Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-20-2012, 07:05 AM   #901
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Having Matt Moore and David Garrard signed in no way equals "set"

They would take a rookie to groom versus adding Tebow.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:33 AM   #902
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I watched a clip with Skip Bayless saying 6-8 teams would look into getting Tebow. Now that Miami is set, I want him to name one outside of Jacksonville.

I think several teams could be interested in him as a back-up and specialty player. Philly or NE wouldn't shock me.

If Peter King's sources are correct that Peyton was turned off of the Titans because he thought the "coming home to Tennessee" thing would be bad because of the circus atmosphere it might create, then I'm even more confident in my belief about him wanting Tebow gone. Maybe he didn't call Elway and give him the "I'll only sign with you if you trade Tebow" ultimatum, but my guess is it was discussed. And I'm sure when it was brought up, Elway said, "I'm already 6 steps ahead of you on that issue."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:35 AM   #903
spleen1015
Coordinator

Skip Bayless makes my brain ache.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:57 AM   #904
flounder
High School Varsity

Of all the crimes against humanity ESPN has perpetrated, the elevation of Skip Bayless to a national figure has to be the worst.
flounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:14 AM   #905
Ksyrup

No shit.

I regularly listen to the 7am segment of M&M as I drive into work, but this morning, the moment I realized who was talking, I switched it off. Golic's clumsy enough as it is being the "PBP" guy when Greeny isn't there, but Bayless? Really?

Could you imagine if they paired Bayless with Stephen A .Smith? Holy shit, the world would end.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #906
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flounder View Post
Of all the crimes against humanity ESPN has perpetrated, the elevation of Skip Bayless to a national figure has to be the worst.

He's stepping into the "Lord, please make him go away" position at ESPN that Craig James had pretty well.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:35 AM   #907
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Former Steelers WR Hines Ward expected to retire Tuesday
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:50 AM   #908
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
Having Matt Moore and David Garrard signed in no way equals "set"

Knowing the Dolphins front office, they're 100% certain they have two Dan Marinos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:03 AM   #909
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I think several teams could be interested in him as a back-up and specialty player. Philly or NE wouldn't shock me.

If Peter King's sources are correct that Peyton was turned off of the Titans because he thought the "coming home to Tennessee" thing would be bad because of the circus atmosphere it might create, then I'm even more confident in my belief about him wanting Tebow gone. Maybe he didn't call Elway and give him the "I'll only sign with you if you trade Tebow" ultimatum, but my guess is it was discussed. And I'm sure when it was brought up, Elway said, "I'm already 6 steps ahead of you on that issue."

NE is a convenient boogyman here b/c of McDaniels, but I submit that there is ZERO chance that they take 1 SNAP away from TOM M'FN BRADY to give to Tebow. Not even to mention all the changes to the offense you'd have to make for a "Tebow package." It makes no goddamn sense. If teams were willing to do that then there'd be no incentive for the Broncos to keep him...they would just do the same thing you're proposing the Pats do, but with Manning.

I heard a Denver sports guy on the radio this morning asking the NE guys what they thought of a Tebow-Mallet swap. I wanted to reach through the radio and beat his ass for asking such a stupid goddamn question.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-20-2012 at 09:04 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:05 PM   #910
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
Yeah, it says there are a lot of really f'n stupid GM's in the league. Or at least a sizable number who'd rather consistently lose pretty than at least have a chance to win ugly.

Say what you will but Tebow has one more playoff win than (among others) Matt Ryan. And if you built a team & staff around both guys to maximize the sum total of their abilities, I absolutely believe you'd get more playoff wins out of Tebow over their lifetime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post
You mean the one that actually matters?

Look, I'm not at all suggesting that Tebow would make every team better. But there isn't the slightest doubt in my mind that, in a situation where you had both mgmt & coaching on board with it, he'd produce better results than at least 8-10 of them will get otherwise.

I agree with Jon.

Bradford has been mediocre at best and I see no one ready to write him off yet (except me ).

Tebow has been in the league for two seasons and has had two different Head Coaches and two different Offensive Coordinators and had one truncated off-season. Neither season did he enter as the starter getting reps with the first team offense. If RGIII experiences similar circumstances, are we ready to write him off after year two?

In my opinion, there is vast room for growth for Tebow in the pro game. But if you measure competitiveness, I'd put him up with Brady and the Manning's in a heartbeat.

Send him to Miami, at worst I get entertained for a couple of seasons...
Old 03-20-2012, 12:11 PM   #911
Ksyrup

In an alternate universe, it would be really entertaining to see what McDaniels, as head coach and with a big say in personnel decisions, would do with Tebow and how he would respond to it. Because if there's anyone in the pro game today who I tihnk would have said 'fuck it' and built a team around Tebow, it is McDaniels. I'm glad it didn't happen with my team, but I'm at least a little sad that scenario never got to play itself out.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #912
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
I agree with Jon.

Bradford has been mediocre at best and I see no one ready to write him off yet (except me ).

Tebow has been in the league for two seasons and has had two different Head Coaches and two different Offensive Coordinators and had one truncated off-season. Neither season did he enter as the starter getting reps with the first team offense. If RGIII experiences similar circumstances, are we ready to write him off after year two?

In my opinion, there is vast room for growth for Tebow in the pro game. But if you measure competitiveness, I'd put him up with Brady and the Manning's in a heartbeat.

Send him to Miami, at worst I get entertained for a couple of seasons...

RGIII has some room for concern in how he adapts to the NFL game, but considering one of them is not the *inability to throw a spiral*, I don't think it's a huge deal.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #913
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillJasper View Post
If RGIII experiences similar circumstances, are we ready to write him off after year two?

These are different situations. Tebow coming into the draft was thought to have a slow release and to be very inaccurate. In the sample size we have seen of Tebow this appears to be the case. If you dont believe that the guy will ever fix this problem, why waste more time finding out?

RGIII that I know of doesnt have these weaknesses. It would depend on how bad he struggled as well. Ryan Leaf for as much talent as he supposedly had was out of the league in 3-4 years I believe. They dont get forever.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #914
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

I can't think of a player that has performed as poorly as Tebow and gotten significantly better. There are examples of players not getting a chance and then playing well, but Tebow has gotten his chance.
Old 03-20-2012, 01:25 PM   #915
Ksyrup

What I loved was reading various articles analyzing what teams might be in play for him, and after all of this discussion about who the coach was, offensive schemes, current QBs, etc., inevitably the first line of analysis would go something like, "Tebow's completion percentage is 45.5%, and that's not going to work for X's offense."

No shit, sherlock! But tell me, who's offense will that work for?!
Old 03-20-2012, 03:01 PM   #916
Ksyrup

Lions re-sign Tulloch.
Old 03-20-2012, 07:20 PM   #917
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Eagles get DeMeco Ryans from the Texans.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 03-21-2012 at 03:28 AM. Reason: corrected name, sorry
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:31 PM   #918
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Geez. First the Texans lose Super Mario, now they trade DeMeco Ryans. I guess with Peyton out of their division, they aren't worried about a pass rush anymore.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:34 PM   #919
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Geez. First the Texans lose Super Mario, now they trade DeMeco Ryans. I guess with Peyton out of their division, they aren't worried about a pass rush anymore.

Yeah, I don't get that. Maybe because they were up against a salary cap crunch, but losing Williams seems like it might have helped that.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:02 PM   #920
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Smith back at San Fran.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:06 AM   #921
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

WTF????? Why the Jets? I can understand Jacksonville as a possible home for Tebow but why are the Jets now in the picture? Didnt they just extend Sanchez? At least Jax only has Henne and Gabbert......Sometimes I don't understand the suits in power.......

Last edited by Apathetic Lurker : 03-21-2012 at 07:07 AM.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:13 AM   #922
Logan
Head Coach

Because everything - yes, everything - the Jets do is moronic.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:14 AM   #923
Ksyrup

Probably looking to finally replace Brad Smith?

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-21-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 AM   #924
Apathetic Lurker
College Prospect

I was thinking of that Brad thing too but you risk shattering the fragile ego of Mr Sanchez. And thats not counting the whiplash he's going to be dealing with from looking over his shoulder everytime he throws an incompletion.
Apathetic Lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:22 AM   #925
Ksyrup

I agree. But from where I sit, the combination of Sanchez, Tebow, Rex Ryan, the New York media/fans, and the Tebow Disciples would be a helluva lot of fun to watch. They'd be nuts to bring him in just because of that. There are other, much more low-key ways to add that kind of threat to the team.
Old 03-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #926
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
I agree. But from where I sit, the combination of Sanchez, Tebow, Rex Ryan, the New York media/fans, and the Tebow Disciples would be a helluva lot of fun to watch. They'd be nuts to bring him in just because of that. There are other, much more low-key ways to add that kind of threat to the team.

I agree with this analysis. PLEASE MAKE THIS HAPPEN PEOPLE. I haven't heard any other scenario that sounds half as entertaining as this.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #927
MrBug708
Head Coach

Great interview from Chris Kluwe to reddit.

Chris Kluwe AMA : nfl

[–]BrownsJesteroftheApocalyps 58 points 17 hours ago

You ever hear a gunner yell out "LEEEEEEROOOY JENKINS!" when gunning?

[–]Vikings playerLoate 73 points 16 hours ago

No, but that would be awesome. I think I'll suggest it to them.

Last edited by MrBug708 : 03-21-2012 at 08:48 AM.
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #928
Ksyrup

Can you imagine the level of booing and the chants for Tebow when Sanchez is 6-19 for 98 yards and 2 INTs at the end of the 3rd quarter, and the Jets are down 19-10 to the Bills?
Old 03-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #929
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Can you imagine the level of booing and the chants for Tebow when Sanchez is 6-19 for 98 yards and 2 INTs at the end of the 3rd quarter, and the Jets are down 19-10 to the Bills?

I can't believe I'm saying this, and I'll pause for laughter after...but I think Jets fans are too intelligent for that.

I've seen nothing that indicates the fans would have any interest in Tebow, or think he would be able to come in and solve anything. I've felt that the Tebow adoration is much, much more toned down in this area of the country. Of course you get it from shows like Good Morning America and The Today Show, but not from actual sports programming.

Jets fans I know are disgusted at the thought of bringing Tebow in, and that's among probably a 70/30 split who are doubting Sanchez long term.

Last edited by Logan : 03-21-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:14 AM   #930
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhillips View Post
I can't think of a player that has performed as poorly as Tebow and gotten significantly better. There are examples of players not getting a chance and then playing well, but Tebow has gotten his chance.

Steve Young says, "oh hai"

Steve Young NFL Football Statistics - Pro-Football-Reference.com
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:19 AM   #931
SteveMax58
College Starter

Tebow to Philly or Washington makes the most football sense to me with Jax as a 3rd option for selling tickets. I know Tebow's game is a bit different from Vick or RGIII but its more adaptable to their games then Peyton Manning's.

Vick is brittle and will miss at least 3-4 games a season (or push it and play ineffectively) and they could use somebody that is adaptable for that stretch of games. Washington makes sense to me given the likelihood of RGIII. You install an offense geared towards RGIII and have Tebow try to run it for a little while until you feel RG is ready.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:26 AM   #932
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post
You install an offense geared towards RGIII and have Tebow try to run it for a little while until you feel RG is ready.

Um.. wha?

RGIII is more ready right now than Tebow is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:53 AM   #933
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
Great interview from Chris Kluwe to reddit.

Chris Kluwe AMA : nfl

[–]BrownsJesteroftheApocalyps 58 points 17 hours ago

You ever hear a gunner yell out "LEEEEEEROOOY JENKINS!" when gunning?

[–]Vikings playerLoate 73 points 16 hours ago

No, but that would be awesome. I think I'll suggest it to them.

hahahahahahah
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:58 AM   #934
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMax58 View Post

Steve Young was a lot better than Tebow in his first two years.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:45 AM   #935
Ksyrup

Rams rumored to be "strongly interested" in trading for Tebow.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:46 AM   #936
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Payton suspended for a year, loss of 2nd round draft picks it looks like.

edit: Greg Williams suspended indefinitely.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 03-21-2012 at 11:46 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #937
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Tebow to the Jets for 4th rounder, per Glazer.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:47 AM   #938
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
Payton suspended for a year, loss of 2nd round draft picks it looks like.

edit: Greg Williams suspended indefinitely.

Sounds good.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #939
Crapshoot
Grizzled Veteran

Payton for the year, Saints lose a 2nd round pick in 2012 and 2013, Loomis for 8 games; Williams in basically perpetuity.
Crapshoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #940
spleen1015
Coordinator

Tebow has been traded to the Jets.

Edit - I am a bit slow.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 03-21-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #941
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Tebow to the Jets for 4th rounder, per Glazer.

I kind of like this spot for Tebow.

Sanchez is losing basically everyone except the coaching staff right now and if Tebow should get the chance this good defense/ball control type team fits him well.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 AM   #942
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

This will destroy any chance that Sanchez has, I would say. Right after they extend him. Makes zero sense to me.

Last edited by Ronnie Dobbs2 : 03-21-2012 at 11:53 AM.
Ronnie Dobbs2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 11:54 AM   #943
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
This will destroy and chance that Sanchez has, I would say. Right after they extend him. Makes zero sense to me.

It will either destroy his fragile ego or make him step up his game. Could go either way. Perhaps they want to try and motivate him to become the player they are expecting, who knows.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:58 AM   #944
Tigercat
College Starter

Suspending a head coach a full year, including through a draft? We still don't know the real details of what Payton and Loomis knew and did/didn't do. But damn, it better have been CLEAR negligence. They just fucked up an NFL team for an entire year. And that means you fuck with all the employees of said team. And that, in turn, creates a domino effect that lasts beyond a year.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:00 PM   #945
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
We still don't know the real details of what Payton and Loomis knew and did/didn't do.

I bet the NFL has a pretty good idea of this.

EDIT: Just like spygate, the NFL is under no obligation to reveal to the public the complete details of their investigation.

Last edited by Samdari : 03-21-2012 at 12:01 PM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #946
Rizon
Pro Starter

Tebow to the Jets??? BAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 12:01 PM   #947
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

So if Payton got an entire year the probably means Williams will never coach again?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:02 PM   #948
spleen1015
Coordinator

Anyone else think the Jets are getting desperate?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:03 PM   #949
Rizon
Pro Starter

I do feel bad for Tebow, though. As bad as a QB dude is, he doesn't deserve that mess.
Quote:
Old 03-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #950
molson
General Manager

It's kind of weird that a general manager can be suspended games. I guess that just means he can't do anything work for the team those 8 weeks.

And Tebow to the Jets is just awesome for some reasons already touched on. Two very flawed but very famous QBs on one team in the New York market. I can't wait.

Last edited by molson : 03-21-2012 at 12:06 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote