Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-21-2011, 12:04 AM   #51
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Ooh.. my regional leagues mod (replacing england's league setup with a 9 region national league based on location, with the winners of each region playing for the national championship) from FM11 imported into FM12 fine.

Prepare for great rejoicing or great despair (and bending Marc's ear as he told me the bug that prevented it from working in FM11 was fixed!)

And the answer is:

Not yet. It ranks euro teams based on the REGIONAL points, not the playoff points. (which is a problem when smaller leagues play 28-30 games, and some bigger leagues play 38-40 games)

SirFozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:16 AM   #52
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The one that sov posted earlier worked fine for me...just finished DLing.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:19 AM   #53
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
The one that sov posted earlier worked fine for me...just finished DLing.

Did you kick in for the premium package upgrade? I wasnt able to download that unless I upgraded to premium which cost something.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-21-2011 at 12:21 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:32 AM   #54
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

This is the screen Im getting from that link.
Attached Images
File Type: gif fm2011.gif (649.3 KB, 362 views)
Old 10-21-2011, 12:35 AM   #55
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

and you din't click on the free mirrors part at the bottom?
Old 10-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #56
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Neat lil touch - the derbies all have their proper names.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:38 AM   #57
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Did you kick in for the premium package upgrade? I wasnt able to download that unless I upgraded to premium which cost something.

Nope...I didn't.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:39 AM   #58
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
and you din't click on the free mirrors part at the bottom?

That is where this conversation began. They are saying they could click on this all in one download where I dont see it as an option.

Them mirror links on the free package take over an hour for each one. It was taking so long so DT put a torrent link for the face packs that has already finished downloading. Now I was looking for a different way for the logos.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 10-21-2011 at 12:39 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #59
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Logos - Download Metallic Logos Mega Pack

sent me to a page where I just had to download the one file for the logos.

I'd throw up a torrent for the logos too, but it's 2am and bedtime for me - and I don't leave my laptop on when I sleep. If you haven't got them tomorrow I'll happily throw one up when I'm done with work then.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-21-2011 at 12:42 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:44 AM   #60
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Logos - Download Metallic Logos Mega Pack

sent me to a page where I just had to download the one file for the logos.

I'd throw up a torrent for the logos too, but it's 2am and bedtime for me - and I don't leave my laptop on when I sleep. If you haven't got them tomorrow I'll happily throw one up when I'm done with work then.

Ill just use these ones that I found. Thanks for all of the help.
Old 10-21-2011, 12:47 AM   #61
MrBug708
Head Coach

In the preseason, got invited to go on a Chinese Tour as the enthusiasm for my team there. Just two games though
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:38 AM   #62
MrBug708
Head Coach

Uggh can't find where to get the new youth players
Old 10-21-2011, 01:54 AM   #63
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Uggh can't find where to get the new youth players

What do you mean?
Old 10-21-2011, 02:08 AM   #64
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Michael Owen (750k midyear signing from ManU) with an "Old Trafford Special" for Juventus against Inter Milan in the Derby d'Italia (94th minute winner in a 95 minute game)

3rd goal of the package. You also get Inter's goal against me, and a beautiful FK by my potential Krasic-replacement, a 22 year old Icelandic kid named Gylfi Sigurosson.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 10-21-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:54 AM   #65
cody8200
High School Varsity

I keep harping on this but quick question - how does MLS look? Can anyone familiar run a season and see the results. Are there weird releases occurring and are the newgens better?
cody8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:38 AM   #66
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
What do you mean?

I didn't get any new players when the season turned over. I'll play a little bit more this morning before I go sub, but was disappointed
Old 10-21-2011, 08:43 AM   #67
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Hoo boy. Once again, my 'every other year' purchase is rewarded. This is a vast upgrade over '10. Was amazed at how much the game has improved both in the games and in the interface. Didn't make it very far last night, but love everything I've seen thus far.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 08:45 AM   #68
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
I didn't get any new players when the season turned over. I'll play a little bit more this morning before I go sub, but was disappointed

Hmm weird. I'm only in January/early Feb with my game, but will check at the end of the year.
Old 10-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #69
Bea-Arthurs Hip
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post
I keep harping on this but quick question - how does MLS look? Can anyone familiar run a season and see the results. Are there weird releases occurring and are the newgens better?

Looks like there are some salary cap issues, GA & Sen "SEL" players being counted against cap, I am not playing MLS only telling you what I am reading on the SI boards.

I hope it is not true as I would like to run a career MLS game, fingers crossed.
Sancte Michael Archangele, defende nos in proelio; contra nequitiam et insidias diaboli esto praesidium. Imperat illi Deus; supplices deprecamur: tuque, Princeps militiae coelestis, Satanam aliosque spiritus malignos, qui ad perditionem animarum pervagantur in mundo, divina virtute in infernum detrude.
Bea-Arthurs Hip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #70
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I've already redone my "American Premier League" file.. if someone wants to test it.
Old 10-21-2011, 02:59 PM   #71
Axxon
Pro Starter

I just saw something I haven't seen in forever. I had a striker score a perfect 10 in a friendly match. I can't remember seeing that in a long time. He did have 6 goals but I've seen that and no 10.

Same game, which I won 6-3 had something I know I've never seen. I had a center defender score 2 own goals, both mostly on the GK but still. I kept him in but alas no own goal hat trick. Has anyone ever seen that one before? Would the hat trick commentary kick in or what?
Old 10-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #72
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody8200 View Post

Not interested in the MLS and haven't check out anything on this board in a long time, but it does look like it's still active. I'm sure there are some MLS impressions there.

FMNorthAmerica

Edit: Okay, I browsed the forum real quickly and there doesn't seem to be any substantial impressions/reviews. Sorry. Might be a place to check back with in the future though.

Last edited by sovereignstar v2 : 10-21-2011 at 05:17 PM.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:43 PM   #73
moriarty
College Starter

OK - need some advice b/c I don't remember how the DB size works. I'm about 5 months into my LLManager (Blue whatever North) and have all England, and several leagues from Spain/Germany/Italy enabled.

Problem is I'm on small DB size - so not sure if it's worth restarting. Am I going to run into an issue where there are not enough 'good' players to add to my team, or is my only risk that England will start winning World Cups in 2018? My goal is to advance up the managerial chain (i.e. take improved job offers) so I hopefully won't be in the lower leagues forever.

Throw away 4-5 months and restart or press on? Thoughts?
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 05:46 PM   #74
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
I've already redone my "American Premier League" file.. if someone wants to test it.

Editing went that well this year? Just wondering...
Old 10-21-2011, 06:03 PM   #75
whomario
Pro Starter

what are the other 2 .Inc files for besides the "fake" one ? (one is "nleague", the other "lic_dan_swe_fra")
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #76
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

How do I edit the quality of a team's youth and training facilities? And is it possible to do it mid-save?
Old 10-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #77
whomario
Pro Starter

Before start in the regular editor (has to be downloaded aditionally in steam, go to library ---> tools )

Will be possible in game in a little while i guess, just have a look here every now and then : FMRTE - Official website » Football Manager Real Time Editor - Website

Lots of guys used this in 10 and 11 to make the game more challenging (giving rival teams money and better facilities, you can also cancel a few stupid transfers every now and then)
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:14 PM   #78
sovereignstar v2
hates iowa

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
what are the other 2 .Inc files for besides the "fake" one ? (one is "nleague", the other "lic_dan_swe_fra")

They are supposed to be deleted when using the fake files so I don't have mine any longer. Might be able to tell what they do if you open them up in notepad.
sovereignstar v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:17 PM   #79
Ryan S
Quarterback

Quote:

I think nleague creates fake names for the Japanese teams. Not sure what the other one does, but I usually delete it anyway.
Ryan S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:23 PM   #80
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Before start in the regular editor (has to be downloaded aditionally in steam, go to library ---> tools )

Will be possible in game in a little while i guess, just have a look here every now and then : FMRTE - Official website » Football Manager Real Time Editor - Website

Lots of guys used this in 10 and 11 to make the game more challenging (giving rival teams money and better facilities, you can also cancel a few stupid transfers every now and then)

Thanks!

I was actually not able to find what the steps are to get to a team's youth facilities etc. in the editor - any advice?

Thanks so much for your help!!
Old 10-21-2011, 07:51 PM   #81
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty View Post
OK - need some advice b/c I don't remember how the DB size works. I'm about 5 months into my LLManager (Blue whatever North) and have all England, and several leagues from Spain/Germany/Italy enabled.

Problem is I'm on small DB size - so not sure if it's worth restarting. Am I going to run into an issue where there are not enough 'good' players to add to my team, or is my only risk that England will start winning World Cups in 2018? My goal is to advance up the managerial chain (i.e. take improved job offers) so I hopefully won't be in the lower leagues forever.

Throw away 4-5 months and restart or press on? Thoughts?

I'm pondering this myself. Thinking I'll end up restarting for my serious game, which sucks, because I'm leading the league through like 20 weeks in this game.
Old 10-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #82
MrBug708
Head Coach

Looks like youth intake happens three months before the season ends
Old 10-21-2011, 10:50 PM   #83
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I got youthies in Italy in March.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:47 AM   #84
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm pondering this myself. Thinking I'll end up restarting for my serious game, which sucks, because I'm leading the league through like 20 weeks in this game.

If you have a decent computer (less than two years old), i would select Custom size and then all the national reputation players from each continent, that will give you around 88k players.

If you are going to play mainly in Europe as i do, i also select all the players from the top division teams in Europe. I think my total DB had around 94k players.

Else at least select large database that will give you around 25k players, depending on the legues you select as playable.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 08:13 AM   #85
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I'm enjoying all the new animations in the match engine.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 01:52 PM   #86
bhlloy
Coordinator

I'm loving this year's version, they finally seem to have gotten the match engine and the 3D to a point where there aren't too many weird things going on that take away from the experience and I can finally seem to put a superior team out there with a simple tactic and watch them do what I would expect a team of decent soccer players to do. I can put a target man with good target man ratings up there and watch him do what a target man is supposed to do - hold the ball up and bring other players into the game. I didn't feel like that last year for whatever reason.

One minor gripe - the logic with own goals still seems to be pretty wacky. IRL if a free kick deflects off the wall or if there is a shot on goal that the keeper gets a hand to but can't do anything but help it into the side of the net, that's still the attackers goal. Don't think the match engine does quite a good enough job of recognising that yet, and I hate it when it screws my players out of goals or kills one of my players average rating when IRL they wouldn't be blamed for it. But pretty minor. Overall I think the match engine and the way the game plays has taken huge strides.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #87
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I got youthies in Italy in March.

Early March in England
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:13 PM   #88
Izulde
Head Coach

So is FM12 not quite as frustrating for people who suck like me?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:22 PM   #89
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
So is FM12 not quite as frustrating for people who suck like me?

For me at least, not so far. I chose Wrexham, I have one of the best squads in the league to begin with, I signed/loaned 6 or 7 quality players and I'm dominating with a basic 4-4-2. Might just be a flash in the pan but I was never this good last year.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #90
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Finally a day off to play. Like others already restarting. First game start unemployed and get hired by Derby go to meet the staff, no ass-man, 1 position coach, and 6 youth coaches WTF? Budget so tight can't even afford to a mutual release and hire who I need.

Start my new game and look at Derby and they have ass-man and like 6 coaches. Guessing they left in my first game with the fired manager. Anyway hit "select team for me" or whatever it's called a few times until I came up with a team with a full staff and a little bit of money. Ended up with Burnley and am digging in today to get my club squared away.

Also if you haven't been on SI site base skins are now posted in the "skinning hideout" making customizing much easier.

Sports Interactive Community
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 03:20 PM   #91
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FLARES IN THE STANDS...WOO!!!
Old 10-22-2011, 05:10 PM   #92
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

Ballotti was with the fans?

seriously i cant wait to see that at my stadium.... as soon as i can sell more than 6k seats
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:14 PM   #93
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
Ballotti was with the fans?

seriously i cant wait to see that at my stadium.... as soon as i can sell more than 6k seats

Yeah - that was the first time I saw it.
Old 10-22-2011, 06:12 PM   #94
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Another deal from Amazon (this one does say US billing addresses only):

Football Manager 2012 [Download] - 20% off at $31.99

Here's the weird part - if I do a google search for Football Manager 2012, only the MAC version appears. But if I log into my Amazon account first, I see the PC link. Not sure why that is... maybe the listing is brand new.

But I just entered my Product Key into Steam, and it is now downloading...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:22 PM   #95
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:

The supporters wear all sorts of clothing ...

(oh you mean 'those' flares )
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:28 PM   #96
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Do any of you ever play with fictional names? Does this make it more of a challenge (because you don't already know who the great players are)? Or does it really go against the true intent of taking an established team and making them champions...
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #97
markprior22
High School Varsity

Couple of general soccer questions...

1) What are good situations for loans? Benefits/Disadvantages if any?
2) How often do you sign players that your scout brings to your attention? I usually get a report and it usually says the player would be a useful addition but I can't sign everyone.
3) What is the frequency of transfers IRL? Is it like trades in baseball or are transfers less frequent?

Thanks
markprior22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 PM   #98
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

FYI - If you're adding leagues to an ongoing game guys, if you want to add multiple divisions within one country all you have to do is select the lowest and it will add the ones above that (just discovered this by trial and error myself).
Old 10-22-2011, 10:50 PM   #99
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post
Couple of general soccer questions...

1) What are good situations for loans? Benefits/Disadvantages if any?
2) How often do you sign players that your scout brings to your attention? I usually get a report and it usually says the player would be a useful addition but I can't sign everyone.
3) What is the frequency of transfers IRL? Is it like trades in baseball or are transfers less frequent?

Thanks

More experienced soccer guys will do better, but I'll shoot:

1) The strategy with loans is dependent on what size team you have. If you are playing in a lower division, getting loans from bigger teams can improve you greatly and help you get players without a huge expenditure.

If you are playing with a big team, loans are important to give young players first team experience. Make sure you look at the loan offer to see what type of role the club is going to use the player in. You want "valuable member of the first team" so your guys get experience. Other things you will look at will be youth facilites and the managers attributes at developing young talent.

2) Two reasons to sign players.

1) You have a crapload of money and you just want a guy. It's not always realistic, but it's fun to have guys you watch on TV play for your team.

2) The more reasonable thing is to look at your team needs. Look at the team ratings from your scout. Are you weak in midfield? Do you need a striker? Let's say you play a 1 forward formation and you have 1 superstar striker, a 4+ star potential 20 year old and a solid 3 star vet signed for three more years. It doesn't matter if your scout recommends 200 strikers, you really don't have a major need unless you spot a true bargain.

It's all about looking at your team and determining need positions.

3) There is decent turnover from year to year at most teams. Youth players head out, new ones come in. Older vets are sent packing or teams that have problem areas get a transfer budget and look to fill them. Some teams can completely revamp from year to year and bring in 10 or more players. More often, the top teams will tweak their rosters with a few exits/additions.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:51 PM   #100
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Playing as Man Utd, I have 14 goals from corners in 11 league games now. I am not sure if I am really exploiting anything specifically, the goals are coming from defenders on the near post, defenders on the far post, and loose balls in the box being slammed home by smaller attacking players. The AI teams just suck at defending them.

I know Ashley Young is good at taking corners and Vidic is a beast in the air but even he "only" has six of those goals.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote