Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > FOFC Hosted Multiplayer Leagues > The Front Office Offseason League (FOFC's OOTP House League)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-19-2008, 11:30 PM   #51
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Saturday, September 13th, 1980
Long Island Violators: SP M. Esparza (AAA Phillipsburg) retires.
Long Island Violators: RF M. Plummer (AAA Phillipsburg) retires.
Rio Grande Roadrunners: RF G. Sánchez (AAA Brownsville) retires.
New York Panthers: MR L. Woodward (AAA Newark) retires.

Wednesday, September 17th, 1980
New York Panthers: Signed LF C. Romero to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $4,350,000.
Columbus Crusaders: Signed free agent SP E. Braun to a 3-year contract worth a total of $1,200,000.
New York Panthers: Signed free agent C J. Colón to a 3-year contract worth a total of $870,000.

Thursday, September 18th, 1980
New York Panthers: Signed MR T. Watanabe to a minor league contract extension.
Colorado Rancheros: Signed MR H. Clark to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $5,600,000.

Friday, September 19th, 1980
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed CF J. Gonzáles to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,170,000.

Saturday, September 20th, 1980
New York Panthers: Signed 2B É. Beauvais to a minor league contract extension.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed SS J. Gonzáles to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $12,955,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed CF P. Castillo to a minor league contract extension.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed 1B J. Poe to a 4-year contract extension worth a total of $22,900,000.
New York Panthers: Signed MR A. López to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $420,000.

Sunday, September 21st, 1980
Baltimore Gothams: Signed SP C. Siago to a minor league contract extension.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed SP T. León to a minor league contract extension.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed SP J. Valenzuela to a minor league contract extension.
Atlanta Firecrackers: Signed 1B E. Cherry to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,020,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed 3B J. Reeves to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $530,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed SP J. Parks to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $990,000.
New York Panthers: Signed C A. Villanueva to a minor league contract extension.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed C S. MacQueen to a 3-year contract extension worth a total of $1,020,000.
New York Panthers: Signed CL M. Conley to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $2,620,000.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed MR D. Webb to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $3,690,000.
Baltimore Gothams: Signed C M. Peet to a minor league contract extension.
Napa Valley Winemakers: Signed 2B R. Bennett to a minor league contract extension.
New York Panthers: Signed 1B K. Manning to a minor league contract extension.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:31 PM   #52
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

No All-star game this year because the schedule really hated me. It might actually still run, and if it does, it will be next sim oddly enough.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:36 PM   #53
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Ah, yes, I remember that whole situation, although I didn't realize it was Poole. I, of course, know about the redheaded stepchild, who we got updates on from you every now and then.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:45 PM   #54
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

New file is up!

Old 10-20-2008, 12:02 AM   #55
Tasan
College Starter

Great series, good job muns! I was rooting for Atlanta though, because, say it with me everyone, I HATE HARTFORD!

;- )
Old 10-20-2008, 12:04 AM   #56
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Uh oh...potential issue, Alan.

You didn't advance far enough (I am guessing) to trigger the option emails. So those of us who have options to exercise, who want to do so to resign other players on their final years, this could be an issue. I don't know what date DC went to, but I guess it was a little after the FOOL Classic.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:17 AM   #57
Tasan
College Starter

Rules clarification:

I can release anyone I want right now as long as they are making less than 5 million, right?

Just a repeat, to make sure I get an answer.
Old 10-20-2008, 12:31 AM   #58
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tasan View Post
Rules clarification:

I can release anyone I want right now as long as they are making less than 5 million, right?

I believe so, yes. BTW, you probably should have released them before the FOOL Classic.

As for the options issue, I don't think it is an issue unless you want to keep them. And that's not even an issue, because I think the game defaults to keeping them if you don't do anything with the option email. If you want to void the last year, you can just cut them, as the game automatically assumes then that you're voiding the last contract year.

I guess it's an issue if you want to void an option and re-negotiate. I know some wanted to address this issue with the financial changes, but I don't recall it being a part of the final version.

I did, however, find one other major issue, and I don't know if it's just me or everyone. I was able to offer extensions past $65 M. I thought it was odd that the game allowed me to match Miguel Vazquez's extension demand (the owner gave approval), even though the annual figure was higher than what I had left. I since have cut someone and have plenty of room to meet the extension figure now, but I thought Alan should know.

Since I won't be around tomorrow, I will have to export with this file, so I hope a new file (assuming one is coming) doesn't screw up me export.

Old 10-20-2008, 12:41 AM   #59
Tasan
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I believe so, yes. BTW, you probably should have released them before the FOOL Classic.

We still have our money through this next sim though, right? It still shows in my financials.

If not, I'm a little peeved, because I asked this question last night and nobody responded.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:40 AM   #60
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Rules clarification:

Players making $5 million or more can only be released in the final year of their contract. Players making less than $5million can be released at any time.

Regarding the issue that Chief brought up, I need to re-issue the file this morning. I didn't advance the days far enough. I'll import anyone's file that has already submitted it first however and then say when the new file is up. Should be about an hour. Sorry about that.

Old 10-20-2008, 07:16 AM   #61
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok a new file is up, my apologies for the complications. Please download the new file as it has what you need in terms of the player options being available to exercise. I received both Colorado and Atlanta's exports, and both teams have player options that I will contact them individually regarding to make sure they aren't missed because of my mistake. I also reviewed both teams to ensure no advantage of having a second export would occur, and none appears to.

Summary: Please re-download this morning's league file

Old 10-20-2008, 07:39 AM   #62
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

There won't be a second export from me, since I already exported, and don't have time to load the game up. I just cut the players with options that I didn't want to keep, so everyone left with an option, please exercise their option to keep them.

Were you able to address the issue I saw where I was able to offer more than the cap to players? Was that just me, or was that all around? Or was that just because of the game date?

Old 10-20-2008, 07:51 AM   #63
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
There won't be a second export from me, since I already exported, and don't have time to load the game up. I just cut the players with options that I didn't want to keep, so everyone left with an option, please exercise their option to keep them.

Were you able to address the issue I saw where I was able to offer more than the cap to players? Was that just me, or was that all around? Or was that just because of the game date?

Probably because of the game date, I had to move it forward one more day then where it was. So offers were being seen as present year versus next year.

I'll send you an email today with what i see for your offers to make sure your team doesn't get messed up because of my mistake.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #64
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Hartford was lucky!

J/K, muns, congratulations on your championship. I knew it would be an uphill climb to get this one, even with my power advantages. Those pitchers are just too tough to beat.

Good job by you Chief as well as I mentioned that in another thread. You have made quite an impact here and continue to be a fantastic GM. Looking forward to another Rematch at some point!!!
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 06:04 PM   #65
muns
Pro Starter

Quote:
Great series, good job muns! I was rooting for Atlanta though, because, say it with me everyone, I HATE HARTFORD!

;- )

lol i love it and the SIG as well!!!

Last edited by muns : 10-20-2008 at 06:05 PM.
muns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 07:44 PM   #66
TimGuru
High School Varsity

Quote:
New York Panthers: Signed LF C. Romero to a 2-year contract extension worth a total of $4,350,000.

My future is secure. No exp from me tonight.
TimGuru is offline   Reply With Quote