chadwick fakes out Osorio.. shoots.. lower left corner.. GOAL. Down 3-0.

Game over. 3-0 loss.

We were outshot 17-6.

German Hornos wins MoM with a 10 for form, 28 of 35 passes, 0 tackles, 13 of 17 headers, 1 interception, 4 runs, 2 goals.

I'll give this formation one more game, but I'm considering going to a more conventional 3-5-2.
Old 03-05-2005, 05:37 PM   #59
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Tomasz Jarzebowski strained his neck and will miss approximately 5 days.

Yossi Benayoun damaged his shoulder and will miss about a week.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:17 PM   #60
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 19, 2009

Today we play Cardiff in the League Cup 1st round matchup on our pitch. Cardiff is currently 20th in the championship. They rely on striker Lewis Guy who is developing into a very good striker. Left winger Paul Parry and midfielder Gary Liddle are creative players who work the midfield well. Right fullback David Wright is my old player who is now their best defensive player. Keeper Paul Harrison is above average and has played well this year.

This will be out last match using our 3-2-3-2 if we lose this game.

They are 6-4 favorites.

It's overcast with temperatures in the mid 50's today.

DML: Mares
DMR: Pape Sarr
MC: Joao Paulo
MC: Teale
SC: Wellington Paulista

S3: Lunt
S4: Graham
s5: Giuliani
Old 03-05-2005, 06:32 PM   #61
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Sarr sends it down the pitch to Elliott who heads it to Begeorgi in the box.. Begeorgi shoots.. amazingly powerful shot.. the keeper blocks it. The defense clears it.

7 minute mark: Jarzebowski with a great defensive play.. then he sends it down the right sideline.. Teale gets to it.. centers for Begeorgi.. he is alone in the box.. settles.. shoots.. lower left corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him! GOAL!!!! 1-0.

11 minute mark: Liddle passes it to Parry on the left wing.. he centers for Guy who heads it.. Paddy blocks it.. Guy gets the rebound.. shoots... into the lower right corner. GOAL. 1-1 game.

38 minute mark: Paulo passes it to Paulista on the right corner of the pitch.. Paulista crosses for Elliott in the box.. he heads it.. over the bar.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. We have about 10,000 fans at this game.

46 minute mark: McAnuff passes it to Guy in the box.. Guy fakes out Wall.. shoots.. lower right corner.. GOAL. Down 2-1.

47 minute mark: Paulo with a hard shot from 15 yards out after dribbling into the box.. nice save by the keeper.

58 minute mark: Elliott gets a pass from Paulo.. he dribbles into the box.. shoots.. the kepeer saves it.

60 minute mark: Graham on for Begeorgi and Lunt on for Teale.

75 minute mark: Paulo is hurt and has to come off the pitch. I put Spiller in for him.

89 minute mark: Paul Harrison with a long kick.. the defense and Paddy misplay it.. Guy gets an open shot on Paddy.. Paddy tries to smother the ball, but he can't.. Guy dribbles.. shoots.. gets his hat trick. Down 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 loss. It looks like it is time to shelf this formation for now.

They outshot us 14-9 (5-5 on target)

Lewis Guy had a 10 for form, won MoM, 22 of 23 passes, 1 of 5 tackles, 1 of 9 headers, 2 interceptions, 1 run, and 3 goals.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #62
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Your new formation seems to be a basic 5-3-2, only when you have the ball the midfield gallops into the attack. That is probably your big problem, as when you lose the ball your midfield is literally empty and the opposition has a free run at your centre-halves. Also, I imagine that you would have a hard time keeping possesion against some of the better sides you'll face as there is no outlet to construct moves from, everyone is trying to get in the box. Fine if you just want to boot striaght upfield I supose but not if you want to play decent football. Try it with only the central player making a foward run. That way you have a solid base in the centre of the park to build from. Also maybe put forward runs on your wingbacks (the DML & DMR players in football speak are 'wingbacks'; a cross between a fullback and a winger, geddit?) to the AM positions to provide more width when attacking.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2005, 10:11 PM   #63
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I usually don't have this many guys running forward and this was definitely an experiment. A failed experiment, but an experiment none the less. I'm going to switch to a 3-5-2 that will provide heavy defensive support with the middle midfielder doing most of the forward runs and the wings also providing support at times. We'll see how that works soon.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:14 PM   #64
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Post a layout of the reformed tatic when you get it done.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:16 PM   #65
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I will. I've almost finished it up. I've been thinking about how to tweak it for a few hours.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:33 PM   #66
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

