Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 09-06-2005, 07:49 PM   #51
Buccaneer
Head Coach

27 members and 6 guests

Separate forum, my ass. This is what we want from FOFC.

Old 09-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #52
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
seriously. this whole thing has reached ridiculous porportions and i weighed whether i really wanted to contribute to it by responding in this thread, not that my response means anything. But I gotta say FN, other guys get called a lot worse than bitchtroll on here all the time, in threads that aren't even political. Look, you just called people spineless douchebags in this very thread. And I've seen worse directed towards various people here time and time again.

I don't know if this is your wife feeling this way and asking you to intercede or something, but I think this is how I feel:

1) if this is just YOU feeling this way, that we're name-calling and picking on her and what-not, then maybe you should have thought about that BEFORE you encouraged her to signup and start posting here. she's not immune to the name-calling and the vitriol that goes on here just because she's your wife, if you can't handle reading it and grow some thick skin and stop thinking everything is a personal attack then maybe one of you two should leave the board? It's your problem not everyone else's.

2) if she is pushing you to defend her on the board then maybe you ought to explain to her that this is the way of the board, and of the internet in general, and she has to grow some thicker skin.

All that being said, I do wish people could be more civil and less mean on the board. But that's part of the internet, take it or leave it i guess.

I'm sure you'll have some hate-filled response to this, no-doubt involving name-calling and threatening violence. It's just a shame that seemingly lately everything you've posted has seemed so inflamed and irrational. I used to read your posts and value your opinions, but lately it's all degenerated. I think you need to take a step back and ask yourself why, and is this the image you want everyone in the community to have of you?

You had me up until "seriously".
Old 09-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #53
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
27 members and 6 guests

Separate forum, my ass. This is what we want from FOFC.

the old man has a point
Old 09-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #54
Easy Mac

This thread sucks.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #55
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
This thread sucks.

I give it a 5 - on a trial basis.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:51 PM   #56
Franklinnoble
Banned

So, just so I have this straight...

What Blackadar did was fine.

What my wife did was not.

You guys need to re-examine your priorities. Maybe it took my wife getting subjected to this to realize this, but this is ridiculous.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:52 PM   #57
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
It's sad that the first thing I remembered when seeing that picture and the qoute was the Pepsi commercial that was out at the time.

*sigh of releif* I must have missed that one.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #58
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You guys need to re-examine your priorities

Says the man flipping out on an internet message board?

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-06-2005 at 07:53 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #59
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

She's not "your wife" she's Capsicum, and Capsicum earned whatever shit she reaps.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #60
Poli
FOFC Survivor

30 members, 8 guests.

I'm staying out of this, fn, as I don't really know what either of them did (though I've read about it). Maybe they're both in the wrong.

Remember tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #61
Galaxy
Coordinator

This is like pre-school:

"Teacher, he took my milk."
"Teacher, she took my toy."

"I HATE YOU!"
Old 09-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #62
digamma
Torchbearer

How about a separate forum for spouses?

Old 09-06-2005, 07:54 PM   #63
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061
Says the man flipping out on an internet message board?

Says the man trying to evanglize the messageboard, while calling the board names and threatening violence.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:55 PM   #64
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar
She's not "your wife" she's Capsicum, and Capsicum earned whatever shit she reaps.

So should Blackadar. Hell, suspend me as well for getting personal or threating to knock his teeth out... but be consistent. Don't ban a newb for being political while shielding an old-timer for being a vulgar, name-calling jerk.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #65
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
How about a separate forum for spouses?

Well now what have I done?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #66
Buccaneer
Head Coach

It must be the magic word "ping" and the angry smiley. Works every time.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:56 PM   #67
Rizon
Pro Starter

Hey, I heard I got a warning on the OOTP Boards ... for posts I made a year after I was gone.

So in the world of internet message boards, this all makes sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #68
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn

You didn't have fun sucking?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:57 PM   #69
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

i think this is what i was trying to get at. you have to seperate capsicum from your wife FN. they're not the same people to us. i don't think any of us would say the stuff we said to YOUR WIFE, but capsicum is just a poster on a message board, who has managed to inflame a lot of passion. seperate the two, please, for your own sanity, to bring back the old "sane" FN?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:58 PM   #70
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Well now what have I done?

I was gender neutral--you can send Arlie.
Old 09-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #71
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
You didn't have fun sucking?

mmmm....sucking...
Old 09-06-2005, 07:59 PM   #72
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
I was gender neutral--you can send Arlie.

Never thought of that!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #73
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i think this is what i was trying to get at. you have to seperate capsicum from your wife FN. they're not the same people to us. i don't think any of us would say the stuff we said to YOUR WIFE, but capsicum is just a poster on a message board, who has managed to inflame a lot of passion. seperate the two, please, for your own sanity, to bring back the old "sane" FN?

The name calling wouldn't even bother me if it was dealt with in a fair manner. If capsicum is going to get suspended for posting something provocative, then let's be consistent across the board. None of this "well, you haven't been here long enough to talk like that" crap.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:00 PM   #74
sabotai
General Manager

FN, a few things. First off, Blackie didn't say anything to or about your wife that hasn't been said to and about plenty of people on this board. Blackie didn't cross any line that hasn't been crossed before. Now, if you want to argue that it's about time a line should be drawn, fine. But I'm pretty sure I've seen you throw around names at members around here.

You need to realize that it doesn't matter who she is. Once she posts on this board, she is a regular member and the risks that go with that involve being called names.

Lastly, if what Blackie says really makes you this upset, we do have an ignore feature.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:02 PM   #75
CamEdwards
Stadium Announcer

Quote:

Ding Ding Ding.

You don't get special bonus points or any additional slack for being someone's wife on here.

The vast consensus of the board is that capsicum is a troll. Yes, she has a few defenders, but the majority of the board feels she is a troll. That's why almost no one is standing up for her, not because of some vendetta against you, or her, or conservatives in general.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #76
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamEdwards
Ding Ding Ding.

You don't get special bonus points or any additional slack for being someone's wife on here.

The vast consensus of the board is that capsicum is a troll. Yes, she has a few defenders, but the majority of the board feels she is a troll. That's why almost no one is standing up for her, not because of some vendetta against you, or her, or conservatives in general.

Seconded.

You ever think for a second Franklin that the reason you're seeing so little support for your point of view is that you're the one most blinded by bias on this issue?
Old 09-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #77
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I think its more believeable that we are all spineless douchebags. Yep.

Last edited by jeff061 : 09-06-2005 at 08:06 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:06 PM   #78
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
You ever think for a second Franklin that the reason you're seeing so little support for your point of view is that you're the one most blinded by bias on this issue?

Yep.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #79
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Oh, well yeah - I thought that was a given...

Old 09-06-2005, 08:07 PM   #80
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
The name calling wouldn't even bother me if it was dealt with in a fair manner. If capsicum is going to get suspended for posting something provocative, then let's be consistent across the board. None of this "well, you haven't been here long enough to talk like that" crap.

Maybe that last line worked for her first suspension (which was removed). But not now. No, she wasn't suspended because she posted something before she had been around long enough to do so. She was suspended for being a troll. That's it. If any one of us posted in the manner that she did, we'd be gone for 2 weeks, no exceptions. In fact, I'm pretty sure I've seen long time members suspended for less. So you can drop this nonsense of her being suspended because she's new.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #81
Swaggs
Coordinator

I would also add that it is not elitism that gets some of the more long-standing posters a little bit more slack (at least from me). It is that they may make inflammatory posts like 5%-10% of the time over a large body of posts. When someone new comes in, makes 100 posts with 50% of them being inflammatory, they should have a shorter leash.

Last edited by Swaggs : 09-07-2005 at 12:31 AM.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #82
Buzzbee
College Starter

Couple of things:

1) FN - Ummm...you refer to Capsicum getting suspended. While that is true, the suspension was rescinded. Therefore to base your argument on the fact that Capsicum got suspended seems to be a house of cards. Rather than play this out as FN vs. Mods, it would have seemed much more likely to get results if you had simply reported Blackie's posts.

2) Also FN, it seems pretty evident that you have a serious problem with the modding. My question to you is, and I mean this with tremendous sincerity: Are you going to be able to get over it? If so, then I suggest realizing that fact and start walking the path to forgiveness. If you are not, then you need to either work to change the system or walk away from the system. A word of caution though - if you choose to try and change the system (meaning add or replace mods) I suggest great care in how you go about it. People are naturally resistant to change, and I'd also hate to see this board divided because a few people have axes to grind. If you decide that you can't get over it and can't get around it, then ya gotta go through the door.

Just my thoughts. Take 'em for what they're worth.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:20 PM   #83
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Yeah, painful. I think it was like the guy chose a Coke and the knight said "You have chosen poorly" and then Indy picked a Pepsi and the knight said "You have chosen.....wisely." So bad. Why do I remember shitty commercials so well?

And people bitched about Yoda using the Jedi Mind Trick for Pepsi. That was classic compared to the knight one.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:22 PM   #84
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
1) FN - Ummm...you refer to Capsicum getting suspended. While that is true, the suspension was rescinded. Therefore to base your argument on the fact that Capsicum got suspended seems to be a house of cards.
She got thrown back into the box recently.

Last edited by sabotai : 09-06-2005 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:23 PM   #85
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzbee
Couple of things:

1) FN - Ummm...you refer to Capsicum getting suspended. While that is true, the suspension was rescinded. Therefore to base your argument on the fact that Capsicum got suspended seems to be a house of cards. Rather than play this out as FN vs. Mods, it would have seemed much more likely to get results if you had simply reported Blackie's posts.

2) Also FN, it seems pretty evident that you have a serious problem with the modding. My question to you is, and I mean this with tremendous sincerity: Are you going to be able to get over it? If so, then I suggest realizing that fact and start walking the path to forgiveness. If you are not, then you need to either work to change the system or walk away from the system. A word of caution though - if you choose to try and change the system (meaning add or replace mods) I suggest great care in how you go about it. People are naturally resistant to change, and I'd also hate to see this board divided because a few people have axes to grind. If you decide that you can't get over it and can't get around it, then ya gotta go through the door.

Just my thoughts. Take 'em for what they're worth.

She was suspended again today, btw. I don't think you knew that.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:24 PM   #86
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
She got thrown back into the bax recently.

Obviously I missed that. FN, please ignore my point #1, as I obviously know nothing of which I speak. Make your own call on my point #2.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:49 PM   #87
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Franklinnoble hates it when we deny him free speech to call us all spineless douchebags and yadda yadda, but it's hate speech to call him such things in return.

Double standard, they name is FranklinNoble.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:52 PM   #88
st.cronin
General Manager

All this could have been avoided if only Jim had put out TCY 2 by now.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #89
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Franklinnoble hates it when we deny him free speech to call us all spineless douchebags and yadda yadda, but it's hate speech to call him such things in return.

Double standard, they name is FranklinNoble.

I think we all know this, but everyone continuing to take shots at each other is going to do nothing more than keep things going.

Let the mods do their thing. Everyone else just chill and talk about other things, such as sports, movies, and making this board a better place.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:57 PM   #90
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

ALL IS WELL!
Old 09-06-2005, 08:58 PM   #91
McSweeny
College Starter

when all this is sorted out we're going to need a play-by-play to see who gets boxed, banned, promoted, rewarded, etc etc
Old 09-06-2005, 09:00 PM   #92
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSweeny
when all this is sorted out we're going to need a play-by-play to see who gets boxed, banned, promoted, rewarded, etc etc

The situation will scream for a flere diagram.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:01 PM   #93
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

What because we wouldn't defend our wives from (harmless) harsh words with (just as harmless) harsher words?

Yup, we're just not men.

Or perhaps the manly thing to do in the first place would have been NOT TO TELL YOUR WIFE ABOUT THE BOARD SO YOU COULD COME HERE AND BITCH ABOUT HER BEHIND HER BACK.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #94
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari
What because we wouldn't defend our wives from (harmless) harsh words with (just as harmless) harsher words?

Yup, we're just not men.

Or perhaps the manly thing to do in the first place would have been NOT TO TELL YOUR WIFE ABOUT THE BOARD SO YOU COULD COME HERE AND BITCH ABOUT HER BEHIND HER BACK.

I think his post was sarcasm.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:05 PM   #95
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I really wanna post the picture of Kevin Bacon from Animal House in this discussion, right before the crowd takes him away...it screams it here and a few other areas on the board right now.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #96
Farrah Whitworth-Rahn
Red-Headed Vixen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari

Does that really work?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #97
RendeR
Coordinator

Diagram seems simple:

Franklin brings wife to board as Caspicum

Capsicum begins internet message board life as a trolling trouble maker

Capsicum is set upon by other members tired of trolls starting shit

Franklin living with said troll gets backlash from his wife

Franklin goes into a tizzy because his life is now hell thanks to his/her decision to join the board

Did I miss anything?
Old 09-06-2005, 09:11 PM   #98
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR
Diagram seems simple:

Franklin brings wife to board as Caspicum

Capsicum begins internet message board life as a trolling trouble maker

Capsicum is set upon by other members tired of trolls starting shit

Franklin living with said troll gets backlash from his wife

Franklin goes into a tizzy because his life is now hell thanks to his/her decision to join the board

Did I miss anything?

Priceless.

Mastercard.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #99
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
I think his post was sarcasm.

LOL, I knew that, but FN took a shot at all of our manhood's for some people questioning him in the first place. It was him I was really responding to. Call it a misquote.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:20 PM   #100
KWhit
Coordinator

Gotcha.
Closed Thread