Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-03-2014, 05:34 PM   #51
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I missed everything but the vote. WTF was kas thinking?

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 09:43 PM   #52
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Some really bad Survivor play this week, but it made for an entertaining episode.

Kass' performance tonight is dumber than all of J'Tia's combined. She pissed off the swing vote they needed to stay in the majority and didn't seem to understand why Tasha was trying to comfort Sarah. Then, she flipped from an alliance where she had a clear path to the final three to one where she will be 6th out of 6 and pissed off most of the jury even if she somehow does make it to the final three.

Sarah overplayed her role as the swing vote to an obnoxious degree. Also, if she wanted Tony out, she should've made him think she was definitely on his side instead of making him think he needed to scramble.

LJ: Why would you play your idol back on Tony, who they clearly weren't voting for?

I have the exact same thoughts on Kas. Just an unbelievably stupid play. I love how Spencer called her out.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:11 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I have the exact same thoughts on Kas. Just an unbelievably stupid play. I love how Spencer called her out.

I just don't understand it. She is in a solid block of 3 that is in a larger set of 6 which have the numbers. They should be able to pick everyone off until they are the final 3 if they played it right.

Going with the other group the only chance she has is being a tag along brought to the end because she has made enemies by her play and won't get votes. If not she is 6th.

Granted it's still a long way to go but seems like a really bad play.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:14 PM   #54
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

That was an all-time great episode if the main appeal of the show for you is hate-watching certain players.

You had the "overplays her hand and gets blindsided" girl, the "slides right in as the new idiot to root against" girl, and not one but two "thinks they're so smart for playing their idol but actually end up wasting it" guys.

Good times.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #55
kingfc22
Head Coach

Why did Lee get to wear those special foot shoes during the immunity challenge while everyone else was barefoot? Thought that was odd
Old 04-04-2014, 11:58 AM   #56
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
Why did Lee get to wear those special foot shoes during the immunity challenge while everyone else was barefoot? Thought that was odd

i think everyone always has the option of wearing their shoes in challenges like that, but he was the only one that decided to keep them on, and they just happened to be ones with toes...pretty smart of him IMO
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #57
Kodos
Resident Alien

Kass definitely has issues with things not being done her way. Sarah should have definitively picked one side or the other. Wavering just pisses everyone off. Spencer seems to be the only likable person on the show this season.

Last edited by Kodos : 04-04-2014 at 12:09 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #58
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Kass definitely has issues with things not being done her way. Sarah should have definitively picked one side or the other. Wavering just pisses everyone off. Spencer seems to be the only likable person on the show this season.

morgan is very likable (very likeable)
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:40 PM   #59
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bah. Fakes.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:56 PM   #60
Suicane75
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Bah. Fakes.

lolno
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 07:00 PM   #61
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
morgan is very likable (very likeable)

Why yes she is and pleasant to look at as well......kinda underrated as a player in the game too.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 08:35 PM   #62
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

they are extremely distracting. there is no way I'd ever be able to look into her eyes if I met her in person. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd even say they are too big.
Old 04-04-2014, 08:42 PM   #63
Suicane75
Coordinator

lolno
Old 04-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #64
Autumn
Head Coach

That was a fantastic episode. Every season I'm surprised again to see how people let personal issues get between them and $1 million. Was Sarah annoying? Sure. But therefore you use that to get her voted out first when it comes to narrowing down the six. You don't vote her now. For such a "brain" Kass is playing emotionally and that just doesn't work.

That tribal council was just a series of "oh shits." I had to pause the show when Tony revealed he had an idol before they voted. Then I thought, oh okay, they think he's lying, this might be a good move, but then he pulls it out and shows it to them. Oh man. From that to the scramble to change the vote then LJ pulling out his, then the smart swap to Jefra, all to end with Kass's vote. I can't remember a more entertaining council.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 02:09 PM   #65
Autumn
Head Coach

Early in the show I thought Tony was crafty enough to get far, but he seems to have instantly switched over to being way too buddy buddy with his tribe. Odd.

I think Tasha has a really good shot. She seems to get the game.

At this point I think Kass has to try to ally with Trish and Jefra. if I'm here, those are the two I want to get to final three with, and both are emotional enough to probably make a poor choice of an alliance with her. It will be interesting to see what people do this next week now that they're broken up into some clumps. I imagine some frantic moves.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:10 PM   #66
Autumn
Head Coach

Woo might have saved himself, unwittingly, with that immunity challenge. But I'm not sure I would have won it if I were him, he's got a target painted on him now.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:13 PM   #67
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
they are extremely distracting. there is no way I'd ever be able to look into her eyes if I met her in person. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd even say they are too big.

+1

She's actually got a cute face when she covers up a bit and pulls her hair back. I think she looks much better like that. I thought Alexis was more of a looker overall.
Old 04-05-2014, 09:41 PM   #68
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:

Uh, say what? Not IMHO but to each his own.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:46 PM   #69
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think Tasha has a really good shot. She seems to get the game.

Huh? Tasha has no shot right now unless Kass flips back, which would make even less sense than her initial flip.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:34 AM   #70
Autumn
Head Coach

Numbers wise, Tasha is in a bad spot. I'm talking just about who has a head in the game without a target on her back.

I don't think the rest of the crowd is smart enough to assume the brain tribe is just going to get whittled down. Someone will do some stupid stuff. They always do.

To me Tasha and LJ appear to be the ones who get the game the most, but LJ stands out for being a physical player. If Tasha can make the rihgt moves I wouldn't be surprised to see her at the end.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:00 PM   #71
Scarecrow
College Prospect

I'm seriously rooting for a final of:

Kass
Tony
Woo

Last edited by Scarecrow : 05-14-2014 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Can't spell...
Scarecrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:26 PM   #72
Dutch
"Dutch"

Kas is playing a very unorthodox strategy....doubtful that she can survive to the end like this.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:31 PM   #73
Bisbo
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Kas is playing a very unorthodox strategy....doubtful that she can survive to the end like this.

Yes, her "strategy" is making dumb-ass moves, then trying to claim they were strategic after the fact.
Bisbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 08:55 PM   #74
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Looks like next week should be a good one (of course I've been disappointed by believing previews before).
Old 04-09-2014, 09:02 PM   #75
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I missed everything but the vote. WTF was kas thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post

I just think she is an idiot.

How she can't see that she is 6/6 in her own alliance AND pissed off all the jury members is beyond me.

Maybe she thinks that others will take her to the finale based off the fact that she won't get votes, but that strategy never works since if you do make the finals, you still get no votes.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:33 PM   #76
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I just think she is an idiot.

How she can't see that she is 6/6 in her own alliance AND pissed off all the jury members is beyond me.

Maybe she thinks that others will take her to the finale based off the fact that she won't get votes, but that strategy never works since if you do make the finals, you still get no votes.

I don't know why she didn't flop back, telling them that she just wanted to get rid of Sarah the previous tribal and that was the only reason she flipped. She went from a very strong chance at final 3 to 6th.

Hopefully Tony goes into super paranoid mode next week and things blow up for another fun tribal.
Old 04-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #77
Suicane75
Coordinator

The more I think about it, the more I'm liking Kasses strategy. Yes she's a target right now, but there is a lot of time left in this game and the alpha males, as indicated by the preview for next week, are going to start trying to pick each other off. She can hang back for a week or two, let Tony and another guy go into meltdown mode and assemble her alliance as the numbers dwindle. I think she's already got Jeffra in mind to take to the final 3. The hard part for her is getting rid of Spencer now that he has an idol. If she can take 2 uninspiring players with her to the final 3 she's got a much better chance to win than anyone is giving her credit for.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:12 AM   #78
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
If she can take 2 uninspiring players with her to the final 3 she's got a much better chance to win than anyone is giving her credit for.

I can see where Kass is going with her strategy, but if she wants two uninspiring players next to her at the end, she just willingly got rid of one. Actually not sure if there are two left now that Morgan's gone. Jefra and... ?? Not sure who else left fits that bill. Trish maybe? She's got some personality issues but is also building a pretty decent case to make at the finals herself.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:31 PM   #79
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Trish's case would be?

just not seeing it
Old 04-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #80
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Trish's case would be?

just not seeing it

I hate Trish, but she made the best move of the game so far in realizing that a) Sarah wouldn't flip and b) Kass would flip.

Old 04-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #81
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
The more I think about it, the more I'm liking Kasses strategy. Yes she's a target right now, but there is a lot of time left in this game and the alpha males, as indicated by the preview for next week, are going to start trying to pick each other off. She can hang back for a week or two, let Tony and another guy go into meltdown mode and assemble her alliance as the numbers dwindle. I think she's already got Jeffra in mind to take to the final 3. The hard part for her is getting rid of Spencer now that he has an idol. If she can take 2 uninspiring players with her to the final 3 she's got a much better chance to win than anyone is giving her credit for.

She's not playing with strategy. Her last two votes were based on how much she didn't like the person. If her goal is to get to the end with two uninspiring players, then she just voted out maybe the only player who she could beat in the final tribal council. Spencer, Tasha, Sarah, Morgan, and Jeremiah are 100% not voting for her.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #82
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Great tribal council!

Ballsy move from Spencer to not play his idol.

Interesting power play from Tony. He got rid of a big competitor, but he may have exposed himself too much. Can he avoid blowback?

Old 04-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #83
Simbo Klice
High School Varsity

I wonder if Tony and Woo stick with the minority 3 now. I don't see the others accepting them back in.
Simbo Klice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:07 PM   #84
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbo Klice View Post
I wonder if Tony and Woo stick with the minority 3 now. I don't see the others accepting them back in.

Well the problem is right now they are a minority two no matter which way they go.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:09 PM   #85
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think it depends on who Tony goes with to the final 3 if he makes it that far.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:35 AM   #86
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, tony's put himself in a very tough spot. Woo too. Will the other three take them back after that? Not particularly likely, but depends how much backbone Trish shows. However, the other three are not going to back Tony up. more in their favor to help the others vote out Tony and Woo.

If Kass is smart she'll get trish and Jeffra to align with her. that's a good duo for her to try to take to the end. Spencer and Tasha have to be worrying about getting to the end together though, so I think we'll see one of them trying to get clever.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:36 AM   #87
Autumn
Head Coach

And we haven't seen anyone looking for the 'special' idol, no? Do we think that's gone now?
Old 04-18-2014, 10:39 AM   #88
Autumn
Head Coach

And some great faces from the jury during council. Looks like Kass and Tony do not have friendly faces there at the moment.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #89
Autumn
Head Coach

quaddola

I really thought LJ was a craftier player than that. Both he and woo shocked me with how easily they fell for Tony's lies. Do they not realize the game they're playing? When someone tells you something, you don't just swallow it. Amazing.
Old 04-18-2014, 11:06 PM   #90
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
quaddola

I really thought LJ was a craftier player than that. Both he and woo shocked me with how easily they fell for Tony's lies. Do they not realize the game they're playing? When someone tells you something, you don't just swallow it. Amazing.

Don't we see that every season though?
Old 04-19-2014, 05:10 PM   #91
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, I just had formed the opinion LJ was smarter than that. Guess not!

I must say Jeff's questions at tribal were masterful. Looking back LJ will realize he was basically telling him what was happening. "LJ, tell me how good you are at knowing how loyal and trustworthy someone is." "tony, what do you do for work ..." lol
Old 04-25-2014, 09:48 AM   #92
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, I was disappointed by that tribal council. I had my hopes up when Jefra looked like she was going to swap, but then she wimped out. That's a bad move for her, I think. I was waiting for hte fallout this episode from Tony's move, but Trish was immediately like "oh I trust Tony, I forgive him," and surprisingly Kass wasn't interested in swapping.

What about Tony pulling out that idol and then trying to pretend he hadn't? On the one hand the guy's kind of a dunce, but on the other hand I have to give it to him for being one of the few really playing the game full out. I thought I was going to lose it when he built that spy shack.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:50 AM   #93
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Well, I was disappointed by that tribal council. I had my hopes up when Jefra looked like she was going to swap, but then she wimped out. That's a bad move for her, I think. I was waiting for hte fallout this episode from Tony's move, but Trish was immediately like "oh I trust Tony, I forgive him," and surprisingly Kass wasn't interested in swapping.

What about Tony pulling out that idol and then trying to pretend he hadn't? On the one hand the guy's kind of a dunce, but on the other hand I have to give it to him for being one of the few really playing the game full out. I thought I was going to lose it when he built that spy shack.

He would have my vote
Old 04-25-2014, 09:55 AM   #94
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah, he's clearly the frontrunner, though a lot of hte jury doesn't like him. So if someone else wants to win they have to be able to lay claim to some sort of move they've made. that's why i think it was stupid for Jefra to wimp out. She could have said "I'm the one who got Tony out." what's she going to say now?
Old 04-25-2014, 10:39 AM   #95
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Tony is definitely playing a great game.

meanwhile, great call by Cass guessing that Spenser had the idol. If she hadn't guessed that way, Wu would be gone and it would be 4-4.

too bad the brains had such awful players at the beginning - Spenser and Tasha have been handcuffed pretty much from day one.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:17 PM   #96
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Tony having the "special" idol is kind of a suspense-killer, no? They've built the whole season around him, which usually set sup a "he'll get his" moment at some point, but having that idol basically makes him untouchable in the short-term.

I guess it's possible that he's dumb enough to reveal what the idol does, especially since he already showed it. That would set up a pretty obvious "split the vote" type move by everyone else.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:22 PM   #97
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Not sure why the group of three didn't try looking for that one.
Old 04-26-2014, 05:25 AM   #98
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I normally don't like the idols that much but they can create some good strategy and suspense at times. Or fairly comic moments at other times... but this special idol I just really despise. I am afraid that it is going to take a little luster away from what so far has been a pretty good season.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:21 PM   #99
Autumn
Head Coach

Yeah that idol seems a bit much. I wonder if everybody really stopped looking for it, or if they just didn't show us anyone else.
Old 04-26-2014, 07:26 PM   #100
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah that idol seems a bit much. I wonder if everybody really stopped looking for it, or if they just didn't show us anyone else.

Hard to tell with the editing of that show.

If you believed the previews this past week you would have been expecting a major Tony meltdown but that never seemed to happen.