Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2009, 10:44 AM   #51
spleen1015
Coordinator

DVD has a better picture quality than VHS, but I think the big difference to consumers was how drastic a change DVD was outside of picture quality. You don't have to rewind a DVD.

Other than picture quality, there's not much difference between DVD and BR. With BR being much more expensive, I don't see it being a medium for the average consumer for a while.

spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #52
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

There threads are like a broken record in a lot of ways.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:24 AM   #53
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
You missed my point. People are buying cheap, big TVs. They care more about size and bright colors than they do about perfect picture. These cheap TVs don't even come close to doing DVDs justice let along Blu-Ray. That level of picture quality just isn't that important. That is why the quality difference between Blu-Ray and streaming HD won't matter.

My neighbor bought a really cheap HDTV. It looks like garbage if you pass the signal from the cable receiver as-is, but if you let the cable receiver do all the scaling (tell it to send a 720P signal which is the TV's native) it looks just fine. Of course most folks don't understand things like scalers and get screwed by it.
Old 04-26-2009, 11:27 AM   #54
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
DVD has a better picture quality than VHS, but I think the big difference to consumers was how drastic a change DVD was outside of picture quality. You don't have to rewind a DVD.

Other than picture quality, there's not much difference between DVD and BR. With BR being much more expensive, I don't see it being a medium for the average consumer for a while.

That's how I see it. When DVDs came out, I was blown away. Much better picture, no rewinding, bonus features, and about half the size.

I'm someone who owns about 100 DVDs. I stopped buying them about a year ago when I started getting into Netflix. I just didn't see the point anymore. Now Netflix offers a Blu-Ray option, but it's about $4 more a month and I honestly don't see enough of a difference to justify it. Perhaps if I had a really expensive TV it would matter, but I'd rather have the $50 a year in my pocket.

The point is that Blu-Ray isn't much of an upgrade. It's a slightly better picture and that's it. Is that worth the extra $5 per movie? I don't think so. Now I'm sure there are movie buffs who do find it worth it and that's great. But the average consumer won't and it will struggle for awhile. By the time it does come around for the average consumer, I think digital technology will be there to destroy it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:43 AM   #55
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I think DVD -> Blu-Ray is as big a jump if not more so than DVD -> VHS if talking about picture quality only. It's more than "slightly better."
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #56
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

All I know is dish network 1080p movies are fantastic. We don't buy movies because I'm not big on watching them more than once.. so I doubt I'll ever own a blue ray player.. unless it's part of a console that I really want.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 01:55 PM   #57
MJ4H
Coordinator

Here are some games I'm looking forward to for Wii this year:

1. Metroid Prime New Play Control
2. The Conduit
3. Cave Story
4. Guitar Hero: Smash Hits & Rock Band 2 Beatles
5. Tiger Woods 10
6. Grand Slam Tennis
7. Punch-Out!!
8. Klonoa
9. Wii Sports Resort
10.Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
11.TMNT: Smash Up
12.Tecmo Bowl Wii

(not in any particular order)

Those sports games I'm most looking forward to because I hear good things about Wii Motion Plus and its use in them.

Last edited by MJ4H : 04-26-2009 at 01:56 PM.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:00 PM   #58
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Punch Out is easily the top of my list for this year

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 02:03 PM   #59
spleen1015
Coordinator

I didn't know they were giving Metroid Prime the New Play Control treatment. I'm all over that.
Old 04-26-2009, 02:04 PM   #60
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
I didn't know they were giving Metroid Prime the New Play Control treatment. I'm all over that.

It's already out in Japan and apparently is great. I can't wait for that one. I still like MP1 better than MP3. The controls for 3 are waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better though. Best of both worlds for me.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 04:05 PM   #61
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

And not only did DVD have better quality, it also didn't lose quality after playing it so many times. There are some VHS tapes I had that I watched (or just played for background noise) so many times, the top 1/3rd of the screen is stretched and distorted.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 12:55 PM   #62
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Add me as plus 1 to the PS3 numbers for April as my wife bought me one for our anniversary. The Rocketfish Controller recharger is odd looking. Are there any issues with it? I seem to remember that some charger was damaging controllers but could be suffering from faulty memory.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:02 AM   #63
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I REALLY hope Nintendo execs don't start with the 'insert foot in mouth' comments. They should leave that to Sony and MS and just keep selling Wii's...........

Kotaku - What Is Nintendo's Game Plan? - Nintendo

Quote:
Then there's this: "In the challenging and competitive gaming industry, which consistently requires new and innovative products, Nintendo will strive to expand its business and increase revenue and profit by capitalizing on being the only hardware platform producer with powerful in-house software development teams."

Really? It wouldn't be difficult at all to argue that they've been the weakest of the three console makers over the past 12-18 months in regards to in-house releases.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-07-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #64
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I REALLY hope Nintendo execs don't start with the 'insert foot in mouth' comments. They should leave that to Sony and MS and just keep selling Wii's...........

Kotaku - What Is Nintendo's Game Plan? - Nintendo

Really? It wouldn't be difficult at all to argue that they've been the weakest of the three console makers over the past 12-18 months in regards to in-house releases.

O RLY?

According to the list on the first page there are 5 (4 if you discount Wii Play) In-House games in the top-20 for the month.

I don't care how long ago they were released, they clearly have the most powerful in-house development team. To argue otherwise is insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #65
spleen1015
Coordinator

You crack me up. Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated in-house developed game on all of the consoles. It is right on your 18 month time frame.

If having the best is the weakest, then I guess you're right.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:17 AM   #66
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
O RLY?

According to the list on the first page there are 5 (4 if you discount Wii Play) In-House games in the top-20 for the month.

I don't care how long ago they were released, they clearly have the most powerful in-house development team. To argue otherwise is insane.

It's not insane at all. The creative mind behind Mario and other games has already admitted that Nintendo has released all new-idea games they had planned in house for the Wii. Wii Music was the final one. The fact that the old games are popping up is a testament to the continued sales of the console and the relative lack of anything good or innovative being released of late. They may have been on their game early on in the console life, but they're laying eggs of late.

Quote:
You crack me up. Super Mario Galaxy is the highest rated in-house developed game on all of the consoles. It is right on your 18 month time frame.

If having the best is the weakest, then I guess you're right.

Exactly. Hence the reason I said 18 months.

Sony and Microsoft have released several very good in-house releases during that timeframe. Nintendo, not so much.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:18 AM   #67
spleen1015
Coordinator

You can say all you want about them having used all of their ideas. You can bet that the next Mario, Zelda and Metroid are being worked on. All 3 of those games will be better than anything Sony can develop.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:36 AM   #68
wade moore
lolzcat

You're so funny MBBF.

Show me something concrete that says that there is another in-house development team that is stronger than Nintendo. Give me some concrete example. Sales numbers. Game Ratings. Something.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #69
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
You can say all you want about them having used all of their ideas. You can bet that the next Mario, Zelda and Metroid are being worked on. All 3 of those games will be better than anything Sony can develop.

And when/if those are released, then will talk. But there's no question that the lack of first-party titles recently is a concerning situation.

We'll see what comes out of E3. If we get some big first-party announcements, then it's likely that they just decided to milk the cash cow for a year and little else. If we get a repeat of last year's E3 presentation from Nintendo, then it's a big issue.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:42 AM   #70
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
You're so funny MBBF.

Show me something concrete that says that there is another in-house development team that is stronger than Nintendo. Give me some concrete example. Sales numbers. Game Ratings. Something.

I said of late, not overall. There's no question that Nintendo is the best of the three from a sales perspective, but that wasn't what was being questioned. There's been nothing coming out of Nintendo over the past 12-18 months. As I mentioned, it may be that they're just eating up profits (albeit at a reduced rate this year) and waiting to release another game until next year. Nintendo obviously didn't expect this generation to last nearly as long as it likely will. As a result, they blew their load early and now have to create some alternative plans to fill out the second half of this generation's life cycle.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 AM   #71
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Exactly which in-house developed Sony and Microsoft titles are you saying are stronger than the Nintendo in-house developed stuff? MLB The Show is exactly ONE example, we need more to counter Mario, Zelda, etc.

Last edited by gstelmack : 05-07-2009 at 08:44 AM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:45 AM   #72
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Nintendo's published games (I'm talking quality not sales, retail releases on current-gen home consoles) have been better than Sony's or Microsoft's over the course of the generation. Over the past 18 months though and it's not so clear.

Each system had one of its best games (Mario Galaxy, Uncharted, Mass Effect) come out in November 07, right on the 18 month line.

Nintendo: Super Mario Galaxy, Endless Ocean, Smash Bros., Mario Kart, Wii Fit, Mario Super Sluggers, Wario Land Shake It, Wii Music, Animal Crossing, two Gamecube ports, Excitebots.

Sony: Uncharted, Buzz Quiz TV, Hot Shots Golf 5, GT5 Prologue, the Show 08 and 09, NBA Inside 09, two Singstar games, LittleBigPlanet, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, Resistance 2, SOCOM, Killzone 2

Microsoft: Mass Effect, Gears 2, Fable 2, Banjo: Nuts and Bolts, Kingdom Under Fire, Lips, Lost Odyssey, Ninja Gaiden 2, Scene it, Too Human, Viva Pinata 2, Halo Wars, Ninja Blade

Personally none of them are all that great. Nintendo just shades it for me but taste is subjective.

Quote:

God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5 will probably be quite good when they come out someday.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:49 AM   #73
gstelmack
Pro Starter

This is in-house development. Most of the Sony/Microsoft games you mention may have been published by them but were not developed by them. Gears 2 was Epic, for example.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:51 AM   #74
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
This is in-house development. Most of the Sony/Microsoft games you mention may have been published by them but were not developed by them. Gears 2 was Epic, for example.

Very good point. They may be trying to split hairs with that comment to justify its accuracy, thought that's the kind of thing that Sony and MS have done in previous PR releases that has come off as so disingenous.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:52 AM   #75
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Very good point. They may be trying to split hairs with that comment to justify its accuracy, thought that's the kind of thing that Sony and MS have done in previous PR releases that has come off as so disingenous.

Split hairs?

It's pretty cut-and-dry. He said they have a superior in-house development team. They do. I'm not sure where the confusion is here. If the games were not developed in-house, they're not part of the in-house development team.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2009, 08:54 AM   #76
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Split hairs?

It's pretty cut-and-dry. He said they have a superior in-house development team. They do. I'm not sure where the confusion is here. If the games were not developed in-house, they're not part of the in-house development team.

You're missing the point of his post. Since Nintendo hasn't published any in-house developed games in the last 12-18 months, then Nintendo sucks. Forget the rest of this generation. We're ignoring it. /rolleyes
Old 05-07-2009, 08:57 AM   #77
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Yeah I just posted anything with one of the big three as a publisher. In that case Excitebots, Mario Super Sluggers, Wario Land, and Endless Ocean were made by other companies ala Gears 2 from the Nintendo list.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 AM   #78
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
God of War 3 and Gran Turismo 5 will probably be quite good when they come out someday.

Both are slated for November of this year (edit: the GOW3 release date is only rumored). I have a hard time thinking of a scenario this fall where Nintendo or Microsoft have a better 1-2 punch in regards to games.

The big three all appear to have bullets in the chamber for this fall. Nintendo and Sony will both likely have a price cut. Rumor in regards to Xbox is a new Elite with a substantial (i.e. 250-300 GB) hard drive that plays to their 'install your game on the hard drive'/'download movies' mantra. It should make for a good holiday season to make up for the relatively slow start this year.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-07-2009 at 09:14 AM.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #79
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
You're missing the point of his post. Since Nintendo hasn't published any in-house developed games in the last 12-18 months, then Nintendo sucks. Forget the rest of this generation. We're ignoring it. /rolleyes

Which is, of course, not what I said.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 AM   #80
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Split hairs?

Yes, but he's asserting a weak point that doesn't acknowledge the realities of the industry. Sony and Microsoft both use smaller companies to create their exclusive software content. Although it is technically correct to say that they aren't 'in-house', it's silly to claim some sort of absolute victory based on that small difference. Is anyone under the illusion that developers like Naughty Dog aren't Sony developers? The only real difference is the business arrangement.
Old 05-07-2009, 10:48 PM   #81
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Nintendo's updated sales numbers for certain million selling Wii and DS games:

DS
Wii

New Super Mario Bros., Mario Kart DS, Mario Kart Wii, and Wii Play show no signs of stopping. Look at the numbers Nintendo, we want another 2D Mario game. New Super Mario World kthx

SMG is over eight million

101.8m DS sold

50.4m Wii sold

Nintendo Investor Relations Information
Old 05-08-2009, 07:29 AM   #82
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Look at the numbers Nintendo, we want another 2D Mario game. New Super Mario World.

QFT. I played that game a lot on the DS. Lots of fun despite essentially being the same game we played 20 years ago.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:31 AM   #83
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Not sure how it's "essentially the same game" with all new levels and some new gameplay mechanics just because it's a 2D platformer with Mario in it. Unless you'd say Killzone 2 is essentially the same game as Halo 3 because you're in space running around aiming an analog stick to kill people.

Some lifetime sales numbers from Capcom's fiscal year report:

Resident Evil 5: 4.4m (third highest selling Capcom game ever behind Street Fighter 2 and RE2)
Street Fighter IV: 2.5m
Dead Rising: 1.5m
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles - 1.2m

Capcom's site for the numbers
Old 05-08-2009, 08:40 AM   #84
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Not sure how it's "essentially the same game" with all new levels and some new gameplay mechanics just because it's a 2D platformer with Mario in it.

It's basically a 'Director's Cut' of the original game. Quit acting all defensive. It's a great game that's a lot of fun. There's nothing wrong with that.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:46 AM   #85
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It's basically a 'Director's Cut' of the original game. Quit acting all defensive. It's a great game that's a lot of fun. There's nothing wrong with that.

Are you talking about the Super Mario World (as part of the Super Mario Advance series) that came out on the GBA?

SI

Old 05-08-2009, 08:50 AM   #86
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Are you talking about the Super Mario World (as part of the Super Mario Advance series) that came out on the GBA?

SI

No, the one on the DS that was a upgraded version of the game.

Edit: This one........

http://www.amazon.com/New-Super-Mari...1790726&sr=8-2

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-08-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:57 AM   #87
KWhit
Coordinator

I thought MBBF's proof that NIntendo sucked was that there were no good 3rd party games and the only successes were 1st party games?

Now it's that their 1st party development sucks?

I'm getting dizzy from the Sony spin he keeps spouting.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 09:05 AM   #88
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
No, the one on the DS that was a upgraded version of the game.

Edit: This one........

Amazon.com: New Super Mario Bros.: Nintendo DS: Video Games

Uh, no. A spiritual successor to SMB3 maybe. But calling it a director's cut of Mario World is just ignorant.

SI

Old 05-08-2009, 09:21 AM   #89
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
I thought MBBF's proof that NIntendo sucked was that there were no good 3rd party games and the only successes were 1st party games?

Now it's that their 1st party development sucks?

I'm getting dizzy from the Sony spin he keeps spouting.

LOL....this is incredible. I'm not even sure people are reading my posts anymore. I said I played New Super Mario Bros. and thought it was a great game and was hoping for another one. And that was translated to say it sucked? This is fabulous.

I get the distinct impression people want a villian around her. Even my compliments are spun into a criticism.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:40 AM   #90
KWhit
Coordinator

I could have sworn I saw about 5-6 posts by you on this thread indicating that Nintendo's 1st party games were an issue for them.

Must be another guy posting under your screen name.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:46 AM   #91
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I could have sworn I saw about 5-6 posts by you on this thread indicating that Nintendo's 1st party games were an issue for them.

Must be another guy posting under your screen name.

I said over the last 12-18 months and the discussion was specifically about the Wii. That's a whole different topic.

Once again, if you need a villian, I'm your Huckleberry. But don't act like I was smearing a game when I say it's a great game and I want a sequel for it.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #92
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
LOL....this is incredible. I'm not even sure people are reading my posts anymore. I said I played New Super Mario Bros. and thought it was a great game and was hoping for another one. And that was translated to say it sucked? This is fabulous.

I get the distinct impression people want a villian around her. Even my compliments are spun into a criticism.

We read them just fine. Both of your compliments were backhanded.

Quote:
QFT. I played that game a lot on the DS. Lots of fun despite essentially being the same game we played 20 years ago.

Quote:

Yes, it was lots of fun- you said that both times. But you can't help yourself- "It's fun, but it's the same game"- both times.

You do a great feigning hurt, tho- it's always amusing.

SI

Old 05-08-2009, 10:08 AM   #93
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I said over the last 12-18 months and the discussion was specifically about the Wii. That's a whole different topic.

Once again, if you need a villian, I'm your Huckleberry. But don't act like I was smearing a game when I say it's a great game and I want a sequel for it.

I wasn't talking about your posts about the DS games. I was talking about your flip flop on the "problems" with the Wii. For months (years?) you claimed that the real problem with the Wii was the fact that the 1st party games sold great, but 3rd party support sucked. Now you're saying that Nintendo-developed Wii games are the problem.

When in reality, it appears that you're just floundering around trying to find issues where there aren't any.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:14 AM   #94
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I wasn't talking about your posts about the DS games. I was talking about your flip flop on the "problems" with the Wii. For months (years?) you claimed that the real problem with the Wii was the fact that the 1st party games sold great, but 3rd party support sucked. Now you're saying that Nintendo-developed Wii games are the problem.

When in reality, it appears that you're just floundering around trying to find issues where there aren't any.

Which is totally incorrect. Third party is still a big problem, but when you add in the fact that the 1st party well has run dry in recent months, it's an even bigger issue and only amplifies the existing third party issues.

As for the mischaracterizations of my compliments about the Mario Brothers game, I stand behind my compliments of the game. It's a great game. The same things could be said of Siren or the Street Fighter II HD game, but that doesn't change the fact that they are great games despite being 'Director's Cut' versions of the game. Sometimes a facelift can do far more than reinventing the wheel.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-08-2009 at 10:15 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:26 AM   #95
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

If stating a fact is "acting all defensive" then so be it. New Super Mario Bros. is a new game and not a remake or director's cut of any previous Mario game, regardless of your enjoyment or lack thereof.

And actually, even though the game was good, there is room for improvement in my opinion. While it's unlikely Nintendo will go back to sprites after people seemingly liked the 2.5D look so much, I'd like to trade the mini-mushroom and the super shell for a feather, Yoshi, and some more difficult levels. Or if they don't want to go that far, even one that took some of the mechanics from Super Mario Bros. 2 (throwing stuff at enemies to kill them, select a player before each level, the slot machine at the end) could be cool.
Old 05-08-2009, 10:29 AM   #96
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

But, their first party games have sold more than ANY OTHER GAMES in that time period. In what bizarro world is that a problem for them?

They have released at least 3 top selling 1st party games in the last 18 months. They are about to release the game that will be the best selling console single SKU title of all time. How is their first party games division hurting again?
Old 05-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #97
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

In MBBF's defense Nintendo's recent big releases like Animal Crossing: City Folk and Wii Music have not done as well as Smash Bros., Galaxy, Mario Kart, Wii Play, Wii Fit, and Zelda: Twilight Princess despite selling a few million copies.

For the rest of the year we know Wii Sports Resort, Punch-Out!!!, and Sin and Punishment 2. Aside from WSR we might have to wait until E3 to hear about software that could sell like Wii Play, Mario Kart, etc.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:00 AM   #98
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
In MBBF's defense Nintendo's recent big releases like Animal Crossing: City Folk and Wii Music have not done as well as Smash Bros., Galaxy, Mario Kart, Wii Play, Wii Fit, and Zelda: Twilight Princess despite selling a few million copies.

Which is exactly my point. Comparison of Wii software sales to what the other two consoles are doing software sales-wise is silly at this point. Saying some of the Wii games recently released are selling more copies than a PS3 game is somewhat like an Obama supporter saying he's performing better than Bush. Yeah, probably so, but is that the achievement bar that you really want to set to declare success?

My answer is no. The recent games haven't performed nearly to Nintendo's expectations and they haven't followed them up with anything of note to rectify the situation.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 05-08-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #99
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:

For the rest of the year we know Wii Sports Resort, Punch-Out!!!, and Sin and Punishment 2. Aside from WSR we might have to wait until E3 to hear about software that could sell like Wii Play, Mario Kart, etc.

Right, but 3 of those huge titles have been released in the time period he claims Nintendo has produced no in house titles. March, April and May of 2008 gave us Smash Bros, Mario Kart and Wii Fit. Galaxy was only released 18 months ago.

They do also have the two most promising in-house developed titles coming out in the next few weeks/months.

The only thing remotely discouraging for Nintendo regarding in house development is the non blockbuster hit status of Wii Music.
Old 05-08-2009, 11:23 AM   #100
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Fun stuff out of Ubisoft. Joel McHale (host of E!'s Soup show) will be the MC at Ubisoft's E3 press conference. Should be entertaining. Certainly better that listening to an exec.