Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-15-2009, 02:51 PM   #51
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Little update...we went out last week....things went well, and will be going out again soon.

nice!

DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:56 PM   #52
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Funny this got bumped. I find myself in a slightly similar position now. But with a passive aggressive friend who will say it's fine but will stew over it.

Simplifies it a bit much(friend is very recently married, you'd think that'd end the debate), but thats the scenario.

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-15-2009 at 02:56 PM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:03 PM   #53
Logan
Head Coach

I hate people like that...you need to be sure to tell him about all the crazy shit she is now doing that she never did for him.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #54
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I hate people like that...you need to be sure to tell him about all the crazy shit she is now doing that she never did for him.

Even if you have to make it up.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #55
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
friend is very recently married, you'd think that'd end the debate

From the "wondering if its ok for you to date her" perspective, it does. Definitively.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:14 PM   #56
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Little update...we went out last week....things went well, and will be going out again soon.

Just don't play Rise of Nations with her until you have dated for several months.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #57
Sgran
High School Varsity

Wasn't there another thread exactly like this a few months ago? We are building up a good amount of data here for posterity.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:22 PM   #58
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
From the "wondering if its ok for you to date her" perspective, it does. Definitively.
I'm not to worried about the morality of it, I'm generally spot on with that type of decision.

It's the drama. I'm pretty sure he thinks I was into a couple women of his I wasn't and acted passivley bitchy about it. I'm trying to picture what the reaction is when it's for real.

When they were going out he was frustrated he couldn't connect on an emotional level with her and eventually she broke it off. But they remained on good terms. I had only gotten descriptions through him and seen a pic.

Met her for the first time last Saturday, obvious mutual interest. But I let her go to think it over some.

I think I'm going to wait and see if she tries to get in touch with me through him. Otherwise I'll shoot an email(we've been cc'd together in the past, so I have it).

Anyways, more fun stuff. I'm rarely interested in people and I don't see him a whole hell of a lot anymore.

Old 06-15-2009, 06:58 PM   #59
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Just don't play Rise of Nations with her until you have dated for several months.

You have such anger still inside you...but I guess if my team lost 13-9 to their rival...at home...against a team coached by a Wanstache...which cost us a chance at the BCS title..I'd hold in a lot of anger too.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM   #60
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
It's the drama. I'm pretty sure he thinks I was into a couple women of his I wasn't and acted passivley bitchy about it. I'm trying to picture what the reaction is when it's for real...

...I'm rarely interested in people and I don't see him a whole hell of a lot anymore.
If you have a connection with this girl and think there's potential there, who gives two shits if your friend acts bitchy about it? He's married - he's lost any and all right to worry about who this girl dates. If he's a good friend to you - and I don't mean "good" as in "he's currently one of your close friends", but rather "good" as in "a friend worth having" - he'll get over any drama he might feel about you dating her.

Don't wait for her to contact you unless you are totally OK with the possibility she doesn't - who knows if she'll meet someone else in the mean time and your opportunity goes "poof".
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:10 PM   #61
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
You have such anger still inside you...but I guess if my team lost 13-9 to their rival...at home...against a team coached by a Wanstache...which cost us a chance at the BCS title..I'd hold in a lot of anger too.

At least we're not afraid to play them!
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 08:26 PM   #62
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
If you have a connection with this girl and think there's potential there, who gives two shits if your friend acts bitchy about it? He's married - he's lost any and all right to worry about who this girl dates. If he's a good friend to you - and I don't mean "good" as in "he's currently one of your close friends", but rather "good" as in "a friend worth having" - he'll get over any drama he might feel about you dating her.

Don't wait for her to contact you unless you are totally OK with the possibility she doesn't - who knows if she'll meet someone else in the mean time and your opportunity goes "poof".

Pretty much the exact conclusion I had come to. Wasn't really going to post this situation of mine (and be that guy), but as this was unraveling this thread came to mind. Then it got bumped, so WTF?

I'll shoot her an email tomorrow. See if my bud has already scared her away from me .

Last edited by jeff061 : 06-15-2009 at 08:26 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 05:59 AM   #63
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
At least we're not afraid to play them!

You have no choice...you're in the same conference. Plus we cant get into Pittsburgh since Wanny built that wall around it.

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 06-16-2009 at 07:47 AM.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:30 AM   #64
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Where are the pix!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #65
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

If it becomes serious I'll post a few...until then I will withhold.