Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2005, 08:13 PM   #51
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
Does your regular workweek start on Friday or do you get paid on Friday and that's why you take it out that day?

I take it out on Friday because I'm most likely to be going out to do some spending on a Friday or Saturday night.

cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:17 PM   #52
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ah
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:18 PM   #53
Easy Mac

I carry my debit card and a credit card, never have cash. I don't think I've touched any cash in about 2 months. Haven't written any checks outside of church either. Credit for gas, groceries and online; debit for everything else.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:40 PM   #54
Joe
Pro Starter

I usually carry between $20 and $40, plus my credit cards and debit cards
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 08:48 PM   #55
TredWel
High School Varsity

I like to keep about $20 on me. Like to keep some on me to prepare for times when I can't use debit/credit, but not too much to reduce the risk of losing it.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:42 PM   #56
Craptacular
College Starter

I usually get $100 or so at the TYME machine (ATM for you non-Cheeseheads), and reload when it gets below $20. I use a credit card for pretty much every purchase I can, as long as it's around $10 or more. I'll use cash for fast-food lunch and other small purchases.
Craptacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 09:57 PM   #57
TroyF
Coordinator

I carry about $0 in cash usually.

If I'm on a business trip, I'll grab 20 from the ATM, but that's about it. I can think of only a handful of cash transactions I've made in the last three months.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2005, 10:15 PM   #58
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter_of_69
If I carry a bunch of cash around, I get scared to death that I'm going to leave an extra 20 here or drop one on the ground by accident... last Christmas, I had a wad of cash for Christmas presents, and on my way out of Wal-Mart the clerk chased me down to hand me the $150+ I had left on the little stand next to the register.

I don't need a big wad of bills to worry about. If I'm going on a trip in the car, I'll take along a lot of money, but otherwise I almost never have more than $10 on me.
The last time I was carrying a big wad of cash around, I was in Vegas. In one of the clubs, I gave this Dancer a $20 to do a lap dance for my friend...It was his bachelor party. She asked like three times if I wanted her to give him the $100 special. I said nah, we're just getting started. Well he didn't freaking come back for like a half an hour, and he was quite pleased. Turned out I had given her a C-Note by mistake.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2005, 09:47 AM   #59
timmae
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo
My experience in Chicago is a bit different though.... I almost never go to franchise restaurants (no point in Chicago to ever go to one really) unless my wife wants to, but I never had a huge problem using credit. Occasionally I'll find a place that won't take Discover, but its very rare I find a place that won't take Mastercard.

There are a few places that I've run into... not the norm but becoming more prevalent as I stray from the 'Lettuce' restaurants and Gap-like joints.. among them are...

Filter at damen and milw - coffee
bens shoes in wicker park - shoes
Maiz restaurant on california - good mexican grub
Irazu on milwaukee - great costa rican food
Charleston bar on hoyne - JD... what else!!
a few other local boutiques and byob joints also..
Old 12-15-2005, 09:49 AM   #60
timmae
College Starter

btw... any of the chicago folks know of any local chicago messageboards to peruse? Looking for something with local flavor...