Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-01-2007, 05:24 PM   #51
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

UT drives and the normally reliable Daniel Lincoln also misses, wide right.
Still 13-7, with 8:12 left in the 3rd quarter.

JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:25 PM   #52
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

UCLA had been dominated most of the 1st half, but they put together a good drive to end the half. USC is up 17-7 at the half.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:31 PM   #53
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

LSU can't miss on 3rd down, UT is starting to tackle the way they did for much of the season, and this game is taking on the look of a disaster that I feared ... right up until Eric Berry recovers the first fumble by an LSU running back in over 600 carries.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:41 PM   #54
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Ainge to Briscoe on 3rd & goal from the 7, PAT is good, it's 14-13 Vols with 3:09 left in the 3rd quarter
Old 12-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #55
st.cronin
General Manager

Perilloux looks like Andre Woodson's younger brother.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:49 PM   #56
MrBug708
Head Coach

Johnson had a great catch right before halftime of the UCLA game
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 05:54 PM   #57
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Perriloux now playing with a cut on his right index finger, all taped up at the moment. End of the 3rd quarter.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:59 PM   #58
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Sorry if this is a re-post, but lol...

Last edited by VPI97 : 12-01-2007 at 06:02 PM.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:02 PM   #59
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA Pitt gave Wannstedt a 3-year contract extension HAHAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha

W...T....F..... Only one day on his new (old) job at Pitt and Pederson has to be about ready to be lynched by the fans.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:06 PM   #60
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97 View Post
Sorry if this is a re-post, but lol...

Quality...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:12 PM   #61
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

LSU converts a fake punt for a first down around midfield with 12 minutes left to play.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #62
Buccaneer
Head Coach

What happens if USC, Oregon and ASU wins?

If WVU and MO lose, it'll be OSU and UGA?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 06:16 PM   #63
st.cronin
General Manager

Every time I've seen LSU play, the announcers have been just one notch below "openly rooting for LSU." Its getting quite tiring.

knives out
Old 12-01-2007, 06:21 PM   #64
st.cronin
General Manager

Tennessee does have a running back, don't they?

knives out
Old 12-01-2007, 06:22 PM   #65
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Pick six + 2 pt conversion, LSU leads 21-14 with 9:54 to play.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:29 PM   #66
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Tennessee does have a running back, don't they?

Yeah, one.

But Foster is something like 38 yards on 15 carries, and the remaining backup (Creer) is just physically overmatched as a freshman, something that was painfully obvious on his couple of carries.

edit to add: UT fails to convert on 4th down deep in LSU territory. Ainge isn't throwing well and he's getting no help from the receivers.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-01-2007 at 06:33 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:33 PM   #67
st.cronin
General Manager

Dumb, dumb gamble there by Phulmer.

knives out
Old 12-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #68
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dumb, dumb gamble there by Phulmer.

Eh, not all the bad IMO.

Lincoln has missed pretty badly twice, looks very uncomfortable kicking in the Dome (I'm guessing it his first indoor game ever).
Old 12-01-2007, 06:39 PM   #69
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Foster takes a little screen down inside the LSU 20 ... and Ainge throws a bad pick on the next play
Less than 3 minutes when the INT hapened, now getting down to 2ish with LSU facing 3rd & short.

And, appropriately, Perriloux gets a first down on a naked bootleg with help from a missed tackle opportunity.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 12-01-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:44 PM   #70
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Eh, not all the bad IMO.

Lincoln has missed pretty badly twice, looks very uncomfortable kicking in the Dome (I'm guessing it his first indoor game ever).

Regardless of what happens, though, you still need to

1. make a defensive stop, and
2. score a touchdown.

May as well try to get 3, that way if/when you do the above, you're 3 ahead instead of tied. That's how I saw it, anyway.

knives out
Old 12-01-2007, 06:46 PM   #71
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And Hester gets a first down to end it with a minute left, with no more timeouts left.

A reasonable effort from a Tennessee team that simply isn't championship caliber. Too young in the secondary & the receivers, blessed with a QB that's good but a long way from great, just not a title worthy team.

Darned good effort from Perriloux under bad circumstances, definitely deserved his Player of the Game award.
Old 12-01-2007, 06:51 PM   #72
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

Darned good effort from Perriloux under bad circumstances, definitely deserved his Player of the Game award.

I've been living under a rock, what happened to Flynn? Was the bad circumstances you mentioned that Perriloux had to start?
Old 12-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #73
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
I've been living under a rock, what happened to Flynn? Was the bad circumstances you mentioned that Perriloux had to start?

It's up the thread a bit I think -- Flynn couldn't play due to an injured throwing shoulder suffered vs Arkansas. Certainly just having to play with so little experience in a game of this stature would be "bad circumstance" enough, but Perriloux actually played much of the second half as a nearly lame duck after suffering a severe cut on the index finger of his throwing hand.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:01 PM   #74
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Heh, Oregon State going for a game leading FG and it gets blocked.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM   #75
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Meanwhile Oregon just blocked a near-certain game winning FGA by Oregon State with 1:01 left to play in regulation. Still 28-28 in The Civil War.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:05 PM   #76
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Not the blowout I wanted to see, but USC has the ball and is up 24-7 with 1:30 to go.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:09 PM   #77
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Wow a personal foul on a missed FG.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #78
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

And he still misses it.

Fire Ron Lee.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:10 PM   #79
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Just looking out of curiosity --
Ainge threw 5 interceptions in the first 11 games of the year(391 attempts).
He's thrown 5 more in the past two weeks (85 attempts)

It's the first time in his 4 seasons (not all starting) that he's ever had back-to-back multiple interception games.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:11 PM   #80
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I can't imagine a worse looking uniform than Oregon. Ugh.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:16 PM   #81
Radii
Head Coach

in preperation for the Missouri/Oklahoma game, the Brent Musburger drinking game:

Quote:
WARNING!

Play at your own risk. It is conceivable your whole party will be passed out with 8 mins remaining in the 1st quarter.

*Note: Partner is spelled "Pardner," because that's the way Brent says it.

Rule #1: "The Pardner" A person is picked to be the Pardner at the beginning of the game. The first time Brent says "Pardner," the Pardner has to take 1 drink, and then picks someone else to be the Pardner. The next time Brent says it, the new Pardner has to take 2 drinks, and then pick a new Pardner, and so on and so on. The Pardner must wear a special "Pardner" hat.

Rule #2: "Folks" Everyone drinks 1 when Brent says "Folks." However, if Brent says "Hold on Folks", everyone must drink once but the first person to drink has to finish their drink for not holding on.

Rule #3: "It's a foot race!". Whenever Brent says "It's a foot race" everyone has to finish their drink. The first one done becomes "That Man" and gets to punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #4: "There's that man again". After someone becomes "That Man," they get to give away 3 drinks to someone of their choosing the next time Brent says "That Man." That person then becomes "That Man." If Brent says "That Man" before "It's a footrace," The Pardner becomes That Man. If The Pardner becomes That Man first, he gets to punch the new That Man in the arm twice after giving away the 3 drinks. There must also be a special hat for "That Man."

Rule #5: "Dr. Pepper". Every time Brent says "Dr. Pepper" everyone has to yell out "I'M A PEPPER!" and take 2 drinks. Afterwards, each person must give out a satisfied "AAAAAAAHHHHH!", as if in a Dr. Pepper commercial. Anyone who fails to do so must drink again.

Rule #6: "Jack Arute". Whenever Brent says "Our ol' buddy Jack Arute" everyone has to say "AROOOOOOT!" Last one to do it has to do a shot. If everyone does it simultaneously, the Pardner must do a shot.

Rule #7: "In the college game". Whenever Brent says this little gem, everyone must say "Shut the **** up Brent", drink 2, and punch the Pardner in the arm.

Rule #8: Mentioning a Big 10 school during a Big 12 game. Whenever Brent does this, the first person who names the Big 10 school's mascot gets to make somebody drink for 11 seconds, since there's 11 schools in the Big 10.

Rule #9: Calling a touchdown before the player actually scores. For example, during an interception return, Brent says "It's a touchdown!" before the player actually scores. In this case, everyone must start drinking and continue to drink until the player actually does score. If by some odd event, the player does NOT score, everyone must finish their drink.

Rule #10: "Gary, my man". Whenever Brent says "Gary, my man", the Pardner gets to choose someone to be Gary. From that point on, that person must be referred to as "Gary, my man" until the game is over. "Gary, my man" gets to give away 5 drinks the rest of the game any time Brent says "Gary, my man". If someone talks to "Gary, my man" without calling him that, they have to do a shot. If there is someone playing the game actually named Gary, that person is automatically "Gary, my man".

Rule #11: "The Major". If Brent has a pet nickname for one of the players during the game, for example calling Major Applewhite "The Major", everyone must drink 5 anytime Brent uses this nickname. However, "Gary, my man" does not drink but gets to give away 5 drinks since this person already has a nickname of their own.

Rule #12: "John Saunders". The first time Brent quips with John Saunders, everyone must drink 1. The next time, everyone must drink 2, and so on and so on.

Rule #13: In the booth. Whenever there's a camera shot of Brent in the booth, the Pardner must make a toast to Brent. After the toast, everyone must drink 1.

Rule #14: "My Friend" Every Pardner gets to choose a "Friend." The friend must always get up to get the Pardner another drink (since the Pardner will be doing quite a bit of that). However, when Brent utters "My Friend" the friend gets to punch the Pardner in the arm for making him get up so much.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:29 PM   #82
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Oregon State stops Oregon on 4th an 1 to win the game in OT.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:39 PM   #83
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

The resident Beaver fan checking in; that game took twenty years off my life. At least I don't have to save for retirement now.
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:19 PM   #84
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Not the blowout I wanted to see, but USC has the ball and is up 24-7 with 1:30 to go.

Not sure why you thought it would be. There's no doubting the huge talent disparity between the two teams, but everyone knows UCLA has a good defense. Usually teams with good defenses avoid blowouts simply by keeping the opponent somewhat down, even if as a whole the team is clearly outmatched.

In retrospect, that score is about what we should have expected all along. Midling points from USC scoring on a tough UCLA defense. An awful UCLA offense going up against the top defense in the conference. So neither is a surprise.

I don't know if the Trojies would necessarily show too much of this game in highlight reels, but they did what they needed to do today and got that win. They're a good team and hopefully will represent the conference well.

And I am hoping I just watched the last UCLA game coached by Karl Dorrell.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:23 PM   #85
miami_fan
Coordinator

Mizzou does not have a formation where Daniel sets up under center in the playbook?
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 PM   #86
miami_fan
Coordinator

Sooners up 14-6

Mountaineers up 7-3 with Pat White out for the rest of the game.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #87
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Pitt takes a 10-7 lead on WVU.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #88
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Not sure why you thought it would be. There's no doubting the huge talent disparity between the two teams, but everyone knows UCLA has a good defense. Usually teams with good defenses avoid blowouts simply by keeping the opponent somewhat down, even if as a whole the team is clearly outmatched.

In retrospect, that score is about what we should have expected all along. Midling points from USC scoring on a tough UCLA defense. An awful UCLA offense going up against the top defense in the conference. So neither is a surprise.

I don't know if the Trojies would necessarily show too much of this game in highlight reels, but they did what they needed to do today and got that win. They're a good team and hopefully will represent the conference well.

And I am hoping I just watched the last UCLA game coached by Karl Dorrell.

He didn't say it would be, just he (and me) wanted it to be. Go USC.

Go Pitt.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:48 PM   #89
Radii
Head Coach

Pitt is now up on WVU 10-7.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:50 PM   #90
st.cronin
General Manager

Question: Assuming Mizzou and West Va both lose, why would Georgia move ahead of LSU?

knives out
Old 12-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #91
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Question: Assuming Mizzou and West Va both lose, why would Georgia move ahead of LSU?

Georgia's already ahead of LSU(they're 4th in the BCS Standings). I guess the question is whether someone else resembling a conference champion would leapfrog them or not.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:51 PM   #92
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer View Post
He didn't say it would be, just he (and me) wanted it to be. Go USC.

Go Pitt.

Actually, he did say it would be, in another thread (last week's football thread, I think). But that's beside the point.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 08:52 PM   #93
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:

Don't know if they would but UGA is 4th and LSU is something like 6th.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:54 PM   #94
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Nice to see Missouri getting creative on the 2 pt conversion.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #95
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

It's over there ... no, wait, it's over there ... oops, where'd that guy come from?
Old 12-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #96
Radii
Head Coach

BCS Standings:

1. Missouri .9781
2. West Virginia .9713
3. Ohio State .9192
4. Georgia .8274
5. Kansas .7918
6. Virginia Tech .7811
7. LSU .7744
Old 12-01-2007, 08:56 PM   #97
st.cronin
General Manager

Ok, didn't realize they were "already" ahead (even though its not really a race). I think it would make no sense for a 2 loss conference champion to be ranked below a 2 loss team that finished BEHIND the team that the 2 loss conference champion beat in the conference championship.

By the way, that was a sweeeeeeeeeet 2 point conversion by Mizzou.

knives out
Old 12-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #98
Buccaneer
Head Coach

7th? That would take some kind of move up but you would think SEC #1 would be worth more than SEC #3.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #99
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Ok, didn't realize they were "already" ahead (even though its not really a race). I think it would make no sense for a 2 loss conference champion to be ranked below a 2 loss team that finished BEHIND the team that the 2 loss conference champion beat in the conference championship.

By the way, that was a sweeeeeeeeeet 2 point conversion by Mizzou.

Applying logic and the BCS was your first mistake.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:01 PM   #100
Vegas Vic
Checkraising Tourists

I'd hate to be an OU player when Stoops blasts them at halftime. They're on pace to have 200 penalty yards in this game. It's hard to believe they've managed to keep it tied at halftime.

Last edited by Vegas Vic : 12-01-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Vegas Vic is offline   Reply With Quote