Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #51
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Well, to each his own, I suppose. In past versions, I could never get past the guy who averages 11 Ks per 9 innings who somehow also gave up over a hit per inning. Realistic statistics were always high on my list. I don't mean to discount your priorities, however. If you feel there are issues (and I unfortunately can't track them all), I'd be happy to air them with Markus.

BTW, Ksyrup - I run into the same issue with rookie records that you do. Basically I just clear rookie records after the first year. However, realistically, this should be done by the game itself. I'll bring this up.

-Craig

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #52
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015
No, but you can include money now.

I like that, it's getting there.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:12 PM   #53
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Well, to each his own, I suppose. In past versions, I could never get past the guy who averages 11 Ks per 9 innings who somehow also gave up over a hit per inning. Realistic statistics were always high on my list. I don't mean to discount your priorities, however. If you feel there are issues (and I unfortunately can't track them all), I'd be happy to air them with Markus.

BTW, Ksyrup - I run into the same issue with rookie records that you do. Basically I just clear rookie records after the first year. However, realistically, this should be done by the game itself. I'll bring this up.

-Craig

I also hate the rookie record issue, the upgrade will be worth that alone if it could be implemented

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-14-2004 at 10:12 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:14 PM   #54
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

-Craig

I guess I didn't put enough grinning smilies in my post. Craig, it's a long running issue here with me being the uber-GM/anti-stats antagonists. I love bringing this up because it's a solitary voice from the far side.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:19 PM   #55
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:

-Craig

That would be great. BTW, do you have the same problem I have, every now and then, that some records don't get filled after you clear them? I haven't seen a rhyme or reason to it, but it most often occurs with batting average. That makes it even worse - it's one thing to have to clear them out every time I start a new league, but it's another to have to manually search each year for rookies who might have gotten the best BA or most HRs, etc.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:22 PM   #56
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Dang it, and I'm usually the one with the tongue firmly implanted in the cheek.

Oh well....

But seriously, if you have issues, I have no problem airing them. There are no guarantees that they will be rectified, but a lot of times things are an easy fix. I'd have to find out about the "trade and release soon thereafter issue", but I can think of a way to fix it right now...

-Craig
Old 04-14-2004, 10:25 PM   #57
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
That would be great. BTW, do you have the same problem I have, every now and then, that some records don't get filled after you clear them? I haven't seen a rhyme or reason to it, but it most often occurs with batting average. That makes it even worse - it's one thing to have to clear them out every time I start a new league, but it's another to have to manually search each year for rookies who might have gotten the best BA or most HRs, etc.

You know what? I just noticed that with one of my quick-sims the other day. I just thought it must have been me, and since that time I haven't taken the time to clear rookie records. I'll bring this one up as well.

-Craig
Old 04-14-2004, 10:41 PM   #58
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
The biggest and most welcomed change from previous versions is that pitchers have ONE endurance rating, rather than one as a starter and one as a closer. Makes very good sense to me.

I find that to be a horrible change.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:42 PM   #59
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I really hope Markus takes the time to listen and see if thse suggestions/fixes are doable. If the game doesn't come out till next month, I am perfectly happy with that (too busy playing FBCB anyways). Please don't let the whining, cry-babies and self-ego push him into releasing the game any sooner.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:43 PM   #60
Buccaneer
Head Coach

My god, I just noticed that there are 13 members and 25 guests viewing this thread. I guess I have to be careful what I say then.
Old 04-14-2004, 10:45 PM   #61
KWhit
Coordinator

Be good, Bucc.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 10:58 PM   #62
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Bucc - I do not think draft picks can be traded in MLB. So, the question should be is the game being modeled after MLB or is it just a baseball sim?

Did anyone else notice the alarming numbers of home runs hit? It seems every team has 3 or more 30+ home run hitters.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:02 PM   #63
HornedFrog Purple
Hattrick Moderator

Thumbs up

Don't worry those who are in the light, Bucc has exhausted himself staying up way past his bedtime. He will be too exhausted to continue this futile campaign tomorrow.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:04 PM   #64
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle
Bucc - I do not think draft picks can be traded in MLB. So, the question should be is the game being modeled after MLB or is it just a baseball sim?

Did anyone else notice the alarming numbers of home runs hit? It seems every team has 3 or more 30+ home run hitters.

The phillies didn't

Looking at the league leaders for homers, the distribution seemed like there were a few too many home run hitters, but it is just one season's stats. I'll really be interested in seeing the results of the 50 year sim tomorrow.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:09 PM   #65
General Mike
Pro Starter

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
I really hope Markus takes the time to listen and see if thse suggestions/fixes are doable. If the game doesn't come out till next month, I am perfectly happy with that (too busy playing FBCB anyways). Please don't let the whining, cry-babies and self-ego push him into releasing the game any sooner.

*Stabs Buccaneer*
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:09 PM   #66
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Not to threadjack or anything, but based on my initial foray into this game tonight, I would strongly consider giving CM 3/4 a try

I might wait for 2005, especially since EHM:FE is coming out sometime in the future. Although I'm interested in what you and Senator have to say about the game.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:09 PM   #67
kq76
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle

You can customize this by the league totals and the player creation modifiers:

http://www.mirror1.ootpdevelopments....ns/screen4.jpg
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:14 PM   #68
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
You can send players to the minors without waivers if they haven't exhausted their option years. Are you seeing players demoted that are out of option years?
No, I don't see any players being demoted who are out of options. But what I am seeing in Ben's file are a lot of players who I believe should be out of options -- in MLB, I don't believe players with more than 5 or 6 years experience have option years, but I may be mistaken. I know they can refuse assignment.

