Maybe because Kevin Brown is ripped?

korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:25 PM   #52
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281 View Post
Maybe because Kevin Brown is ripped?

And I guess because he goes from being decent to being a sub 2.00 ERA guy in 1996 when he joins the Marlins featuring Gary Sheffield in the year baseball blew up.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:19 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Burrell, Abreu, Lieberthal, Randy Wolf, David Bell, Jose Fucking Mesa, Lidle(rip)

Bell? Stupid MoFo must have been doing the wrong stuff...
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #54
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

How far back are we going?

Dykstra, Hollins, Daulton...
Old 12-09-2007, 11:20 PM   #55
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah.....

Lance Parrish
Old 12-10-2007, 09:21 AM   #56
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

You could pretty much look at the entire Rangers roster during the Jose Canseco era and be pretty much right on the money. Other rangers of note... Raffy, Ivan Rodriguez, Juan Gonzales, Gabe Kapler, Big Cat, Ken Caminiti, Lance Nix, Gary Mathews Jr., John Wetteland, Jeff Zimmerman, Roberto Kelly, Hank Blalock, Kevin Elster, Dean Palmer, Lee Stevens

All speculation on my part of course.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 09:29 AM   #57
Butter
Coordinator

Reds: I know this is probably before the report's time, but Rob Dibble juiced like a motherfucker.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:05 AM   #58
MikeVic
Head Coach

Otis Nixon?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:12 AM   #59
Klinglerware
College Starter

I predict that only a minority of the players named in the Mitchell report will be power hitters. I think it will skew towards power pitchers and position players who rely on speed over power.
Klinglerware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:25 AM   #60
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinglerware View Post
I predict that only a minority of the players named in the Mitchell report will be power hitters. I think it will skew towards power pitchers and position players who rely on speed over power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Otis Nixon?

Like I said.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 PM   #61
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Mario Mendoza. Everyone knows the TRUE Mendoza line is .100, not .200.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:59 PM   #62
mmartin68
n00b

Dave Kingman
mmartin68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:24 AM   #63
Atocep
Coordinator

The Mitchell report apparently going to be released at 2pm tomorrow according to ESPN.com. I've read that its going to be very critical of Selig and the front offices of teams and since Selig will not be at Mitchell's press conference to announce the findings it seems like there's some truth to that.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #64
Desmond
Banned

Phil Andrews
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 08:52 AM   #65
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Clemens

Sounds like his name is there.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #66
miami_fan
Coordinator

Link

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3153129

Quote:
A former New York Yankee strength trainer says information he supplied to the George Mitchell investigation regarding supplying Roger Clemens with steroids is included in the Mitchell report scheduled to be released later today, a source close to the trainer told ESPN The Magazine's Shaun Assael.

Brian McNamee, who worked for the Yankees and as a personal trainer for Clemens and Yankee teammates Andy Pettitte, also told investigators that on at least one occasion, Clemens was in possession of steroids from another supplier, the source said.

The source said McNamee told investigators her supplied Clemens with steroids while Clemens was witih the Yankees, and prior to Clemens joining the team.

Also, The Bergen (N.J.) Record, citing a baseball industry official, says "several" prominent Yankees will be named. The paper said the source spoke to a third party who had seen the final report.

"It's going to be a rough day in the Bronx," the paper quoted the source as saying.

"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 AM   #67
CraigSca
Pro Starter

doh!
how do you know?

Old 12-13-2007, 09:19 AM   #68
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
I am going to go out on a limb and say none of the current Marlins will be on the list.

LOL

That is probably because the entire current Marlins roster was still in diapers when the steroid issue first came into the public eye. Perhaps that is why they traded Cabrera, mmmmmm?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:20 AM   #69
Schmidty
Coordinator

Sheffield, Pudge, and for some reason I think Kenny Rogers might have.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:22 AM   #70
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
The Mitchell report apparently going to be released at 2pm tomorrow according to ESPN.com. I've read that its going to be very critical of Selig and the front offices of teams and since Selig will not be at Mitchell's press conference to announce the findings it seems like there's some truth to that.

Yeah, I am sure that Selig will agree with everything in the report except for the part where they say he and the owners are partly to blame...
Old 12-13-2007, 09:24 AM   #71
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Thumbs down

Quote:
Yeah, I am sure that Selig will agree with everything in the report except for the part where they say he and the owners are partly to blame...

That is true. Selig is a douchebag.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 AM   #72
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Let's see.....

Bonds (obviously)
McGuire (obviously)
Juan Gonzalez
Kenny Rogers
Eric Gagne
Roger Clemens
Andy Pettite (good friends with Clemens, do the math)
Jeff Bagwell
Ivan Rodriguez
Shawn Green

Many others I won't name. Either way, MLB is a joke. Bud Selig is a moron.

C'MON BASEBALL, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!!!

Quote:
Old 12-13-2007, 09:52 AM   #73
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Clemens apparently IS mentioned in the report, from multiple sources, no less.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #74
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Clemens AND Pettitte!
how do you know?

Old 12-13-2007, 10:24 AM   #75
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Haven't seen anything on pettite yet.. but one of the people implicating Clemens was also Pettite's personal trainer..
Old 12-13-2007, 10:28 AM   #76
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Clemens AND Pettitte!

I have felt that Clemens was using the juice since his last season or two with the Red Sox. No way does this guy still over power people the way he was without taking SOMETHING. Does not surprise me much. Too bad about Pettite though. Of course, being a Yankee fan I detested Petitte after he left for Houston anyway.

Quote:

Last edited by RomaGoth : 12-13-2007 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:30 AM   #77
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
The Mitchell Report is about as fraudulent as Bud Selig.

How so? Full disclosure: I interned for Mitchell when he was Senate Majority Leader, so I may have a biased opinion. However, in my opinion, for George Mitchell, see Patrick Fitzgerald, although it's more likely the other way around.

I have tremendous respect for Mitchell. I have seen first hand exactly how hard of a worker he is, and he is also very diligent and thoughtful. If Selig wanted a whitewash, he definitely picked the wrong guy.

Quote:

I would expect nothing less. Look back on his time in the Senate, and you'll see a guy who was universally respected by his colleagues. Plus, let's not forget that he's the one who finally brokered a real peace agreement in Northern Ireland. I know a lot of people are going to try and discredit the report, but they'll be trying to discredit the wrong person.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:31 AM   #78
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
How so? Full disclosure: I interned for Mitchell when he was Senate Majority Leader, so I may have a biased opinion. However, in my opinion, for George Mitchell, see Patrick Fitzgerald, although it's more likely the other way around.

I have tremendous respect for Mitchell. I have seen first hand exactly how hard of a worker he is, and he is also very diligent and thoughtful. If Selig wanted a whitewash, he definitely picked the wrong guy.

I would expect nothing less. Look back on his time in the Senate, and you'll see a guy who was universally respected by his colleagues. Plus, let's not forget that he's the one who finally brokered a real peace agreement in Northern Ireland. I know a lot of people are going to try and discredit the report, but they'll be trying to discredit the wrong person.

Good info.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #79
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:

Not saying anything about him personally or about what he's done (I plead ignorance), but isn't it true that his "investigation" really was more about getting reports from people on what they had seen/heard? There were some stories about trainers/clubhouse guys who felt that they were being bullied to name names, so I'm questioning where there is any EVIDENCE of wrongdoing. Of course, I could be proven wrong when the report comes out. I just don't really understand how an investigative team with absolutely no subpoena power and no real legal ground to stand on can come up with solid evidence.

Not saying solid evidence is needed for people to believe what they want to believe...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:37 AM   #80
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

The assumption from a lot of those that have been bashing the investigation since they announced it is that Mitchell is a lap dog for Selig and the sole pupose of this is to throw out a bit of info on steroid use in baseball in a one-sided manner to appease fans and congress.

I think anyone that actually has knows anything about Mitchell knows that couldn't be further from the truth. I had no doubt he would put out the best and fairest report he possibly could. Selig would have been an idiot to get someone that would do anything less since this report is going to be heavily scrutinized by fans, and most importantly congress.

What I've found ammusing is Mitchell refused to give the MLBPA an advanced copy of the report since they refused to cooperate in the investigation. The guy earned bonus points with me there.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:39 AM   #81
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I've seen an apparent list on a couple websites, (won't post it all), but yes, the Yanks and Sox do get several names of past and former players on the list. (Including Jason Varitek, which I really feel disappointed about).
Old 12-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #82
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I've seen an apparent list on a couple websites, (won't post it all), but yes, the Yanks and Sox do get several names of past and former players on the list. (Including Jason Varitek, which I really feel disappointed about).

Another assumption in the report was that since he works for the Red Sox he'd hold back names from that organization....
Old 12-13-2007, 10:46 AM   #83
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's the list that I've seen: Take with a grain of salt, as I said, it's all from "sources" from different boards:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenny Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Pior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts,Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:47 AM   #84
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:

Varitek? ESPN has said that there are no names from the Red Sox and Mets. Hmmmmm..........

Quote:
Old 12-13-2007, 10:53 AM   #85
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Rich Garces

El Guapo deserves some sort of special achievement award for getting fat on steroids.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #86
Klinglerware
College Starter

Quote:

Agreed. Mitchell is an honest broker.

If they continue to distance themselves from the report, Selig and the owners will lose a lot of respect. Their reaction will be very telling.
Old 12-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #87
Easy Mac

Quote:
El Guapo deserves some sort of special achievement award for getting fat on steroids.

See also Andruw Jones

As long as there's no Smoltz or Chipper, I'll be happy
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #88
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Here's the list that I've seen: Take with a grain of salt, as I said, it's all from "sources" from different boards:

Brady Anderson, Manny Alexander, Rick Ankiel, Jeff Bagwell, Barry Bonds, Aaron Boone, Rafaeil Bettancourt, Bret Boone, Milton Bradley, David Bell, Dante Bichette, Albert Belle, Paul Byrd, Wil Cordero, Ken Caminiti, Mike Cameron, Ramon Castro, Jose and Ozzie Canseco, Roger Clemens, Paxton Crawford, Wilson Delgado, Lenny Dykstra, Johnny Damon, Carl Everett, Kyle Farnsoworth, Ryan Franklin, Troy Glaus, Rich Garces, Jason Grimsley, Troy Glaus, Juan Gonzalez, Eric Gagne, Nomar Garciaparra, Jason Giambi, Jeremy Giambi, Jose Guillen, Jay Gibbons, Juan Gonzalez, Clay Hensley, Jerry Hairston, Felix Heredia, Jr., Darren Holmes, Wally Joyner, Darryl Kile, Matt Lawton, Raul Mondesi, Mark McGwire, Guillermo Mota, Robert Machado, Damian Moss, Abraham Nunez, Trot Nixon, Jose Offerman, Andy Pettitte, Mark Pior, Neifi Perez, Rafael Palmiero, Albert Pujols, Brian Roberts,Juan Rincon, John Rocker, Pudge Rodriguez, Sammy Sosa, Scott Schoenweiis, David Segui, Alex Sanchez, Gary Sheffield, Miguel Tejada, Julian Tavarez, Fernando Tatis, Maurice Vaughn, Jason Varitek, Ismael Valdez, Matt Williams and Kerry Wood.

Some of these names are mildly surprising to me, but I guess if I really think about it they make sense. Garciaparra probably with all his injuries. Johnny Damon is a HUGE disappointment to me if it is true. Probably the biggest disappointment on here though is Pujols. It seems to me that he is too young and talented to need performance enhancers. Maybe he took stuff to get through an injury. I dunno, but it goes to show that we can't trust any of these guys anymore. In addition, how do we really know what to believe anymore anyway? All I know is that Selig really screwed up this great game for many generations, past, present, and future.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #89
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
Varitek? ESPN has said that there are no names from the Red Sox and Mets. Hmmmmm..........

There was no chance Schoenweis wasn't on the list since he's already been busted. Fernando Tatis will be named apparently and he's in AAA for us.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:55 AM   #90
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post

Perhaps it was from when Varitek was on the Mariners?

That said, it'd be very disappointing for me as well if Tek was on the list.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 10:58 AM   #91
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Agreed. Mitchell is an honest broker.

If they continue to distance themselves from the report, Selig and the owners will lose a lot of respect. Their reaction will be very telling.

Many of the owners have not reacted at all to any of this, so I seriously doubt they will say anything after the report comes out either. Selig is in a position where he is forced to react to it due to the nature of his job. Regardless of how he reacts to this, his legacy is etched in stone as an incompetent moron.

Quote:
Old 12-13-2007, 10:59 AM   #92
miami_fan
Coordinator

Here is hoping for more creativity when the players deny or give excuses for their PED use. The major ones (Did not know what I was taking, injuries, etc.) are played out.
Old 12-13-2007, 11:05 AM   #93
watravaler
High School JV

God bless Frank Thomas and Ken Griffey Jr...the true baseball heroes of the 1990's...

Don't forget, Mitchell probably only had a few sources that squeeled, many players will be thanking their lucky stars tommorow...

Last edited by watravaler : 12-13-2007 at 11:08 AM.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:07 AM   #94
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Deadspin posted the list with a story, and then later updated the list with the following.

(UPDATE: A source inside baseball says this list is "not entirely accurate." Emphasis ours.)
Old 12-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #95
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

When I saw Tejada had been traded I figured it was cause he was going to show up on the report.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:10 AM   #96
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Don't see any current Royals, but I'm not sure that's all that surprising. We're obviously not cheating well enough because we're not winning enough.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #97
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

The Braves look to be pretty clean. Time for MLB to do the right thing and retroactively award us the last 3-5 World Series titles.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:13 AM   #98
zums
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
When I saw Tejada had been traded I figured it was cause he was going to show up on the report.

I thought pretty much the same thing when I saw Mark Prior's name on that list, since the Cubs decided last night not to offer him a contract for next year....

Also, disappointed and actually pretty surprised to see Kerry Wood's name show up (although it makes sense w/ all the injuries I guess..)
zums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:14 AM   #99
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
The Braves look to be pretty clean. Time for MLB to do the right thing and retroactively award us the last 3-5 World Series titles.

I bet Rocker did enough roids to cover the rest of the roster.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 11:17 AM   #100
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
I bet Rocker did enough roids to cover the rest of the roster.

At least now I know that if I want to hate blacks and gays, I just need to do lots of roids.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote