Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #901
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I see no reason to not vote Abe tomorrow.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:15 PM   #902
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
thats absurd, stop trying to set me up.

CR said there would be a lynch and I trust him. If he assures us there would be one and forgets to submit a conditional order that's his fault, not mine. I can only trust he would do what he says he will.

I'm not trying to "set you up" although I'm afraid I have no idea what that means. I'm simply saying I'd prefer fate in my hands over another's, given that we can;t be sure that other has followed through.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:17 PM   #903
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I see no reason to not vote Abe tomorrow.

Because if I were a wolf I would not have made that play. All day yesterday it "We learn stuff by lynching Abe but I don;t think he's a wolf." Why would I want even more heat if I were a wolf? Playing that far in front is never my style as a wolf. I'm not hoopsguy.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:18 PM   #904
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That sucks.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:19 PM   #905
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum, if you thought Cartman was BG, what did you think Autumn's reveal was?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #906
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Lathum, if you thought Cartman was BG, what did you think Autumn's reveal was?

I thought it was a wolf trying to potentialy buy another day.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:21 PM   #907
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Has that changed since Cartman wasn't?
Old 04-08-2009, 07:23 PM   #908
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I also think PurdueBrad needs to be looked at.

His day 1 vote on Hoops sticks out to me and his vote tonight muddied things up as well.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:24 PM   #909
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Has that changed since Cartman wasn't?

not really, although the fact that there was no counter has to be considered
Old 04-08-2009, 07:25 PM   #910
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I think we should wait after night before seeing about a counter.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:27 PM   #911
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I mean, if I were the BG, and the person laying about it was neck and neck for most of the evening, I would not have come out. I'd lay low, and then after the night action, if movement was going elsewhere, I'd counter reveal.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:29 PM   #912
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

This may be a little over the top, but I can see a scenerio where Abe and Autumn are wolves. CR indicated he doesn't trust Autumn, so in case of a tie CR may duke it there. Abe doesn't want this and breaks the tie to lynch Cartman, thus negating the potiential conditional duking of Autumn.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:32 PM   #913
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This may be a little over the top, but I can see a scenerio where Abe and Autumn are wolves. CR indicated he doesn't trust Autumn, so in case of a tie CR may duke it there. Abe doesn't want this and breaks the tie to lynch Cartman, thus negating the potiential conditional duking of Autumn.

Not if I am getting a bunch of "Abe's not a wolf" comments that day I wouldn;t. I'd say good bye Autumn.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #914
Danny
Head Coach

I'm caught up, and that sucks. A lot of odd behavior going on near the deadline
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:33 PM   #915
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Lathum, even though you mentioned that there needs to be suspicion on me, I would follow that line of thought.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:35 PM   #916
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abe Sargent View Post
I mean, if I were the BG, and the person laying about it was neck and neck for most of the evening, I would not have come out. I'd lay low, and then after the night action, if movement was going elsewhere, I'd counter reveal.

It's an interesting question. I could see the BG countering after the night phase or attempting to push Autumn's lynch without revealing and then revealing if there was no support. Still, catching a wolf would likely be worth it to come out.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:36 PM   #917
Autumn
Head Coach

Lathum, i don't understand why you tried to tie the game up? Why try to waste the duke's ability? You were suddenly that sure of Cartman who you brought up as a suspect this morning?
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 07:37 PM   #918
Autumn
Head Coach

That sucks, as I really thought we had one in Cartman. Still, there should be plenty in that voting record to mull over for quite a while.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #919
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
It's an interesting question. I could see the BG countering after the night phase or attempting to push Autumn's lynch without revealing and then revealing if there was no support. Still, catching a wolf would likely be worth it to come out.

Going further on this, I think if there is no counter in the morning/afternoon that Autumn is telling the truth. It wouldn't make sense for the BG not to reveal at that point when they could at least protect themselves that night and give the wolves something to think about with their kills.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:38 PM   #920
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Lathum, i don't understand why you tried to tie the game up? Why try to waste the duke's ability? You were suddenly that sure of Cartman who you brought up as a suspect this morning?

yes I was.

Cartmans actions through the day led me to believe he was good. I also don't see it as a waste of the dukes abilities.

