Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2006, 01:48 PM   #51
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sovereignstar
If that's an option I'm not seeing it.

I don't know how to do that, either -- they get deleted at some point, anyway.

Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #52
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia
I don't know how to do that, either -- they get deleted at some point, anyway.

ok then, i guess i am not a total idiot after all, thanks guys
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:01 PM   #53
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, in 06 your inbox only holds the last 150 messages. So you can't delete them. The only way they get deleted is if you close and restart the game.

In past versions, your inbox would hold all the messages while you were playing until you restarted the game. There were a lot of times I would have to save and restart the game just so my inbox would lose all those messages and my game would process faster.

The inbox holding only 150 now was probably a result of those past problems.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:26 PM   #54
Karim
College Starter

Here's a question...

I have only 6 games left and am tied for 1st in the Premiership with ManU (I lead the goal differential). I'm coming off a Champions League quarterfinal loss to AC Milan where my starting goalkeeper got a 5 rating. He let in 4 goals - 2 may have been his fault but we left him out to dry as we need to deviate from our usual style in order to play catch up.

Anyway, as a result he has a 'very poor' morale. My next game is at home to Crystal Palace who is 12th, 4 points away from the danger zone. My 2nd string goalie, who has been unhappy all year because of playing time, has 'okay' morale but hasn't played in a month and a half and is severly lacking in match fitness.

Every remaining game is crucial. Who do you start? The guy who is match fit but very poor moral or the guy with okay morale but severly lacking in match fitness.

My second string goalie has played 10 games with a 6.90 AvR. My starter has played 33 games with a 7.12 AvR.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:31 PM   #55
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Here's a question...

I have only 6 games left and am tied for 1st in the Premiership with ManU (I lead the goal differential). I'm coming off a Champions League quarterfinal loss to AC Milan where my starting goalkeeper got a 5 rating. He let in 4 goals - 2 may have been his fault but we left him out to dry as we need to deviate from our usual style in order to play catch up.

Anyway, as a result he has a 'very poor' morale. My next game is at home to Crystal Palace who is 12th, 4 points away from the danger zone. My 2nd string goalie, who has been unhappy all year because of playing time, has 'okay' morale but hasn't played in a month and a half and is severly lacking in match fitness.

Every remaining game is crucial. Who do you start? The guy who is match fit but very poor moral or the guy with okay morale but severly lacking in match fitness.

My second string goalie has played 10 games with a 6.90 AvR. My starter has played 33 games with a 7.12 AvR.

As long as your starter has very poor morale I'd stick with the alternative. A little break should get the morale up some, while another bad game would not.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 06-14-2006 at 02:32 PM.
sovereignstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:36 PM   #56
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

If you have a home game against Crystal Palace I would actually stick with your starter unless your back-up is a stud too. I'm just going off the fact that a) it's a home game and b) you're playing Palace.

I don't think the drop-off is going to be that great if he is very poor. Plus, if you win, he should at least rise to a Good or Very Good morale.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:37 PM   #57
MrBug708
Head Coach

Depends on how good your backup is?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #58
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Also, there's only one way to get your backup fit again.
Old 06-14-2006, 02:39 PM   #59
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Depends on how good your backup is?

The little difference between the game ratings isn't enough for you?
Old 06-14-2006, 02:43 PM   #60
MrBug708
Head Coach

Well, if the backup keeper is about as decent as Hartman is playing right now, Im assuming the first string keeper's poor morale is much better then that
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 02:53 PM   #61
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Is there a reserve game between now and your game vs Crystal Palace? You could always stick him in that game and if he wins, his morale would receive a bit of a boost.

Reserve games are also a way to keep all of your 2nd teamers match ready. Anytime I have a streak where I have to play my 1st team guys in a bunch of games in a row, I make sure I get my 2nd string guys plenty of reserve team action.
Old 06-14-2006, 03:07 PM   #62
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
If that's an option I'm not seeing it.
The game automatically flushes all bar the last 50 items when you save and reload, but it doesn't really matter how far they build up during play generally as the memory used is fairly small.

Any specific reason why you want to delete them? (once they're read they're out of scope and you aren't forced to look at them).
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 03:14 PM   #63
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

He's probably one of those guys that deletes messages from his gmail account as well.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:28 PM   #64
Karim
College Starter

Thanks for the responses. I'm going to go with my starter. My backup is good but he has 13 anticipation vs. 16, and 15 handling vs. 20. Other attributes are fairly even. He was good in the Championship but hasn't really cracked my lineup at the Premiership level.
Old 06-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #65
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to go with my starter. My backup is good but he has 13 anticipation vs. 16, and 15 handling vs. 20. Other attributes are fairly even. He was good in the Championship but hasn't really cracked my lineup at the Premiership level.

Let us know how much you lose by.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #66
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Let us know how much you lose by.

My England squad striker scores on a penalty in the 3rd minute. Then for whatever reason, we sat back, Crystal Palace took the game to us, our starting goaltender made some great saves and we hang on to a 1-0 victory that we had no business winning. Meanwhile, ManU also secures 3 points.

Next game is away at Newcastle, a team we've always had problems with. We score in the 1st minute only to see Newcastle score 3 unanswered goals by the 48th minute. Then our England striker gets injured (out for the season with a fractured cheekbone). I throw in a 20 year old prospect. Within six minutes, he scores two penalties to tie the game. In the 73rd minute, he sets up a reserve player for the go ahead goal. We hang on to win 4-3. ManU draws with relegation candidates Sheffield United putting us up two points with four matches to go.

Goddamn this game is good!

Last edited by Karim : 06-14-2006 at 06:02 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:10 PM   #67
Havok
College Starter

can you buy/download this game online or not? Its amazing how the Sigames website and the Football manager website mention NOTHING about where/how to buy the game online.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:13 PM   #68
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok
can you buy/download this game online or not? Its amazing how the Sigames website and the Football manager website mention NOTHING about where/how to buy the game online.

yeah. it's on the sega website. i think the latest time it was linked is two or three pages back in the FM06 thread

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 06-14-2006 at 09:13 PM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:14 PM   #69
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:

The SI website is really bad and hopefully they know that by now. Go to sega.com and you should see an ad for a "try and buy". I was looking for a hardcopy of WWSM for another guy and couldn't find any online stores that still carry the game. Your other option would be to buy an imported version of FM or just order it from overseas.

Last edited by sovereignstar : 06-14-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 06-14-2006, 09:31 PM   #70
Havok
College Starter

thanks guys
Old 06-14-2006, 09:57 PM   #71
vex
Grizzled Veteran

What good does it do for players to be on national squads?
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:23 PM   #72
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex
My guess would be that it gives them a chance to get experience against (theoretically) world-class competition.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:53 PM   #73
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex
It means that they're good.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:00 PM   #74
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Dola - And like Pumpy said, they gain valuble experience, their value can go up as they will get more exposure and it just kinda assures you that they player is pretty good. Well depending on what country they play for.

In my game with Everton right now, I'm in year 7 and I have two players that came from my youth academy that are finally getting playing time on the England National team, so I think that's pretty cool. One is the starting right winger who basically is Beckham's replacement now that he's retired and the other is the #2 keeper behind Paul Robinson.
Old 06-14-2006, 11:01 PM   #75
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
My guess would be that it gives them a chance to get experience against (theoretically) world-class competition.

Which does what good for them?, is my question I guess.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 11:03 PM   #76
sovereignstar
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vex
Which does what good for them?, is my question I guess.

Better development of their skills.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #77
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Woo hoo! I finally got my first win in a non-friendly game last night! 4-0 over Leigh RML! Go Lancaster!
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 02:13 PM   #78
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer
Woo hoo! I finally got my first win in a non-friendly game last night! 4-0 over Leigh RML! Go Lancaster!

I guess when you beat a side 4-0, you can feel free to spell their name wrong. Congrats!
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 04:51 PM   #79
Karim
College Starter

I (Plymouth) have three games to go, the FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest, a home date against Hull and finishing away at Nottingham Forest. We're up 5 points on ManU.

We lose 2-1 in the semi-final and lose our 2nd best striker, a reserve England international. We're already without our best striker. That leaves two older guys I've lost confidence in and the 20 year old youngster I brought in from the Conference who played well against Newcastle, gaining MoM.

We lose 2-1 at home to Hull, with the youngster scoring the only goal and flying all over the pitch. ManU, with a game in hand, wins one to bring the deficit to 2 points. Newcastle then saves my ass by drawing with them. Heading into the last game of the year, we're up 1 point on ManU.

Nottingham goes up 1-0. Our youngster, Palmer, sets up a reserve player to tie it up. Nottingham goes up 2-1 before Palmer ties it up before the half. Taking a look at the Out-Of-Town Scoreboard, ManU is leading 2-1. We need to win this.

I have my England international striker (Scott) on the bench who just came back from his fractured cheekbone. He's only at 83%, tired and hasn't seen action in ages. At the 63 minute mark, I see ManU is up 4-3 but is playing with 10 men. I decide to sub him in as he's anchored our team all year; I'm going to go down with my best available.

In the 69th minute, Palmer crosses and Scott finishes to put us up 3-2. We hang on for the Premiership title! Palmer, 20 years old, gets a goal, two assists and MoM in the most important game of the year.

After four iterations of SI's CM/FM, this is the first time I've ever won the Premiership.

I need a cigarette...
Old 06-15-2006, 09:06 PM   #80
Havok
College Starter

why can't i figure out how to make a sub during a game? I've seriously went through every dam option avaliable on the match screen.
Old 06-15-2006, 09:17 PM   #81
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
why can't i figure out how to make a sub during a game? I've seriously went through every dam option avaliable on the match screen.

[Your Team Name] Tactics --> Detailed Tactics, then pick the number of the player you want to sub in and drag-n-drop it over the number of the player you want to sub out.

It takes a little while for the Detailed Tactics screen to come up (this is to simulate the time it takes to get a sub up and a stoppage of play), then away you go.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2006, 10:09 PM   #82
Havok
College Starter

ok got it, thanks
Old 06-15-2006, 11:01 PM   #83
SunDevil
College Prospect

I do not know if this has been posted before, but here are some quality links I found that might help:

"Slider Apathy": One size fits all....?
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/9882063791

How to set up a basic 4-4-2: For those struggling.
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/8692027471

TT&F Default Tactics: A Rule Document for Tactic
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/5802097871

Tactical Theorems and Frameworks
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/7512000571

Can The Forum Collectively Create Strong Tactic
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...5782076981/p/1

Counteracting AI Tactics
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/1262011981

TT&F II: The Rebirth of Tactical Theory
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/8132082102

Motivational Theory and Team Talks
http://community.sigames.com/eve/for...7/m/3432081271

I have found at least 15 more links I can post. I will just start with these. I hope it helps.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 07:04 AM   #84
Karim
College Starter

Probably the biggest thing I've learned is that you don't need a separate formation for home vs. away, just some modifications to your playing style.
Old 06-16-2006, 09:45 AM   #85
wbatl1
High School Varsity

OK, due to my continued crashing of FM2005 detailed here:http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=50493, and the buy one SI Game, get one Free offer from SEGA, I have decided to but the 2006 version.

My newbie question: If I buy WWSM2006, do all of the un-official data updates from places like the dugout still work? Also, does WWSM2006 have the same patches that FM2006 does?

Thanks for any answers!
Old 06-16-2006, 09:53 AM   #86
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

I posted this in another thread and never received a response, so I'll repost it here.

Is there anyway to re-download/license the game if my computer crashed? My HD died and I got it replaced but I would like to play the game. But, when I go to my order page, there's no option to re-download the game.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #87
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbatl1
OK, due to my continued crashing of FM2005 detailed here:http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=50493, and the buy one SI Game, get one Free offer from SEGA, I have decided to but the 2006 version.

My newbie question: If I buy WWSM2006, do all of the un-official data updates from places like the dugout still work? Also, does WWSM2006 have the same patches that FM2006 does?

Thanks for any answers!

WWSM has different patches, but I think all un-official data updates work fine.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:06 AM   #88
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcjjdnh
I posted this in another thread and never received a response, so I'll repost it here.

Is there anyway to re-download/license the game if my computer crashed? My HD died and I got it replaced but I would like to play the game. But, when I go to my order page, there's no option to re-download the game.

Tried downloading the try and buy from the Sega website?
Old 06-16-2006, 02:52 PM   #89
lcjjdnh
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Tried downloading the try and buy from the Sega website?

That did the trick. Didn't think to look for it there.

Thanks.
lcjjdnh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 02:57 PM   #90
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Glad to be of help

More folks inducted into the Cult of FM
Old 06-16-2006, 08:20 PM   #91
scooter
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbatl1

Be forewarned. In the past that "Buy one game, get another one free" was not any free game - I think you got VirtuaFighter free. I know others thought they could pick up FM and get EHM free, but I don't think that's the case. Tread carefully.
scooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:47 PM   #92
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter
Be forewarned. In the past that "Buy one game, get another one free" was not any free game - I think you got VirtuaFighter free. I know others thought they could pick up FM and get EHM free, but I don't think that's the case. Tread carefully.
thats exactly what i thought the deal was gonna be when i saw the add on the webpage, and virtua fighter is what i was given...i even tried emptying the cart and reselecting FM, but you always apparently get free virtua fighter......i didnt even download it.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:13 PM   #93
wbatl1
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
thats exactly what i thought the deal was gonna be when i saw the add on the webpage, and virtua fighter is what i was given...i even tried emptying the cart and reselecting FM, but you always apparently get free virtua fighter......i didnt even download it.

ditto, oh well...