MJ4H Graduates!!

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner

Old 07-12-2009, 07:14 PM   #52
cuervo72
Head Coach

We talkin' bout spoilers, man. I mean how silly is that? We talkin' bout spoilers.

(not a pic, not a pic, we talkin' bout spoilers)
Old 07-12-2009, 07:40 PM   #53
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

[no movie-quote parody here....sorry]

Whether or not his original thread was appropriate or not, it was pretty clear a mod thought it was not.

Yes still, MJ4H decided to resurrect it in a new thread.

Say what you want about the mods, but they have been absolutely consistent when a poster does this.

They tell you to stop, you do it again anyway, you get the banhammer.

Last edited by Toddzilla : 07-12-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:54 PM   #54
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Ladies and gentlemen of the supposed jury, I have one final thing I want you to consider: this is Chewbacca. Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk, but Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now, think about that. That does not make sense!
Why would a Wookiee -- an eight foot tall Wookiee -- want to live on Endor with a bunch of two foot tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

But more importantly, you have to ask yourself: what does that have to do with this case? Nothing. Ladies and gentlemen, it has nothing to do with this case! It does not make sense!

Look at me, I'm a lawyer defending a poster banned for posting covered boobies, and I'm talkin' about Chewbacca. Does that make sense? Ladies and gentlemen, I am not making any sense. None of this makes sense.

And so you have to remember, when you're in that jury room deliberating and conjugating the Emancipation Proclamation... does it make sense? No! Ladies and gentlemen of this supposed jury, it does not make sense.

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must acquit! The defense rests.

Last edited by stevew : 07-12-2009 at 07:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #55
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Whether or not his original thread was appropriate or not, it was pretty clear a mod thought it was not.

Yes still, MJ4H decided to resurrect it in a new thread.

Say what you want about the mods, but they have been absolutely consistent when a poster does this.

They tell you to stop, you do it again anyway, you get the banhammer.

His original thread was a poker dynasty with embedded images of hot chicks with photobucket URL's.

His new thread was a poker dynasty with a link to a twitter page, which contains no images.

Unless he was told to stop posting about poker, he absolutely did not continue to do the thing that got his first thread deleted.

Last edited by Radii : 07-12-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 07-12-2009, 08:37 PM   #56
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

and considering that there is no apparent discussion in the mod forum per the super secret mod rules then I don't think it's cut and dry
Old 07-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #57
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
MJ4H Graduates!!
MJ4H Graduates!!
MJ4H Graduates!!
MJ4H Graduates!!
MJ4H Graduates!!
MJ4H Graduates!!

If you want the juniors to join you have to throw in the dress code too!
Old 07-12-2009, 09:20 PM   #58
Groundhog
Coordinator

All jokes aside (and there are certainly some good ones), seems like this boxing was an asshat move. I didn't see either thread, but if everything said here is true, well, I'm struggling to see why it happened.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:35 PM   #59
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Why? Why? WHY???

Leave MJ4H ALONE!!!!!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 12:35 AM   #60
fantom1979
College Benchwarmer

I will start off by saying this, don't blame that box on the mods. I don't care who posts, whether they are a high school poster, a junior college poster, a college poster, much less an hall of fame poster. When you post five NSFW links, four with spoiler tags, one which went all the way and three others that set up going all the way, you aren't going to avoid the box. Alright? That was a disgraceful performance in my opinion. We threw that thread. We gave it away by doing that. We gave them the freaking thread. In my opinion that sucked. What's that? MJ4H? Don't talk about MJ4H. You kidding me? MJ4H?
Old 07-13-2009, 02:46 AM   #61
Atocep
Coordinator

This is what's great about FOFC. This is what the greatest thing about FOFC is. YOU POST TO GET BANNED. Hello? YOU POST TO GET BANNED. You don't post just to post. That's the great thing about FOFC. You post to get banned. And I don't care if you don't have any posts. You gonna post to get banned. When you start telling me it doesn't matter...then retire. Get out. Because it matters. So...I...that, that, that....this whole conversation bothers me.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 AM   #62
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Well, the first thing you've got to realize, brother, is this right here is the future of intelligently moderated, sports-sim based message boards:

http://sportsdigs.com/

Let me tell you something when it all came to pass, and I freaked out in this thread, the name thesloppy...the man thesloppy, got bigger than this whole board! And then Skydog, Amigo, he wanted to talk turkey with thesloppy. Skydog promised me pictures of well-endowed women, brother, Skydog promised me thousands of posts, brother, and Skydog promised me world calibre dynasties about poker, and various other topics.

But, as far as Skydog, Ryan, and the whole FOFC goes, I'm bored brother. That's why these two guys here, MJ4H and Franklin Noble, the so-called Sportsdigs, this is the board I want frequent. They're the new blood of message boards for sports dorks, and not only are we going to take over the whole message board business, with thesloppy and the new blood, MJ4H with me, we will destroy everything in our path, Stubby Chubby!!

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-13-2009 at 03:54 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:30 AM   #63
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

And I think you need to open the Off-Topic sub forum of FOFC and then look out your window and count all of the boxed people that walk by. When you get to "one" then I'll listen to anything else you have to say about anything. Got any questions? No? Good. Welcome to FOFC.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:47 AM   #64
thesloppy
Pro Starter

He left a legacy. The same way when Jesus left, because he had to sacrifice for all of us.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:18 AM   #65
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Dear mods, we accept the fact that MJ4H had to sacrifice a whole week in detention for whatever it was he did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.

But what we found out is that each one of us is a banned member...

...and a dynasty writer....

...and a soccer fan...

...a QOTD advocate...

...and a werewolf player...

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours, the Poster Club.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:29 AM   #66
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Let's talk about something important.

Put.

That.

Dynasty.

Down.

Dynasties are for closers only.

You think I'm fucking with you? I am not fucking with you. I'm here from downtown. I'm here from Operation Sports. And I'm here on a mission of mercy. Your name's MJ4H? You call yourself a dynasty writer you son of a bitch? The good news is: you're boxed. The bad news is: you've got, all of just one week to regain your posting rights, starting with tonight. Starting with tonight's sit.

Oh? Have I got your attention now? Good. 'Cause we're adding a little something to this year's Golden Scribe contest. As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're banned. Get the picture? You laughing now? You got the dynasty forum. Operation Sports paid good money, play the games and write the dynasties, you don't need any fucking pictures. You can't write the dynasties with the rules you're given, you can't write shit. You ARE shit. Hit the bricks pal, and beat it 'cause you are going OUT.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-13-2009 at 06:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:46 AM   #67
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
Dear mods, we accept the fact that MJ4H had to sacrifice a whole week in detention for whatever it was he did wrong. But we think you're crazy to make us write an essay telling you who we think we are. You see us as you want to see us... In the simplest terms, in the most convenient definitions.

But what we found out is that each one of us is a banned member...

...and a dynasty writer....

...and a soccer fan...

...a QOTD advocate...

...and a werewolf player...

Does that answer your question?

Sincerely yours, the Poster Club.

A very solid runner-up to your Gandy one.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:51 AM   #68
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Hey. If any of you are looking for any last-minute gift ideas for me, I have one. I'd like Skydog, HNIC, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy slumber over there on FOFC with all the other mod people and I want him brought right here, with a big ribbon on his head, and I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no-good, rotten, fore-fleshing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit he is. Hallelujah. Holy shit. Where's the Tylenol?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:55 AM   #69
MikeVic
Head Coach

Can we honestly get an answer to the boxing?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #70
stevew
Hall Of Famer

He was "being an asshat" seems to be the logical response.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:15 AM   #71
Bad-example
College Starter

MJ4H didn't ask you to fight his battles for him. And if there's a penalty box, and god I hope there is, I know he's sittin' up there drunk as a fuckin' monkey and smokin' shit, cause he done left his pains down here.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #72
molson
General Manager

I always that there should be a sticky that says who's currently suspended/banned and why.

I understand it's a balancing act. I guess the mods don't want people discussing why people are "disciplined" (and the very fact that someone can be "disciplined" on a message board is just so...stupid). I don't get why such discussions would be so horrible if people wanted to do it. I don't get why mods have to be such babies about that. They could easily just let people state their opinion if they wanted to, and then not respond if they didn't feel it was constructive. I guess they're too sensitive.

I do undertand why people want to know why their posting peers are getting the shaft, and the fact that they're not "allowed" to know - is just dopey. It's like we're children.

Last edited by molson : 07-13-2009 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #73
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Posters, for the past two weeks you have been reading about the bad break MJ4H got. Yet today I consider MJ4H the luckiest poster on the face of this earth. MJ4H has been in FOFC threads for seven and a half years and has never received anything but kindness and encouragement from you posters.

Look at these grand men. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight of his career just to associate with them for even one day? Sure, MJ4H is lucky. Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known Pumpy Tudors? Also, the builder of FOFC's greatest empire, SkyDog? To have spent six years with that wonderful little fellow, jbmagic? Then to have spent the next nine years with that outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best manager in FOFC today, Eaglesfan27? Sure, MJ4H is lucky.

So I close in saying that MJ4H may have had a tough break, but he has an awful lot to live for.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 07-13-2009 at 10:30 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:22 AM   #74
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm not dead yet.

Well, you will be soon enough.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:23 AM   #75
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
(and the very fact that someone can be "disciplined" on a message board is just so...stupid).

Really? You think every message board should just be a free for all? If I was running a board, I'd take a fairly lax approach, but there's no way to have a decent boarding experience without some standards. And with standards/rules comes discipline. Or just straight out first-time offense bannings - I guess that's the alternative.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-13-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #76
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Really? You think every message board should just be a free for all? If I was running a board, I'd take a fairly lax approach, but there's no way to have a decent boarding experience without some standards. And with standards/rules comes discipline. Or just straight out first-time offense bannings - I guess that's the alternative.

I understand bannings, but suspensions are just bizzare. It's like someone's pretending to be a sports league commissioner, its a role play. "You're suspended for two weeks". Give me a break. Is MJFH quietly contemplating his guilt somewhere? Are any of us deterred? We don't even know what he did. What's the point?

It's a silly role-play to feel important, nothing more. There's no benefit to anyone, and it doesn't improvement anything here. So why do it?

Last edited by molson : 07-13-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #77
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

So I went over to MJ4H's house to have dinner. The chef came out and said, 'What would you like?'

I said, 'Some grilled chicken.'

So as we begin to talk about the video and what he wanted me to do, the chef brought me out the grilled chicken. But he brought MJ4H out a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.

And I went crazy, like, 'Wait a minute! MJ4H, you eat Kentucky Fried Chicken?'

That made my day. That was the greatest moment of my life. We had such a good time sitting on the floor, eating that bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:30 AM   #78
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
I understand bannings, but suspensions are just bizzare. It's like someone's pretending to be a sports league commissioner, its a role play. "You're suspended for two weeks". Give me a break. Is MJFH quietly contemplating his guilt somewhere? Are any of us deterred? We don't even know what he did. What's the point?

It's a silly role-play to feel important, nothing more. There's no benefit to anyone, and it doesn't improvement anything here. So why do it?

So you believe that anyone that breaks message board rules should just be banned for life?

Boy - your message board would be a barrel of laughs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-13-2009, 10:32 AM   #79
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
So you believe that anyone that breaks message board rules should just be banned for life?

I don't think that's what he was saying at all. I think he's just saying that a 'boxing' is pretty pointless. If something is not allowed on the board, either a warning is sufficient, or if it's bad enough, a banning is necessary.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #80
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

This is generally a good assumption.

It's always interesting to me, as a mod, how when one of these threads is started there is some general complaint of heavy handed-dictatorship. I travel through various message boards, and this one has by far the fewest boxings/bannings of any that I've ever been on - and generally for pretty obvious steps over the boundaries of rules. So the "woe is us" postings are always very interesting to me.

At any rate - as a general rule, it's not a good idea to try and get "around" "punishment". And it's also generally a good idea to not be an asshat when you are "punished".

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM   #81
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
molson, have you checked out sportsdigs.com? Sounds exactly like your kind of place.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
Old 07-13-2009, 10:35 AM   #82
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
I don't think that's what he was saying at all. I think he's just saying that a 'boxing' is pretty pointless. If something is not allowed on the board, either a warning is sufficient, or if it's bad enough, a banning is necessary.

Ah.

Well, from my previous experience, I do not believe that "warnings" are effective (as was proven here).

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #83
Ksyrup

Quote:
IIs MJFH quietly contemplating his guilt somewhere?

This is what I imagined:

"Uh, teach...? We, uh, got the new sheet music this morning. Um... I had no idea Slayer's South of Heaven had been transcribed for symphonic band."

"IT HAS NOW!"
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 07-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #84
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
This is generally a good assumption.

It's always interesting to me, as a mod, how when one of these threads is started there is some general complaint of heavy handed-dictatorship. I travel through various message boards, and this one has by far the fewest boxings/bannings of any that I've ever been on - and generally for pretty obvious steps over the boundaries of rules. So the "woe is us" postings are always very interesting to me.

I'm not really a member of any other board to the extent I am here, but I do read a fair amount of them. I think this one is by far the best in terms of quality of the posters in terms of not having people who's sole motivation seems to be the "I will be an asshat and I will be a complete troll." That word gets thrown around here every now and then, but it seems to be more in specific instances where stuff gets out of hand.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #85
Ksyrup

Quote:
Ah.

Well, from my previous experience, I do not believe that "warnings" are effective (as was proven here).

To me, a boxing should serve as the warning. What I've disagreed with here from time to time is not following through with a banning after a "time out"/warning. For instance, I was against continually treating HA like Saddam Hussein and boxing him every 6 months when he would inevitably go over the line, time and time again, without taking that next step. I was for drawing a line in the sand. So, a one-time boxing would essentially be the warning before a banning if it happened again.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #86
MikeVic
Head Coach

But what rule was broken?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #87
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 10:45 AM   #88
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
generally for pretty obvious steps over the boundaries of rules.

I guess this is one of those that does not fit into "generally"?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:48 AM   #89
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post

I was just speaking in general terms. I know nothing about what happened here, never saw the threads/links he posted or anything like that, don't know what happened, if anything, behind the scenes.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:49 AM   #90
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

So that's the rule that was broken? No wonder a warning was not effective.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #91
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

I just wanted to chime in and say this thread is awesome

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #92
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:

From what I know of the situation... he created a dynasty about poker, and posted photobucket images in spoiler tags to hot women. I saw those. Then his thread gets deleted, so he creates another thread (it was a real-life poker tracking dynasty after all, so it makes sense to want to continue it), and in this thread he links to his Twitter account that contained hot women pictures.

Was it creating a second thread that did it, or the hot women links?
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #93
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
So that's the rule that was broken? No wonder a warning was not effective.

Well, to speak in general terms - it is, as I said earlier, a bad idea to try and skirt decisions made by the modding team and act the asshat.

Some issues, like this one, are difficult to address publicly as a lot of what happens occurs in private.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 11:03 AM   #94
molson
General Manager

Quote:

The obvious trolls/spanners should be banned. But when someone does "something" that nobody even apparently noticed (except for modeers who apparently had their feelings hurt) in the dynasty section - who cares?

What's the purpose of suspensions? Are we all protected from MJFH's evil deeds for the next two weeks? Do you feel safer? Does MJFH even know what he did? If he didn't, which I assume is the case, what's the point?

Last edited by molson : 07-13-2009 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:04 AM   #95
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Well, to speak in general terms - it is, as I said earlier, a bad idea to try and skirt decisions made by the modding team and act the asshat.

Some issues, like this one, are difficult to address publicly as a lot of what happens occurs in private.

So he was suspended over a personal dispute? How retarded. How did he negative impact he message board? If nobody even knows what the hell he did, then by definition, he shouldn't be suspended, IMO.

What are these "decisions" made by the modding team? Why is this such a secret?

Last edited by molson : 07-13-2009 at 11:06 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:05 AM   #96
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
The obvious trolls/spanners should be banned. But when someone does "something" that nobody even apparently noticed in the dynasty section - who cares?

What's the purpose of suspensions? Are we all protected from MJFH's evil deeds for the next two weeks? Do you feel safer? Does MJFH even know what he did? If he didn't, which I assume is the case, what's the point?

No one has ever been turned down an explanation, privately, as to why they were boxed/banned.

Quote:
Old 07-13-2009, 11:09 AM   #97
molson
General Manager

Quote:
No one has ever been turned down an explanation, privately, as to why they were boxed/banned.

How paternal.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:10 AM   #98
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

The question still remains, however. What rule was broken in the first place to attract the attention of the mods?
Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #99
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
The question still remains, however. What rule was broken in the first place to attract the attention of the mods?

He wronged a mod.

Not the board, mind you, a mod.

Nobody else cares what he did.

Last edited by molson : 07-13-2009 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #100
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post

linking to a page that had pictures that the mods had deleted from the board for being too "racy" i presume.
Closed Thread