Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 PM   #51
BishopMVP
Coordinator

If TCU runs the table, they deserve to be in the BCS.

BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 07:45 AM   #52
Huckleberry
College Starter

That's way too vague. They've played one team that no doubt deserves to be ranked and got spanked by 25.

If they win out in convincing fashion, then probably. But there's way too much football left to say what you said.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:11 AM   #53
MacroGuru
Coordinator

What can I say....BYU did not show up to play last night. That was evident from the get go.

Patterson stated on the MTN earlier this week that they have had this day circled on their calendars since January, even their tackling dummies and such has had a BYU helmet on them.

Based upon the way we played last night we deserved to lose, and I thought we would. Bronco was clearly not happy with the team at half time.

The players the last few weeks have bought into the BCS hype and that killed them, now that it is out of their system I hope BYU runs the table as does Utah until Nov 22. Both teams should still be ranked (Unless TCU pummels the U like they did BYU) and a win there won't necessarily guarantee BCS for BYU but it would ruin the Utes chance and that would make my day.

Cheers to all.....And BYU....pull your heads out of your asses and get ready to see everything TCU threw at you for the rest of the season.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 PM   #54
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

Tomorrow can't get here soon enough for me. OU needs to come out and make a statement against a good Kansas team. I was going to use the word "hungry", but that's probably not a good choice of words with Mangino coming to town.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 10-17-2008 at 09:59 PM.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 06:05 AM   #55
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

5 hours until game...Clemson, SC has an eery feel.

More fans tailgating and laughing than I have seen all year and its been that way since we started setting up at 5AM. I am almost always the first in our lot...today there were a dozen or more that beat me here.

Dabo, I dont know if you can coach, but you sure have sparked a fan base.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:25 AM   #56
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

7-0 Georgia Tech in Q1 on a pick six of some screwy looking WR reverse option pass that was, at best, ill advised.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-18-2008 at 11:26 AM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #57
General Mike
Pro Starter

Can't block. Can't tackle. And I'm sick of that Metallica song.
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:00 PM   #58
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I don't know who this slow witted analyst on the GT-CU game is but I hope he has Bowden's baby soon. All they've done for most of the past quarter is cry about the poor ex-coach and how unfair life is and how awful players/his brother are for commenting at all,etc, etc. I'm surprised these clowns weren't unable to call today's game for being overcome with grief.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:03 PM   #59
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

A.J. Green having a bit of a coming out party today. Stafford hit 'em on a 49 yard pass, and then followed the next play with a great 17 yard catch in the end-zone. This kid is pretty good.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-18-2008 at 12:03 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:07 PM   #60
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I don't know who this slow witted analyst on the GT-CU game is but I hope he has Bowden's baby soon. All they've done for most of the past quarter is cry about the poor ex-coach and how unfair life is and how awful players/his brother are for commenting at all,etc, etc. I'm surprised these clowns weren't unable to call today's game for being overcome with grief.

I like Pasch and Ware.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 10-18-2008, 12:08 PM   #61
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Clemson gets a FG to pull within 7-3. The Tech offense looks only slightly better today with Nesbitt at QB than it did against Gardner-Webb last week as they continue to appear bewildered by the foreign concept known as blocking.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:10 PM   #62
GrantDawg

Quote:
Clemson gets a FG to pull within 7-3. The Tech offense looks only slightly better today with Nesbitt at QB than it did against Gardner-Webb last week as they continue to appear bewildered by the foreign concept known as blocking.

"You mean, I have to hit that guy? That's not friendly."
Old 10-18-2008, 12:14 PM   #63
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And here go the ESPN village idiots railing yet again.

Newsflash for these morons: When coaches are making the outlandish salaries that are common today, those paying the salaries aren't going to sit around quietly nor patiently. "Unfair to the kids"? Many of them were clearly ready to pack the moving van for Bowden, why cry for them in this instance?
And now Ware literally reverses himself in mid-argument, going from how awful a thing coaching changes are for the players to how players shouldn't have any say so in the changes. WTF, did he take one blow to the head too many? He may be the dumbest sumbitch I've heard attempt to form a coherent sentence in a long time. He's one of those ex-athletes who has been coached to be slick in the booth but they couldn't make him actually intelligent.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:17 PM   #64
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Jackets get a TD on an abruptly nice drive just before the half to go up 14-3.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:18 PM   #65
GrantDawg

Stafford shows he still is immature. He rolls out and had plenty of time to set his feet to make a thorw. Instead, he throws running and the pass drops short right into the hand of the defender. This kid is a third year starter, and he still makes freshman mistakes several times a game.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:22 PM   #66
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Short KO by GT, kicker saves a touchdown with a tackle around the 40 ... and an interception on the first play from scrimmage denies Clemson a comeback score before halftime. 4th turnover of the half for CU.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:23 PM   #67
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

WTF did Lou Holtz (last night/earlier )say that he was trying to apologize for just now?
Old 10-18-2008, 12:32 PM   #68
bob
College Starter

Quote:
WTF did Lou Holtz (last night/earlier )say that he was trying to apologize for just now?

I think this: YouTube - Lou Holtz Swears on national tv
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #69
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

Granny got mad. Gonna go get the shot gun.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #70
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post

THAT warranted two apologies (one in the clip and then another one today)?
My goodness.

If so then somebody from ESPN ought to set themselves on fire to apologize for inflicting the morons doing the GT-CU game on the world.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #71
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Lou compared RichRod to Hitler apparently.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:38 PM   #72
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Dola - He was comparing leaders and how their are good and their are bad, and some how RichRod and Hitler were compared. I didn't see it, but on the rivals UM board it's been the big rage to discuss.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:41 PM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Dola - He was comparing leaders and how their are good and their are bad, and some how RichRod and Hitler were compared. I didn't see it, but on the rivals UM board it's been the big rage to discuss.

Okay, THAT makes sense in the context of what he said a little while ago.
Thanks, I was confused.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:42 PM   #74
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Another interception leads to another UGA touchdown, now leading Vandy 14-0.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:43 PM   #75
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This is it in a nutshell I guess:

Mark May said Michigan needs leadership, to which Lou responded, "well, Hitler was a leader," or something like that.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:44 PM   #76
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This is it in a nutshell I guess:

Mark May said Michigan needs leadership, to which Lou responded, "well, Hitler was a leader," or something like that.

LOL
Old 10-18-2008, 12:45 PM   #77
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Grant - I have noticed Stafford continues to rise up draft boards, but I notice the same things you do. He has an NFL arm, but his decision making can be awful. How are you stacking him up with other QB's you've seen this year?

I think like Chase Daniels best, he reminds me of a spitting image of Drew Brees. He is the one guy I like. Stafford has potential, but that decision making is crazy.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #78
MJ4H
Coordinator

Vandy pulls back within 7 of Uga just before half.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 12:48 PM   #79
DeToxRox
Head Coach

How awful is Wisconsin?

I know Michigan has been really bad, but considering the expectations in Madison, this team is a mockery.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:50 PM   #80
General Mike
Pro Starter

10-3 good guys in Piscataway.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #81
miked
College Starter

A TD??? What the heck is that?

WOOT!!
Old 10-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #82
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

GT fumble leads to a Clemson touchdown as a DB hurts a hamstring & leaves a receiver wide open to catch an underthrown pass. 14-10 Tech.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:05 PM   #83
DeToxRox
Head Coach

What a horrible call on Clemson with the running into the kicker penalty.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:11 PM   #84
GrantDawg

Quote:
Grant - I have noticed Stafford continues to rise up draft boards, but I notice the same things you do. He has an NFL arm, but his decision making can be awful. How are you stacking him up with other QB's you've seen this year?

I think like Chase Daniels best, he reminds me of a spitting image of Drew Brees. He is the one guy I like. Stafford has potential, but that decision making is crazy.

People love the Proto-type, and he is all that. He has the psychical abilities to be amazing. He has that "superman" mentality that makes him think he can make passes that he just shouldn't. Can he be coached out of it? I don't know. You'd think he would have figured it out by now. I think he'd be very smart to stay one more year, but I doubt he will if he is predicted to go first in the draft, or even in the first 3 picks.

As for Chase Daniels, people are always going to down grade him because he is height. Brees and Flutie has shown that a smaller QB can be successful, but teams still would rather see a qb at 6-4. He might end up being a steal for some team, and if he does go 2nd-3rd round, he might be better off. It'll give him a couple of years to develop before thrusting in the lime-light, and that is usually better than being thrown to the wolves early.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #85
General Mike
Pro Starter

Rutgers got jobbed out of a safety.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:14 PM   #86
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quietly (here at least) Maryland has built a 16-0 lead over Wake Forest with 9 mins left in Q3.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #87
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Stafford reminds me of Cutler. Big arm, bad decision making. With Cutler, it has worked so far, but he will lose you games still. I guess it's how many will he lose you compared to how many he might win you.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:17 PM   #88
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Clemson driving, Tech defense is out of rhythm while the CU offense is finding a rhythm.
edit: And while I'm typing, TD Clemson on a short throw & good YAC. 17-14 Clemson, 2 mins left in Q3.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-18-2008 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:19 PM   #89
General Mike
Pro Starter

Got the safety now.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:22 PM   #90
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Tech is getting no blocking on the interior at all. Looks like last week again, and what doesn't make sense to me is why this seemed to turn into a problem so suddenly.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:32 PM   #91
GrantDawg

Quote:
Stafford reminds me of Cutler. Big arm, bad decision making. With Cutler, it has worked so far, but he will lose you games still. I guess it's how many will he lose you compared to how many he might win you.

I don't think that's really a good comparison. If Cutler could have played college in a more traditional offense with better talent around him, i think he'd be a much better QB right now. His bad habits developed out of the fact he was the whole offense at Vandy. He had to force things and take more on his shoulders. I think he'll develop out of it. Stafford has just needed to be a game manager and use the talents around him, and then show off the arm power when it is open. Instead, he still forces things, tries to throw falling away, makes dumb calls.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #92
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I pay attention to GT a little because my father-in-law is a grad. How far can Johnson take this team? He was great at Navy, but this offense doesn't look like it can do much more than compete for a bowl game from year to year.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #93
GrantDawg

Take make it clearer, Cutler = habit that I think he's good enough to learn out of. Stafford = arrogance that he may have to have knocked out of him.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 10-18-2008 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:36 PM   #94
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I pay attention to GT a little because my father-in-law is a grad. How far can Johnson take this team? He was great at Navy, but this offense doesn't look like it can do much more than compete for a bowl game from year to year.

He's done this well with the talent he was handed, and the first year the players are running this offense. I think as he gets his type of players in there, it will be a tough offense to deal with.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:37 PM   #95
GrantDawg

Stafford throws another dump pick. Ugh.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:38 PM   #96
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Good protection, good movement by Nesbitt, good playcall, throw is right on the money ... and Thomas lets it go right through his fingers in the end zone.
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHH !!!

JPhillips -- When the blocking isn't there, it gets ugly pretty quickly. I don't see any problem with the offense winning the conference several times & contending consistently IF Johnson gets the right people for it. We have to remember, this is a makeshift situation, with relatively few players who are actually good fits in this system being on board at this point. It'll be year 3-4 before we really know what it's capable of for sure.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:41 PM   #97
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Thanks. Like I said I only follow them from a distance, so I have no idea what the talent situation may be.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:44 PM   #98
RedKingGold
College Starter

Penn State - Michigan is a trap game. I'd be worried if I'm a Nittany Lions fan.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #99
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Penn State - Michigan is a trap game. I'd be worried if I'm a Nittany Lions fan.

Meh. Michigan is disappointing to me this year namely because of the defense. I knew this is what our offense would be. But defensivley the tackling is atrocious. If Michigan's D plays up to its potential, I'd agree, but I don't think it happens.

I'll say PSU wins a closer game then many think, but it probably isn't ever a gmae PSU will look like they'll lose.

I'll say PSU 24 UM 10
Old 10-18-2008, 01:59 PM   #100
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Gt leads 21-17, 3 mins left, Clemson is 4th & 10 at their own 48. Timeout Clemson. Followed by timeout Georgia Tech.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 10-18-2008 at 02:01 PM.