Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-27-2009, 11:02 PM   #51
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Just saw the pictures of his rumored mistress.. she isn't bad but his wife is much better looking.

maybe the wife doesnt service him enough

Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:05 PM   #52
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Just saw the pictures of his rumored mistress.. she isn't bad but his wife is much better looking.

Eh....

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-27-2009 at 11:05 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:10 PM   #53
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This story just keeps getting stranger. I already can't see how he hits a fire hydrant and then jerks the SUV into his neighbor's yard to hit a tree.

Now they say his wife heard the accident from inside the house, ran outside to him and broke the SUV's rear window to get him out. It was then said that he was not remaining conscious when the police arrived.

Then the story ends with charges pending, but not what charges.

Are we sure it was the SUV that his wife took the golf club to?

Last edited by EagleFan : 11-27-2009 at 11:11 PM.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Are we sure it was the SUV that his wife took the golf club to?

Or that she took the club to the window after the accident instead of before the accident?
Old 11-27-2009, 11:23 PM   #55
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Wise philosopher once say "You think you want the crazy hot chick. But you don't."
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:27 PM   #56
MalcPow
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
Old Navy did open at 3 for Black Friday, remember...

MalcPow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 12:40 AM   #57
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

This makes a bit more sense.

Tiger Woods: Injuries Caused by Wife, Not SUV | TMZ.com
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 01:07 AM   #58
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

That makes waaay more sense now.
Old 11-28-2009, 01:45 AM   #59
Galaxy
Coordinator

If the this is true (and the allegations are true), does this some of the shine of Tiger's appeal (and marketing machine that could make him a billionaire)?
Old 11-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #60
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
If the this is true (and the allegations are true), does this some of the shine of Tiger's appeal (and marketing machine that could make him a billionaire)?

Only if he was somehow found drunk driving, banging a chick and getting entangled in a John Daly-esque scandal that somehow caused him to lose a ton of tournaments, miss cuts and drive him to drinking and to consider steroids or better yet, crystal meth.

Otherwise, no.

I think most of the major demographic of golf (aka, the folks lining his pockets) would understand a bit of domestic trouble. I mean, especially since it was her hitting him and not him having beat her or something ridiculous.

Besides, haven't most billionaire men sans Bill Gates or Warren Buffett been married more than once? It's like a right of passage.

Tiger's last scandal was that GQ interview back in the day (where he was too candid) that I think turned him into something of an automaton in the first place. This will just make him more careful.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-28-2009 at 02:02 AM.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:03 AM   #61
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

kcchief, while I agree with most of what you have there, the articles read specifically indicated that the FHP did not release the reported incident for 12 hours, whatever that reason may be.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 02:05 AM   #62
NewIdentity
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
This would also explain "the charges pending" quote.
I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan
NewIdentity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:02 AM   #63
Logan
Head Coach

Yeah, cause I know when I hear an accident in the distance, I race out with a golf club just in case anyone will need to be broken out of a window.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:53 PM   #64
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Tiger Woods, wife unavailable for interview, police say - ESPN

Quote:
The accident came two days after the National Enquirer published a story alleging that Woods had been seeing a New York night club hostess, and that they recently were together in Melbourne, where Woods competed in the Australian Masters.

The woman, Rachel Uchitel, denied having an affair with Woods when contacted by the AP.

"I resent my reputation is getting completely blasted in the media," she said during a telephone interview late Friday. "Everyone is assuming I came out and said this. This is not a story I have anything to do with."

Uchitel said she was in Melbourne two weeks ago with clients and never saw Woods the entire time she was there.

"The story stands for itself," National Enquirer executive editor Barry Levine told the AP on Saturday.

But then, the Enquirer rebuts her comments and exposes. supposed contradictions. The plot thickens...

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/tige...elebrity/67747

Last edited by Young Drachma : 11-28-2009 at 04:57 PM.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:03 PM   #65
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The woman, Rachel Uchitel, denied having an affair with Woods when contacted by the AP.

"I resent my reputation is getting completely blasted in the media," she said during a telephone interview late Friday. "Everyone is assuming I came out and said this. This is not a story I have anything to do with."

Uchitel said she was in Melbourne two weeks ago with clients and never saw Woods the entire time she was there.

Is it just me or is that a pretty nice dance around the question. It doesnt appear to me that she is denying the affair ust denying her being the one to disclose it.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #66
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Is it just me or is that a pretty nice dance around the question. It doesnt appear to me that she is denying the affair ust denying her being the one to disclose it.

Yeah. I noticed that too. But I've read other quotes from her saying there's no relationship. I'm inclined to believe her, only because she was dating that Bones actor dude and that story came out at the end of last month.

That'd be a hell of a turn around. I think they're just using her because they knew the mainstream media would run with it. That said, I think Team Tiger has some 'splaining to do. I just wonder what they'll say, given how tight lipped they are about what they do...it wouldn't surprise me if they just give some terse statement and leave people to speculate or if they'll say enough to shut people up.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:35 PM   #67
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Even people who have more money than God can act like common trailer folk.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 PM   #68
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Yeah, cause I know when I hear an accident in the distance, I race out with a golf club just in case anyone will need to be broken out of a window.

Let me tell you a little story? I once knew a guy who could have been a great golfer, could have gone pro, all he needed was a little time and practice. Decided to go to college instead. Went for four years, did pretty well. At the end of his four years, his last semester he was kicked out... You know what for? He was night putting, just putting at night with the fifteen-year-old daughter of the Dean... You know who that guy was Logan?

Last edited by Dr. Sak : 11-28-2009 at 09:09 PM.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 10:01 PM   #69
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
Let me tell you a little story? I once knew a guy who could have been a great golfer, could have gone pro, all he needed was a little time and practice. Decided to go to college instead. Went for four years, did pretty well. At the end of his four years, his last semester he was kicked out... You know what for? He was night putting, just putting at night with the fifteen-year-old daughter of the Dean... You know who that guy was Logan?

Sounds like Jimmy Macs career at BYU.
Old 11-28-2009, 11:07 PM   #70
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
John Cocktosten?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:12 PM   #71
Galaxy
Coordinator

Reviewing the article I posted in the last page and that picture, Tiger could do better.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:00 AM   #72
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:

Mike Richards?
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #73
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Bob Hope?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:25 AM   #74
digamma
Torchbearer

Mitch Cumstein.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 06:30 AM   #75
rowech
Pro Starter

I'm glad to know that if you're the world's greatest golfer, you get special treatment in an investigation. Would any of us be able to tell the police to come back later once you're awake? Then, when they do come back, put them off another day?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:58 AM   #76
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I'm glad to know that if you're the world's greatest golfer, you get special treatment in an investigation. Would any of us be able to tell the police to come back later once you're awake? Then, when they do come back, put them off another day?

Let that be a lesson to all you kids out there. Work hard, practice and someday you too can be rich and play by a different set of rules in life.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #77
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Let that be a lesson to all you kids out there. Work hard, practice and someday you too can be rich and play by a different set of rules in life.

All kidding and sarcasm aside, isn't that the American dream?

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 11-29-2009 at 09:23 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:53 AM   #78
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

Any of us could tell the police to come back later once we're awake, it's just a matter of them listening to us or not.
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:07 AM   #79
Logan
Head Coach

I tried that once. They didn't.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:10 AM   #80
Danny
Head Coach

But did you say please?
Danny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #81
Logan
Head Coach

Does "fuck off" count? Alcohol may have been involved.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:29 AM   #82
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I've been thinking the same thing. According to a report on ESPN, because this is still being considered a "traffic accident", Tiger does not have to answer any questions. All he needs to provide is license, registration, and proof of insurance.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #83
sooner333
College Starter

Yes, you can not talk to police if you want.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 12:57 PM   #84
Senator
FOFC's Elected Representative

Quote:

Paul Harvey? Good day.
"i have seen chris simms play 4-5 times in the pros and he's very clearly got it. he won't make a pro bowl this year, but it'll come. if you don't like me saying that, so be it, but its true. we'll just have to wait until then" imettrentgreen

"looking at only ten games, and oddly using a median only, leaves me unmoved generally" - Quiksand
Senator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #85
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
Yes, you can not talk to police if you want.
Let us know how that goes if you're not rich and/or famous.

I'd love to see the reaction of an average cop if you answered the door and told them to come back later when you're not sleeping when they are investingating a domestic assault case.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:16 PM   #86
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

No, that guy was Mitch Cumstein...

...my roommate.

He's a good guy.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 01:26 PM   #87
henry296
College Starter

Quote:

I'd love to see the reaction of an average cop if you answered the door and told them to come back later when you're not sleeping when they are investingating a domestic assault case.

Other than TMZ rumors, where did you hear this was domestic assault and not just a traffic incident?

Honestly, this doesn't bother me at all as there is no pressing timeline to resolve this case.
Old 11-29-2009, 05:28 PM   #88
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brassmonkey32 View Post
I'm about to tell you exactly what happen. Tiger and Elin got into an argument, he's had enough and decides to get in his car and leave. She says, you are not going any where. He keeps on going and she follows with one of his golf clubs. He gets out of the driveway headed down the street and she hits the back of the SUV with the golf club. He turns around and says, WTF and hits the hydrant. That's the story. Because there is no way someone Elin size is going to break the back window of an SUV and pull a man the size of Tiger out of an SUV over 3 rows of seats!

So how does hitting a hydrant cut your phase and require stitches?
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:07 PM   #89
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Other than TMZ rumors, where did you hear this was domestic assault and not just a traffic incident?

Honestly, this doesn't bother me at all as there is no pressing timeline to resolve this case.
TMZ seems to have a rather strong track record when it comes to their reporting (I know it sounds weird but it's true). The story also never added up. He had cuts on his face yet no blood in the car. Clearly not an accident that would require knocking out the back window to rescue him. If it was a traffic incident, there is no reason why Tiger would not talk to the cops.

I'm just saying that if it was you or me in that situation, there is no fucking chance the cops would let us blow off multiple interview requests. I know here that domestic assault is pretty serious and I believe they remove one individual from the home immediately to ensure nothing bad happens. If your wife rips your face apart, shatters your car window with a golf club as you proceed to run over a fire hydrant and hit a tree, I think it's safe to say the cops would be a little more proactive.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:54 PM   #90
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
I'm just saying that if it was you or me in that situation, there is no fucking chance the cops would let us blow off multiple interview requests. I know here that domestic assault is pretty serious and I believe they remove one individual from the home immediately to ensure nothing bad happens. If your wife rips your face apart, shatters your car window with a golf club as you proceed to run over a fire hydrant and hit a tree, I think it's safe to say the cops would be a little more proactive.
Actually, Florida law states that he doesn't have to talk to the police in a traffic accident. He just have to show license, registration, and proof of insurance. It would be the same thing if we were in the exact same situation.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 07:59 PM   #91
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman View Post
Actually, Florida law states that he doesn't have to talk to the police in a traffic accident. He just have to show license, registration, and proof of insurance. It would be the same thing if we were in the exact same situation.
This wasn't just a traffic accident.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:01 PM   #92
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
This wasn't just a traffic accident.

Maybe not, but the cops are treating it as one at this time and until they decide to pursue something more serious Tiger really doesn't have to make time to talk to them.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:05 PM   #93
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Maybe not, but the cops are treating it as one at this time and until they decide to pursue something more serious Tiger really doesn't have to make time to talk to them.
I agree. Just saying it would be treated as more if it was you or me.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:10 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There is an article on TVguide's site that says that Tiger cancelled the 3rd meeting today and does not have any further meetings with police scheduled at this time. He takes full blame for the accident and says that Elin did nothing but help him out of the car.

Tiger Woods Takes Blame for "Embarrassing" Crash, Cancels Third Meeting with Cops - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-29-2009 at 08:10 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:18 PM   #95
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
I agree. Just saying it would be treated as more if it was you or me.

I think police would need some real evidence of that such as video, 911 calls, interviews, charges press by one party, ect.

It appears his alleged mistress Rachel Uchitel flew to L.A. to talk with famed lawyer Gloria Allerd.

Last edited by Galaxy : 11-29-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:46 PM   #96
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:

Well, I'm pretty confident I won't ever get to see the reaction of a police officer in that situation. But, police can't make you talk to them. They will be pissed and they may find other means to arrest you, but you still don't have to talk to them or let them in your house.

This isn't about being rich or famous, it's about exercising Constitutional rights.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #97
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If it was T'Gir Woods he would have already been tazed and thrown in prison.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #98
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I was under the impression an officer can detain you while investigating a potential crime.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:56 PM   #99
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
kcchief, while I agree with most of what you have there, the articles read specifically indicated that the FHP did not release the reported incident for 12 hours, whatever that reason may be.
That doesn't suggest anything nefarious to me either. Remove the name Tiger Woods from this report -- this wouldn't even make the newspaper outside the police blotter, unless it was just news of the weird because someone hit a fire hydrant and a tree. I don't know what the release policy of the FHP is but when I worked in newsrooms and got accident reports two things were true: (1) there was no set time to release accident information; and (2) not all accidents are distributed to the media. Everyone needs to disavow themselves of the notion that just because a celebrity sneezes doesn't make it newsworthy or public information.

I'm still curious as why FHP is involved unless the road where Tiger had his accident is a state road. Then media reports that this happened outside his driveway would be false because Isleworth is a gated community, and I seriously doubt Florida has state highways running through a gated community. I'm assuming FHP was involved because Isleworth is outside the Windmere city limits and it was a holiday, therefore someone had to have jurisdiction. If FHP investigates every accident, Florida is more f-ed up than I thought.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 08:59 PM   #100
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
This isn't about being rich or famous, it's about exercising Constitutional rights.
Yes but ... I think the above are correct. If this guy's name was Bill Woods and refused to talk the police and didn't have a lawyer, they would be busting his balls pretty hard right now. But you can't treat Tiger Woods like you would a regular Joe. Money and celebrity has certain protections.

Is it right? Heck no. But that's the way it is.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote