Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-11-2018, 10:21 AM   #9451
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post

So did he just admit to obstructing justice?

Yes that is what I wondered when I saw the tweet. Legal minds will have to weigh in on it.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:40 AM   #9452
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
There's always a tweet

So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:49 AM   #9453
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Ryan not exactly getting praise for his career:

"Paul Ryan" - Twitter Search

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
There's always a tweet

Expecting this one to be relevant this weekend.

Last edited by mckerney : 04-11-2018 at 11:19 AM.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #9454
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Inside the Decade-Long Russian Campaign to Infiltrate the NRA and Help Elect Trump
Femme fatales, lavish Moscow parties and dark money – how Russia worked the National Rifle Association
https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...-trump-w518587

Quote:
As part of Putin's "active measures," Hall says, Russia has attempted to influence right-wing and populist factions abroad, preaching unity around social conservatism: "'We're both religious-based countries – we have the Orthodox Church that's a big deal for us.' " The Russians, Hall believes, "made a natural transition in the United States to the NRA"; over time Putin became determined to exploit the American gun lobby "and decided Mr. Torshin is going to be the guy to do it for him."

Quote:
Right to Bear Arms' international outreach extended to John Bolton, the former U.N. ambassador and longtime NRA activist, who now serves as President Trump's national security adviser. In late 2013, a video appeared online of Bolton delivering an address to Right to Bear Arms, as the group was pursuing a gun-rights amendment to the Russian constitution. (That campaign – like much of Right to Bear Arms' political agenda – has foundered.) Through his bushy mustache, Bolton praised Putin's autocratic country as a "force for democracy in the world," and encouraged the Russian activists. "Good luck on your journey," he said, "into a new century of freedom."

Quote:
The Russians also rubbed elbows with Scott Walker, then a viable candidate, and the beneficiary of more than $3.5 million from the NRA over his career. Walker charmed Butina when they first met, she blogged, greeting her in Russian. "We talked about Russia," she wrote. "I did not hear any aggression towards our country, the president or my compatriots." Two months later, Butina traveled to Waukesha, Wisconsin, to attend Walker's official presidential launch.
BBT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #9455
Thomkal
Head Coach

Trump warned about the missile attack on Syria-before a strategy had been decided:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/polit...ets/index.html
Old 04-11-2018, 04:53 PM   #9456
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Trump warned about the missile attack on Syria-before a strategy had been decided:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/11/polit...ets/index.html

Old 04-11-2018, 05:16 PM   #9457
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Don't see how he survives this politcally

Woman: Sexual encounter with Greitens was not consensual. Lawmakers find her credible | The Kansas City Star
Old 04-11-2018, 06:10 PM   #9458
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post

The article doesn't even do the testimony justice. That guy is a sick man.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 07:24 PM   #9459
Thomkal
Head Coach

yeah no way he survives this. But then Donald Trump survived the Access Hollywood tape, so who knows?

Makes you wonder if he was doing stuff like this to his wife too.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:30 PM   #9460
Edward64
Head Coach

I don't know why Mueller is interested in the Access Hollywood incident and don't see how this can hurt Trump?

Unless its to find more dirt on Cohen and have him flip? But if I was Cohen, I would think if there is one person that Trump would pardon if he kept his mouth shut, it would be Cohen.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #9461
digamma
Torchbearer

Where has it been reported that Mueller is interested in those tapes? The SDNY issued the subpoena.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 09:34 PM   #9462
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
yeah no way he survives this. But then Donald Trump survived the Access Hollywood tape, so who knows?

This, this 1000 times THIS!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 10:30 PM   #9463
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma View Post
Where has it been reported that Mueller is interested in those tapes? The SDNY issued the subpoena.

You are right, I assumed.

Quote:
It is not clear how the F.B.I. entered Mr. Cohen’s office, but agents had a search warrant and typically would have presented it to office personnel to be let in. The documents identified in the warrant date back years, according to a person briefed on the search.

The prosecutors obtained the search warrant after receiving a referral from the special counsel in the Russia investigation, Robert S. Mueller III, according to Mr. Cohen’s lawyer, who called the search “completely inappropriate and unnecessary.” The search does not appear to be directly related to Mr. Mueller’s investigation, but most likely resulted from information that he had uncovered and gave to prosecutors in New York.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:44 AM   #9464
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Unless its to find more dirt on Cohen and have him flip? But if I was Cohen, I would think if there is one person that Trump would pardon if he kept his mouth shut, it would be Cohen.
I strongly suspect you're right, but can you imagine what it would feel like to be literally wagering your freedom on Trump's loyalty?

Imagine sitting up at night thinking "I will go to jail for a long time and lose everything I have if this guy changes his mind, or gets distracted by something else, or decides to throw me under the bus, or is having a cranky day, or somebody on the TV tells him not to help me." Good luck to these guys who have to take that risk.
Old 04-12-2018, 09:52 AM   #9465
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
I don't know why Mueller is interested in the Access Hollywood incident and don't see how this can hurt Trump?

Trump's name is mentioned in the warrants several times, so not just Cohen they were interested in:

Michael Cohen search warrant documents mentioned Trump by name - CBS News
Old 04-12-2018, 10:06 AM   #9466
mckerney
Coordinator

Exclusive: Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey

Quote:
President Donald Trump's allies are preparing an extensive campaign to fight back against James Comey's publicity tour, trying to undermine the credibility of the former FBI director by reviving the blistering Democratic criticism of him before he was fired nearly a year ago.

The battle plan against Comey, obtained by CNN, calls for branding the nation's former top law enforcement official as "Lyin' Comey" through a website, digital advertising and talking points to be sent to Republicans across the country before his memoir is released next week. The White House signed off on the plan, which is being overseen by the Republican National Committee.

Last edited by mckerney : 04-12-2018 at 10:12 AM.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:12 PM   #9467
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Makes you wonder if he was doing stuff like this to his wife too.

This is much worse than Trump's stuff.
Old 04-12-2018, 02:24 PM   #9468
whomario
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckerney View Post
Exclusive: Inside the GOP plan to discredit Comey

I know this whole thing is not really her fault, but i still wish a reporter would quote her that in one of her briefings ...
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #9469
Thomkal
Head Coach

Former doorman at Trump Tower comes forward with a story about how the owners of the National Enquirer had a confidentiality agreement with him. It was leaked to the press and had this statement about it:

Sonia Moghe‏Verified account @soniamoghe 52m52 minutes ago

The former TT doorman stands by his story of Trump’s alleged affair.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:48 PM   #9470
Thomkal
Head Coach

sorry for the size of the text there
Old 04-12-2018, 04:04 PM   #9471
Thomkal
Head Coach

does sound a bit doubtful the story is true from what I read here:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...keeper-because
Old 04-12-2018, 04:22 PM   #9472
tarcone
Coordinator

Greitens (MO Gov.) is in some hot water. The legislative committee investigating this situation came out and hammered him. Its a 25 page document and it is brutal.
Everyone in the state is calling for him to resign. He refuses to go. ANd denies everything.

I cannot see him surviving this. But in politics, you never know.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:36 PM   #9473
mckerney
Coordinator

Comey: Trump asked me to investigate ‘pee tape’ to reassure Melania

Quote:
President Trump wanted James Comey to investigate the infamous “pee tape” allegations — to reassure Melania that he hadn’t actually paid Russian hookers to urinate on a hotel bed, the former FBI chief claims in his upcoming book.

“He brought up what he called the ‘golden showers thing’ … adding that it bothered him if there was ‘even a one percent chance’ his wife, Melania, thought it was true,” Comey writes in “A Higher Loyalty: Truth, Lies, and Leadership,” a copy of which was obtained by The Post.

“He just rolled on, unprompted, explaining why it couldn’t possibly be true, ending by saying he was thinking of asking me to investigate the allegation to prove it was a lie. I said it was up to him.”

Last edited by mckerney : 04-12-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:59 PM   #9474
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarcone View Post
Greitens (MO Gov.) is in some hot water. The legislative committee investigating this situation came out and hammered him. Its a 25 page document and it is brutal.
Everyone in the state is calling for him to resign. He refuses to go. ANd denies everything.

I cannot see him surviving this. But in politics, you never know.

I mentioned earlier that I thought this was bad and his undoing. But just saw a poll showing he still has over 60% approval among his own party.

Maybe it's just different times where everything is political. You have to take opposing sides on everything. And apparently being pro-rape is a stance a party will take in this country.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:07 PM   #9475
Atocep
Coordinator

This tweet has to be a new low for the U.S. Presidency.

Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:21 PM   #9476
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by whomario View Post
I know this whole thing is not really her fault, but i still wish a reporter would quote her that in one of her briefings ...

TBH, I kinda like what she has done in a tough situation, especially considering what she inherited from Spicer.

I hope she stays out a year, leave for more money and less headaches.

I do think if she stays for the duration, she'll be forever implicated with Trump. However, if she leaves after a year, I would see that as a smart move for career advancement.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:29 PM   #9477
Edward64
Head Coach

Good to see Kudlow may be having an effect. Don't think TPP was the perfect deal but it was going to strategically help the US and blunt China in our economic war so I'm all for doing something vs nothing.

Trump flirts with re-entering massive trade pact - POLITICO
Quote:
President Donald Trump mollified some of his most ardent trade critics on Thursday, opening up the door to re-engaging in a massive trade deal he campaigned against and reassuring them that a NAFTA renegotiation is on track.

After alarming free-trade Republicans with threats to levy tariffs on up to $150 billion in Chinese imports, Trump has reached a temporary truce with them. He told a group of farm-state senators, governors and House members that he directed economic adviser Larry Kudlow and U.S. Trade Representative Robert Lighthizer to examine whether re-entering the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact makes sense, a strong signal that he’s heard their concerns.

“He got it really loudly and clearly today from a lot of us,” said Sen. John Thune of South Dakota, a member of Republican leadership, after the meeting at the White House on Thursday. “If you want to send a message to China, the best way to do that is to start doing business with their competitors. So he was very open to it.”
Old 04-12-2018, 07:14 PM   #9478
Thomkal
Head Coach

So got this message today on Facebook on the heels of Zuckerberg's testimony this week:

Protecting Your Information

We understand the importance of keeping your data safe.
We have banned the app "This Is Your Digital Life," which one of your friends used Facebook to log into. We did this because the app may have misused some of your Facebook information by sharing it with a company called Cambridge Analytica. In most cases, the information was limited to public profile, Page likes, birthday, and current city.
You can learn more about what happened and how you can remove apps and websites anytime if you no longer want them to have access to your Facebook information.
There is more work to do, but we are committed to confronting abuse and to putting you in control of your privacy.
Old 04-12-2018, 07:17 PM   #9479
Thomkal
Head Coach

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-recordings-of
Old 04-12-2018, 07:34 PM   #9480
jct32
Mascot

Quote:
So got this message today on Facebook on the heels of Zuckerberg's testimony this week:

Protecting Your Information

We understand the importance of keeping your data safe.
We have banned the app "This Is Your Digital Life," which one of your friends used Facebook to log into. We did this because the app may have misused some of your Facebook information by sharing it with a company called Cambridge Analytica. In most cases, the information was limited to public profile, Page likes, birthday, and current city.
You can learn more about what happened and how you can remove apps and websites anytime if you no longer want them to have access to your Facebook information.
There is more work to do, but we are committed to confronting abuse and to putting you in control of your privacy.

They were supposed to start rolling that out on Monday for everyone even if they weren't affected. Still haven't got my notification yet. However, I don't use Facebook much and I knew to stay away from apps and games on Facebook.
jct32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 08:38 PM   #9481
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Did Cohen learn nothing from Nixon? Even Stringer Bell knew you don't make records of a criminal fucking conspiracy.
Old 04-12-2018, 08:47 PM   #9482
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Looks like Scooter Libby is getting a full pardon. Party of law and order LOL
President Trump poised to pardon Scooter Libby, Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, sources say - ABC News
Old 04-12-2018, 10:05 PM   #9483
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Looks like Scooter Libby is getting a full pardon. Party of law and order LOL
President Trump poised to pardon Scooter Libby, Dick Cheney's former chief of staff, sources say - ABC News

Ah his almost lawyers have been urging a pardon for Libby. Guess that was a thank you anyway gift to them.
Old 04-12-2018, 10:24 PM   #9484
Thomkal
Head Coach

He just cannot let his feud with Amazon slip away:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...postal-service
Old 04-12-2018, 10:30 PM   #9485
Thomkal
Head Coach

RNC shows their version of the Comey book cover:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...ith-ego-attack
Old 04-12-2018, 10:50 PM   #9486
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:

Maybe he can bring back the pony express or smoke signals while he’s at it.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:39 PM   #9487
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I'd say it would be funny if Amazon just said fuck it, we won't use the postal service anymore. But a bunch of people working for the postal service would be out of jobs.
Old 04-13-2018, 06:26 AM   #9488
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:

The funny thing is that this sounds like something a Democrat would do. Explore issues relatedto monopolies, interfere with Capitalism tooithe extent that it benefits the greater good, etc. If Obama tried anything like this the right would have birthed a literal cow, and painted Obama with a hammer and sickle.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2018, 12:50 PM   #9489
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Have to admit this tweet is funny on a day that he pardons Scooter Libby for leaking and lying.
Old 04-13-2018, 12:56 PM   #9490
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Or that Trump basically describes himself
Old 04-13-2018, 02:03 PM   #9491
mckerney
Coordinator

Last edited by mckerney : 04-13-2018 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #9492
mckerney
Coordinator

In other words, it isn't clear to Fox which member of Congress is Devin Nunes.
Old 04-13-2018, 07:45 PM   #9493
Thomkal
Head Coach

So remember all those denials that Michael Cohen made about never going to Prague in his life, let alone to meet with a Russian Oligarch during the 2016 campaign. You know the ones made in the Steele Dossier...

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/383...lection-report
Old 04-13-2018, 07:46 PM   #9494
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The pee tape is real!
Old 04-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #9495
Thomkal
Head Coach

Looks like its about to happen in Syria:

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ation-on-syria
Old 04-13-2018, 08:24 PM   #9496
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

I have to admit that Trump struck the right tone and I’m pleased that we’re doing it with allies.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:56 PM   #9497
BBT
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
I have to admit that Trump struck the right tone and I’m pleased that we’re doing it with allies.

There are moments that Trump can seem quite presidential. If he was like that 75% of the time, he'd probably be a relatively popular president. However, he's only like that about 10% of the time at best.

Agreed that it's better that we're doing this with allies. Reports on the ground are that the Russians are helping to provide air defense and attempting to shoot down missiles.
Old 04-13-2018, 08:59 PM   #9498
cartman
Death Herald

Always a tweet

Old 04-13-2018, 09:37 PM   #9499
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Missed the big news while watching the HBO Andre the Giant documentary.
Old 04-14-2018, 07:20 AM   #9500
tarcone
Coordinator

If Syria attacks Israeli, start praying. The end is coming.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote