Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-15-2005, 07:52 AM   #51
condors
College Starter

is there an updated list of who is on victory ?

Would like to get into some teams, just logged out for manintance

condors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:09 AM   #52
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I have:

Silver Streak, level 50 Electric/Electric Blaster
Sweet Bubbles, level 38 Force Field/Energy Defender
White Napalm, level 24 Fire/Fire Tank
Sweet Sugar, level 12 Peacebringer

There are also (and forgive me if I forget a few or get your AT wrong):

Albino Claw, level 47+ Claws/Regen Scrapper
Don The Baptist, level 45+ Invuln/SS Tank
ThePanther, level 13 Martial Arts/Reflexes Scrapper
Tauntological, level 10 Fire/Fire Tank
Cometflash, level 29 ???? Defender
Silent Partner ???? Controller
Pain Cry Dark melee/ Invul Scrapper
Mind Cry Dark Miasma/ Dark Defender
Professor Ion, level 15 dm/inv scrapper
Charbroiler, level 14 fire/fire tank

Last edited by Raiders Army : 04-15-2005 at 08:10 AM.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 08:51 AM   #53
gi
College Prospect

Aucoin Level: 50
Maiden Io Level: 28 ( I think)

Will be on sometime next week.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 09:02 AM   #54
condors
College Starter

Raiders Army, if you don't mind i have a level 5 elec/elec blaster (littlewatt)

you mind posting what you would recommand as a build?

any do and don't and how to avoid getting killed solo?

here is my current plan you can call me an idiot just let me know why

1-lighting bolt
1-electric fence
2-charged bolts
4-ball lighting
6-hover
8-hasten
10-aim
12-zapp
14-superspeed
16-hurdle
18-health
20-stamina
22-build up
24-stealth
26-tesla cage
28-short circuit
30-grant invisiability
32-thunderous blast
35-power sink
38-shocking grasp
41-phase shift
44-voltic sentinal
47-lighting clap
49-swift

(i didn't make this up i got it from a messageboard)

i like the stalth + superspeed combo should allow to get off a short circuit+power sink, which leaves most non boss types without endurance, right?

tesla cage+shocking grasp is supposed to be able to hold a boss

I noticed there is no conserve power in the build which i thought was like the best thing since sliced bread (acourding to what i have read) is it not an option or should i get it, or is endurance not an issue for an elec/elec blaster with power sink?
Old 04-15-2005, 10:30 AM   #55
Raiders Army
Coordinator

My condolences on your many deaths to date and many more to follow.

The build I would use is:

1-Charged Bolts-Accx2,Dmgx4
1-Electric Fence-Acc
2-Lightning Bolt-Accx2,Dmgx4
4-Ball Lightning-Accx2,Dmgx4
6-Hasten-Rechargex6
8-Aim-Rechargex6

10-Hurdle-Jumping
12-Zapp-Accx2, Dmgx4
14-Super Speed-Spd, End Reduction
16-Health-Health
18-Build Up-Rechargex6
20-Stamina-End Recx6

22-Stealth-End Red
24-Short Circuit-End Drainx6
26-Invisibility-End Red
28-Phase Shift-End Red
30-Hover-Fly Spd
32-Thunderous Blast-Accx2, Rechargex4
35-Power Sink-End Drainx6
38-Fly-Fly spd, End Reduction
41-Repulsion Field-End Reduction
44-Temp Invulnerability-Dam Resistx5, End Reduction
47-Force of Nature-Dam Resistx2, Rechargex4

49-Shocking Grasp-Accx2, Dmgx2

The powers I don't consider worth getting are Grant Invis (you need to worry about yourself), Voltaic Sentinel (it's a pet, but I respecced it out), and Lightning Clap (never used it, so take it for what it's worth). Starting at level 41, you can get the epic powersets, of which Temp Invulnerability is the best (you become much less squishy). Force of Nature is good as well, and you can actually tank. I would take Repulsion Field over the Personal Force Field because you have Phase Shift.

You want to use Thunderous Blast as much as possible on big groups so the recharges are good there. Don't worry about end, as Power Drain will come back quickly with Perma-Haste. I bolded the "essential" powers that you need to get (at least according to me). In the lower levels, I would get Stealth to work with Super Speed so you'll be invisible to most mobs. Hurdle is also a good power to get out of the Fitness powerset since you want to get Haste and Superspeed (this will allow you some vertical play in travel).

Power Sink with six-slotted End Drain SOs will drain a boss of your level. You'll need to use Short-Circuit to get bosses of higher levels. The only mobs your End Drain will not work on are Monsters and Arch Villians. Hope this helps a little. This is not by any means a "textbook" build, but it is the one that I find to be the most efficient.
Old 04-15-2005, 10:34 AM   #56
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, also remember that you have respecs at 24, 34, and 44. You might want to play with your build so that it provides the most offense and defense at level 15.

For example, you might want to take fly as your travel power at level 14 instead of super speed. Why? Well, hasten doesn't do much for you (IMHO) when you have to worry about endurance requirements. Once you get Stamina six-slotted, you don't have to worry as much about endurance. Respec out fly for Super Speed at the level 24 respec.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:06 AM   #57
gi
College Prospect

Also, have a healer with you.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:08 AM   #58
condors
College Starter

thank you very much!
Old 04-15-2005, 12:03 PM   #59
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi
Also, have a healer with you.
This actually isn't always the best thing. In all seriousness, I died far more with an empath than without. I always assumed that they would heal me, but sometimes it didn't work out that way. I think that psychologically, knowing you have a safety net, you take more risks than you would normally.
Old 04-15-2005, 12:12 PM   #60
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
This actually isn't always the best thing. In all seriousness, I died far more with an empath than without. I always assumed that they would heal me, but sometimes it didn't work out that way. I think that psychologically, knowing you have a safety net, you take more risks than you would normally.

I should have said a good healer.

Also, you used to think you were a tank upon occasion.
Old 04-15-2005, 01:08 PM   #61
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Don The Baptist, level 45+ Invuln/SS Tank
ThePanther, level 13 Martial Arts/Reflexes Scrapper

I wish the Don was level 45. He is closing in on 43, will get it the next night I decide to play him for more than an hour.

ThePanther dinged to 14 today and I picked up SuperSpeed. The world is a much happier place having a travel power.

I'll add littlewatt to my friends list. I've been able to play quite a bit lately. I'll be working this weekend, so if I'm on it is because our e-mail migration is going well.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 06:28 PM   #62
condors
College Starter

feel free to add doubleneck inv/ss tanker to your friends list, gives me something to do when the blaster is a little too squishy
Old 04-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #63
hoopsguy
General Manager

Did you guys end up finishing the clocks mission? I hated to leave in the middle of that one ... good group and very solid experience as well.

Good playing with you guys today. CoH is a lot more fun when you get a good group going and FOFC has been a huge help in making that happen since I picked this game up last year.
Old 04-16-2005, 09:50 PM   #64
Bad-example
College Starter

We finished up that mission and then hunted on the streets for a bit before someone trained some level 20's on us and getting Doubleneck killed. Still, it was good fun and good exp.

I returned later with the Professor and knocked off a couple door missions. I leveled to 16, got my travel power (teleport) and first title (The Startling Professor Ion!) and netting my first DO for finishing a vaz mission.

I remember having terrible luck with pickup groups in my first CoH go round but always enjoyed grouping within the SG.
Bad-example is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:58 PM   #65
gi
College Prospect

Back on with Aucoin and Maiden Io
Old 04-19-2005, 12:11 AM   #66
Bad-example
College Starter

Oops, I forgot...wasn't I supposed to pass on that influence to another character?
Old 04-19-2005, 07:43 AM   #67
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example
Oops, I forgot...wasn't I supposed to pass on that influence to another character?
Nah...keep it.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:08 AM   #68
gi
College Prospect

What level range of toons are you mostly playing with? low 20's?
Old 04-19-2005, 08:12 AM   #69
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'm playing White Napalm, who is getting about a level a day (2 or 3 per day on the weekends). Haven't rolled a new one yet. Want to get Bubbles and Napalm to 50 first.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #70
hoopsguy
General Manager

ThePanther hit 15 last night. The group we had last night was in the 14-17 range.

Silent Partner - 17
ThePanther - 15
Professor Ion - 17
Doubleneck - 11

Last I saw PainCry was at 11, but that was before the weekend so some leveling may have taken place there.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:18 AM   #71
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Paincry was level 14 yesterday I believe.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:22 AM   #72
gi
College Prospect

I'd like to get Maiden Io up to 50. Or if someone needs Aucoins assistance, I could do that. Do not really have much interest in another toon right now. CoV will change that.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:33 PM   #73
Whar
Mascot

Pain Cry and Mind Cry hit 16 this Sunday. My brother plays Throes (does not post here though) and is 18.

We finished the Positron Task Force this week end and would like to try the Cavern of Transcendence but we are close to out levelling it. Does anyone near that mission and can let us tag along? It needs a full team of 8 people to trigger the mission and a top level of 16 I believe.

I have the souvenir story arcs for 10 to 14 and the Spelunker(sp?) badge mission queue up and hope to complete some of that tonight.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:52 PM   #74
condors
College Starter

doubleneck and littlewatt hit 14
Old 04-20-2005, 09:37 AM   #75
hoopsguy
General Manager

Whar, didn't see you last night. I've also got the Cavern Mission in my sights; just hit 16 last night.

Also, I'm up for the Positron Task Force at some point. Was hoping to do it last Sunday with Throes, but was stuck at work for a ridiculously long time over the weekend.

Thanks to Professor Ion for the help with Atta last night. That dude hits very, very hard ...
Old 04-21-2005, 08:07 AM   #76
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm looking to do the Cavern of Transcendence mission this evening. I'm about halfway through level 16 at this point, so I want to make sure we can do it before leveling out of it. A full team is required for this one, so I'm looking for help. Not sure what time I'll be on tonight, though ... depends on work.

Whar, do you know if someone can exemp down to 16 (or lower) and still complete this one?
Old 04-21-2005, 08:11 AM   #77
gi
College Prospect

I hope so. That way I could join you.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:16 AM   #78
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Whar, do you know if someone can exemp down to 16 (or lower) and still complete this one?

Yes. The only catch is that the guy who exemps has to maintain his connection. If that guy disconnects, the exemplared hero drops from the trial.
Old 04-21-2005, 08:26 AM   #79
hoopsguy
General Manager

Work curveball .... have to work late, which means I'm out for tonight. And given that I'm out for the next couple of days as well (another weekend migration) I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on it this morning before heading in.
Old 04-21-2005, 09:00 AM   #80
condors
College Starter

Doubleneck is 16 and would be happy to help, what level is too high? don't want to level him out of it
Old 04-22-2005, 05:33 PM   #81
hoopsguy
General Manager

Levels are 12-15, which was a nasty little surprise for me. I had to exemplar down to take the mission. We weren't able to finish the mission because one of the clowns in the pickup mission dropped, thus killing the person who was exemped to them. No full party of eight = no mission.

Here is everything that I know about it at this point:
1.) Need full party of eight
2.) Levels must be between 12-15. So at least four in the party must be at the right level range to do this and exemp four others.
3.) Timed mission - think it was 90 minutes.
4.) Foes we saw were bigger groups, level 15-16 and a lot of them.
5.) Invis and teleport are really key for getting everyone to the obelisks in 2nd part of mission. Not a lot of action this way, but probably the best chance for success within timed mission.

So, I would recommend if we are thinking about doing this that we have at least two teleporters, one person who can drop invis on a teammate or the whole group, and a bunch of awakens.

I've got a few different characters that I can make available for a group to do this that are in the 12-15 range (Doc Evil, Bulletproof Ike, Ms. Revlon, can level up St. Helen) if someone else has the mission and wants to bring in some people to help out. Or if we are going to run the mission for ThePanther then I am hoping we can find other people in our group in the right level range, hopefully with as many of the above powers as possible. Let me know if/when people are interested and lets try to do this.

Finally, I think we may be running the Positron TF this upcoming Sunday afternoon.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:02 AM   #82
JeeberD
General Manager

Damn you people, I have now reactivated my account.

Y'all owe me $15/month...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 11:14 AM   #83
hoopsguy
General Manager

Heh, welcome back Jeebs.

Taskforce was bloody last night. Based on our levels it was Synapse, not Positron. We had five alts, ranging from 15-18th level. The first mission was loaded with 20th level Clockworks, with most of the packs having two bosses. Brutal. We eventually decided that there was no way we were going to finish this one in a timely fashion.

I may give the TF another try tonight if I'm up for a late-night session. ThePanther should hit 19th level soon and won't be stuck with Vaz disease, so it should be a better go for me.

Also, I'm hoping to take down Dr. Vaz on Tuesday night if people are interested in coming along for the ride. It is going to be an 18th level mission, so plan the alts accordingly if you are planning to attend.

Last edited by hoopsguy : 04-25-2005 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:07 PM   #84
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Welcome back JeeberD - isn't this come back number 2?
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 12:09 PM   #85
JeeberD
General Manager

Heh, yeah it is. I'll probably be able to play some during the daytime but I don't know how much evening game time I'll have...

Old 04-25-2005, 12:26 PM   #86
Bonegavel

Is Project Virus (ageofquarrel) still around? Haven't seen him on in forever. School? Work? Both?

Last night was BRU-Fucking-TAL. Taunt was 15 when he started, dinged in the middle of the mission and then I almost solo'd him to 17 before I hit the hay.

Watching 'Our Lady de Blanco Napalm' going to town in Bricks was sweet as hay'll.

If you don't have one, I suggest you roll yourself a fire/fire tank and use it as a release valve. I am so close the Burn (18) i can feel it and that is when the party really gets started.

w00t!

Made a spines/invuln scrapper and got him to level 8 all ready. Wow! Another awesome build. AoE is King.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #87
Raiders Army
Coordinator

AoE is king. yep. yep. yep.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:32 PM   #88
Bad-example
College Starter

Stop making fire/fire tanker sound like so much fun!

Heh...I guess I will have to start spending some time on Charbroiler. He is one of the first characters I made and his early build is kinda screwed up, but I don't think he has any fatal flaws besides his crappy name.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:42 PM   #89
Bonegavel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad-example
Stop making fire/fire tanker sound like so much fun!

Heh...I guess I will have to start spending some time on Charbroiler. He is one of the first characters I made and his early build is kinda screwed up, but I don't think he has any fatal flaws besides his crappy name.

You saw first hand what Blanco Napalm was capable of... Lordie lordie look who will be 40 (in a week!).

To think, you had one of the premier builds in your grasp early on... and you let it slip through your fingers. Muwahahahahahahaa.
Old 04-25-2005, 12:48 PM   #90
Raiders Army
Coordinator

No kidding. I got two bubs in 30 minutes soloing in Crey's during lunch. I haven't been doing it as much during the evening since I don't remember the last 15 levels.
Old 04-25-2005, 01:14 PM   #91
gi
College Prospect

Damn...less GF for me and more COH.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:40 PM   #92
JeeberD
General Manager

Y'all still play on Tuesday nights, right? If so, which Victory character should I show up as?

GI Jeeber - Lvl 9 Magic Blaster
Homer J - Lvl 13 Mutation Blaster
Jeebs - Lvl 6 Mutation Tanker
King Jeremy - Lvl 6 Natural Tanker - My new guy who I created yesterday that I'm having a blast with

Also, y'all start fairly early, right? Like 6pm central or something?

Old 04-26-2005, 01:43 PM   #93
gi
College Prospect

Going to the Pistons Game tonight, I will not be on.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #94
hoopsguy
General Manager

We haven't had the organized date/time set up for a few months now. I would recommend putting the names of heroes on your friend list for the alts that are not in the super group. Then just catch up with whoever is on at the time.

I'm probably going to be going after Dr. Vahz tonight with ThePanther, who is a Level 19 Martial Arts/Reflexes Scrapper. If Bonegavel is on tonight he could probably bring Ramble along and sidekick you up to around Level 20/21 so your guy would be more competitive on this arch-villain mission.

Hoping to get on sometime around 6-7 PM CST tonight.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:51 PM   #95
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
We haven't had the organized date/time set up for a few months now. I would recommend putting the names of heroes on your friend list for the alts that are not in the super group. Then just catch up with whoever is on at the time.

I'm probably going to be going after Dr. Vahz tonight with ThePanther, who is a Level 19 Martial Arts/Reflexes Scrapper. If Bonegavel is on tonight he could probably bring Ramble along and sidekick you up to around Level 20/21 so your guy would be more competitive on this arch-villain mission.

Hoping to get on sometime around 6-7 PM CST tonight.

How do you like the martial arts? I created a similar character, though now deleted.
Old 04-26-2005, 05:47 PM   #96
JeeberD
General Manager

Hey RA, I'll probably be on tonight around 7 central with my new guy, King Jeremy. Please put me on your friends list if you see this in time...

Old 04-26-2005, 05:49 PM   #97
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Hey RA, I'll probably be on tonight around 7 central with my new guy, King Jeremy. Please put me on your friends list if you see this in time...
Will do. I'll make sure I'm on then.
Old 04-26-2005, 06:18 PM   #98
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Was MxO just not that good?

I may get back into this game...because I will state for the record that every girl I've dated is certifiable, every stinking one...
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 07:59 PM   #99
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Was MxO just not that good?

I may get back into this game...because I will state for the record that every girl I've dated is certifiable, every stinking one...
Certifiable, like in the Whore College thread? MxO sucked ass. The best thing about it was the anticipation while you waited half an hour for the install. After that, it was all downhill.
Old 04-27-2005, 08:06 AM   #100
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm enjoying the MA/Reflexes alt, but then again I enjoyed the heck out of an invulnerable tanker, which isn't one of the premium builds. So I wouldn't take my endorsement of a build as anything resembling an uber-build. But it has been a fun powerset to play with.

Hit 20 last night, set to do the cape mission next time I'm on. Then figure out whether I want to spend money on a costume or not. I'm trying to play this one clean in terms of not spending influence I haven't earned, so my 25k isn't going to do me much in terms of a costume change right now. But it could help me with purchasing a couple of 20 DOs and getting rid of some of the training ones still floating around ... maybe 40-50 percent of my slots. At this level I'm starting to get a few DO drops, so buying them isn't mandatory anymore, but still the best use of influence I had prior to the costume option.

Oh, we dumped Dr. Vahz last night with the quickness. It was a pretty short mission. We dropped the hammer on him at Level 18 and about 5000 hp with Professor Ion (21), my guy (20), an exemp'd Beej and an exemp'd Sweet Bubbles. Bonegavel and Jeebs came online shortly thereafter, but too late to partake in the savage dismissal of the good doctor.

Come on back, Qwik. And is Blackie coming to join our little group anytime soon?