Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-20-2009, 11:23 AM   #901
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Adam doesn't have a chance of winning tonight. Kris will win.

There are 2 things about Adam that I don't think are debatable. He is a very good singer and he is very polarizing. In the end, I think he got the 'Not Dan or Not Adam vote'

Overall, he is the best choice to win from a producing standpoint just because it would be very hard to shoehorn either Danny or Adam into the type of record that comes out for the AI winner.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:30 AM   #902
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'll still watch, but yeah, I agree. For me, though, "watching the show" really starts around Thanksgiving, when Hollywood Week is filmed. Between then and the end of January, when the top 24/36 is filmed, is my favorite part of AI. And none of that is even on TV, of course.

The music part of it has always been my least favorite part of the show. I prefer the process of how they choose contestants, who gets chosen, and how they are pimped. But in terms of watching the show, I agree that the production issues and transparency of the pimping really affected my enjoyment of the show this year. Actually, it started with last year's contestants, but then you add Kara, the bad production, and subtract Nigel's touch, and the show has really gone to crap.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-20-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 01:55 PM   #903
Ksyrup

Bunch of good stuff on MJ's blog about tonight, who's performing what with whom, Tatiana del Toro (ugh!), the reactions of the Tears For Fears guy and Nigel Lythgoe to Kara's song, etc. I'll put it in spoilers just in case.

Spoiler
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-20-2009, 02:55 PM   #904
Ksyrup

Wow...

Quote:
TV Week is reporting that last night’s performance final was the lowest rated in the history of the show:
Tuesday night’s “American Idol” was the series’ lowest-rated final performance night ever.

Last night’s episode drew an 8.3 rating/24 share among adults 18-49, according to preliminary Nielsen Media Research figures. About 23.1 million viewers tuned in to see Adam Lambert and Kris Allen give their final performances before a winner is crowned tonight.

Compared with last year’s live-plus-same-day numbers, last night’s “Idol” dropped 18% in the demo and 15% in total viewers.

Week to week, “Idol” posted a 4% increase, but that bump pales in comparison to the 12% weekly increase for the comparable episodes last year. In total viewers, this year’s final performance saw a 2% weekly increase, while last year there was a 9% increase.
Just for a fun comparison, let’s check out the performance final ratings for Seasons 5-7.
  • Season 5 - 32 million viewers - 12.3 rating/24 share
  • Season 6 - 25.3 million viewers - 9.7 rating/27 share
  • Season 7 - 27.1 million viewers - 10.1 rating/28 share
There’s a caveat, last night’s numbers are preliminary. The final numbers are expected to reflect a bump in “Idol’s” performance once the show’s three-minute overrun into the 9 p.m. hour is taken into consideration, maxing out at an 8.4 or 8.5 rating in the demo.

Dancing with the Stars, on the other hand, drew 20.1 million viewers, holding onto its audience from last year.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #905
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder how much of the drop is Idol burnout vs people just assuming Adam is going to win so, why bother.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 05-20-2009, 03:15 PM   #906
Ksyrup

I don't know. Anyone who has put an ounce of thought into it should know that Kris has a better than even chance of winning. Even Paula of all people cited the issue of Danny voters going for Kris over Adam as a reason he could win.

This season's ratings have been down across the board. I think it's more than than anything specific with these contestants.
Old 05-20-2009, 03:20 PM   #907
MJ4H
Coordinator

I think it is due to a series of really poor decisions by the show's producers.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 03:37 PM   #908
Fighter of Foo
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I don't know. Anyone who has put an ounce of thought into it should know that Kris has a better than even chance of winning. Even Paula of all people cited the issue of Danny voters going for Kris over Adam as a reason he could win.

This season's ratings have been down across the board. I think it's more than than anything specific with these contestants.

The lines I'm seeing have Lambert around a 60% favorite.
Fighter of Foo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #909
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Zaba search called it for Adam. They've been right the last 3 seasons.

Of course, DI said Kris and they've been right also the last 3 seasons.

Someone is wrong.
Old 05-20-2009, 08:21 PM   #910
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok.. I'm not an Adam fan.. but that performance with KISS was just awesome.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:25 PM   #911
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

That performance with KISS was terrible! Adam doesn't sing, he screams. People like him because he is flamboyant and out there... I am definitely not an Adam fan!
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:43 PM   #912
Danny
Head Coach

I think the difference was Kara and the poor decisions for the show.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #913
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

And Mr. Kris Allen is your AI... from what little I watched, he's not nearly as good as Adam Lambert, but when you are polarizing sometimes you lose these votes.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #914
PilotMan
Head Coach

Kiss performance was incredible. Disappointed at the finish, but I am sure that Adam will land on his feet. Easily one of my favorites in AI history.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:18 PM   #915
Swaggs
Coordinator

I think Adam will be more successful fronting a band, rather than as a solo artist.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:19 PM   #916
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well, we know it's not fixed. Good job for Kris and the right man won.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:42 PM   #917
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

I loved Kara getting on stage and I loved her stripping down too ... took some guts ... esp. after bikini girl showed up with her new friends!

Great finale ... I kind of figured Kris to win because at the end of the day you were either for Adam or against him, so all Danny's votes went to Kris.

Adam may have been the only Idol contestant I have ever seen that didn't look totally awed by the celebrity on stage with him ... he fit right in with Kiss and too bad he didn't do the Queen song all by himself ... makes you wonder how Paul Rodgers is feeling right about now ... I still say Adam and Allison will outsell Kris.

Allison with Cyndi Lauper was great ... really good song written by Steve Martin.

Last edited by mh2365 : 05-20-2009 at 09:43 PM.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 09:52 PM   #918
MJ4H
Coordinator

They just said on the news here that AT&T confirmed that 38 million votes came from the state of Arkansas alone.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:10 PM   #919
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Ryan's line about Bikini Girl was hilarious. Also, loved the KISS performance.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:26 PM   #920
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I know she's been on the show all season and all, but who the fuck is this Kara person and what is she doing judging American Idol?!
Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 AM   #921
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I know she's been on the show all season and all, but who the fuck is this Kara person and what is she doing judging American Idol?!
Dunno, but without her, Randy would've been in the bikini.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #922
Danny
Head Coach

I'm glad Kris won, he was overall my favorite contestant. I think he'll be very successful doing an album all in his own style. I also thought his duet was the best of the evening. You could tell the show wanted Adam to win, so I am glad things didn't go their way too.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:28 AM   #923
Arles
Grey Dog Software

I actually enjoyed the finale as well. Some solid performances and I liked some of the pairings. I still think the final song is subpar, but it's clear they changed the arrangement to suit Kris more and it came off better tonight.

Overall, I think tonight's show was easily the best produced and best entertainment in a couple months. So, I guess some kudos go to AI for that. Maybe there is hope for next season...
Old 05-21-2009, 07:09 AM   #924
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
Allison with Cyndi Lauper was great

I thought that was the weakest pairing of the night, with Kris and Keith Urban being the best.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:12 AM   #925
Ksyrup

There was no way Adam was going to win. And given how they usually take every opportunity to build drama, the fact that they never talked about how close the vote was suggests that it wasn't close at all. Also, how close to 100 million do you think they actually got? Basically, what I'm wondering is what the lowest possible number of votes could be that they would feel comfortable using (repeatedly) the "nearly 100 million votes" line. I'm thinking 88 million.

KI$$ was...not live, except the vocals. Damn shame that a rock group would go on AI and be the only one not to fully perform live. There was a point at which Gene had his hands up in the air during the bass line to Rock n Roll All Nite, and that was just one of the more obvious signs that they weren't performing live (not sure if the music was being piped in, or the AI band was covering).

But Brian May was all kinds of awesome. Interesting that they were able to hide Queen's appearance, because the rumor out there the last few days was that, with Paul Rodgers officially out of Queen's touring band, Adam might step in as the touring vocalist for Queen. I wonder if that was spread as a rumor to throw people off that Queen would actually be on, or if there's any substance to that.

I thought Adam did great with KISS and Queen. Rock isn't about pretty vocals, the voice is just another instrument most of the time. He's supposed to scream. That's what makes it rock. The music isn't background for some vocal gymnastics, it all works together. Personally, I thought Adam's screaming vocals were fair easier to listen to than David Cook's voice. That gravelly, wavering vocal over a power ballad just didn't sit well with me. But that's the vocal style of choice in rock these days, so what do I know. I guess I just hear things differently.

I thought the Rod Stewart thing was intriguing. First of all, dude looks 150 years old. But I thought it was bizarre that he was the only one of the "nostalgia acts" (that I can recall) who did not perform with one of the Idols, and he got to perform a full song by himself. I wonder if he insisted on that in order to appear on the show, or if they tried an ensemble thing and it just didn't work so they put him out there by himself. I'm learning toward the idea that he was being a diva about appearing on the show. That was very out of place, given the way the rest of the acts were staged.

I was very disappointed they gave Tatiana another moment in the sun, even if it was making fun of her, as well as bikini girl. Although with her, I thought the Kara moment was great (to me, this was an obvious ploy to up her "likeability factor" for next season) and as bad as bikini girl's solo vocal was, I thought it was probably worth giving her that moment to completely embarrass herself, in exchange for allowing her to show off her fake boobs. And I like Nick Mitchell, so I was OK with his appearance, too.

Overall, not a bad finale. We started watching at 8:45 from the DVR, so it timed perfectly that we missed all the commercials and flew through stuff like the Black Eyed Peas and caught up to the live show at 9:54.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 05-21-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:13 AM   #926
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
I actually enjoyed the finale as well. Some solid performances and I liked some of the pairings. I still think the final song is subpar, but it's clear they changed the arrangement to suit Kris more and it came off better tonight.

Overall, I think tonight's show was easily the best produced and best entertainment in a couple months. So, I guess some kudos go to AI for that. Maybe there is hope for next season...

I agree on all counts, except maybe the hope for next season.
Old 05-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #927
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
I thought that was the weakest pairing of the night, with Kris and Keith Urban being the best.

I thought the Allison/Lauper thing was the most genuine "musician" feeling moment of the night. It was almost out of place on an AI stage, and the kind of moment that just doesn't happen enough on AI, IMO.

The Keith Urban thing...that was the first time in my life that I've heard Keith Urban or one of his songs, and I have to say, Kris outsung him on his own song. Kris did that first verse and I thought he did it really well, and then Urban sang the next verse and I thought his voice wasn't nearly up to Kris'. It was kind of a strange moment. It's not like Keith Urban is some 60 year old you'd expect to get outsung by a younger performer, but he did. Kris would do better with that song than him. Of course, having the song to begin with is more important, and we'll see where Kris goes in that direction after AI.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:07 AM   #928
Ksyrup

I have to say, I'm shocked at how many people are shocked by the outcome. I never thought Adam had a shot, well before I saw the DialIdol numbers (and really, even before the final performances).
Old 05-21-2009, 08:09 AM   #929
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have to say, I'm shocked at how many people are shocked by the outcome. I never thought Adam had a shot, well before I saw the DialIdol numbers (and really, even before the final performances).

Same here. My wife kept thinking Adam was going to win and I told her for weeks that he had almost no shot of winning.

She thinks that Bikini girl didn't know Kara was going to sing over/behind her last night and was genuinely pissed. Anyone else think that?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:27 AM   #930
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
She thinks that Bikini girl didn't know Kara was going to sing over/behind her last night and was genuinely pissed. Anyone else think that?

Absolutely. She didn't have a clue and looked genuinely irritated. Thought it was hilarious that she thought they would actually give her the stage on her own.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:39 AM   #931
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
The Keith Urban thing...that was the first time in my life that I've heard Keith Urban or one of his songs, and I have to say, Kris outsung him on his own song. Kris did that first verse and I thought he did it really well, and then Urban sang the next verse and I thought his voice wasn't nearly up to Kris'. It was kind of a strange moment. It's not like Keith Urban is some 60 year old you'd expect to get outsung by a younger performer, but he did. Kris would do better with that song than him. Of course, having the song to begin with is more important, and we'll see where Kris goes in that direction after AI.

Although I have to admit I'm a little biased, but I thought this was the best duet of the night. As a Keith fan, he didn't sound his best, especially hitting the higher notes in the song. It was definitely a good fit for Kris and the mix of their voices (Kris's voice is much 'smoother') made for a great performance. Where Keith shines, however, is in his guitar playing. He's the best in country music (or tied with Brad Paisley) and is what makes his concerts outstanding.

Do they normally make the songs from last night available on iTunes?

Last edited by TurnerONU22 : 05-21-2009 at 08:40 AM.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 AM   #932
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Absolutely. She didn't have a clue and looked genuinely irritated. Thought it was hilarious that she thought they would actually give her the stage on her own.

I was just talking to someone about this here, and she agreed that bikini girl looked genuinely surprised. That's another thing that irritated me about Tatiana - she was clearly in on her joke. I wanted them to embarrass her, too.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:48 AM   #933
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnerONU22 View Post
Do they normally make the songs from last night available on iTunes?

It's AI, if they can make a buck on it, they will. I'm sure the exposure and increased sales were the primary reason all of those guest artists agreed to appear.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:56 AM   #934
TurnerONU22
High School Varsity

Quote:
It's AI, if they can make a buck on it, they will. I'm sure the exposure and increased sales were the primary reason all of those guest artists agreed to appear.

Totally agree on that. For example, "Kiss a Girl" is #3 on the country charts. I'm sure Keith agreed to be on there to help the song reach #1.
TurnerONU22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #935
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Personally, I thought Adam's screaming vocals were fair easier to listen to than David Cook's voice. That gravelly, wavering vocal over a power ballad just didn't sit well with me. But that's the vocal style of choice in rock these days, so what do I know. I guess I just hear things differently.
Interesting, when I saw Cook's performance (and I already had the song from his album), it made me lament on how much better he was than anyone in the final 3 this season. The combination of his voice, key, tune and musical ability pretty much laps Danny, Kris and Adam. It's why I really didn't care who won as I thought all 3 had serious flaws (and strengths).

I think, by the time it's all said and done, Cook has a chance to be at the Daughtry/Kelly C level and there's really no chance anyone from this final 3 makes it near that.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:33 AM   #936
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Kris' style isn't anything like Cook, or Glambert. Kris' style is much more Jason Mraz, Jack Johnson, John Mayer. Comparing him to Cook is rediculous, almost to the point of musically ignorant. That's like saying "Snoop Dogg will never reach the status of Queen". It's apples and oranges. Out of the top three, I think Danny and Kris will have the most successful solo careers, with Adam having an outside shot at forming a group and coming out with either A.) A neo-Queen-like musical style or B.) an Emo group. They could all be successful, but I think Kris' style appeals to a much larger audience and will therefore have a much better chance at widespread and longterm success. In this regard, I think both Cook and Lambert have the least likely chance of success. They have their niche market, but whenever the musical fads fade or change, they will fade too. People like Danny, or especially Kris will continue to be successful/popular just because of their simple but tasteful musical styles.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:38 AM   #937
Arles
Grey Dog Software

So, you can't compare the success rate of American Idol winners? Not sure I follow that logic. Jason Mraz is as successful (if not more) than many pop stars.

I'm not saying Kris and Cook have the same style, I'm saying Cook will have a much more successful career because he's a much better artist/performer/song writer.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:43 AM   #938
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Saying Cook is a better performer (again, different styles) and song writer (you're judging this based on what exactly?) is again rediculous. Kris hasn't written any songs on his own that I know of, but we should all know by now that writing your own songs and being successful have nothing to do with eachother nowadays. Just look at country music...

Kris' style of performing is completely different than the "look at me" style of Cook. You can tell Cook is just reveling in the spotlight, loving every second of press that he gets, and he definitely loves him some him. Kris on the other hand seems to avert attention away from himself, it's like he prefers to not be in the spotlight. He just wants to play his guitar, sing his songs, enjoy the experience, and then go spend some time with his new wife.

On who is a better artist, well Kris' hasn't released a record yet so, again I don't see how you can compare the two in this regard.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 05-21-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 11:53 AM   #939
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Talking about forming some of your own opinions and stating them like fact.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #940
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Saying Cook is a better performer (again, different styles) and song writer (you're judging this based on what exactly?) is again rediculous. Kris hasn't written any songs on his own that I know of
So, it's unfair to say that Adam Dunn is a better homerun hitter than Mariano Rivera because Rivera has never tried to hit one? Cook has written (or co-written) some very good songs so far. Therefore, it's not a stretch to say he's better than Kris. Maybe, down the road, Kris will make it to Cook's level - but I doubt it based on what I've seen from him.

Quote:
but we should all know by now that writing your own songs and being successful have nothing to do with eachother nowadays. Just look at country music...
That would be why I said Cook will be a more successful performer AND song writer - they are two different things.

Quote:
Kris' style of performing is completely different than the "look at me" style of Cook. You can tell Cook is just reveling in the spotlight, loving every second of press that he gets, and he definitely loves him some him. Kris on the other hand seems to avert attention away from himself, it's like he prefers to not be in the spotlight. He just wants to play his guitar, sing his songs, enjoy the experience of it all, and then go spend some time with his new wife.
So what exactly are you arguing? That Kris is just content not being successful? I see no difference in style between Kris and Jason Mraz and Mraz has been very successful (certainly moreso than Cook). So, if you're saying Kris isn't motivated/dedicated/able to be as much of a star as others in Idol, I would agree. But I fail to see how that's some knock on Cook or an endearing aspect to Kris.

Quote:
On who is a better artist, well Kris' hasn't released a record yet so, again I don't see how you can compare the two in this regard.
I'll repost my quote - I'm not saying Kris and Cook have the same style, I'm saying Cook will have a much more successful career because he's a much better artist/performer/song writer.
I'm not saying it's already happened, I'm making a prediction that Cook will end up being much better. I guess time will tell.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:12 PM   #941
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Interesting, when I saw Cook's performance (and I already had the song from his album), it made me lament on how much better he was than anyone in the final 3 this season. The combination of his voice, key, tune and musical ability pretty much laps Danny, Kris and Adam. It's why I really didn't care who won as I thought all 3 had serious flaws (and strengths).

I think, by the time it's all said and done, Cook has a chance to be at the Daughtry/Kelly C level and there's really no chance anyone from this final 3 makes it near that.

I have never been a fan of the "Eddie Vedder" vocal style (that's what I call it, anyway), and that's what all of the rock singers today sound like, with some variation. Daughtry, Cook, Scott Stapp, the Nickelback guy, Fuel, etc. To me, they are nearly all interchangeable vocalists and sound virtually identical. He's good at what he does, but it's just not melodic enough for me, given the music he's (they're) playing. But then, I either listen to metal bands with extreme vocalists or pop/rock with tons of melodies and harmonies, and very little in between (unless it's a combination of both, like Cynic or Scar Symmetry).

So again, it's mostly preference over anything else. I'm not saying he's not talented or anything, just that I don't prefer his vocal/musical style.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:06 PM   #942
AgustusM
College Prospect

I have come full circle on American Idol. At first I thought it was nonsense commercial pop that pandered to the lowest common denominator with manufactured drama and I never watched it. About three seasons ago I got sucked in. The spell has now been broken, the shark has now been jumped and I officially don’t care again. The bikini girl/kara thing was some of the most contrived nonsense I have ever seen. I want the few brain cells I have left that I wasted on this back.
AgustusM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:19 PM   #943
Ksyrup

I don't believe bikini girl was in on it, but then again, she has such a stupid look on her face 24/7 that she doesn't have to be a good actor to pull off the clueless schtick. the other two were clearly in on their bits, so it makes sense that she was, too. But it didn't look like it. And Kara's thing was pretty good, contrived or not. Like I posted before, that was a genius idea designed to help her popularity.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:24 PM   #944
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

what bigger, kara's breasts or kara's earlobes
Old 05-21-2009, 01:27 PM   #945
Ksyrup

That's easy - earlobes.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #946
Danny
Head Coach

Cook is probably my favorite idol contestant in all 8 seasons, so I agree that he should be really successful. I also really like that grunge kind of voice.

I think Kris could have a nice career like a Jason Mraz type or even in a kind of pop country type genre.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:31 PM   #947
Danny
Head Coach

I'd probably rank my top 6 Cook, Daughtry, Kris, Bo Bice, Danny, Adam.

Last edited by Danny : 05-21-2009 at 01:44 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:38 PM   #948
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My top 5: Kelly Clarkson's ass, the "Let My People Go" guy, the "I am your brother" guy, William Hung, and Kelly Clarkson's ass. I only had Kelly Clarkson's ass on here once, but after seeing recent pictures, I think it deserved (and needed) another spot.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:40 PM   #949
tyketime
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
They just said on the news here that AT&T confirmed that 38 million votes came from the state of Arkansas alone.

I also felt that most of the Danny voters would swing to Kris and had guesstimated Kris would win by a 60-40 margin. But based on this stat, I feel the margin may have been much wider.

I was an Adam fan & Mrs Tyke was rooting for Kris. But when Kris's name was announced the winner, my wife turned to me and said she actually felt bad for Adam and didn't really savor the victory for Kris. I thought that was an interesting response. Usually when the "underdog" (quotes included to denote it was a media/judge slant and not necessarily the same as the viewing public) wins, it elicits a much bigger reaction.
tyketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:43 PM   #950
Ksyrup

Quote:
Station retracts report Arkansas cast 38 million 'American Idol' votes

An Arkansas television station has retracted its hard-to-believe Wednesday night report that the state -- the home state of newly-crowned American Idol winner Kris Allen -- had cast "about 38 million" of the home viewer votes that were cast after American Idol's final performance show on Tuesday night.