However, I'm wondering if this isn't a by-product of starting with a fictional universe. That may explain why players with 8-10 years experience have option years. It may also explain why there is such massive player movement in Ben's first year.

Question regarding options -- in OOTP, I'm assuming you have three option years. Are those calculated as true option years or is an option exercised each time a player is demoted/promoted? I'm seeing some players with one option year remaining who were demoted to the minors twice during the season -- just wondiering if that is a coincidence or not.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:16 PM   #69
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76

I am too lazy to do that.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:29 PM   #70
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
Question regarding options -- in OOTP, I'm assuming you have three option years. Are those calculated as true option years or is an option exercised each time a player is demoted/promoted? I'm seeing some players with one option year remaining who were demoted to the minors twice during the season -- just wondiering if that is a coincidence or not.

Just as in MLB, you can be demoted/promoted any number of times during a single "option" year.
Old 04-14-2004, 11:35 PM   #71
McSweeny
College Starter

Quote:
Just as in MLB, you can be demoted/promoted any number of times during a single "option" year.

just ask Lou Merloni
McSweeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2004, 11:40 PM   #72
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

LMAO sweet lou
Old 04-15-2004, 02:25 AM   #73
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

A few questions:

1. What the hell is 'gap power' supposed to represent? Power is power; rather than being a seperate category, gap power should just be part of a continuum of possibilities on the power scale. Doubles and triples should be influenced by a combination of power and speed/baserunning.

2. I'm curious what endurance for a pitcher is really supposed to represent; while there is certainly a difference in how many pitches a pitcher can throw and remain effective, this is rarely the reason for using some guys as starters and others relievers; I've played some baseball games where this rating was so severe that relievers with very poor ratings here would tire after facing 3-4 hitters, which is ridiculous. The thing that generally seperates relievers from starters is the variety and quality of the pitcher's repertoire.

One thing I'd like to see is some correlation between the type of stuff a pitcher uses and whether he becomes more effective as a reliever than as a starter; for example, a pitcher with a good fastball may become more effective as a reliever since they're able to really cut loose with that pitch rather than pacing themselves. So maybe a guy with a mediocre endurance rating but a great fastball would be a mediocre starter, but a potentially very good reliever.

3. If I decide I'd rather auto-sim a few weeks or even months at a time, will the game automatically make substitutions in my lineups? Are there settings that govern this, i.e. setting substitution frequency and preferences for how you'd want your batting order modified when substitutions happen? Or does the game require you to manually change your lineups and batting orders? Is there a fatigue rating for position players that affects player performance?
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:01 AM   #74
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Dola -

I just randomly clicked on a player card link from Ben's HTML output, and I noticed something a little funny; the player (Marcos Aybar) is listed as 32 years old. It says his Years of MLB service = 14, which would mean he made the majors at 18, and says his Years of pro service = 17, which means he was signed at 15. He's Dominican, but even foreign players I believe have to be 16 or 17 before they're allowed to sign professional contracts, and outside of Robin Yount I can't think of any player in modern times that has been in the majors since they were 18.

This is admittedly serious nit-picking, and I have no idea if this is an extreme example or the norm, but something to keep an eye on...

Another thing I just noticed - I'm looking at the Top Prospects screen, and a couple more things jumped out at me. I don't know how seriously we're supposed to take minor-league performance into account when evaluating prospects, but the homerun numbers for guys in A and AA were very high. Power is something that generally takes some time to develop, and most guys that hit with power in the majors started off in the minors hitting lots of doubles and not so many homeruns. Go flip through a Baseball Register book sometime and take a look at the minor league stats for most power hitters; it's rare to see a guy with 20 or more homeruns in a season at the lower levels.

The other thing was the high number of IP for guys in the A level - again, at that level most clubs are fairly protective of their pitchers' arms and you don't see many guys racking up 160+ IP at a young age. Also, not one pitcher in the prospects list has a K:IP ratio higher than 0.92:0; strikeout rate is one of the top predictors of MLB success for a pitcher, and again if you scan through minor league stats for real players, many good successful power pitchers had 1:0 or better K:IP ratios in the minors, especially in A ball; some with very high ratios like 1.3:0. I wouldn't expect most of the pitchers in the prospect list to have 1:0 or higher K:IP ratios, but I would expect some.

At the MLB level, at first glance it looks like the IP numbers might be a touch too high, which would indicate to me that there aren't enough minor and/or major injuries for pitchers - guys missing 3-4 turns in the rotation over a year due to various minor ailments.

On a somewhat related note, I'd be curious what the casualty rate is of pitching prospects in OOTP - how many highly touted pitching prospects succumb to injuries and either never make the bigs, or lose some/much of their effectiveness? How about injuries in general - do they happen frequently enough, and how do they effect a player's ability both short-term and long-term? How variable are players' development curves and declines? Are there both Barry Bonds/Nolan Ryan types (i.e. freaks of nature that retain their effectiveness well into their late-30's/early-40's), Dale Murphy/Ron Guidry types (superstars that quickly decline in their early-30's), Alex Rodriguez/Dwight Gooden types (guys who burst onto the scene highly developed) and Raul Ibanez/Jamie Moyer types (late bloomers)?

This post will probably tweak Bucc's sensibilities, but one of the things I'd most look forward to in a baseball sim are realistic numbers at both the major league and minor league levels. Without this, the game would feel less believable.

Lots of questions, but hopefully Ben's long-term simming will give us enough data to find answers to some or all of these issues...
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:03 AM   #75
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Maybe its just me but OOTP has pretty much run its course with me. If it was not for being in an online league, I would have abondoned this a long time ago. To be heading into the 6th version with not all that much significant change from version 3.....well, been there, done that.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:08 AM   #76
Neuqua
Pro Rookie

Yeah.
Our Deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?' Actually, who are you not to be?
Neuqua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:08 AM   #77
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuqua
Yeah.

Stop kissing my ass, you homo.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 03:23 AM   #78
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

For those that care about sim speed, on my P4, 2.4GHz, 512MB laptop, the sim last night ran 13 seasons in a little over 6 hours, or a little under 30 minutes per season. I am going to do some other stuff this morning for a while so the sim can get up to around 2020. By then, most of the original fictional players will be gone, and the league will be mature enough to take a look at things like how many players are eligible for free agency, how teams are doing financially, how players have developed, matured, retired, etc.

I'm going now to the web stuff to see how well they've done getting rid of the 10.4K per nine inning guys who give up 1.1 hits per nine innings.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:37 AM   #79
Ben E Lou

A couple of comments about tweakable things I noticed in the stats right off the bat (especially since I see that Markus is reading right now. )

1. WHIP needs to be somewhere on the player HTML report, besides just when a guy is in the top 10.
2. Using "start highest rested starter", I'm getting a hair too many starts from the top pitchers in the modern era. A few guys had 38/39 starts, which very rarely happens any more.
Old 04-15-2004, 03:44 AM   #80
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan
one of the things I'd most look forward to in a baseball sim are realistic numbers at both the major league and minor league levels. Without this, the game would feel less believable.
Amen.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:03 AM   #81
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by kq76

ACK! NO! NO! NO! NO! I intentionally used default settings, because default settings need to be realistic. We don't buy games to tweak settings. We buy games to play the games. I am a firm, firm believer that a big part of the development team's is to get us a solid stats engine when playing "default." If we want to create a softball league, deadball era, or slightly raise or lower something from the defaults, that's what the stats tweaks should be for.

All of that being said, there's some great news. Markus just informed me that he has found and fixed a bug that caused inflated offensive numbers. I'll be continuing the preview with a new build later today. With that news, I'm stopping the long-term sim now, letting it advance to the end of 2018, and I'll take a look at the offseason stuff, rather than focusing on stats produced in the currently-uploaded league which are now invalid. I'm removing that HTML report from the server now.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:36 AM   #82
Ben E Lou

Ok, so I HAD to take a look at a little player development before advancing to free agency! Here are some stats from the first card I looked at, the all-time K leader in my league as of 2018:

Career Pitching Stats
YearGGSWLSVERAIPHARERBBKCGSHOTeams
2006864003.7445.2421919244100BAL
2007272431506.82124.0137107948911300BAL
2008302910603.77169.113085717616500BAL
20093636131004.51201.11671051018123000BAL
2010353514803.07208.117384716427700BAL
2011343414903.00227.216483766826321BAL
2012363615802.48232.114270647425021BAL
2013363615702.43233.217171637126921BAL,L1
2014343415703.70209.014995867022800BAL
201527278703.96168.012779746717710BAL
20163535161403.87227.2180108987722600BAL,L1
2017373714403.99228.01731041018126000BAL
20183737161303.80241.22071091029824800BAL
Total41240615710803.652516.2196211191020940274773
Career Minor League Pitching Stats
YearGGSWLSVERAIPHARERBBKCGSHO
2006, AA18189502.49126.19438353613400
2006, AAA431003.6619.2188872300
2007, AAA221001.7215.293332200
2008, AAA443001.7431.0196634111
Old 04-15-2004, 04:37 AM   #83
Ragone
Pro Rookie

3 shutouts/7 complete games in his career? thats kinda.. odd for someone with that kinda strike out ability to not have more shutouts

Last edited by Ragone : 04-15-2004 at 04:38 AM.
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:38 AM   #84
Ben E Lou

Here's a 10th-round draft choice pitcher who made it big....

Career Pitching Stats
200622227805.60119.01227874668310TB
20072362816.5155.1534340275800TB
2008411102.9212.164451700TB
20093737151003.13244.2179928511224931TB
20103535151403.14258.0195102909225984TB
20113636181203.00273.020998919325173TB,L1
20123838161203.15257.02151049010224133TB,L1
2013373717903.56260.22301161039324831TB,L1
20143737161503.32252.0216103938624722MON
20153838141403.54246.1221103976025341MON,L2
2016363619703.82230.2217111987222421MON,L2
20173838151103.93226.2216113998423410MON
20183636131004.78216.12081221157023710MON
Total41739716813113.662652.022871189107996226013516
2004, A22229803.57158.213164636015910
2004, AA443000.2832.1171193600
2005, AA11113502.6179.1542523278200
2005, AAA151321006.1680.1835955367910
2006, AAA662203.4641.2371616214600
2007, AAA550304.7530.1251916173700
2008, AAA212111302.28157.210444405419131
Old 04-15-2004, 04:40 AM   #85
Ben E Lou

4th-round pick with a pretty solid career:

Career Pitching Stats
20073535181103.65239.1238109977813152NY
20083636161304.69241.22441361269216362NY
20093737201004.16249.02611221157614951NY,L1
20103737201003.52261.02571121028017661NY,L1
20113838191003.55264.02701151047519741NY,L1
20122828121203.70194.221491805211851NY
2013373722802.86273.2269100876416582NY,L1
20143837111004.31229.22501141106213721PHI
20153434121305.01206.22411291156710300PHI
2016323214903.49214.021987834213432PHI
20173333101203.72203.020810084739500PHI
201811116404.2565.2713531212200PHI
Total39639518012203.862642.127421250113478215904413
2005, AA252591103.57176.217380704715042
2006, AA232311802.44188.0142565131145104
2006, AAA521106.6015.019121171100
2007, AAA111001.009.031111010
Old 04-15-2004, 04:41 AM   #86
Ben E Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
3 shutouts/7 complete games in his career? thats kinda.. odd for someone with that kinda strike out ability to not have more shutouts
Keep in mind that this is with the build that has offensive stats inflated. They're coming down in the next build.
Old 04-15-2004, 04:42 AM   #87
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Oh.. so the hitters are set to Bonds?
Old 04-15-2004, 04:44 AM   #88
Ben E Lou

A player card that many of you will enjoy seeing...

#26 Keith Lorusso, Starting Pitcher, 42 yrs, Montreal
Sunday, 10/10/2018
[img]file:///C:/PROGRA~1/OUTOFT~1/OOTP6~1/graphics/defaultphoto.bmp[/img]Name :
Nickname :
Birthday :
Height :
Weight :

Position :
Bats :
Throws :
Keith Lorusso

2/27/1976
USA
6"4

Starting Pitcher
R
R
Desire for Winner :
Loyalty :
Team Leader Skills :
Consistency :
Clutch Performance :
Injury Rating :
Overall Rating :
Minimal
Average
None at all
Average
Normal
Prone
2.5 Stars
Contract & Roster Status
Contract :
Salary :
Signed Through :
Extention :
Years of MLB Service :
MLB Service Days this Year :
Years on 40-Man Roster :
Years of Pro Service :
Rule 5 Draft Eligibility :
Arbitration Eligibility :
Minor League Option Years :
Big League Contract
$ 5,280,000
$ 5,280,000 (2018 year(s))
24 Year(s), 166 Days (4294 total Days)
185 Day(s)
27 Year(s), 147 Days (4791 total Days)
27 Year(s)
Protected (on 40 Man Roster)
Not eligible
1 Option Year(s) left
Pitching Ratings
PitchingStuffMovementControlVelocity
Overall25965888-91 Mph
Versus LHB219355
Versus RHB299961
Talent189261
Pitching Ratings
Endurance :
Groundball Pct. :
Holding Runners :

Pitches:
Fastball
Sinker
Slider
Batting Ratings
BattingContactGapPowerDiscipline/EyeAvoid K's
Overall13832219
Versus LHP13832219
Versus RHP13832219
Talent13832219
Running & Bunting Ratings
Running Speed :
Stealing Ability :
Sacrifice Bunt :
Bunt for Hit :
Hitter Type :

Spray Hitter
Fielding Ratings
P : 77 (Range), .934 (Fielding Pct.)
Catcher Arm : 4
Outfield Arm : 11
Game Log, Last 10 Games
DateOpp. ResultStartIPHRERBBKDec
8/23NYL 0-3 0.100020
8/27HOUL 8-9 1.210020
8/30@PHIW 10-7 1.120001
9/2@CINL 3-4 010000
9/4@CINW 10-6 100000
9/6ATLW 7-6 221130W
9/10@C(L 5-10 242203
9/16HOUL 3-12*653324L
9/22@FLOL 5-12*663113
9/28ATLL 2-7*784411L
Pitching Stats 2018
OverallGGSWLSVERAIPHARERBBKCGCG%SHOQSQS%
OverallSVOBSSV%RAGFR/9H/9K/9BB/9RLRLSRLS%IRIRSIRS%ERC
ABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSFSHHPAVGOBPSLGOPS
vs. LHB1945444422263325005.278.385.402.787
vs. RHB27267111531311543003.246.291.349.640
GGSWLSVERAIPHARERBBK
Home1885202.6967.05423202433
Road2174314.5855.06734282435
Postseason000000.000.000000
This Week000000.000.000000
Last Week110105.147.084411
MonthGGSWLSVERAIPHARERBBK
March/April802001.939.163218
May533002.1025.22266514
June552202.8731.13016101916
July541106.1422.0251515811
August900013.729.2124488
Sept./Oct.731204.1324.0261311711
Career Pitching Stats
20043737171503.83247.02311221056919221MON
2005363691204.17228.22351171065516942MON
20063636201102.83241.122494763515242MON,L2
20073939191203.11263.0218100915818932MON,L2
20083737141102.86257.223589825521010MON,L2
2009373720902.62261.020884766120972MON,L2
2010393918902.58276.022796794921052MON,L2
20113838181202.80264.021898825917342MON
20123837211003.31264.0227104976222440MON,L2
20133737181003.10261.2253102906118520MON
20143636101504.57228.12581381165816120MON
20153535141102.97239.225496795516311MON,L2
20163131101203.90187.0207104816710332MON
20173131111204.90193.02311251056611010MON
201839159513.54122.01215748486811MON
Total54652122816613.343534.133471526131385825184417
Career Postseason Pitching Stats
Total443002.7033.133141052120
Career Batting Stats
YearGABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPSTeams
2004377462002432201.081.117.108.225MON
2005367264001312700.083.096.139.235MON
2006367381002522200.110.133.123.257MON,L2
2007398373202673200.084.156.169.324MON,L2
2008378092002742200.112.155.138.292MON,L2
2009378892103533300.102.132.148.280MON,L2
2010398531017332600.035.068.082.151MON,L2
2011388192002632700.111.143.136.279MON
2012389462000533600.064.093.085.178MON,L2
2013377721002452500.026.085.039.124MON
2014366253102172000.081.174.161.335MON
2015357674007322410.092.115.145.260MON,L2
2016316262027412800.097.111.226.337MON
2017316141003121300.066.095.082.177MON
201839280000014800.000.125.000.125MON
Total546109687304342585036511.079.120.122.242
Fielding Stats 2018
PositionGGSPOADPTCEPCTINNRANGEPBRSTARTORTO%
Pitcher39156243311.968122.02.29
Player History
Drafted in 4th round, 63rd overall pick, by Montreal in 2004...
Had first career hit on 4/7/2004, off Thad Giunta (ATL)...
Earned first career win on 4/7/2004...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 10/1/2005, going 3-1, 2.45...
Won Platinum Glove at Pitcher in 2005...
Won Player of the Week award on 6/28/2006, winning 2 games with a 0.00 ERA...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 7/1/2006, going 6-0, 1.53...
Was selected to the 2006 Allstar game...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 8/1/2006, going 4-1, 0.75...
Won Outstanding Pitcher in 2006, going 20-11, 2.83 ERA...
Was selected to the 2007 Allstar game...
Won Outstanding Pitcher in 2007, going 19-12, 3.11 ERA...
Was selected to the 2008 Allstar game...
Won World Championship with Montreal in 2008...
Signed as a free agent by Montreal on 2/9/2009 to a 7-year deal worth $14,518,200 per year...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 6/1/2009, going 6-1, 1.75...
Was selected to the 2009 Allstar game...
Won World Championship with Montreal in 2009...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 5/1/2010, going 5-1, 1.09...
Was selected to the 2010 Allstar game...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 8/1/2010, going 2-0, 1.88...
Hit first career homerun on 9/8/2010, off Damian Llanes (HOU)...
Won Platinum Glove at Pitcher in 2010...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 8/1/2011, going 4-0, 1.95...
Won Outstanding Pitcher in 2011, going 18-12, 2.80 ERA...
Was selected to the 2012 Allstar game...
Won Outstanding Pitcher in 2012, going 21-10, 3.31 ERA...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 5/1/2015, going 3-1, 1.74...
Was selected to the 2015 Allstar game...
Injured on 8/22/2016 with a Torn Bicep Muscle, out for 4 weeks...
Won Platinum Glove at Pitcher in 2016...
Pitching Leader Boards Appearances
ERA
2004 - 3.83 - 7th
2006 - 2.83 - 1st
2007 - 3.11 - 4th
2008 - 2.86 - 2nd
2009 - 2.62 - 2nd
2010 - 2.58 - 1st
2011 - 2.80 - 1st
2012 - 3.31 - 6th
2013 - 3.10 - 5th
2015 - 2.97 - 3rd
WHIP
2004 - 1.21 - 7th
2006 - 1.07 - 2nd
2007 - 1.05 - 3rd
2008 - 1.13 - 4th
2009 - 1.03 - 2nd
2010 - 1.00 - 1st
2011 - 1.05 - 1st
2012 - 1.09 - 1st
2013 - 1.20 - 7th
Wins
2004 - 17 - 2nd
2006 - 20 - 2nd
2007 - 19 - 1st
2008 - 14 - 8th
2009 - 20 - 3rd
2010 - 18 - 3rd
2011 - 18 - 1st
2012 - 21 - 1st
2013 - 18 - 3rd
2015 - 14 - 6th
Losses
2004 - 15 - 2nd
2014 - 15 - 7th
2017 - 12 - 10th
IP
2004 - 247.0 - 3rd
2005 - 228.2 - 5th
2006 - 241.1 - 5th
2007 - 263.0 - 1st
2008 - 257.2 - 1st
2009 - 261.0 - 1st
2010 - 276.0 - 1st
2011 - 264.0 - 1st
2012 - 264.0 - 1st
2013 - 261.2 - 1st
2014 - 228.1 - 8th
2015 - 239.2 - 5th
K's
2004 - 192 - 6th
2005 - 169 - 7th
2006 - 152 - 9th
2007 - 189 - 4th
2008 - 210 - 3rd
2009 - 209 - 4th
2010 - 210 - 4th
2011 - 173 - 5th
2012 - 224 - 3rd
2013 - 185 - 7th
2014 - 161 - 10th
CG
2004 - 2 - 7th
2005 - 4 - 3rd
2006 - 4 - 2nd
2007 - 3 - 10th
2009 - 7 - 1st
2010 - 5 - 1st
2011 - 4 - 1st
2012 - 4 - 3rd
2014 - 2 - 10th
2016 - 3 - 6th
2017 - 1 - 9th
SHO
2004 - 1 - 3rd
2005 - 2 - 4th
2006 - 2 - 2nd
2007 - 2 - 2nd
2009 - 2 - 1st
2010 - 2 - 1st
2011 - 2 - 1st
2016 - 2 - 5th
2017 - 0 - 10th

Out of the Park Developments - The place for baseball and boxing simulation games
Out of the Park Baseball Homepage - The home of the Out of the Park Baseball Series
Old 04-15-2004, 04:48 AM   #89
Ben E Lou

This closer was born 1/25/75. Dominant stretch from age 29-35. Very effective from 36-38. Decent from 39-41. Dropped off table at 42.

OK, I'm now officially getting excited.

Career Pitching Stats

200461032301.7467.1481413168600TB,L1
200570080371.9881.24719182510200TB,L1
200647073251.9659.2431813158000CLE
200760063352.0769.2501916228100CLE,L1
2008530137253.4363.0432524227500CLE
200954063341.9365.1511514127400CLE
201051071311.0767.040118188400CLE,L1
201158053343.6080.0723332359900CLE
201263046422.6667.2732820226700C(
201363057303.0371.1712624255700C(,L1
201461055324.3562.0603230326100TOR
20155808313.2857.2432121214600TOR
20164901234.4452.2513026255400TOR
20174101217.4137.2513831242700MON
Total789079473602.89902.274332929031499300

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 04-15-2004 at 04:49 AM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:53 AM   #90
Ben E Lou

But it varies. This guy was born 7/19/76. One of the most reliable guys around from 28-36, struggles at 37-38, Essentially done at 39.

Career Pitching Stats
20043232141003.31209.116483776022740DET,L1
20053636101103.03255.1203102867927321DET
20063737161303.67240.0198107988526410DET
2007373717803.05253.218099867727232NY
2008373715703.29246.118393907125811NY,L2
2009373723703.16236.118591837125300NY,L2
20103737201003.00228.017191766623711NY,L2
2011343417803.20210.215895757225200NY,L2
2012373719903.25227.018389828020811NY,L2
2013282812704.81153.115084826514300NY
20143434101504.72200.11921131059018600NY
201539123925.9994.21067063498800NY
2016110001.356.25113700NY TB
Total42639917611423.532561.22078111810048682668136
Old 04-15-2004, 04:54 AM   #91
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

A contract extension of 2,018 years?
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 04:59 AM   #92
Ben E Lou

Born in '78. Abrupt retirement. No injury. Still at the top of his game at age 38:

Career Batting Stats
2004155576189383421071301126732.328.438.6231.061BAL,L1
200515656117639231921061136734.314.429.556.985BAL,L1
2006155569190364331011191035821.334.436.5851.021BAL,L1
2007156561187294381171201336131.333.461.6021.064BAL,L1
20081445291844633197123975331.348.449.6221.071NY,L1
2009158568184361381291141227852.324.443.5921.035NY,L1
201015457619840535109116978100.344.438.6131.051NY,L1
201115661021433237124133877842.351.432.5931.025NY,L1
2012153563162422301001041249553.288.416.529.946NY
2013161643203366421241379611410.316.405.586.991NY,L1
2014156580205513361161261047922.353.452.6381.090TB,L1
201515558917446540130117829421.295.382.594.976TB,L1
2016158602184425441251177911100.306.386.611.997TB,L1
Total2017752724505144547714711562134910363319.325.428.5961.024
Old 04-15-2004, 05:08 AM   #93
Ben E Lou

A comment on player development (and I know some beta guys are reading, so I'd love to hear their take on this one as well):

So far, from looking over the stats of the career leaders after 15 season, it appears that the top players are usually hitting the bigs a little earlier than in previous versions. Right now, the league's better position players seems to have generally hit the bigs in the age 21-23 range. I'm working up a quick little study right now to give y'all some hard numbers.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:31 AM   #94
Ben E Lou

(Still working on the little study, but just a comment...)

Here's something that is not abundant clear to me yet, as I haven't followed the chatter at OOTP Developments extremely closely. With ratings for "stuff" and "movement", what exactly does each one represent?
Old 04-15-2004, 05:36 AM   #95
Booj
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
(Still working on the little study, but just a comment...)

Here's something that is not abundant clear to me yet, as I haven't followed the chatter at OOTP Developments extremely closely. With ratings for "stuff" and "movement", what exactly does each one represent?

Here is the final list of pitcher ratings:
Stuff (heavily influences Ks)
Movement (Influences HRs)
Control (Influences BBs, and slightly Ks and HRs)
Velocity (Slightly influences Ks)

Endurance, Hold Runners, HBP, Balks and WPs.

Cheers,
Markus (dated Feb 23rd)
Booj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2004, 05:41 AM   #96
Ben E Lou

Another fun player card. First career win a couple of weeks after his 20th birthday:

#3 Don "Bootleg" Dunbar, Starting Pitcher, 29 yrs, Toronto
Sunday, 10/10/2018
Nickname :
Birthday :
Height :
Weight :

Position :
Bats :
Throws :
Don Dunbar
Bootleg
7/3/1989
USA
6"4

Starting Pitcher
R
R
Desire for Winner :
Loyalty :
Team Leader Skills :
Consistency :
Clutch Performance :
Injury Rating :
Overall Rating :
Minimal
Loyal
None at all
Good
Normal
Normal
4.5 Stars
Contract & Roster Status
Contract :
Salary :
Signed Through :
Years of MLB Service :
Years on 40-Man Roster :
Years of Pro Service :
Big League Contract
$ 10,508,400
9 Year(s), 80 Days (1628 total Days)
185 Day(s)
10 Year(s), 25 Days (1745 total Days)
10 Year(s)
Not eligible
3 Option Year(s) left
Pitching Ratings
PitchingStuffMovementControlVelocity
Overall89902998-100 Mph
Versus LHB878725
Versus RHB909332
Talent968935
Pitching Ratings
Endurance :
Groundball Pct. :
Holding Runners :

Pitches:
Fastball
Changeup
Curveball
Batting Ratings
Overall12931411
Versus LHP12931411
Versus RHP12931411
Talent12931411
Running Speed :
Stealing Ability :
Sacrifice Bunt :
Bunt for Hit :
Hitter Type :

Spray Hitter
Fielding Ratings
P : 19 (Range), .972 (Fielding Pct.)
Catcher Arm : 2
Outfield Arm : 18
Game Log, Last 10 Games
DateOpp. ResultStartIPHRERBBKDec
8/22CLEW 13-5*6.164474W
8/27@TBW 11-8*3.265553
9/2@C(W 6-1*8.2611212WPoG
9/7DETL 5-7*2.255123L
9/12NYW 8-5*7.254447
9/18@BOSW 7-2*8.152129WPoG
9/23BOSW 5-3*7.183357
9/28C(W 8-1*7.261127W
10/2@C(W 7-5*763327W
10/6@CINW 3-2*752236W
Pitching Stats 2018
OverallGGSWLSVERAIPHARERBBKCGCG%SHOQSQS%
OverallSVOBSSV%RAGFR/9H/9K/9BB/9RLRLSRLS%IRIRSIRS%ERC
vs. LHB4071051401953557094003.258.369.432.802
vs. RHB4449213113454858141001.207.297.329.626
GGSWLSVERAIPHARERBBK
Home202011303.21131.2114534782135
Road15159204.3996.183504746100
Postseason111002.577.052236
This Week111002.577.052236
Last Week222002.4514.21244414
MonthGGSWLSVERAIPHARERBBK
March/April663102.8238.12812121943
May553004.4530.13215151633
June663205.4939.13826242041
July554002.5535.12410102531
August663104.8435.13421192935
Sept./Oct.774102.5549.14119141952
Career Pitching Stats
200913133504.8075.0714640536200CIN
20103535131404.51211.217111710611722000CIN
2011343491505.82179.117212411613221000CIN
20123333101404.47191.1161103958722810CIN
2013343491304.43187.01571039210623000CIN
2014393871404.81219.020312611711525810CIN
2015373718503.10246.2176878511526321CIN,L2
20163636111504.41228.219611711212323540TOR
20173535181203.48245.2183989513323520TOR
2018353520503.71228.01971039412823500TOR,L1
Total33133011811204.262012.11687102495211092176101
2008, A12125302.7492.0683128347021
2008, AA12122503.3594.0723535338140
2009, AA220102.6313.2156441800
2009, AAA14143504.0396.09745434710800
Career Postseason Pitching Stats
Total111002.577.05223600
Career Batting Stats
200913233100220900.130.130.174.304CIN
2010357143004422600.056.082.099.181CIN
2011345920001021800.034.066.034.099CIN
2012336140011232300.066.109.115.224CIN
2013345773002321900.123.153.175.328CIN
2014396091014632400.150.190.217.407CIN
2015377772004652400.091.146.117.263CIN,L2
20163600000000000.000.000.000.000TOR
20173500000000000.000.000.000.000TOR
Total29640836100218231714300.088.125.127.252
Fielding Stats 2018
Pitcher353511173302.933228.01.18
Player History
Drafted in 1st round, 2nd overall pick, by Cincinnati in 2008...
Injured on 8/25/2008 with a Spasms Back, out for 5-6 weeks...
Injured on 5/25/2009 with a Bruised Finger, out for 2 days...
Earned first career win on 7/19/2009...
Had first career hit on 8/19/2009, off Sebastian Fuster (C()...
Hit first career homerun on 5/5/2012, off Michael Pillar (C()...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 6/1/2015, going 6-1, 1.88...
Struck out 15 batters against Florida on 6/29/2015...
Was selected to the 2015 Allstar game...
Signed as a free agent by Toronto on 2/12/2016 to a 5-year deal worth $10,508,400 per year...
Was selected to the 2018 Allstar game...
Won Pitcher of the Month award on 8/1/2018, going 4-0, 2.55...
Won World Championship with Toronto in 2018...
Won Outstanding Pitcher in 2018, going 20-5, 3.71 ERA...
Pitching Leader Boards Appearances
ERA
2015 - 3.10 - 4th
2017 - 3.48 - 5th
WHIP
2012 - 1.30 - 10th
2015 - 1.18 - 6th
2017 - 1.29 - 7th
Wins
2015 - 18 - 1st
2017 - 18 - 4th
Losses
2010 - 14 - 4th
2011 - 15 - 3rd
2012 - 14 - 4th
2013 - 13 - 8th
2014 - 14 - 8th
2016 - 15 - 4th
IP
2014 - 219.0 - 10th
2015 - 246.2 - 2nd
2016 - 228.2 - 7th
2017 - 245.2 - 3rd
K's
2010 - 220 - 3rd
2011 - 210 - 3rd
2012 - 228 - 2nd
2013 - 230 - 2nd
2014 - 258 - 1st
2015 - 263 - 1st
2016 - 235 - 1st
2017 - 235 - 2nd
BB
2010 - 117 - 1st
2011 - 132 - 1st
2012 - 87 - 8th
2013 - 106 - 2nd
2014 - 115 - 1st
2015 - 115 - 1st
2016 - 123 - 1st
2017 - 133 - 1st
CG
2015 - 2 - 6th
2016 - 4 - 5th
SHO
2015 - 1 - 6th
Old 04-15-2004, 05:46 AM   #97
Ben E Lou

OK, here's a quick look that should help begin to give you a snapshot on player development. These are the top 10 home run hitters from 2018 and Top 10 pitchers in ERA from the same year:

NameDraftYrs in MinorsFirst call-upFirst 400-AB season
Juan Ramirez1(1)1+2323
Hipolito Castro1(6)1.5+2325
Timothy Pankey1(2)1+2224
Karl Sayer1(1)22326
Christian Bergeson1(3).5+2122
Aaron Loughran1(8)3.75+2326
Ezekial Carreras1(4).5+2224
Jessie SosaWAS FROM ORIGINAL PLAYER POOL
Alvin CapertonWAS FROM ORIGINAL PLAYER POOL
Gabriel Milliner3(36)7+2127
NameDraftYrs in MinorsFirst call-upFirst 150IP season
Manuel Guasch1(14)2+2525
David WurmWAS FROM ORIGINAL PLAYER POOL
Dennis Smith1(8)12323
Joseph DixWAS FROM ORIGINAL PLAYER POOL
David Rogers4(56)6+2326
Sebastian Fuster1(4)1.52224
Cedric Baeza2(27)up/down2528
Victor KingWAS FROM ORIGINAL PLAYER POOL
Heriberto Escobedo1(7)up/down for 52024
Francisco Pelaez1(5)1+2123
Old 04-15-2004, 05:51 AM   #98
Ben E Lou

Proof positive that the young player (and this appears to be rare, as it should be) can be a star. All-star seasons at 21 and 22:

#98 Mathew Voigt, Rightfield, 22 yrs, Cincinnati
Sunday, 10/10/2018
Nickname :
Birthday :
Height :
Weight :

Position :
Bats :
Throws :
Mathew Voigt

10/12/1995
USA
6"1

Rightfield
L
L
Desire for Winner :
Loyalty :
Team Leader Skills :
Consistency :
Clutch Performance :
Injury Rating :
Prospect rating :
Average
Average
None at all
Average
Normal
Normal
5.0 Stars
Contract & Roster Status
Contract :
Salary :
Signed Through :
Years of MLB Service :
Years on 40-Man Roster :
Years of Pro Service :
Big League Contract
$ 300,000
2018 (Possible Arbitration)
2 Year(s), 55 Days (399 total Days)
185 Day(s)
2 Year(s), 95 Days (439 total Days)
3 Year(s)

2 Option Year(s) left
Ratings
Overall6959607963
Versus LHP5755597355
Versus RHP7461618267
Talent76609410067
Running Speed :
Stealing Ability :
Baserunning Instincts :
Sacrifice Bunt :
Bunt for Hit :
Hitter Type :

Pull Hitter
Fielding Ratings
LF : 72 (Range), .983 (Fielding Pct.)
CF : 67 (Range), .985 (Fielding Pct.)
RF : 49 (Range), .982 (Fielding Pct.)
Catcher Arm : 4
Infield Arm : 37
Outfield Arm : 38
Game Log, Last 10 Games
DateOpp. ResultABRH2B3BHRRBIBBKSpot
9/25PHIW 5-1333101210#1PoG
9/26@FLOL 8-9511000002#1
9/28NYL 0-2401000001#1
9/29@ATLL 7-13501000001#1
10/1@HOUL 3-6312000010#1
10/2C(W 2-1512000020#1
10/5TORL 3-6402100000#1
10/6TORL 2-3500000002#1
10/8@TORL 3-5513001300#1PoG
10/9@TORL 1-12401000002#1
Batting Stats 2018
BattingGABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKAVGOBPSLGOPSTAVGISO
BattingGSPAHPIWCIGDPSHSFTBEBHSBCSSB%RCRC/27
vs. LHP1152940415161017101.252.315.391.706
vs. RHP51816220118641036957200.313.392.459.852
Close/Late69244031113611100.348.395.536.931
Scoring Position144398135401516300.271.333.403.736
Pinch Hitting520001011100.400.429.400.829
GABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKAVGOBPSLGOPS
Home772938481935483732.287.366.413.779
Road803401071601344714242.315.390.476.866
This Week41861013104.333.333.556.889
Last Week41760000232.353.450.353.803
March/April2510730314151698.280.342.439.781
May261083970316291714.361.444.509.954
June281043150313191514.298.383.433.816
July2396304031313913.313.371.448.819
August27992940312201412.293.377.424.801
Sept/Oct281193210610221513.269.351.429.779
Postseason41861013104.333.333.556.889
Career Batting Stats
20163814645101223291518132.308.373.432.804CIN
2017154600197317127612858744916.328.388.463.851CIN,L2
2018157633191241227911979745213.302.378.447.826CIN,L2
Total34913794336593617827615216611431.314.382.453.835
Career Minor League Batting Stats
YearGABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS
2015, A81292871301854555844120.298.410.527.937
2015, AA5721570111143837483172.326.444.5811.025
2016, AAA1114141191981264707661141.287.393.459.852
Career Postseason Batting Stats
YearGABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS
Total104181013431110.195.250.293.543
Fielding Stats 2018
Centerfield20100101.0007.01.29
Rightfield152147323843332.9941308.02.29
Player History
Drafted in 1st round, 1st overall pick, by Cincinnati in 2015...
Injured on 9/5/2015 with a Bruised Ribs, out for 1-2 weeks...
Had first career hit on 5/7/2016, off Ross Uribe (ATL)...
Hit first career homerun on 8/16/2016, off Makoto Kazuhiro (MON)...
Won Player of the Week award on 4/12/2017, hitting .448 with 1 HR, 7 RBI...
Had 6 hits with 3 RBI against Houston on 5/27/2017...
Was selected to the 2017 Allstar game...
Won Player of the Week award on 8/16/2017, hitting .500 with 0 HR, 5 RBI...
Won Player of the Week award on 4/26/2018, hitting .379 with 3 HR, 9 RBI...
Was selected to the 2018 Allstar game...
Batting Leader Boards Appearances
AVG
2017 - .328 - 3rd
OBP
2017 - .388 - 10th
Hits
2017 - 197 - 2nd
Triples
2017 - 7 - 7th
Runs
2017 - 128 - 1st
SB
2017 - 49 - 2nd
Old 04-15-2004, 05:53 AM   #99
Ben E Lou

My evaluation of OOTP6 so far....

I am now *VERY* happy that my wife is having a jewelry-making party with her girlfriends on Friday night.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:08 AM   #100
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
My evaluation of OOTP6 so far....

I am now *VERY* happy that my wife is having a jewelry-making party with her girlfriends on Friday night.

You hinting at something.. or you just taunting us with your beta copy?

hehe