So here is the new tactic. Hopefully it will work better than the old tactic:

Old 03-05-2005, 10:43 PM   #67
SunDancer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I will. I've almost finished it up. I've been thinking about how to tweak it for a few hours.

A few hours? Glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this game too much (well, the previous series CM 03/04, I would think of what to do in classes, ect.)

I've always struggled in completely understanding the tatics. When you use the arrow, is that when you are attacking they move in that position, or when they are they on the defense..Example-You got the center MF going into the offensive zone, is that only when you have the ball...When you don't have the ball, he returns to his original position? When he attacks that way, does he stay up in that area until you lose possesion, and immediately retracts to the midfield position? Do the midfielders even get up the attacking area, or do they only go to a certain area, and do defenders never cross the midfield if you don't have them doing so?

Last edited by SunDancer : 03-05-2005 at 10:44 PM.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:51 PM   #68
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 22, 2009 -

Today we are playing Preston in our first televised regular season match of this year. Preston is currently in 4th place in the Championship while we are 21st. Preston relies heavily on star forward Mark Jackson who already has 5 goals on the year. Keeper Andrew Lonergan is their next most important player and he is an above average keeper who has played very well so far this year. Midfielder Andy Ferrell is creative and will work the ball around the pitch. Danny O'Donnell is a powerful strong centreback who is very good at shutting down the opposition.

We are 6-4 favorites

It is overcast with temperatures in the high 50's today.

ML: Elliott
MC: Rolfes
MC: Paulo
MC: Sarr
MR: Teale
SC: Paulista

S4: Graham
s5: Giuliani

The announcers believe Stuart Elliott is my key player and Mark Jackson is Preston's key player. The announcers believe that a draw is the most likely result of this match.
Old 03-05-2005, 10:56 PM   #69
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDancer
A few hours? Glad I'm not the only one who thinks about this game too much (well, the previous series CM 03/04, I would think of what to do in classes, ect.)

I've always struggled in completely understanding the tatics. When you use the arrow, is that when you are attacking they move in that position, or when they are they on the defense..Example-You got the center MF going into the offensive zone, is that only when you have the ball...When you don't have the ball, he returns to his original position? When he attacks that way, does he stay up in that area until you lose possesion, and immediately retracts to the midfield position? Do the midfielders even get up the attacking area, or do they only go to a certain area, and do defenders never cross the midfield if you don't have them doing so?

I think about tactics a lot when I'm not playing

Someone can correct me on this, but I'll give you my understanding of it. The arrows are only one factor in what a player does. If a player has a forward arrow, but say an instruction to be defensive than the player will generally stay back and help out on the defense except when we are moving with the ball. However, if a player has a forward arrow and has a heavy attacking mentality (which is what my center midfielder has) than they will generally be hanging out further up the field and be ready to leak out into the attack.

Similarly, if a guy has an arrow telling him to go backwards and he has a defensive instruction, than that player is really going to hang back and focus on defense. On the other hand if he has an attacking mentality given to him he will support the attack when the team has the ball while racing back when the team doesn't have the ball (presumably using more energy.)

Hopefully, someone will correct me if I'm wrong

As far as your last questions, midfielders will sometimes run all the way up despite the instructions, and I've had a few defenders (Lucio at Manchester United in an old CM 03/04 career comes to mind) who will press all the way up the field to support attack. Actually Wall in this career likes to drift up sometimes despite my instructions.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:08 PM   #70
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

4 minute mark: Elliott with a throw in gets it to Paulista.. he is tackled.. Begeorgi gets the loose ball in the left half of the box.. shoots.. powerful quick shot.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0!

28 minute mark: Paulo passes ot Begeorgi in the box.. Begeorgi passes back to Paulo in the box.. he shoots.. wide right.

46 minute mark: Giddings dribbles down the left wing after getting a cross from Conuago.. Pablo Conuago gets a pass back to him.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. GOAL! 1-1.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. We have over 17,000 fans for this game!

57 minute mark: Paddy stops a shot from Conuago.

60 minute mark: Graham on for Begeorgi who is tired. Giuliani on for Paulista who is also tired.

64 minute mark: Pape Sarr with a great steal and pass from the midfield.. gets it to Graham just outside the box.. he shoots immediately.. barely wide right.

77 minute mark: Elliott passes to Graham in the left corner of the pitch.. Graham crosses.. for Giuliani the defender heads it away but over the end line for a corner kick. Pape sarr gets whistled for unfairly jumping on the corner kick.

89 minute mark: Elliott gets a yellow card for pulling Kitson's jersey.

Game over. 1-1 tie. It looks like the announcers were correct.

We each had 9 shots, but they had 5 on target, we had 2 on target.

Danny O'Donnell wins MoM, 14 of 16 passes, 9 of 10 tackles, 4 of 4 headers, 2 interceptions. Great defense tonight.
Old 03-05-2005, 11:31 PM   #71
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug. 25, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Gillingham. They are currently in 4th place while we are in 22nd place. Gillingham's left winger has played very well this year. Centreback Leon Johnson has played very well this year. Their leading scorer is Darius Henderson who has 2 goals on the year and they have mostly been winning due to defense and strong goal keeping. Kepper Matteo Piazza has been phenomenal this year with 5 clean sheets in 6 starts. He will be difficult to score against.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the mid 50's today.

ML: Lunt
MC: Paz
MR: Melara
SC: Paulo

S3: Mares
S4: Kelly
Old 03-05-2005, 11:58 PM   #72
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

6 minute mark: Rolfes steals it at midfield.. passes it Benayoun who heads it Paulo in the edge of the box.. he shoots.. hard curving shot.. great save by the keeper.

18 minute mark: Paddy stops three quick shots from a variety of players who were crowding the box. Finally Osorio clears it.

35 minute mark: Benayoun with a strong dribble up the middle of the field.. passes to Graham.. strong hard shot for the upper right corner.. great save by the keeper.

38 minute mark: Rolfes steals it at midfield.. passes it Benayoun on the edge of the box.. he passes to Lunt on the left wing.. Lunt with a through ball to Graham.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it's past him.. GOAL!!!! 1-0! That is Graham's first goal of the year.

40 minute mark: Crofts passes to Darius Henderson who shoots a good curving shot from 25 yards.. Paddy is in front of it.. Paddy misplays it.. it sails over his shoulder.. GOAL! 1-1. Bad play by Paddy.

44 minute mark: Paz steals it at midfield.. passes to Graham who crosses for Paulo.. he heads it.. the keeper blocks it.. it bounces out to Paz at the edge of the box.. he shoots.. upper right corner.. the keeper dives.. it is past him.. GOAL!!!! 2-1! That is Paz's first goal for Wigan!

Halftime: 2-1 at the half.

62 minute mark: Benayoun has picked up a minor injury.. I'll put on Kelly for him. Paz is tired so I put Spiller on for him.

74 minute mark: Crofts gets a yellow card for pulling Paulo's jersey.

77 minute mark: Paddy stops a long shot from Crofts.

81 minute mark: Crofts with a two footed tackle on Spiller.. that is his second yellow card. He is ejected!

85 minute mark: Osorio and Wall with a series of great defensive stops in the last few minutes.

94 minute mark: spiller steals it at midfield.. passes it to Paulo up ahead.. Paulo passes across to the left side of the pitch to Graham.. Graham dribbles into the box.. passes to Spiller in the box who immediately kicks it into the lower right corner. GOAL!!!! 3-1.

Game over. 3-1 win!

We outshot them 17-16 (9-7 on goal)

Jarzebowski, Graham, Spiller all had 9's. The remainder of the team all had 8's except for Lunt and Kelly who had 7's.

Jarzebowski won MoM, 32 of 40 passes, 6 of 6 tackles, 11 of 11 headers, 6 interceptions, 1 run.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:29 AM   #73
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 29, 2009 -

England beat San Marino 3-0 in World Cup Qualifying Group 4 play.

Gary Teale has been called up to the Scotland squad to replace injured Darren Fletcher.

Tomasz Jarzebowski played very well for Poland in a 0-0 tie against France in World Cup Qualifying play.

Stuart Elliott plaed well in Northern Ireland's 1-0 loss to Croatia in World Cup Qualifying play.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:28 AM   #74
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Aug 31, 2009 -

Sunderland has signed away Rohan Ricketts from Nottm Forest for 4.6 million dollars.

Tomasz Jarzebowski was selected to the English Championship Team of the Week.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:34 AM   #75
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 1, 2009 -

Tom Hutchinson has been mouthing off in the media saying that he isn't happy at not being part of the first team.

Mr. Whelan has informed me that he is pleased with my performance as manager of the club.

Leeds' Aaron Lennon has won English Championship Player of the Month. Thomas Gravesen of Everton came in 2nd, and Martin Rowlands of QPR came in 3rd.

Leeds' Steve Gardner has won young player of the month. Lee Wright of Gillingham came in 2nd, and Ryan Miller of Crewe came in 3rd.

Millwall's Ernie Tippett has won Manager of the Month. Nigel Clough of Nottingham Forest came in 2nd, and Glenn Hoddle of West Ham came in 3rd.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:41 AM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 2, 2009 -

England beat Finland 2-0 in a group 4 World Cup Qualifying match.

Tomasz Jarzebowski had a 10 for form and was magnificient in a 1-1 tie between Poland and FYR of Macedonia.

Stuart Elliott had a goal for N. Ireland as they beat Liechtenstein 2-0 in World Cup Qualifying play.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:49 AM   #77
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep. 5, 2009 -

Today we host Norwich. We are currently in 18th place. Norwich is currently in 16th place. Their centreback Jason Shackell has been leading the defense with superior play this year. He has been tackling hard and intercepting many passes before they get to their man. Keeper Alex Walker has been Phenomenal early in the year. He has gotten minimal offensive support. 24 year old Eddie Johnson has been the main striker and he only has 2 goals on the year so far. Left winger Ian Henderson is a dangerous player who can set up any guy at any time.

We are 5-4 favorites.

It's raining and windy with temperatures in the mid 50's.

DC: Nicell
DC: Hutchinson (giving Jarzebowski and Osorio rest due to their recent WC qualifying play.)

Old 03-06-2005, 03:15 AM   #78
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: Lunt takes it up the left side of the pitch.. passes to Graham left of the box.. he passes it to Benayoun in the box.. he shoots.. just over the bar.

10 minute mark: Paddy stops a close shot from Henderson.

19 minute mark: Paz passes to Paulo just right of the box.. he centers for Benayoun who shoots.. just over the bar.

22 minute mark: Hard shot from Johnson.. Paddy tips it over the bar.

25 minute mark: Paz steals it in our zone.. passes to Paulo at the midfield.. he plays a perfect pass to just outside the box.. Graham gets to it.. defender on his heels.. fakes left.. goes right.. shoots.. lower right corner.. it's past the keeper.. just inside the post.. GOAL!!!! 1-0.

32 minute mark: I almost have heart failure as Melara passes back to Paddy who kicks it.. right into Henderson's head who heads it back at goal.. Paddy blocks it.. Wall beats Johnson to the ball and clears it preventing a sure goal!

33 minute mark: Lunt trips Johnson in our box.. Penalty shot awarded ... Johnson steps up to take it... lower left corner.. Paddy dives.. it's past him.. GOAL. 1-1.

37 minute mark: Melara takes the corner kick.. hits it to Paulo on the near post.. heads it.. barely wide right.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. We only have 7500 fans here today

47 minute mark: Johnson gets the ball inside our box.. shoots from 10 yards out.. Great save by Paddy to block it.

49 minute mark: Graham steals it at midfield.. plays a thru ball for Paulo.. Paulo burns the defense.. dribbles to his left.. shoots into the left lower corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-1. That is Paulo's first goal for us.

63 minute mark: Paz is tired so I bring on Spiller for him. For the same reason, I sub Kelly on for Benayoun.

71 minute mark: our midfielders pass it around among themselves just outside the box.. Spiller to Kelly to Lunt to Kelly to Spiller.. Spiller with a very hard shot from 25 yards.. the keeper barely saves it.

79 minute mark: Spiller intercepts it at midfield.. plays a perfect thru ball into the box.. Paulo gets it.. one dribble.. shoots.. powerful shot.. lower left corner... it's past the keeper.. inside the post.. GOAL!!!! 3-1! That is Paulo's second goal!

81 minute mark: Wall heads it from our box to Spiller at midfield.. he plays a great pass to Graham just outside the box.. Graham dribbles twice.. shoots.. past the keeper.. it hits the crossbar. Shackell clears the rebound.

83 minute mark: Hutchinson with a great series of defensive plays.. he has played very well today in my estimation.

89 minute mark: Rolfes intercepts it at midfield.. passes it to Spiller.. Spiller with the very hard shot from 30 yards.. the keeper barely saves it.. Spiller is going to be a dangerous long range scorer for us it looks like.

90 minute mark: Nicell with a good defensive play.

Game over. 3-1 win. I feel like our backup defenders played really well. Actually now, I know they did...

We each had 11 shots (8-5 on target in their advantage.)

Tom Hutchinson, Stuart Wall, and Liam Nicell all had 8's (along with Paddy.) Tom Hutchinson wins MoM, 16 of 32 passes, 5 of 5 tackles, 8 of 8 headers, 8 interceptions.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:22 AM   #79
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 6, 2009 -

Wellington Paulista has told a national newspaper that he is having problems adjusting to life in Wigan

The Board just gave the club a 7.2 million dollar cash infusion to get us out of the red, firmly into the black and prevent us from falling into receivership.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:27 AM   #80
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep. 8, 2009 -

YES! Blackpool wants to buy Georges Ambourouet. I really don't need him any longer as I've switched defenses and have enough good defenders to make this formation work. Furthermore, this is the chance to generate some income while reducing our wage budget.

He is currently valued at 170,000 and I try to ask for 220,000 for him.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:37 AM   #81
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 10, 2009 -

Blackpool has agreed to our request of 220,000 for Georges Ambourouet and has made an official offer for the player.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:45 AM   #82
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 12, 2009 -

Today we travel to play West Ham. West Ham is currently in 7th place. We are currently in 15th place. West Ham is led by centreback Hayden Mullins who is excellent at shutting down the opposition. Striker Bobby Zamora has 4 goals and is a dangerous striker. Michael Proctor also has 4 goals. Midfielder Neil Barrett is a very good playmaker. Keeper Danny Coyne is an average keeper at the age of 36 and we should be able to score against him.

West Ham are 5-4 favorites.

It's sunny with temperatures in the low 50's today.

DC: Hutchinson (giving Wall rest)
MC: Spiller (he has earned the start with great reserve play)
SC: Graham (played too well not to start him again)
SC: Paulo (ditto)

s1: Gerken
S2: Paulista
S5: Begeorgi
Old 03-06-2005, 04:11 AM   #83
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

7 minute mark: We've been pressing the attack early.. Elliott takes it down the left wing.. crosses to Benayoun.. he gets it on the left edge of the penalty box.. shoots.. upper left corner.. GOAL!!!! 1-0. That is his first goal for us.

13 minute mark: Hutchinson with a great defensive play.

20 minute mark: Paulo gets it at midfield.. passes it to Graham.. he is dribbling into the box.. hard tackle.. whistle.. no penalty shot.. free kick given from just outside the box. Graham shoots it.. just over the bar.

27 minute mark: Elliott intercepts it at midfield.. heads it to Graham.. he plays a thru ball for Paulo who dribbles into the box.. the keeper is backpedaling.. Paulo shoots.. great save by the keeper to tip it over the bar.

31 minute mark: Teale takes a corner kick.. sends it towards the near post... Osorio outjumps everyone.. heads it.. into the upper right corner.. GOAL!!!! 2-0.

39 minute mark: Osorio heads away a pass into the box.. but Zamora gets the header and heads it to Proctor.. Proctor shoots immediately before the defense can close in on him.. upper left corner.. past Paddy.. GOAL. Up 2-1.

Halftime: We are up 2-1. West Ham has over 30,000 fans here today.

49 minute mark: Paddy stops a shot from Proctor.

52 minute mark: Elliott dribbles down the left sideline.. passes to Benayoun just outside the box.. he shoots.. it curves.. barely wide right.

60 minute mark: Benayoun steals the ball at midfield.. plays a long pass to Teale who is alone in the box.. he shoots.. the keeper smothers the shot.

61 minute mark: Begeorgi on for Graham who is tired. Kelly on for Benayoun.

80 minute mark: Robbie Stockdale gets a yellow card for tripping Kelly.

82 minute mark: Paddy stops a close range shot from Stockdale.

83 minute mark: Begeorgi gets the long pass.. shoots the keeper blocks it.. Begeorgi passes the rebound to Paulo.. he shoots.. keeper tips it over the bar.

85 minute mark: Begeorgi gets a long pass from Osorio.. he crosses it for Kelly who heads it.. keeper punches it out.. Begeorgi gets it.. passes to Rolfes just outside the box.. Rolfes with a hard powerful shot.. it deflects off a defender.. into the lower right corner of the goal!!! GOAL!!!! 3-1.

88 minute mark: Paddy kicks a long free kick that the defender misses and it gets to Paulo just right of the box.. he centers for Kelly.. Kelly settles it.. shoots.. upper right corner.. past the keeper.. GOAL!!!! 4-1!

91 minute mark: Paddy stops a long shot from Anton Ferdinand.

Game over. Impressive 4-1 win for us

We outshot them 20-10 (10-6 on target)

EVERY guy on the team had an 8 for form!

Stuart Elliot wins MoM, 25 of 33 passes, 7 of 7 tackles, 3 of 5 headers, 2 interceptions, 8 runs, 1 assist.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:17 AM   #84
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

The Wigan Board could not hide their delight after that big win over West Ham.

Gary Teale's 303 League Appearances in his Wigan career is a new record for the team.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:49 AM   #85
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'm getting worried that this guy might be too cocky.
The question, obviously, is whether he's just cocky or cocky and funny.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 12:42 PM   #86
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus
The question, obviously, is whether he's just cocky or cocky and funny.

I'm thinking it is the latter as morale on the team is very upbeat now.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-06-2005 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 12:57 PM   #87
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 15, 2009 -

Darn it! Danny Spiller tore a groin muscle today in practice and will miss the next 4 weeks. Danny has really been stepping it up. I have depth to cover it, but I feel like he has been bringing a spark to the team.

Tom Hutchinson, Tomasz Jarzebowski, and Simon Rolfes were all selected to the Championship team of the Week.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:05 PM   #88
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 18, 2009 -

That A-hole! Georges Ambourouet has rejected the Blackpool trade as he feels the basic wage being offered there is unacceptable!
Old 03-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #89
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep. 19, 2009 -

Today we host Cardiff. We are currently in 9th place while Cardiff is in 18th place. Cardiff has a good defense led by Peter Clarke, James Collins and Stephen Crainey. The midfield has been average with Gary Liddle and left winger Paul Parry being the best players for this team. Striker Lewis Guy is a potent scoer and he has 9 goals on the year. His partner Andrew Campbell only has 2 and is the next leading scorer on the team. Their keeper Paul Harrison has generally been very good in net.

We are 6-4 favorites.

It's raining with temperatures in the mid 60's

DC: Hutchinson (earned one more start)
MC: Longthorn

Old 03-06-2005, 01:32 PM   #90
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

3 minute mark: McAnuff takes the corner.. Collins heads it from the center of the box.. into the upper left corner.. GOAL. Down 1-0.

12 minute mark: Paulo steals it at midfield.. nice pass to Graham.. he dribbles into the box.. my former player David Wright tackles him from behind and clears it.

22 minute mark: Gorgeous passing between Benayoun and Paulo all the way down the pitch from our own end.. finally this beautiful two man game ends with a pass from Benayoun to Paulo in the right edge of the box.. he centers back to Benayoun who immediately kicks it into the lower left half of the goal.. GOAL!!!! 1-1.

Remainder of the 1st half they played turtle and we pressed the attack but with 9 men back didn't really have any good scoring opportunities.

Halftime: 1-1 tie. We have over 15,000 fans today

49 minute mark: Elliott passes it down the left sideline to Graham.. Graham crosses for Benayoun.. point blank shot.. the keeper blocks it.. Paulo racing to the rebound.. Collins the centreback barely beats him to it and clears it.. saving a goal.

54 minute mark: Osorio has been smothering Guy all day and he heads a pass away to midfield.. Rolfes passes to Graham.. he passes it up the pitch to Benayoun.. Benayoun draws two defenders.. passes between them to Paulo.. the keeper comes out to the cut the angle.. Paulo shoots.. lower left corner.. it's past the keeper.. barely wide left of the post.

65 minute mark: Paulista on for Paulo who is tired. Begeorgi on for Graham who is tired. Kelly on for Benayoun who is also tired.

88 minute mark: Elliott dribbles into the box.. shoots.. barely over the bar.

Game over. 1-1 tie. They played turtle most of the second half and prevented us from getting many scoring opportunities.

We outshot them 6-2 (3-1 on goal)

Tomasz Jarzebowski wins MoM, 24 of 39 passes, 0 tackles, 14 of 15 headers, 8 interceptions. 8 for form.

Elliott, Benayoun, and Paulo also had 8's for form. The remainder of the team had 7's except for Paddy who had a 5 since he gave up a goal on the only shot he faced.
Old 03-06-2005, 01:37 PM   #91
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 20, 2009 -

Welling Paulista has told the media that after initially having trouble, he is now settled at Wigan and very happy to be here. He is looking forward to concentrating on football and performing very well.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:04 PM   #92
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 26, 2009 -

Today we travel to play Crewe. Crewe is currently in 23rd place. We are in 8th place. Crewe's leading weapon striker Stefan Moore is injured. This next best striker Ben Burgess is also injured. They will have to rely on the defense which is led by left fullback Ryan Miller and right back Lee Bell. Keeper Joe Murphy is above average and will be difficult to score against. Daniel Fox is a skilled midfielder. The rest of the midfield hasn't been playing well lately.

We are 4-5 favorites.

It's windy and overcast with temperatures in the low 50's.

S3: Nicell

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 03-06-2005 at 02:48 PM.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:45 PM   #93
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Post Match Info:

Wigan Chairman Dave Whelan could not hide his delight after that win.

On TV, I see that the experts believe we are having a fantastic start, but that we will fade by midseason. They say my squad should enjoy the spotlight while they can.

I hope to prove the pundits wrong.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:47 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well crud, I could have sworn that I posted the log of the last match, but I don't see it in this thread.

We dominated Crewe. We outshot them 22-2. Paulo played particularly well with a goal and a brilliant assist to Fabrice Begeorgi who came on as a sub at the 64 minute mark. Graham had three shots hit the crossbar, but the last one hit the crossbar, then the keeper's back! It bounced in off the keeper's back and gave us credit for an own goal! That was a funny fluky goal. It was a great 3-0 win for us and Teale won MoM for his great passing and 1 assist.
Old 03-06-2005, 02:55 PM   #95
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Sep 30, 2009 -

Kenny Lunt was selected to the Championship Team of the Week.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:02 PM   #96
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct 1, 2009 -

The Wigan board is pleased with my performance as manager.

Stuart Elliott has suffered a calf strain in practice today. He will likely miss about 2 weeks.

Leed's Aaron Lenn has won Player of the Month. Mark Jackson of Preston came in 2nd, and Seyi George Olofinjana of Wolverhampton came in 3rd.

Crewe's Ryan Miller won young player of the month. Steven Brogan of Sheffield came in 2nd, and Chris Casement of Millwall came in 3rd.

Sheffield's Paul Sturrock won Manager of the Month. I came in 2nd, and Mark Hateley of Preston came in 3rd.

Joao Paulo won goal of the month for his strike against Norwich on September 5th!
Old 03-06-2005, 03:06 PM   #97
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct. 3, 2009 -

England beat Norway 3-1 in a World Cup Qualifying match.

Yossi Benayoun was Israel's hero as he scored a hattrick and had 2 assists in a 6-0 win versus Andorra in World Cup Qualifying match!

Tomasz Jarzebowski was in magnificent form for Poland and he had a 9 for form in a 4-0 win over Georgia in their World Cup Qualifying match.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:10 PM   #98
weinstein7
High School JV

I just started following this dynasty with this thread, but I'm quickly getting hooked on it (even though I've never played FM!).

How is Harrogate doing without you?
weinstein7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 03:17 PM   #99
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oct. 7, 2009 -

Greg Kelly injured his neck in training and will miss about a week.

England beat Scotland 4-0 in their World Cup Qualifying Match.

Tomasz Jarzebowski played well in a 2-0 win versus Armenia while earning a 7 for form.

Yossi Benayoun played well but didn't score in a 0-0 match versus Switzerland.
Old 03-06-2005, 03:29 PM   #100
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by weinstein7
I just started following this dynasty with this thread, but I'm quickly getting hooked on it (even though I've never played FM!).

How is Harrogate doing without you?

Good question. As I mentioned, they were relegated from League One last year. This year they are hanging in League Two. They have a record of 1 win, 6 draws, and 3 losses and are currently in 19th place hovering out of the relegation zone. They have a new keeper named Danny Clarke who is playing well. Richard O'Connor is his backup. Stephen Cooke has been a key contributor at right wing I liked him and thought he would be good for the team. Mark Smyth is the leading scorer for them with 5 goals but he is unhappy about his contract and wants to be transferred. Jermaine Palmer has 3 goals for them and is doing well. Andrew Wright is getting old and is primarily a sub now, but is still playing well in limited action. They are playing my old striker Andy Farrell quite a bit, and he hasn't done much but he does have 1 goal. Joe Barnett is finally happy playing centreback and he is doing it well. It looks like if they can get more consistent offense, they could avoid relegation. Their stadium is still the same tiny stadium. Their facilities are still horrible and their finances aren't great but are okay thanks to the money I sent to them for Kelly and others.

Feel free to ask any questions as you read along, and I hope you enjoy.