Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2012, 08:47 PM   #901
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I used to live in Groton, which sucked, but went through Mystic often. Very nice area.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 07:44 AM   #902
Comey
College Starter

Small update:

We seem to work out now on Saturday afternoons. And yesterday, after our workout, we were shooting hoops in the gym (at the Y), when I was asked if I wanted to play in a game. Seeing an opportunity to show off (as I was the second-best player in this game, and had the best player, a young kid who knows how to cut, to get assists to), I asked if she wanted to stick around for a few points. She obliged, and got into a conversation with a young kid during the game.

The kid has two older brothers (both of which were playing in the game); he was lamenting about how he gets picked on; she, having two older brothers herself, was giving him advice about how to fend for himself. The kid then went into a story about how he protected a girl from being bullied at school. She said, "That's good that you want to make girls feel safe," then she pointed at me. "He does that."

He asked if I was her brother.

"No," she said, "he's my boyfriend."

I got the unsolicited boyfriend reference. And now it appears as though I am, in fact, the boyfriend.

Giddyup.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #903
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comey View Post
Small update:

We seem to work out now on Saturday afternoons. And yesterday, after our workout, we were shooting hoops in the gym (at the Y), when I was asked if I wanted to play in a game. Seeing an opportunity to show off (as I was the second-best player in this game, and had the best player, a young kid who knows how to cut, to get assists to), I asked if she wanted to stick around for a few points. She obliged, and got into a conversation with a young kid during the game.

The kid has two older brothers (both of which were playing in the game); he was lamenting about how he gets picked on; she, having two older brothers herself, was giving him advice about how to fend for himself. The kid then went into a story about how he protected a girl from being bullied at school. She said, "That's good that you want to make girls feel safe," then she pointed at me. "He does that."

I got the unsolicited boyfriend reference. And now it appears as though I am, in fact, the boyfriend.

Giddyup.

Good shit Comey.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #904
Comey
College Starter

Another small update...

Today marks one month since our first date. She took me to Boston with her last night; part of it was so she could show me some of an area (Brighton) that's dear to her; some of it was to see how I jived with her friends. She had some reservations...not about me, but about exposing me to some things (as the pub she worked at is kind of eclectic).

By midnight, she was over the moon. Her words. She kept saying that she was so glad she brought me, and we already have plans to go back in two weeks. It was a tremendously great time, and I fit in pretty seamlessly. Test passed with flying colors.

She stayed the night, as she has done quite a few times over the last couple of weeks. This morning was utopian...makes me consider moving to the afternoon shift on Sundays permanently.

This woman is a keeper, and she is totally stunned by me. This relationship has legs, gentlemen. I hope it continues for awhile. And by awhile, I mean...well...a long damn while.

Last edited by Comey : 11-25-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:02 PM   #905
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Has she introduced you as her fiance yet, then shot you an impatient look?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:58 PM   #906
Comey
College Starter

Twice. Should I take a hint?

Old 11-26-2012, 08:52 PM   #907
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

No. Ignorance is bliss.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #908
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

So I had a date a few weeks ago. I wasn't sture how it went. No kiss or anything. Then she calls me later that week and was cool. We've talked every few days, but never got together again.

Thursday she wanted to get together after her company holiday party. She called me when it was done & said it was a good idea if we waited until friday to get together, as she had a little bit to drink and... (she left it at that, I got the impression that she didn't trust herself as she was sounding like she might be feeling frisky)

Friday she called & said she wasn't feeling well. Said she had cramps. Said we'd get together on Saturday if i wasn't busy.

Saturday she said that she just was in complete chill mode & wasn't feeling like going out. She wanted to get together Sunday & hit a movie or something.

Sunday I called her & got the voicemail, but didn't bother leaving a message. I was busy working on my place & didn't feel like going out anyway.

Today I get an email from her saying she met somebody else & good luck.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:21 PM   #909
JediKooter
Coordinator

That definitely sucks man. It would have been nice if she had let you know sooner.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #910
Izulde
Head Coach

Ouch. Strung along while she played the thread out with someone else.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:38 PM   #911
SkippyDies
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
So I had a date a few weeks ago. I wasn't sture how it went. No kiss or anything. Then she calls me later that week and was cool. We've talked every few days, but never got together again.

Thursday she wanted to get together after her company holiday party. She called me when it was done & said it was a good idea if we waited until friday to get together, as she had a little bit to drink and... (she left it at that, I got the impression that she didn't trust herself as she was sounding like she might be feeling frisky)

Friday she called & said she wasn't feeling well. Said she had cramps. Said we'd get together on Saturday if i wasn't busy.

Saturday she said that she just was in complete chill mode & wasn't feeling like going out. She wanted to get together Sunday & hit a movie or something.

Sunday I called her & got the voicemail, but didn't bother leaving a message. I was busy working on my place & didn't feel like going out anyway.

Today I get an email from her saying she met somebody else & good luck.

Next time you need to be less available. Even if you don't have plans you can't be available every night for her in the off-chance she might be available if she calls you up and wants to get it goin' and you're down for that then hey more power to ya bro but the better play here is you shoulda nailed down plans with her for a specific night and if she's not down for that then hey you can do something else.

Probably was a dark horse anyway but had a shot were in the game and that's worth being positive about. She might have been seein' this dude before you were even on the scene and maybe he made a move and you didn't so she went with him. No exactly rules to this game the way its played you just gotta do what you can and leave it all on the field.

Not always going to get a second chance but you miss 100 percent of the putts you don't attempt. Dust yourself off and get back on the saddle.
SkippyDies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:02 PM   #912
JediKooter
Coordinator

Not much of an update for me, but, took a date (actually met up with her at the place the party was at) to our company's holiday party and she was smoking hot AND had a great personality. Blind date/setup too, so I was pleasantly surprised. Not sure if there was much interest, but hey, I had a great time and she appeared to as well.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 12-10-2012, 07:51 PM   #913
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I actually had been being fairly unavailable. After the meeting/date (which I didn't really feel like going on but thought it was something I should really be doing) I called her about half a week later for the "nice meeting you" call. She was the one that started calling me every couple days. I typically let it go to voicemail & called her back when convenient. Thursday I called her on a whim & asked what big plans she had for the night.

There were things I could have liked about her & things I probably didn't. Her main asset was that she seemed different from most of the women here in Detroit and had even lived in NYC. I liked her tits too.

What's disappointing is that after the whole feeling that I was being stood up I was done with her. I was already done with the site, so I killed my profile today. I was wondering how long it would be til I heard from her, as she was seeming to check my profile every few days. Oh well. If I should run into her somewhere I'll be very friendly & call her by the wrong name.
Old 12-10-2012, 09:50 PM   #914
Comey
College Starter

That sucks. I'm sorry.

I just realized my Match profile, which I canceled several weeks ago, was killed dead last week. Awesome. I hope I have no use for it ever again.

Old 12-10-2012, 11:47 PM   #915
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
That sucks. I'm sorry.

I just realized my Match profile, which I canceled several weeks ago, was killed dead last week. Awesome. I hope I have no use for it ever again.

Killed dead?
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:48 AM   #916
Comey
College Starter

Done. Finished.

I'm over-the-moon with my girlfriend. I passed up a free ticket to a DMB show in Boston to spend time with her (insert Goodwill Hunting jokes here); that's a rather big sign that love is in play here.

Old 12-11-2012, 07:27 AM   #917
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Done. Finished.

I'm over-the-moon with my girlfriend. I passed up a free ticket to a DMB show in Boston to spend time with her (insert Goodwill Hunting jokes here); that's a rather big sign that love is in play here.

if she saves you from listening to DMB then shes a keeper.... I kid I kid.

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:12 AM   #918
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Killed dead?

britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:30 AM   #919
Logan
Head Coach

I'm starting to think that Comey = Ted Mosby.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #920
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #921
Comey
College Starter

Quote:

I've considered that. Hopefully, that proves false, and I don't run three seasons too long.

Old 12-11-2012, 10:41 AM   #922
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:42 AM   #923
Izulde
Head Coach

I really should try to up my Barney Stinson game.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #924
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Am I allowed to post in this thread even though I meet this lady in person?

I went downtown to sign paper work for my internship and chatted up one of the secretaries. I crack a bunch of jokes, and she is laughing pretty much the whole time. Then she says something about wishing she had a guy like me... really because I was not even trying to mack or nothing I was just being a goof because I would be working with her for 4 weeks in the summer and 2 weeks during this break.

At this point I am not sure how old she is because I thought initially thought she was 35-40. I tell her my and some friends are getting together Friday and that she should come hang and bring a friend. Exchange numbers and I finish what I needed to do.

So this morning I get a text pretty much inviting me to come over, and I assuming getting some. I might have to take her down because she looks like she hasn't had any in a long time. She isn't what I would call hot, but she's not a troll and she has a slender frame.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:17 AM   #925
Passacaglia
Coordinator

And you're going to be working there?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:19 AM   #926
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

Two weeks during the break and four weeks during the summer. I will be working with the Judge and will only see her in passing. In addition, I am going to tell her upfront I do not want a relationship and that this is purely physical.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:23 AM   #927
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow, I havent heard Macking in YEARS!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #928
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
wow, I havent heard Macking in YEARS!

Same here. I think there was something about her wanting him to come over, but, I was stuck trying to remember the last time I heard 'mack'.

Old 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM   #929
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Macking is making a come back.

Return of the MACK. Once again! Anyone remember that song?
Old 12-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #930
Passacaglia
Coordinator

VINTAGE 80'S MCDONALD'S ORIGINAL MAC TONIGHT COMMERCIAL MOON MAN - YouTube
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #931
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Am I allowed to post in this thread even though I meet this lady in person?

I went downtown to sign paper work for my internship and chatted up one of the secretaries. I crack a bunch of jokes, and she is laughing pretty much the whole time. Then she says something about wishing she had a guy like me... really because I was not even trying to mack or nothing I was just being a goof because I would be working with her for 4 weeks in the summer and 2 weeks during this break.

At this point I am not sure how old she is because I thought initially thought she was 35-40. I tell her my and some friends are getting together Friday and that she should come hang and bring a friend. Exchange numbers and I finish what I needed to do.

So this morning I get a text pretty much inviting me to come over, and I assuming getting some. I might have to take her down because she looks like she hasn't had any in a long time. She isn't what I would call hot, but she's not a troll and she has a slender frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post

RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #932
RedKingGold
College Starter

Not trying to threadjack, but it would be a seriously stupid decision to put your internship, and a possible associate position, at risk for a bootycall.

Too many young lawyers and not enough jobs, just not worth the risk.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #933
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Macking is making a come back.

Macking was on Sportsdigs two weeks ago.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #934
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Two weeks during the break and four weeks during the summer. I will be working with the Judge and will only see her in passing. In addition, I am going to tell her upfront I do not want a relationship and that this is purely physical.

Probably a good idea to get that on a signed and notarized document.
Old 12-18-2012, 03:40 PM   #935
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Not trying to threadjack, but it would be a seriously stupid decision to put your internship, and a possible associate position, at risk for a bootycall.

Too many young lawyers and not enough jobs, just not worth the risk.

Bingo.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:15 PM   #936
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Put it in her butt.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:17 PM   #937
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Oh, and it only took 8 days for the one who met somebody to write asking me "How have you been doing?"

Do I reply? If yes, how long to wait?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:39 PM   #938
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh, and it only took 8 days for the one who met somebody to write asking me "How have you been doing?"

Nah
Old 12-18-2012, 11:48 PM   #939
britrock88
Pro Starter

Wait two days, say you've been well.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 AM   #940
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
Wait two days, say you've been well.

That's what I was thinking. Just friendly & nice. Not going too far on anything.

In the words of Morris Day, "I'm gonna make the bitch come to me."
Old 12-19-2012, 01:41 AM   #941
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Small update:

Giddyup.

Dude. I'm not really a softy but I have butterflies for you. That's awesome!
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 04:16 AM   #942
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Even if you go for it expect her to take the upgrade the moment it's available.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 07:23 AM   #943
Comey
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetsIn06 View Post
Dude. I'm not really a softy but I have butterflies for you. That's awesome!

Danke. Things will be unsettled for awhile (she's 25, at that crossroads, doesn't know what she wants), but I've always just enjoyed the ride. The experience is better that way.

Old 12-29-2012, 07:58 PM   #944
Galaxy
Coordinator

The new "deal-breaking" trend in dating:

Even Cupid Wants to Know Your Credit Score - NYTimes.com
Old 12-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #945
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Frustrating - in 6 months of sending out messages (not everyday for 6 months, but over 100 emails for sure), not one girl that I've emailed out to has emailed me back on match.com. And the two that emailed in to me were...not attractive.

Not trying to be snobby or anything, but I mean...I didn't loose 90lbs and get in shape so that I could date a girl who weighs more than me. Just don't find BBW attractive.

So I've started picking up eharmony, to mix things up a little. I guess they are free through like February? At least that's what my "subscription info" says under my profile.

I like that girls are more likely to get back to you on eharmony (or so it seems, small sample size). I dislike that (again) the only girls that seem to be messaging me themselves are BBW, and none of the ones that I've found more attractive have gotten back to me.

Maybe I'm just destined to be alone or something? Sucks...been feeling the loneliness this holiday season, to be honest.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:53 AM   #946
dolf34
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Frustrating - in 6 months of sending out messages (not everyday for 6 months, but over 100 emails for sure), not one girl that I've emailed out to has emailed me back on match.com. And the two that emailed in to me were...not attractive.

Not trying to be snobby or anything, but I mean...I didn't loose 90lbs and get in shape so that I could date a girl who weighs more than me. Just don't find BBW attractive.

So I've started picking up eharmony, to mix things up a little. I guess they are free through like February? At least that's what my "subscription info" says under my profile.

I like that girls are more likely to get back to you on eharmony (or so it seems, small sample size). I dislike that (again) the only girls that seem to be messaging me themselves are BBW, and none of the ones that I've found more attractive have gotten back to me.

Maybe I'm just destined to be alone or something? Sucks...been feeling the loneliness this holiday season, to be honest.

DT, why don't you change up your profile a bit. Put up new pics, lots of them, doing different things. Rewrite your profile, make yourself sound interesting, be funny, active,that sort of stuff. You could even have a female friend help you out with that part.

This might help also. Go to POF, plenty of fish, it's a free dating site. They have a forum there that can be very helpful with profiles and making them more appealing.

Last edited by dolf34 : 12-30-2012 at 09:59 AM.
dolf34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:05 AM   #947
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mota View Post
Even if you go for it expect her to take the upgrade the moment it's available.

I replied & was friendly, but short & to the point. She was REALLY friendly and nice. Thought I wouldn't reply. I then asked how the new relationship was going. "I never said there was a new relationship" was her response. I apologized, saying that I was left with the impression she had met somebody, when she said she had met somebody. She asked if she can call me. I simply replied "Sure."

Maybe she wanted a little more enthusiasm, as she hasn't called in over a week. Too bad, as I was going to be very blunt about things & tell her that if she wanted to go out she'd have to pay or at least go dutch. I'm not coming out my pocket to simply be dropped at the first sign of something better coming along.
Old 12-30-2012, 10:22 AM   #948
dolf34
n00b

Quote:
I replied & was friendly, but short & to the point. She was REALLY friendly and nice. Thought I wouldn't reply. I then asked how the new relationship was going. "I never said there was a new relationship" was her response. I apologized, saying that I was left with the impression she had met somebody, when she said she had met somebody. She asked if she can call me. I simply replied "Sure."

Maybe she wanted a little more enthusiasm, as she hasn't called in over a week. Too bad, as I was going to be very blunt about things & tell her that if she wanted to go out she'd have to pay or at least go dutch. I'm not coming out my pocket to simply be dropped at the first sign of something better coming along.

That happens a lot. I tell them up front I only date/meet/talk with one girl at a time and I expect the same. I even put it in my profile. If they're going out every night meeting up with new guys then I'll pass.
dolf34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #949
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolf34 View Post
DT, why don't you change up your profile a bit. Put up new pics, lots of them, doing different things. Rewrite your profile, make yourself sound interesting, be funny, active,that sort of stuff. You could even have a female friend help you out with that part.

This might help also. Go to POF, plenty of fish, it's a free dating site. They have a forum there that can be very helpful with profiles and making them more appealing.

Yeah - my sisters offered to help me write my profile - maybe I should take them up on that.

I dunno - I think the pic of me with the koala has got to make the right girl go "awww" someday. But yeah, some of the others could use changing up.
Old 12-30-2012, 11:55 AM   #950
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolf34 View Post

I think OKCupid is better than POF-depending on what you're looking for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Yeah - my sisters offered to help me write my profile - maybe I should take them up on that.

I dunno - I think the pic of me with the koala has got to make the right girl go "awww" someday. But yeah, some of the others could use changing up.

If you got a good female friend, use her to help you. Match seems to be strange at times. I do wonder if women tend to keep holding out for "Mr. Perfect," but I do think that women of all types get tons of messages that are completely crap.

Last edited by Galaxy : 12-30-2012 at 07:36 PM.