The dukes best asset to us is that we can trust him, not that he can change the lynch
Old 04-08-2009, 07:41 PM   #921
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
because I don't think Cartman is a wolf and CR assured us there won't be a tie.

Here you showed us you were planning on Chief's intervention, yet you know Chief didn't vote to lynch me. Doesn't it seem likely his order was not set to lynch me, but rather Cartman, who he voted for?

I'm not sure what to make of this, since it turns out Cartman and I were both office drones. A wolf wouldn't have any incentive really to get involved in that fight, except maybe to try to force the Duke to waste his power.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:43 PM   #922
Autumn
Head Coach

I've got to go do the dishes that I've neglected--I mean file some papers in my cubicle. I'll be back in a bit.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #923
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Here you showed us you were planning on Chief's intervention, yet you know Chief didn't vote to lynch me. Doesn't it seem likely his order was not set to lynch me, but rather Cartman, who he voted for?

I'm not sure what to make of this, since it turns out Cartman and I were both office drones. A wolf wouldn't have any incentive really to get involved in that fight, except maybe to try to force the Duke to waste his power.

I did consider he may duke to Cartman, in which case it would be a wash.

And I will reiterate my point about the duke. IMO it isn't particuraly powerful. It gives us someone we can trust, nothing else. CR has no added insight towards who is a wolf.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:47 PM   #924
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:

I agree that Lathum's play has been weird, but I think a lot depends on Barkeep and his allegiance. We should hopefully know about you(pending a counter or not) by tomorrow afternoon, but if all three of you are villagers, that made the vote almost meaningless to the wolves.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:51 PM   #925
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I agree with Lathum on one thing. Chief's best value is that he is the only guy in the entire game that we can trust and it's day 3.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:53 PM   #926
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
I agree with Lathum on one thing. Chief's best value is that he is the only guy in the entire game that we can trust and it's day 3.

Yeah, that's what sucked about Clap dying. He caught us a wolf, but didn't get us any clear scans in
Old 04-08-2009, 07:55 PM   #927
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

If Autumn isn't the BG, then I definitely think the real one should reveal. If nobody does, than that gives us our second trust person, as long as both make it through the night.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #928
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
If Autumn isn't the BG, then I definitely think the real one should reveal. If nobody does, than that gives us our second trust person, as long as both make it through the night.

Uh no, absolutely no reason for the BG to reveal until after the night phase. We can't lynch anyone until then anyway and it gives the BG the ability to protect someone else today before protecting themselves tomorrow.

But after the night kill, I agree with you
Old 04-08-2009, 08:19 PM   #929
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Wait until after night fall again. Geez.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:20 PM   #930
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Uh no, absolutely no reason for the BG to reveal until after the night phase. We can't lynch anyone until then anyway and it gives the BG the ability to protect someone else today before protecting themselves tomorrow.

But after the night kill, I agree with you

Sorry Danny, didn;t see you had already said the same thing. Duh. Great Minds!

Old 04-08-2009, 08:23 PM   #931
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
I did consider he may duke to Cartman, in which case it would be a wash.

And I will reiterate my point about the duke. IMO it isn't particuraly powerful. It gives us someone we can trust, nothing else. CR has no added insight towards who is a wolf.

Again, I can't figure out how your play would make sense for a wolf but I don't see how it makes sense either.

You point out that Chief doesn't have any insight that the rest of us have. But then you tie the vote in order to have Chief override the tie and decide who to lynch.

I guess what I'm getting is that you were just really sure Cartman was a bad pick and you were really hoping that Chief had picked someone else to Duke. Is that it?
Old 04-08-2009, 08:27 PM   #932
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Again, I can't figure out how your play would make sense for a wolf but I don't see how it makes sense either.

You point out that Chief doesn't have any insight that the rest of us have. But then you tie the vote in order to have Chief override the tie and decide who to lynch.

I guess what I'm getting is that you were just really sure Cartman was a bad pick and you were really hoping that Chief had picked someone else to Duke. Is that it?

I felt good cartman wasn't a wolf. Of course I can only use my intuition on that. Which was correct.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #933
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I'm likely out until tomorrow afternoon. Catch you later.
Old 04-08-2009, 08:34 PM   #934
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Toodles

Old 04-08-2009, 08:36 PM   #935
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Lathum, Autumn, I had a crazy scenario going through my head. What if we were all three wolves. I move at the last moment to save Autumn but in order to keep the heat off me, Lathum moves to save a tie, but it's not really a tie, but both Lathum and I think it is and are mistaken, thus taking the heat off me. Then Lathum and I snipe at each other all the next day while Autumn falls back under the radar, and the village, getting upset at the Lathum/Abe fighting, simply goes off in another direction.

That would have been awesome.

Old 04-08-2009, 08:59 PM   #936
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Sorting through the "night" orders and preparing the results. Still a couple minutes left so the results aren't set in stone until the deadline.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #937
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Folks, I dropped some very minor hints I might be the BG, or at least I tried to. I wanted to be subtle. I am not the BG, of course. I was hoping that, if Autumn was a wolf lying about being the BG, then the wolves might think that I was, and then kill me trying to kill the BG.

If I die tonight, when I have heat on me, then I'd look very strongly at Autumn tomorrow. Of course, if I do not, that does not clear Autumn, because the wolves could simply have decided to hit CR or someone else and try to kill me tomorrow, or they simply might not have gotten my very subtle hints, because I suck at that sort of thing.

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know my strategy. We'll find out in a minute if it worked.

Old 04-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #938
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The group heads into the room and waits. You look around and notice nothing out of the ordinary.. at first. Soon you notice that Chief Rum has been tied up. Actually he is tied to someone, he has been tied to Autumn.

He struggles to get free and eventually does. In all of this you fail to notice that you are missing someone. You look around. The Jackal? Where is he?

You rush out of the room and search. As you find his body slumped over the printer you notice his throat has been cut and a pink slip has been stapled to his shirt.

"One more has fallen. More of you must go. We shall have our bonuses!!!! And don't forget to put a cover sheet on your TPS reports!!!"

"The next meeting will be at noon Tuesday but don't expect to leave here until we are finished."

You know what you need to do, another meeting to eliminate someone. You must find an Insider soon as your numbers are dwindling. You shall meet at 11 and eliminate an Insider, you hope.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #939
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
This isn't exactly a problem. I mean I'd prefer to have the seer around and all to be building a much larger COT, but the villagers have had 0 people to trust on Day 3, and lynched only villagers, and still won the game.

I am curious to hear what Autumn has to say. I'm guessing there's an item involved?
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 PM   #940
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Rope - Tie up a target to prevent them from performing a night action. or Tie yourself to a target for the night phase. or ???

Alright, I figured CR didn't let us down. I'll lead the way immediately.

vote Autumn
Old 04-08-2009, 09:27 PM   #941
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Alright, I figured CR didn't let us down. I'll lead the way immediately.

vote Autumn

I'm confused about what actually happened with the item and don't think we should go assuming yet.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:29 PM   #942
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Can either Autumn or CR tell us what you know?

Old 04-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #943
Autumn
Head Coach

Yes, I was the one with the rope. The purpose of tying myself to Chief Rum was that it would allow us to fight off an attacker if he was targeted. I figured that was our only way to guard him with the bodyguard presumably unable to guard him.

I had hoped to keep it mum in order to lure them into wasting an attack. I think we managed to scare them off to Jackal anyway though.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #944
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

my guess is CR tied himself to Autum so Autumn couldn't perform his night action.

IIRC CR took off before Autumn came out.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:32 PM   #945
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Why didn't you wait until after the lynch to tie him up?
Old 04-08-2009, 09:33 PM   #946
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Why didn't you wait until after the lynch to tie him up?

Huh?
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #947
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Unless I'm completely confused night action comes after the lynch.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 09:34 PM   #948
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

In other words, since CR didn't follow through with his ability to change the lynch, I assume he was tied up prior to the lynch. Why not wait until the time between lynch and the night action to put in that order.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #949
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

I believe that an item can be used at any time, but maybe I'm wrong.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:35 PM   #950
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Yes, I was the one with the rope. The purpose of tying myself to Chief Rum was that it would allow us to fight off an attacker if he was targeted. I figured that was our only way to guard him with the bodyguard presumably unable to guard him.

I had hoped to keep it mum in order to lure them into wasting an attack. I think we managed to scare them off to Jackal anyway though.

anyone think it possible Autumn is a wolf and they did this move to gain trust as opposed to an attempted kill on CR that may be blocked?