Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #9501
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

What is the proper greeting to someone who is standing in their front yard while 4 cop cars are pulled up in their driveway/in front of the house?

Simply wanted to take my kids to Target to pick out a couple back to school things earlier...open the garage, walk out...cop car in neighbors driveway, 3 more in the street, one of the blocking our driveway.

The have 3 kids - boys about 19 and 17, daughter about 14. Don't see any of them, or the mom, front door is closed, and dad is pacing in the yard.

I get my kids in the car, the cop car does move for us. As I'm getting in, the dad is walking heading towards my house, and looks up at me,

"How's it goin'?" was my instinct. He didn't answer.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #9502
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Watching Overdrawn at the Memory Bank. I miss MST3K

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:29 PM   #9503
bhlloy
Coordinator

The US version of the inbetweeners looks epically shit. When none of the moments in the trailer are funny you know you are going to be in trouble. It's like they lifted the characters verbatim from the BBC version but forgot all of the humor
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 PM   #9504
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
What is the proper greeting to someone who is standing in their front yard while 4 cop cars are pulled up in their driveway/in front of the house?

Smirk-smile and nod?
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 11:57 PM   #9505
DougW
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

Kinda loud .. What's up Jimmy ? They didn't find your stash did they ?
DougW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 12:47 AM   #9506
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Ambien and this...Fifty Shades Generator | Terrible erotic fiction at the click of a button

make for me laughing my ass off so loud that the neighbor in my hotel started banging on the wall...or was busy reading 50 shades...
Old 08-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #9507
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

We have a parking honor box at work similar to the one linked below and I've often seen people not paying. How do these bad boys work? Can the parking lot owner tell who pays and who doesn't?

Honor Boxes : Parking Lot Supplies and Traffic Supplies Parkingzone.com (TM)

SI

Old 08-21-2012, 11:37 AM   #9508
Grover
Pro Starter

I got the new ESPN Magazine, the NFL Preview. No AFC North preview. What the hell.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:39 AM   #9509
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
I got the new ESPN Magazine, the NFL Preview. No AFC North preview. What the hell.

That's DLC...only 99 cents more!

[/cynicism]
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 11:48 AM   #9510
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

They were contracted. You didn't hear about it?
Old 08-21-2012, 10:19 PM   #9511
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

From the file of crappy music hell, Avril Lavigne and Chad Kroeger got engaged.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:29 PM   #9512
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The day the music cried?
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:26 AM   #9513
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I kind of wonder what it would be like if my parent's generation had Facebook, and if they would complain about work on FB as much as this generation does. It feels like the hip thing to do for some people.

The Garth Brooks song "Unanswered Prayers" also seems appropriate considering who one of the complainers is.

Last edited by Matthean : 08-23-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 12:28 AM   #9514
korme
Go Reds

The hip thing to do on Facebook is to bitch about some monotonous thing and hope everyone likes it, or post baby pics or post about how great your husband is, basically 3 angles no one else cares about
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:41 AM   #9515
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Less AFC North = more Tebow!
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:06 AM   #9516
gstelmack
Pro Starter

So Progress Energy is running commercials around here about energy savings, including the gem "if you set your thermostat no lower than 78 degrees, you can enjoy your air conditioning and still save money." I don't count my thermostat being at 78 as "enjoying my air conditioning".
Old 08-23-2012, 08:24 AM   #9517
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
The hip thing to do on Facebook is to bitch about some monotonous thing and hope everyone likes it, or post baby pics or post about how great your husband is, basically 3 angles no one else cares about

I have more of the baby/young children pics than anything that show up in my feed. But it's a small handful that do it.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:33 AM   #9518
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

This is spoken like someone who is young.

I post a ton of baby pics on facebook. Reason being is my closest family is 3000 miles away and they like to see regular pics of my son. This is as good a way as any.

I think a lot of people are similar to me. They are friends with their parents/siblings/ etc...and those people enjoy seeing pics of their grandchildren, nieces, etc...

I know as an uncle I love seeing pics of my niece and nephews, and likewise, I know my SIL and BIL who live in London love seeing pics of my son since they see him maybe once a year.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #9519
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
So Progress Energy is running commercials around here about energy savings, including the gem "if you set your thermostat no lower than 78 degrees, you can enjoy your air conditioning and still save money." I don't count my thermostat being at 78 as "enjoying my air conditioning".

What do you set your thermostat to? When we lived in Delaware we set it to 74 and it felt good. Moved to Florida and we leave it on 78 - and I don't notice a difference. The only thing I can think is that our air conditioner down here (newly purchased) also actively regulates our humidity and keeps it at 45%. I'm also one of those guys that can't stand heat, so it surprised me I was this tolerant of a higher temp on my AC.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #9520
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
What do you set your thermostat to? When we lived in Delaware we set it to 74 and it felt good. Moved to Florida and we leave it on 78 - and I don't notice a difference. The only thing I can think is that our air conditioner down here (newly purchased) also actively regulates our humidity and keeps it at 45%. I'm also one of those guys that can't stand heat, so it surprised me I was this tolerant of a higher temp on my AC.

I'm a 72 man, although I do fiddle with it a bit at any particular house to make sure it's comfortable.

In Florida it's probably running all the time, and the moving air helps it feel coolor, plus you adjust to warmer temps in general.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #9521
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I post a ton of baby pics on facebook. Reason being is my closest family is 3000 miles away and they like to see regular pics of my son. This is as good a way as any. I think a lot of people are similar to me. They are friends with their parents/siblings/ etc...and those people enjoy seeing pics of their grandchildren, nieces, etc... I know as an uncle I love seeing pics of my niece and nephews, and likewise, I know my SIL and BIL who live in London love seeing pics of my son since they see him maybe once a year.

Pretty much this.

I'm at the age where my friends are starting to have grandchildren, I'm consistently pleased (occasionally amused) to see them, since pics on FB are pretty much the only way that's likely to happen.

Same goes for my friends with children - from toddlers to teens. Those kids are a big part of their lives (or at least should be) and if they're friend enough to be on my FB in the first place then I'm interested in what's happening with them.
Old 08-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #9522
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

We set ours at 77 with fans running. Occasionally we'll drop it to 76. And I love being cold, but I can't afford it and the girls would get too cold anyway. If I set mine at 72 I'd probably be paying $500+ a month in electric.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #9523
JediKooter
Coordinator

Do you like Robot Chicken?

Do you like Star Wars?

If you said yes to both, then check this out: Star Wars Detours | Facebook

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:21 PM   #9524
sabotai
General Manager

Shelley Long (Diane from Cheers) is 63 years old today.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #9525
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
We set ours at 77 with fans running. Occasionally we'll drop it to 76. And I love being cold, but I can't afford it and the girls would get too cold anyway. If I set mine at 72 I'd probably be paying $500+ a month in electric.

That's funny. Being from ND I still prefer the cold to the hot. It's cheap to cool my house compared to heating it, so I have a tendency to keep it cooler in the summer or else I can't function, and keep it on the chillier side in the winder. A heating bill could easily be twice what my cooling bill is in a cold month.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:53 PM   #9526
StLee
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post

I post a ton of baby pics on facebook. Reason being is my closest family is 3000 miles away and they like to see regular pics of my son. This is as good a way as any.

I think a lot of people are similar to me. They are friends with their parents/siblings/ etc...and those people enjoy seeing pics of their grandchildren, nieces, etc...

I know as an uncle I love seeing pics of my niece and nephews, and likewise, I know my SIL and BIL who live in London love seeing pics of my son since they see him maybe once a year.

That's exactly it for me. I live in Korea, but my family lives in Louisiana. Facebook is a convenient medium to share the development of my son. Also, I warned my friends that I would be posting lots of pictures and videos. If they don't like them, it is quite easy to unsubscribe from my feed.

Softball in Korea 1 and 2: http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...softball+korea + http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...ad.php?t=83736
StLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 07:56 PM   #9527
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Agreed with the husband thing.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #9528
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post

I agree Steve, your husband is great.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:02 PM   #9529
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I get the whole baby thing to some degree. Some people are obnoxious, nobody from here though. I also give 30+ year old's with babies free reign to post whatever though. Obnoxious 20 somethings who shit out 4+ welfare babies should probably keep their beautiful mistakes to themselves.

And I think we've totally overestimated the whole thing worth how many 5 year olds we can take in a fight. FOFC has some hoss babies growing.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:03 PM   #9530
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:

My wife had so much good to say about me that she quit Facebook altogether.
Old 08-23-2012, 08:15 PM   #9531
Galaxy
Coordinator

Work/Business related:

Stop sending me e-mail invites/confirmations to "schedule" our meeting that we just scheduled in the previous e-mail. I know what time we are meeting-since we just discussed it in the e-mail; is it too hard for you to remember? Stop wasting my time and spamming me with more e-mails.

My rant for the day.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #9532
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Work/Business related:

Stop sending me e-mail invites/confirmations to "schedule" our meeting that we just scheduled in the previous e-mail. I know what time we are meeting-since we just discussed it in the e-mail; is it too hard for you to remember? Stop wasting my time and spamming me with more e-mails.

My rant for the day.

You work with Pumpy?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:51 PM   #9533
sabotai
General Manager

Playing a random battleground in WoW tonight. We're losing Alterac Valley badly. I say "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!?"

I get a flood of variations of "LOL, that was the Japanese!"

*sigh* Kids these days....
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 11:54 PM   #9534
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Playing a random battleground in WoW tonight. We're losing Alterac Valley badly. I say "Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!?"

I get a flood of variations of "LOL, that was the Japanese!"

*sigh* Kids these days....

I had one of those moments a couple semesters ago when I referenced some '90s singer, I forget which one.. and they all stared at me blankly.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:06 AM   #9535
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I had one of those moments a couple semesters ago when I referenced some '90s singer, I forget which one.. and they all stared at me blankly.

Had one the other day at work.

Me and a lady a little older than me were talking about multimedia giants and Ted Turner's name came up. No one else in the room knew who he was.

I guess it has been 10-15 years since he gave up control of his networks and such. People don't recognize the "WTBS" or "TNT" as anything related to him nowadays.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 12:12 AM   #9536
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Got the dreaded MLM pitch from a guy at work. Probably going to avoid his calls for the near future. Some fuel additive bullshit.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:51 AM   #9537
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Got the dreaded MLM pitch from a guy at work. Probably going to avoid his calls for the near future. Some fuel additive bullshit.

Get rich quick people are always that "one great idea" away from getting rich. And they never understand why they never have any money when they keep sinking it into crap like that.

SI

Old 08-24-2012, 06:05 AM   #9538
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Work/Business related:

My rant for the day.
See I find this interesting. Given that we have a shared calendar system here, when I'm setting up a meeting I send out the invite as the "confirmation" of the meeting and as a courtesy as those attending the meeting can place it on their calendar easily.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #9539
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Installing an update to my phone for the FB app, I learned that the plural for emoticon is apparently emoji. Alrighty then.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 08:28 AM   #9540
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
See I find this interesting. Given that we have a shared calendar system here, when I'm setting up a meeting I send out the invite as the "confirmation" of the meeting and as a courtesy as those attending the meeting can place it on their calendar easily.

I use them to schedule the meeting in the first place. Find a time (in Outlook) the meeting room and all the attendees are available, send the invite out with information on the meeting, and deal with the folks who can't be bothered to keep their calendar up-to-date to finalize scheduling.

Last edited by gstelmack : 08-24-2012 at 08:28 AM.
gstelmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:09 AM   #9541
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorvTurnerOverdrive View Post
i've probably never used "apostrophe s" correctly in 35 years on this planet.

if it's a possession or contraction it gets an apostrophe. simple!!!!!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:31 AM   #9542
Suicane75
Coordinator

Ijustspilledteamomykeyoardadowmostofmyottomtworowsofkeysdotwork.fuck.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:34 AM   #9543
molson
General Manager

Great random website if you need a little break and like dogs:

Dogshaming
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 AM   #9544
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
if it's a possession or contraction it gets an apostrophe. simple!!!!!

Except, you see, a possessive "its" doesn't get an apostrophe.
Old 08-24-2012, 11:51 AM   #9545
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Don't try to steal from LL Cool J.

'Mama said knock you out': LL Cool J broke burglary suspect's nose, jaw, ribs - CNN.com
Old 08-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #9546
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Well...My girlfriend gave me her old car because she wanted a new one and I needed a newer car (My POS I bought last July failed the state inspection and needs $1300 worth of work)

Que me getting home and excited to have a newer car and placing the Hyundai key somewhere....now I can't find the thing, I have someone willing to give me what the scrap yard will for it and no key to be found.....SMH..
Old 08-25-2012, 06:18 PM   #9547
Izulde
Head Coach

Natalie Portman is like, one of the top 5 most beautiful girls I've seen in person.

Alas, I didn't get a chance to meet her, nor boobhonk her like one of our other FOFC regs did.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 01:12 AM   #9548
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I didn't get a chance to boobhonk her like one of our other FOFC regs did.

I missed this story!
Old 08-26-2012, 06:21 PM   #9549
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sometimes people (and entities) have to be careful what they wish for. For example: "You are hearby summoned and commanded to lay all business aside & personally appear in the Athens-Clarke County Courthouse on Sept 24, 2012 to serve as a trial juror for the Superior Court"

I suppose that's a generally okay idea if you're a prosecutor, if you're a criminal defense attorney I have to think I'm among your worst nightmares. My luck? I'll end up on some utter b.s. civil case where I'll be wishing a pox upon both parties.

Last edited by JonInMiddleGA : 08-26-2012 at 06:21 PM.
JonInMiddleGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 08:26 PM   #9550
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
My luck? I'll end up on some utter b.s. civil case where I'll be wishing a pox upon both parties.

And hopefully it'll drag on forever.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote