Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-18-2023, 06:17 PM   #901
RainMaker
General Manager

Holy shit I think Travis just broke his leg.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 06:18 PM   #902
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Looks like it. Awful.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 06:19 PM   #903
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Down 14-0 to a team that has played 1 FBS team in its history and then lose a school legend on senior night with a chance to win a national championship. This is unbelievable.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 06:20 PM   #904
Ksyrup

I'm so sick to my stomach I could throw up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-18-2023, 06:22 PM   #905
Ksyrup

The crazy thing is Travis has barely run this year except when they've absolutely needed it, and then he breaks his leg against North fucking Alabama.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:23 PM   #906
GrantDawg

The back up looks like a wide receiver.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:29 PM   #907
GrantDawg

Man, Auburn just got spanked by New Mexico State.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:31 PM   #908
GrantDawg

Nov 26th 2022: New Mexico State goes to Liberty and beats Hugh Freeze 49-14.
Nov 18th 2023: New Mexico State goes to Auburn and beats Hugh Freeze 31-10.
I don’t know what the hell he did to the Aggies, but they have never forgiven him for it.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:31 PM   #909
Ksyrup

I don't care how bad Tate Rodemaker plays, I was at Louisville last year when he came in for an injured Travis and played out of his mind in the 2nd half to win a game we absolutely should have lost. He played a small but crucial part of changing the trajectory of FSU starting last year.

But yeah, these next few games are going to be an audition for next year. He'll be a senior and the only QB on the roster with any real time on the field.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-18-2023 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:41 PM   #910
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Man, Auburn just got spanked by New Mexico State.

And paid NMSU $1.8 million for the pleasure.
Old 11-18-2023, 07:30 PM   #911
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

CrimsonFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 07:42 PM   #912
Ksyrup

What the hell's wrong with you?

Anyway, I guess since it's the CW, they give no fucks about showing his injury multiple times, including the dangling ankle/shin coming back from halftime. Come on.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:01 PM   #913
cuervo72
Head Coach

"Atticus Sappington" is a real person's name.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:22 PM   #914
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The playoff committee is hoping that FSU loses before the playoffs.
Old 11-18-2023, 08:25 PM   #915
rjolley
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post

Anyway, I guess since it's the CW, they give no fucks about showing his injury multiple times, including the dangling ankle/shin coming back from halftime. Come on.

I'm watching Florida-Missouri on ESPN and they've shown the injury multiple times. Very surprised they did.
rjolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 10:04 PM   #916
Ksyrup

Just seeing the UCLA/USC score. I keep reading that Chip Kelly is a dead man walking. I suppose UCLA should have fired him like A&M did Jimbo before he pulled off a good win against a rival.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:17 PM   #917
Ksyrup

So FSU/UF next week looks like backup QB vs backup QB.
Old 11-18-2023, 10:22 PM   #918
bronconick
College Starter

So like 1998, but worse.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2023, 10:37 PM   #919
Ksyrup

The Rooster!
Old 11-18-2023, 11:13 PM   #920
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:

heh people say that to me a lot lately. there are no answers

And I really didn't know what you guys were talking about as I hadn't watched anything. I was just reacting to the humorous sounding overreaction to it and the notion that yet ANOTHER big player has a season ending injury in a month of extreme season ending injuries...

But then I went and found the video. Wow....that was yukky. That just doesn't happen. Either that guy doesn't drink enough milk or he was tackled by a superstrength alien. Either way it reminded me of that equally yukky kickboxing video I saw long ago.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:14 PM   #921
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjolley View Post
I'm watching Florida-Missouri on ESPN and they've shown the injury multiple times. Very surprised they did.

yeah surprsisedc for sure. Surprised I found it on youtube as well.
Old 11-18-2023, 11:44 PM   #922
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

GT beats Syracuse ... who effectively played without a QB, rotating direct snaps to a TE and a RB.

The TE went 14/14 passing for 59 yards.
Old 11-19-2023, 07:49 AM   #923
Ksyrup

Finale on the CW next week - Wake vs Syracuse! Must-see TV.
Old 11-19-2023, 07:57 AM   #924
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
The Rooster!

Keon Coleman and Johnny Wilson need to decide who's throwing a pass next week

Seminole Moment: Peter Warrick's 46-Yard TD Pass to Ron Dugans vs. Florida (1998) - YouTube
Old 11-19-2023, 11:15 AM   #925
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Not fired yet (or officially). But yeah, doesn't look good for him.

FWIW, I'd give him one more year. Last year, QB and RB got hurt. This year, both OC and DC are new. IMO the DC was no big loss but it's clear the OC was.

Source: Arkansas to keep coach Sam Pittman amid losing season - ESPN
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 01:02 PM   #926
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
GT beats Syracuse ... who effectively played without a QB, rotating direct snaps to a TE and a RB.

The TE went 14/14 passing for 59 yards.

And that's the end of Dino Babers at Syracuse.

Not surprising, he certainly got plenty of years there, but, I doubt the next coach will be even as modestly successful as he was there.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 01:19 PM   #927
HerRealName
College Prospect

This Panthers defense is playing the dumbest game of football that I've ever seen.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 01:44 PM   #928
Edward64
Head Coach

I’m okay with it.

But 2 jobs on the line in 2024.
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 02:10 PM   #929
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

So how many feet does Lincoln Riley have out the door? It's been clear he's been checked out for a few weeks, but I can't imagine any scenario in which he come back to USC after the way he's mailed in the last half of the season.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2023, 03:35 PM   #930
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost Econ View Post
So how many feet does Lincoln Riley have out the door? It's been clear he's been checked out for a few weeks, but I can't imagine any scenario in which he come back to USC after the way he's mailed in the last half of the season.

Where would he even go? If you can't win more than 7 games with a generational talent at QB with USC, what are your options?
Old 11-19-2023, 03:39 PM   #931
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
And that's the end of Dino Babers at Syracuse.

Not surprising, he certainly got plenty of years there, but, I doubt the next coach will be even as modestly successful as he was there.

Yeah, not sure you're going to get much of an upgrade there. I like Dino for turning Eastern Illinois around so hopefully he gets an OC job or something.
Old 11-19-2023, 04:47 PM   #932
Edward64
Head Coach

Looking forward to OSU vs Michigan next week
Old 11-19-2023, 04:59 PM   #933
GrantDawg

I was thinking about that yesterday. It is always a big game, but it feels really big this year.

Sent from my SM-S916U using Tapatalk
Old 11-20-2023, 09:09 AM   #934
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Looking forward to OSU vs Michigan next week

I usually only root for Michigan when they are playing OSU or ND. But this year, in light of the cheating scandal, I'm forced to root for Ohio State. UGH.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2023, 09:37 AM   #935
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
I usually only root for Michigan when they are playing OSU or ND. But this year, in light of the cheating scandal, I'm forced to root for Ohio State. UGH.

Doesnt matter who wins, they get a loss the next game.

The word is Fight! Fight! Fight! For Iowa

FOFC 30 Dollar Challenge Champion-OOTP '15
tarcone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2023, 11:06 AM   #936
Edward64
Head Coach

Classy. Wish him best in the future.

Quote:
"I have been overwhelmed by the support from my teammates, coaches, the Florida State community and those all around the world," Travis wrote in his statement. "Although the injury ... marks the end of my Seminole playing career, the great memories created here at FSU will never fade.

"Being the quarterback here at Florida State University has been a dream come true. I am humbled, honored and forever grateful. The journey this team set out on is not over yet as all of our goals still lie just ahead. I am excited to be by my brothers' sides every day as we continue our attack. We're all we got, we're all we need. Job's not finished. Go Noles!"
Old 11-22-2023, 12:55 PM   #937
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post

This is how it starts and the next thing you know, it's 2 seasons later and you've turned into one of those douchebags that dress up in OSU gear with painted faces.

This isn't a risk you should take.

I was at Iowa a long, long time ago and one of those guys approached us and asked us if we wanted a picture with him. We declined and he sulked away. He smelled horrible.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:45 AM   #938
tarcone
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HerRealName View Post
This is how it starts and the next thing you know, it's 2 seasons later and you've turned into one of those douchebags that dress up in OSU gear with painted faces.

This isn't a risk you should take.

I was at Iowa a long, long time ago and one of those guys approached us and asked us if we wanted a picture with him. We declined and he sulked away. He smelled horrible.

Idaho City, Ohio?

Old 11-24-2023, 11:19 AM   #939
miami_fan
Coordinator

All right tarcone. I am watching Iowa football for the first time all year. It is kinda weird to hear the announcers talk about the punter like he is an SEC running back with 300+ carries.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 11-24-2023, 11:24 AM   #940
miami_fan
Coordinator

Dola, I don't mean that as a shot btw. Just a comparison with the way I remember the commentary of the punter from SDSU a few years ago.
Old 11-24-2023, 01:19 PM   #941
tarcone
Coordinator

There was a hype video for Taylor that mirrored Joe Burrow coming out of the tunnel on senior day.

Old 11-24-2023, 01:54 PM   #942
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
All right tarcone. I am watching Iowa football for the first time all year. It is kinda weird to hear the announcers talk about the punter like he is an SEC running back with 300+ carries.

I took the over on this game as part of a 4 best teaser, which meant the over only had to exceed 19. 4th quarter and total is 20 right now, this is not modern College Football LOL.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 01:57 PM   #943
miami_fan
Coordinator

I think the defender's head was bent so much that it could be argued that the back of the helmet made more contact with the offensive player than the crown of the helmet.
Old 11-24-2023, 02:07 PM   #944
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
I took the over on this game as part of a 4 best teaser, which meant the over only had to exceed 19. 4th quarter and total is 20 right now, this is not modern College Football LOL.

I can't lie. I am sort of enjoying it. I like Iowa's running game and Preston* has thrown a few good balls for Nebraska. It would be better if it were on grass and we had a few more weather elements involved but it is a good game to have on in the background.

* Something told me that parents who named one of their children Brock were not naming another child Chubba so I had to check and well Preston just seems more appropriate.
Old 11-24-2023, 02:08 PM   #945
bronconick
College Starter

Love the 2 dudes celebrating wearing a "Punts" sweatshirt
Old 11-24-2023, 02:27 PM   #946
tarcone
Coordinator

And THAT is Iowa football

10 wins with the worst offense in CFB

Old 11-24-2023, 02:36 PM   #947
bronconick
College Starter

It’s going to be so amazing when Washington and Oregon fans roll into Iowa city and Madison next Oct/Nov for 9am Pacific kickoffs and suffer through games like this
Old 11-24-2023, 02:41 PM   #948
Ksyrup

The hangover before the hangover.
Old 11-24-2023, 04:41 PM   #949
Ghost Econ
College Prospect

The previous high for wins in a season by a team that averages under 250 yards a game: 4.

It's amazing they continue to hit the under no matter how low it goes. I pray they get Utah in a bowl and set the o/u at 3 just to see if they can do it.
Ghost Econ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 09:55 PM   #950
bronconick
College Starter

Michigan St. 2nd half drives

3 plays, -13 yards

5 plays, 1 yard

3 plays, 1 yard

3 plays, -11 yards

3 plays, -19 yards

3 plays, -2 yards

3 plays, -4 yards