Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-17-2018, 08:14 PM   #9551
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
They kinda have to. It's that or contempt of court.

But it's this fucked double jeopardy bullshit because the affected districts won't have representation in a vote designed to deny them representation for at least another 7 months.

Bonus fun? If Walker had called the elections when those Senators first resigned to join his Administration, the special elections could have been on Tuesday's ballot. Yeah, wankery because the legislature will be out of session the rest of the year, but the court bullshit never needed to happen.

There never needed to be a separate election to cost the state additional money.

And there never needed to be this appearance of 'oh shit we're afraid we're gonna lose hold onto power by any means necessary,' whether that's actually what's going on or not.

But nobody ever went broke betting on the WI GOP to do the dumbest fucking thing imaginable at the worst possible moment.

Just to follow up on this, Walker and the Republicans finally gave in I see and he called for the special elections. Hope the Dems win both by a large margin.

https://www.jsonline.com/story/news/...ill/469000002/
Old 04-17-2018, 08:20 PM   #9552
tarcone
Coordinator

Our state AG has accused Gov. Greitens of using his charities data to contact people for contributions to his campaign. Which is a felony in Missouri.
The AG cannot charge so he is turning the evidence over to St Louis, where it happened.

It has almost passed the statute of limitations. So he is hurrying.

The GOP has called to impeach. The governor is a republican.

Looks bad.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:31 PM   #9553
Thomkal
Head Coach

Still no movement from Greitens on resigning?
Old 04-17-2018, 08:32 PM   #9554
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Greitens' only hope to stay in office may be to institute trial by combat for impeachment.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 08:37 PM   #9555
Thomkal
Head Coach

Guess I can answer my own question:

Eric Greitens‏Verified account @EricGreitens 1h1 hour ago

I will not be resigning the Governor's office. In three weeks, this matter will go to a court of law—where it belongs and where the facts will prove my innocence. Until then, I will do what the people of Missouri sent me here to do: to serve them and work hard on their behalf.
Old 04-17-2018, 08:56 PM   #9556
tarcone
Coordinator

He is very defiant. The committees report about the incident is akin to rape. He is in some deep crap.

I would be shocked if he was around by the end of Summer.

Old 04-18-2018, 02:18 AM   #9557
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Thought this was an interesting tweet that related to the government:

BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:10 AM   #9558
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
This is not exactly true. You can create an attorney-client relationship in a lot of ways, and a retainer is only one of them. As I read Hannity's statement, it's clear he's trying to carefully parse language and events to preserve the chance there's A/C privilege while downplaying the alleged conflict. Stating he "never represented me with regard to third parties" does not preclude an attorney-client relationship being established for general legal advice, whether there is a fee paid or not.

But you can't create attorney-client privilege if you're not a client. Hannity was adamant in saying that he was never a client of Cohen's.

If there's no legally defined relationship, there's no privilege.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 03:24 AM   #9559
SackAttack
Head Coach

Maybe not the specific turn of phrase I'd have chosen given the clouds around you, but you do you, Mr. President.

You do you.
Attached Images
File Type: png spy.PNG (45.4 KB, 284 views)
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:41 AM   #9560
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
But you can't create attorney-client privilege if you're not a client. Hannity was adamant in saying that he was never a client of Cohen's.

Again, you're not stating the law correctly. There are treatises written on what creates an attorney-client relationship. Unless Cohen explicitly disclaimed the existence of one, the descriptions of what happened seem to create the basis for an a-c relationship. (I don't know what was said between the two, so can only speculate.)

Also the statements I've read from Hannity also don't say what you're saying they do. Hannity seems to say the opposite when he says that he assumed his conversations were confidential.

But hey, what do I know?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:32 AM   #9561
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Maybe not the specific turn of phrase I'd have chosen given the clouds around you, but you do you, Mr. President.

You do you.

I thought he had "forgotten" to mention the passing of Barbara Bush but there it is buried under all the crap like that one and blasting Stormy Daniels for the sketch of the guy who tried to intimidate her to leave the President alone. There was this lovely message, pretty clearly not written by him:
Old 04-18-2018, 09:36 AM   #9562
Thomkal
Head Coach

Of course the statement was dated 2017...
Old 04-18-2018, 09:56 AM   #9563
Kodos
Resident Alien

No mention of her low-energy son?
Old 04-18-2018, 10:02 AM   #9564
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Guess I can answer my own question:

Eric Greitens‏Verified account @EricGreitens 1h1 hour ago

I will not be resigning the Governor's office. In three weeks, this matter will go to a court of law—where it belongs and where the facts will prove my innocence. Until then, I will do what the people of Missouri sent me here to do: to serve them and work hard on their behalf.

This has to be the play for everyone moving forward, right? Make someone remove you from office as opposed to resigning. Why would he leave? To spare his family further embarrassment? To protect the honor of the Office of Governor? I think this is the correct play politically given the political environment today.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #9565
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm not a lawyer and don't care about the Hannity case, but I thought in layman's terms if I discuss something with an attorney while considering hiring him (slash he's considering taking on my case), it's covered under attorney-client privilege, even if we don't end up consummating the arrangement and formally signing a contract. If Hannity's argument is that he asked for advice but never formally signed an agreement and became a client or "received an invoice", I think that could technically be true while also being wildly misleading and shady for his lack of disclosure.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #9566
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

South Korea isn't part of the TPP
Old 04-18-2018, 06:51 PM   #9567
Thomkal
Head Coach

Sean Hannity is an "unofficial chief of staff" for the White House: http://www.businessinsider.com/sean-...f-staff-2018-4

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-18-2018 at 06:52 PM.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 07:07 PM   #9568
Thomkal
Head Coach

So McConnell's strategy for dealing with "vulnerable Democrats" in the mid-terms? Lengthen the Senate work week to keep them off the campaign trail:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...om-campaigning
Old 04-18-2018, 07:11 PM   #9569
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
This has to be the play for everyone moving forward, right? Make someone remove you from office as opposed to resigning. Why would he leave? To spare his family further embarrassment? To protect the honor of the Office of Governor? I think this is the correct play politically given the political environment today.

Greitens next step:

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-wa...inst-state-ags
Old 04-18-2018, 07:18 PM   #9570
Thomkal
Head Coach

170 lawmakers sign resolution calling for Pruitt's resignation:
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-env...fs-resignation

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-18-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:23 PM   #9571
Thomkal
Head Coach

Karen McDougall gets a settlement with the National Enquirer and can now freely discuss her affair with Trump:

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/38...d-trump-affair
Old 04-19-2018, 09:01 AM   #9572
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Around here it sounds like the case is going to be tossed today. No doubt this guy is a sleazebag but supposedly the accuser (though I look for a better term because she isn't the one who brought this incident to light) says a lot of the stuff might not have happened or might have been in a dream. For the non-St Louisians not heavily invested in this case the prosecutor is the same one who last year tried the Jason Stockley case years after it was ruled a dead end both locally and by the Feds. She seems a little more interested in publicity than justice in my opinion or is wildly incompetent.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 10:07 AM   #9573
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
Around here it sounds like the case is going to be tossed today.

ksdk.com | Invasion of privacy case against Gov. Greitens to move forward

Or not. In any case I don't expect one to end like most seem to envision with a disgraced governor waving a Nixon-like wave on his way out the door. Really crappy case with really big holes. Will be fun to follow though!
Old 04-19-2018, 10:11 AM   #9574
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

If it's all fake, the GOP run House has to be in on it as well.

That seems unlikely.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:26 AM   #9575
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

dola

Ted Cruz wrote the gushing text for Trump in Time's 100 Most Influential edition. The degradation is complete. What a cuck.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:32 AM   #9576
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
If it's all fake, the GOP run House has to be in on it as well.

That seems unlikely.

It's not fake, there just isn't a shred of proof and the prosecutors know it but are still going forward with the trial. He isn't going to trial for being a dirt-bag who in the governor's mansion instead of a picture of himself in a suit like every other governor has a casual North-face jacket picture of his family because he is not the "normal politician" while he is diddling his hairdresser... he is in trouble because they say he blackmailed her with a picture which nobody has and she has said may have been in a dream and didn't actually happen. Like I said earlier everyone knew Jason Stockley was a dirtbag and likely dirty cop but he never came to trial because they had no proof. However the St. Louis prosecuting attorneys still for whatever reason decided to prosecute an unwinnable case.

As far as the GOP dominated House goes they can't stand the guy either. Unlike Trump Grietens really is an outsider with no political allies.

Last edited by panerd : 04-19-2018 at 10:35 AM.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:00 AM   #9577
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
dola

Ted Cruz wrote the gushing text for Trump in Time's 100 Most Influential edition. The degradation is complete. What a cuck.

You would think after the crazy stories Trump put out about his parents during the campaign, Cruz would be about the last person to do the Time piece on him. I hope the last we hear of him is his losing his re-election (his challenger is within the margin of error in some polls) and deciding never again to run for President. But we probably won't get so lucky.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:16 AM   #9578
Thomkal
Head Coach

Cohen drops libel suits against BuzzFeed, Fusion GPS - POLITICO
Old 04-19-2018, 11:17 AM   #9579
Butter
Coordinator

Found the Greitens truther guys.
Old 04-19-2018, 11:31 AM   #9580
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
Found the Greitens truther guys.

Yeah. Anyone who follows these threads the past 10 years know I rail on and on and on about the two-party system and the idiots who vote lessor of two evils. Well in the Missouri governor's race I voted lessor of two evils and begrudgingly pulled the lever for Koster (D). I could care less if Grietens is impeached and if they did would love some loophole where they could get a Democrat in office to counteract the nonsense that comes out of Jefferson City. I'm just telling you guys nothing is going to happen, there is a case full of holes with no evidence and a lot of shoddy work. But why let facts get in the way of a salacious story.?
Old 04-19-2018, 01:06 PM   #9581
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
You would think after the crazy stories Trump put out about his parents during the campaign, Cruz would be about the last person to do the Time piece on him. I hope the last we hear of him is his losing his re-election (his challenger is within the margin of error in some polls) and deciding never again to run for President. But we probably won't get so lucky.

Wasn’t just his father, Trump made fun of his wife as well. But, if you’ve ever read about Cruz’s past, it isn’t a surprise that he doesn’t care. The man is all about trying to be president and will sell out anything to reach that goal. If he thinks he can get Trump’s base on his side, he’ll sell sell his own son to the highest bidder.

I keep hoping Beto will win, but the “R” next to Cruz’s name will be tough to beat.
Old 04-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #9582
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Just another truther post I know. According to the prosecutors former FBI special investigator William Tisaby didn't have a functional video recording or take any notes while interviewing woman at center of Greitens case...

Screenshot shows prosecutor's office interview of woman at cente - KMOV.com
Old 04-19-2018, 02:12 PM   #9583
Logan
Head Coach

Why was she being interviewed in the kitchen?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2018, 03:19 PM   #9584
Thomkal
Head Coach

Kris Kobach showing why he was an excellent choice for Trump's voter fraud commission:

Kris Kobach, Face of Trump’s Voter Fraud Panel, Is Held in Contempt by Judge - The New York Times
Old 04-19-2018, 04:28 PM   #9585
tarcone
Coordinator

The Greitens drama continues

The judge is allowing the trial to go forward after a defense motion to throw it out.
And Greitens has also filed a temporary restraining order against the state AG.

Man, this is must watch.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #9586
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Rudy is Trump's new lawyer and he says he's going to talk to Mueller and get this wrapped up in a couple of weeks.

lol
Old 04-19-2018, 07:40 PM   #9587
Thomkal
Head Coach

yes well if you needed evidence Rudy was a bit mentally unstable...
Old 04-19-2018, 07:47 PM   #9588
Thomkal
Head Coach

Not shocking, but shocking:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-bushs-funeral

Melania is going in his place. Thought Pence might be the choice here.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:05 PM   #9589
Thomkal
Head Coach

Well Comey was ordered to release his memos to Congress...who then promptly leaked them to the press:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/19/polit...mos/index.html

Edit: And Trump has tweeted about it:

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump

James Comey Memos just out and show clearly that there was NO COLLUSION and NO OBSTRUCTION. Also, he leaked classified information. WOW! Will the Witch Hunt continue?

Last edited by Thomkal : 04-19-2018 at 10:47 PM.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:33 PM   #9590
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump not happy with his Supreme Court pick after Gorsuch was the deciding vote in the recent immigration case they heard:

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-...liberal-report
Old 04-20-2018, 08:41 AM   #9591
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Trump not happy with his Supreme Court pick after Gorsuch was the deciding vote in the recent immigration case they heard:

http://thehill.com/regulation/court-...liberal-report

Maybe Gorsuch will get called in for a "loyalty dinner" with the Prez.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 09:20 AM   #9592
mckerney
Coordinator

Why Were Republicans So Desperate To Release the Embarrassing Comey Memos? Here’s One Explanation.

Quote:
This all ultimately seems to explain why House Republicans were so eager to get these memos into the public. It seems as though they thought the memos would prove Comey had illegally leaked classified information and lied about it. It seems as though they were basing this entirely on a bit of contradictory—and likely inaccurate—Fox News reporting. And it seems that this contradictory, likely inaccurate reporting was done by Fox News to help validate this Donald Trump tweet, which was sent two days after Comey’s Senate testimony:
Quote:
Finally, it seems that the memos released prove the exact opposite: the apparently leaked documents were never and still aren’t classified.

Ultimately, this is likely why on Thursday night we learned that Putin was allegedly discussing Russian hookers with Trump, that the president appears to have been obsessed with the pee tape to a previously undisclosed degree, and apparently had his chief of staff ask the FBI director if Mike Flynn was being bugged.

You'd think Congressional Republicans would know better than to trust what's on Fox News.

Last edited by mckerney : 04-20-2018 at 09:24 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:17 AM   #9593
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Maybe Gorsuch will get called in for a "loyalty dinner" with the Prez.

I hope he takes notes
Old 04-20-2018, 10:28 AM   #9594
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
I hope he takes notes

"Tapes" tho
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #9595
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Why Were Republicans So Desperate To Release the Embarrassing Comey Memos? Here’s One Explanation.

You'd think Congressional Republicans would know better than to trust what's on Fox News.

The President does, so why shouldn't they? I think they thought that America would have a "hallelujah moment" and say OMG those crazy Republicans were right after all. Instead they just showed to what lengths of craziness they will go to.
Old 04-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #9596
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
"Tapes" tho

even better
Old 04-20-2018, 12:07 PM   #9597
Thomkal
Head Coach

DNC sues Russian government, Trump campaign, WikiLeaks alleging 2016 conspiracy plot - POLITICO
Old 04-20-2018, 01:03 PM   #9598
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

The DNC already coming up with brilliant strategies to blow what should be a cakewalk 2018 mid-term.
Old 04-20-2018, 01:13 PM   #9599
molson
General Manager

Let's remember too that Trump as the nominee, and all the momentum he got from that, was always a part of the Democrats master plan as well. Trump had many enablers.

They Always Wanted Trump - POLITICO Magazine
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2018, 01:25 PM   #9600
digamma
Torchbearer

It's actually re-litigating 2016. Jeez.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote