Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-01-2016, 07:27 PM   #51
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Trent Williams suspended 4 games for a violation of the substance abuse policy.

CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #52
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Rumor has it the reason they made the trade was they knew the Browns would franchise him once or twice, so they wouldn't see him again for the "revenge game" in two years (and also "Hey, if you don't shape up, you're not going to get that big free agent payday, we're going to send you to siberia (or cleveland), where sure, you'll get paid big money for a season, but you don't get to choose where you go")
This seems like a dumb talk radio narrative. Besides, I thought the way you got revenge on a payer was by changing his position to Punter before you released him!
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #53
Logan
Head Coach

I know it's the Browns and all, but there's no way the compensation is going to jump from a 3rd round compensatory to the likely 1st pick of the 2nd round of the draft if they sign Collins to an extension. That difference is the equivalent of another high 2nd rounder especially when considering how much value is placed on being first to select on day 2 to catch any 1st round fallers.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 07:55 AM   #54
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
This seems like a dumb talk radio narrative. Besides, I thought the way you got revenge on a payer was by changing his position to Punter before you released him!

He was traded because he started running his mouth in the locker room, even if only a little. Only thing that makes sense and Belichick has had a complete zero tolerance for that since the Adalius Thomas fiasco. If he truly was looking for Vonn Miller money, that's some insight into his ego.

Other reason would be to send a message to his sloppy defense, he does that on occasion, but I don't think that would be enough on its own in this case.

Last edited by jeff061 : 11-02-2016 at 07:57 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:55 AM   #55
CrescentMoonie
College Starter

Norv Turner quits in Minnesota. Pat Shurmur takes over as the interim OC and rumors are they're considering promoting OL coach Tony Sparano to the full time OC spot. I guess it's because of the bang up job he's doing with the OL.
CrescentMoonie is offline   Reply With Quote