Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-28-2009, 11:47 AM   #51
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
I am a little surprised that JiMGa is on anyone's list. Unless you just can't stand hearing opinions that are different from yours, his posts are always well written and reasonably argued.

They're certainly well written.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.

Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:48 AM   #52
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I am a little surprised that JiMGa is on anyone's list. Unless you just can't stand hearing opinions that are different from yours, his posts are always well written and reasonably argued.

HE'S A WITCH! BUR-- IGNORE HIM!

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #53
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
I just clicked on my ignore/buddy list thing in the user cp. Of course my ignore list is empty, but what the heck is the Buddy List and what purpose does it serve? And why is the only one on mine INDalltheway when I don't even remember adding him. Don't get me wrong, he's my buddy, but I'm still confused.

Well, the way I had it told to me is that there was this one night. You were drunk and...

SI

Old 08-28-2009, 11:56 AM   #54
MikeVic
Head Coach

I only have astrosfan64 on my ignore list. I forget why I put him on there though.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:59 AM   #55
Dutch
"Dutch"

So who's least ignored?
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #56
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Well, the way I had it told to me is that there was this one night. You were drunk and...

SI
That's how my worst and greatest achievements always start.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:07 PM   #57
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

This thread inspired me to place a member of this board on my ignore list for the first time.

!abi

Damn guy just gets under my skin.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:15 PM   #58
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
This thread inspired me to place a member of this board on my ignore list for the first time.

!abi

I think everyone on the board should put him on their ignore list.

I broke my anti-ignore rule and put him there. Fuck him.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 PM   #59
spleen1015
Coordinator

I don't have anyone on ignore, but you guys don't give a fuck.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #60
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Pumpy is on my list.

Twice.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:33 PM   #61
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post

!abi

Added!

And as it turns out, I did have one guy on ignore:

Braggadocioussss
Old 08-28-2009, 12:41 PM   #62
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Added!

And as it turns out, I did have one guy on ignore:

Braggadocioussss

I remember him. That was an interesting time. I think he was posting racist stuff and put up a swastika at one point.

I've also heard that he might still be around with a different name.
Old 08-28-2009, 12:56 PM   #63
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I remember him. That was an interesting time. I think he was posting racist stuff and put up a swastika at one point.

I've also heard that he might still be around with a different name.

I heard if you say his name three times in front of a mirror, he shows up and takes your soul to Hell.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:05 PM   #64
MJ4H
Coordinator

i heard he was all-county in 1995
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:07 PM   #65
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I hear he makes a great german potato salad.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:13 PM   #66
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Speaking of german food, anyone around here like 'raw hack' or 'cooked cheese'. Mmmmm-mmmmm good.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:14 PM   #67
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Jon was briefly on my ignore list back in the day when it seemed like every post got my lilly-livered liberal-egghead communist blood boiling and I did it just so I wouldn't go Barney Frank on his ass and get myself boxed. But I echo what you said completely -- I may not always agree with Jon but his views strike me as sincere and well-thought out and I respect that. I eventually dropped the ignore because I found myself clicking on this posts all the time because I wanted to see what he had to say. We even agree much more these days than we used to. We both must be getting soft in our old age.

The antithesis of a guy like Jon are the people on my ignore list -- people who I don't believe are sincere and nothing they ever had to say was well thought out. Two are on the top 5 list and SportsDigs had the other two weeks ago. The_meanstrosity is there because he's a fuckin' Jayhawk asshat.

Last edited by kcchief19 : 08-28-2009 at 01:21 PM.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:18 PM   #68
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I think it's sad that a couple of the guys on that list (read: MBBF and Render) are somehow trying to convince themselves that they should be proud. Congrats guys, lots of your peers think you're so douchey and grating that they went out of their way to make sure they never heard from you again. Certainly something to feel good about.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:19 PM   #69
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Woot, I didn't make the top 5!
Old 08-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #70
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidatelo View Post
I think it's sad that a couple of the guys on that list (read: MBBF and Render) are somehow trying to convince themselves that they should be proud. Congrats guys, lots of your peers think you're so douchey and grating that they went out of their way to make sure they never heard from you again. Certainly something to feel good about.

Your sarcasm meter is broken. You might want to get that looked at.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:21 PM   #71
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Pumpy is on my list.

Twice.
And you are two notches in my bedpost. Wanna go for three?
Old 08-28-2009, 01:29 PM   #72
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
And you are two notches in my bedpost. Wanna go for three?

I was just joking. How could I possibly block Big Poppa Pumpy? He gave new meaning to the word "patience" in our NCAA leagues.

Pumpy Tudors, I love you. What are your thoughts on interracial same-sex marriages?

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 08-28-2009 at 01:30 PM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:47 PM   #73
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post

I was just joking. How could I possibly block Big Poppa Pumpy? He gave new meaning to the word "patience" in our NCAA leagues.

Pumpy Tudors, I love you. What are your thoughts on interracial same-sex marriages?
I'm already in five interracial same-sex marriages, but I guess those two Japanese guys, the two Latinos, and the polar bear won't mind someone else joining the fun. All right, you can come over, but I probably won't do you until right before the deadline.
Old 08-28-2009, 01:53 PM   #74
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

QOTM material.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:00 PM   #75
JediKooter
Coordinator

I don't ignore anyone. Not for some high moral ground or anything like that, it's just a message board and if I can't handle what people say on a message board then it would be best if I wasn't on a message board.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #76
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
The antithesis of a guy like Jon are the people on my ignore list -- people who I don't believe are sincere and nothing they ever had to say was well thought out. Two are on the top 5 list and SportsDigs had the other two weeks ago. The_meanstrosity is there because he's a fuckin' Jayhawk asshat.

Poor meanstrosity

SI

Old 08-28-2009, 02:08 PM   #77
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
The_meanstrosity is there because he's a fuckin' Jayhawk asshat.

I'm never angry with the beakers. Just a general sense of pity for them. I'd even note that sterlingice is showing signs of intelligence now that he's far away from the state of Kansas, though I give his MU-educated wife much of the credit for that change.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 08-28-2009 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #78
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
I'd bet the number is considerably higher than you'd think, with a significant number of people using it the way I do for some people, a chance to be more selective about when you do or don't have to deal with someone's post. There's a number of people on my list that I do respond to, but having them there makes it easier to pick & choose when I do so.
I'd respond to that, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of your 63...
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #79
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
I'd respond to that, but I'm pretty sure I'm one of your 63...

There needs to be a 'Gang of 63' thread where only the people Jim ignores can post in it.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:37 PM   #80
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I'm already in five interracial same-sex marriages, but I guess those two Japanese guys, the two Latinos, and the polar bear won't mind someone else joining the fun. All right, you can come over, but I probably won't do you until right before the deadline.

Pumpy wins the internet.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 02:56 PM   #81
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
I already knew he was a sad individual, but this is truly pathetic. Out of the entire interwebs, we choose the virtual communities we want to lurk in or be a part of. And even in the community he selected, he still feels the need to spend the effort to ignore/reject 63 memebrs.

I get the feeling that in 20 years JiMGa's signature while in heaven will read "Behind enemy lines in heaven" and he will have god on his ignore list.

Feels somewhat ironic at the moment that I saw your post without having to click on it.

I was thinking quite the opposite about the number to tell you the truth, that is was remarkably low when you consider a few facts.

1) As I'm typing this, the members lists indicates 460 people have visited FOFC in the past 24 hours, around 520 in the past 72 hours. If even 20% of them have posted, that in the neighborhood of 100 posters depending on the time frame.

2) Even if every single one of those were on my list, that's a 63% ignore rate (and they haven't, plus at least a dozen or so of the names on my list are people who are long gone from FOFC as far as I can tell)

3) As I've mentioned a number of times through the years, I'm a devout believer in "The Rule of the 80", which essentially states that roughly 80% of the people I will encounter in my lifetime are ultimately too fucking stupid to have been worth the time or trouble. A few years ago I modified the rule for accuracy and now refer to it as "The Rule of the 90" or "85-90".

That really make FOFC quite a bit above the curve versus the general population, and by the math maybe even more than I would have guessed (an expert on standard deviations would have to figure out what the number would project to)
Old 08-28-2009, 03:41 PM   #82
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
3) As I've mentioned a number of times through the years, I'm a devout believer in "The Rule of the 80", which essentially states that roughly 80% of the people I will encounter in my lifetime are ultimately too fucking stupid to have been worth the time or trouble. A few years ago I modified the rule for accuracy and now refer to it as "The Rule of the 90" or "85-90".

That really make FOFC quite a bit above the curve versus the general population, and by the math maybe even more than I would have guessed (an expert on standard deviations would have to figure out what the number would project to)

Awwww. We love you too you big softie!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 08-28-2009 at 03:41 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM   #83
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Awwww. We love you too you big softie!!

That's nice, but you still ain't getting my Bud Light.

(okay, actually you'd be welcome to it if there was any of that half-assed horse piss anywhere around me, but you get the idea)
Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #84
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
That's nice, but you still ain't getting my Bud Light.

(okay, actually you'd be welcome to it if there was any of that half-assed horse piss anywhere around me, but you get the idea)

I get the idea. If you had any actual Bud Light though I'd refuse to drink it and demand some actual quality beer.

As is, it was a very very good week at work - I'm going to go home and have some Smuttynose Summer Weizen.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #85
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I get the idea. If you had any actual Bud Light though I'd refuse to drink it and demand some actual quality beer.

As is, it was a very very good week at work - I'm going to go home and have some Smuttynose Summer Weizen.

I would take the Bud Light.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #86
Schmidty
Coordinator

I would take the Bud Light too, and I hate that stuff. But I really love free booze of any kind.
Old 08-28-2009, 04:06 PM   #87
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

I wish I could put beer snobs on ignore. Get over yourself
Old 08-28-2009, 04:29 PM   #88
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Posting here so JIMG will need to click on his "read post" thingie to see if I have anything to say, then he'll read this, say "Sheesh, I knew he had nothing to say" and move on.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:30 PM   #89
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Posting here so JIMG will need to click on his "read post" thingie to see if I have anything to say, then he'll read this, say "Sheesh, I knew he had nothing to say" and move on.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-28-2009 at 04:30 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:46 PM   #90
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I was about to mock you for your rule of 80, but I see you already amended it to 90 which seems about right.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:55 PM   #91
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:

You're on his list? Weird.

Although there was a time long ago when you and I probably could have benefited from being each other's list.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #92
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Although there was a time long ago when you and I probably could have benefited from being each other's list.
I like Chief Rum when it's not baseball or college football season.

dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #93
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Brilliant!!

JiMGA: HA x2!
Old 08-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #94
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Oh, I don't know if I am. Jon and I agree on probably 95% of life's issues, but we'll go to blows, it seems, over the 5% we don't.

I actually have no one on my ignore list. I think I ignored ISiddiqui once for maybe three days because of some stupid hockey argument, but I got annoyed with the "read post" thingie and removed him from ignore (he posted too damn much ).

Besides, if I ignore you, I can't keep track of the morally corrupt things you do.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #95
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Brilliant!!

JiMGA: HA x2!

How ironic.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #96
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I'm actually pretty sure which hockey argument it was (it involved Scott Stevens, IIRC).

Quote:
he posted too damn much

LOL! ::evil::

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 08-28-2009 at 05:06 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:07 PM   #97
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Ya'll post this stuff as though I'm not smart enough to think about responding to people who are on ignore & slow playing replies to people who aren't. Or even vice versa in a bit of reverse psychology.

You interweb peeplz iz funny.
Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #98
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I'm actually pretty sure which hockey argument it was (it involved Scott Stevens, IIRC).

LOL! ::evil::

He's still a headhunting douche bag!

But we have Niedermayer now, though, so debt paid.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:22 PM   #99
path12
Coordinator

I'm kind of fascinated that anyone would care about who is or is not on anyone elses ignore list.

But it is a Friday afternoon.....
Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM   #100
DanGarion
Coordinator

What's being said in here? I can't see any posts.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote