Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2007, 11:03 AM   #901
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I would imagine that it will vary some based on each school and their characteristics, but the way I did it with USC is that I spent 30-45 minutes on my top 10-15 guys the first week using the find pitch option to examine some of their preferences. If I found at least three that were high and one that was the most, I stopped trying to find their pitch and started spending 30 minutes or so hard pitching it in the following weeks. Of course, it helps that USC is highly rated in every category except for early playing time. So far, I have my top 15 all considering us their #1 choice. Now, in week 9 or 10, I'm trying to do the same process with the next 15 guys on my board. I'm not sure how that will play out, yet.

Just curious, do you usually play a sports game by taking the best team available, or is this just a case where you're a big USC fan? I'm one of those people that likes to build from the ground up by starting at a small school. I honestly get bored if I start with a good team.

It's probably a good question in general whether people like to start at small schools, big schools, or their favorite school.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:20 AM   #902
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Just curious, do you usually play a sports game by taking the best team available, or is this just a case where you're a big USC fan? I'm one of those people that likes to build from the ground up by starting at a small school. I honestly get bored if I start with a good team.

It's probably a good question in general whether people like to start at small schools, big schools, or their favorite school.

I'm a USC alum and have been a huge fan of all of their sports teams ever since I went there. That is why in my NCAA College Hoops 2k7 dynasty, I'll leave Duke in a heartbeat if the USC job opens up. I always try to work my way to USC or start as USC in my college videogame playing.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-24-2007 at 11:20 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 AM   #903
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

He can answer for himself, but since I'm here, I'll grab it. He's a USC alum.

I choose Memphis because that's where my wife did her undergrad work, and my school (New Orleans) doesn't play football. I'd pick Memphis (a very, very good basketball team, obviously) in College Hoops, too, but New Orleans does play basketball, so I pick UNO for that.

I've tried to do the "pick a small school and build it up" thing, but if I don't have any kind of connection to that particular school, I have a hard time getting into it. I have to pick a team I actually like or care about.

Edit to add: EF beat me to answering the question that was asked to him. Oops on my part.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-24-2007 at 11:23 AM. Reason: clarification
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 AM   #904
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

I usually do get bored with controlling USC after a few seasons in NCAA Football. At that point, if I'm still into the game (and this could be the first time that happens since the 04 version), I'll pick one of the worst schools in the game and start there, trying to work my way up.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:27 AM   #905
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

For me its favorite school, i always try to play as Missouri(where i grew up) or Arizona state(where i currently go to college), and if those two arent available i take wisconsin since i have a lot of family there.
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 11:37 AM   #906
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
For me its favorite school, i always try to play as Missouri(where i grew up) or Arizona state(where i currently go to college), and if those two arent available i take wisconsin since i have a lot of family there.

I usually play with Mizzou as they have been a middle of the pack team. They're awfully good on this year's game, so I may have to start at a lower level when I get the game next month and move my way up to Mizzou.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #907
Logan
Head Coach

I start at my alma mater, Rutgers, which just a short time ago was one of those "start with a terrible school in a tough conference" choices.

Gotta admit...I don't miss those days.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #908
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Always Mizzou for me as well. It's time to get us a NC!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #909
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I never know how to start in games like these. I went to a state school with a Div III football team, so that is out. The closest big school that I care about is Wisconsin, but that almost makes the game too easy...
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #910
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I PICK WEST VIRGINIA AND RUN THE SAME PLAY OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND U CANT STOP THIS LOL N00B
Old 07-24-2007, 01:08 PM   #911
Kodos
Resident Alien

I play with Indiana, so there is always plenty of building to do.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #912
Anthony
Banned

same here, St. John's U is Div III, so i have to pick a team i have no allegiance to. i normally will pick Miami, since i love South Beach and that's the only other city i like on the East Coast. Syracuse or some other New York State team could be a possibility, but i really don't consider upstate New York to be the real NY. just like no one in NYC recognizes the Bills as the 3rd NY team.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #913
Phototropic
Mascot

Marshall. I was born in town and have family ties.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #914
sabotai
General Manager

I usually go with Rutgers, since they're the Div 1A Jersey school. (I went ot Stockton, a Div III school. Once these college games start including Division III, I'll be set...but I won't be holding my breath). I used to create Stockton in some college games (If it was easy and could find suitable colors/logos), but NCAA Football doesn't have that option in the next gen this year.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 05:09 PM   #915
Ironhead
College Prospect

I generally pick a new lower level team each year and try to build them into a champion. Wish I could update my CSU dynasty - darned easportsworld.com hasn't worked for the past 2 days.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-24-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:03 PM   #916
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Dola -

I usually do get bored with controlling USC after a few seasons in NCAA Football. At that point, if I'm still into the game (and this could be the first time that happens since the 04 version), I'll pick one of the worst schools in the game and start there, trying to work my way up.

Karl Dorrell, is that you?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:16 PM   #917
gstelmack
Pro Starter

So I #11 Louisville offered me 3rd string, and I decided to accept (I had a ton of top-25 offers for 4th and 5th string). Then my finger slipped on the "do you want to rename all the players?" and switched to "No" as I hit the A button, so now I have to go back and replay the last 2 games of my high school playoffs where I last saved.

Maybe I'll win the championship game this time. And maybe I'll remember to save when the championship game is over.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:42 PM   #918
Izulde
Head Coach

I generally take Wyoming, since I went to school there for a semester as an undergrad and if I hadn't run out of money, would've graduated from there.

But if/when I get into an MFA program, I'll take whatever school I get into.

I miss going to a D-I school.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:43 PM   #919
Izulde
Head Coach

dola,

I also went to Minnesota for a year, but I actively cheer against the Gophers at every opportunity.

Old 07-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #920
Izulde
Head Coach

trola,

I'm the starting RB as a freshman for North Carolina in my current CL game after winning the state championship with Park High.

North Carolina because they were willing to make me the starter and I love their powder blue uniforms.

Next time I'll take a 4th or 5th string school and work my way up, probably as a QB.

Old 07-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #921
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

I always pick Army (alma mater) to start my dynasty. On another note, there are no sliders for fumbles. The only thing that I can think of to fix it is to increase the RB Ability maybe?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:24 AM   #922
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Weed View Post
I always pick Army (alma mater) to start my dynasty. On another note, there are no sliders for fumbles. The only thing that I can think of to fix it is to increase the RB Ability maybe?

I've only had 1 game where fumbles were out of hand. I have had at least a half dozen with 0 fumbles. For me, they aren't a problem.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:54 AM   #923
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
I've only had 1 game where fumbles were out of hand. I have had at least a half dozen with 0 fumbles. For me, they aren't a problem.

At least in campus legend mode as a RB, they seem to come in spurts for me. I don't think I've had a game yet where I've just fumbled one time. Its either 0 or 2+, I've had as many as 4 in a game, more than once.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:58 AM   #924
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
At least in campus legend mode as a RB, they seem to come in spurts for me. I don't think I've had a game yet where I've just fumbled one time. Its either 0 or 2+, I've had as many as 4 in a game, more than once.

Yep, generally it's not an issue for me in CL mode but I did have 3 consecutive games where I had fumbling problems for some reason including one game where I fumbled 4 times.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:00 AM   #925
Huckleberry
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Always Mizzou for me as well. It's time to get us a NC!

While doing some research I was surprised to learn that Missouri is the only Big 12 team without a division title in football, regular season or tournament title in basketball, or a regular season or tournament title in baseball. In fact, Missouri's only two conference titles in Big 12 play were by the 1997 softball team. 2 out of 320 conference championships awarded by the Big 12 so far.

I'm not talking smack. I just found that amazing because Mizzou's athletic program is generally very competitive across the board.

The Barking Carnival (Longhorn-centered sports blog)
College Football Adjusted Stats and Ratings
Huckleberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:04 AM   #926
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
I'm not talking smack. I just found that amazing because Mizzou's athletic program is generally very competitive across the board.

Maybe not, but I get the feeling this bit of information will be posted again at some point in the next 4 months.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #927
Flasch186
Coordinator

i used a free rental on this and I gotta say Im very impressed with the CL mode....havnt played dynasty yet but this has been a lot of fun thus far.

question: on the calendar if you sim to the games, skipping practice, do you still get an increase or growth in points?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 07-25-2007 at 10:10 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #928
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry View Post
While doing some research I was surprised to learn that Missouri is the only Big 12 team without a division title in football, regular season or tournament title in basketball, or a regular season or tournament title in baseball. In fact, Missouri's only two conference titles in Big 12 play were by the 1997 softball team. 2 out of 320 conference championships awarded by the Big 12 so far.

Oh yeah, you don't have to tell us MU fans.

MU has never won a team championship since the B12 was formed. Lots of close calls, but nothing overall. However, MU has won multiple individual titles, both at the B12 and NCAA level and has one of the top 5 wrestling programs in the nation. Hopefully, our football team can win the north this year and win the B12 championship on our home state turf in Arrowhead.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #929
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Maybe not, but I get the feeling this bit of information will be posted again at some point in the next 4 months.

Bastard!!!

Old 07-25-2007, 11:56 AM   #930
Desnudo
Coordinator

Has anyone else encountered a problem with too many holding penalties? I used EF27's sliders, setting holding to 99 and started getting a ton of holding penalties, sometimes 4-5 in a row. Even after setting the slider to 0, it still happens. I had to shut off penalties (PS2).

I've seen some other instances of this happening on the web, but was wondering if anyone had any insight here.

Also, how are the load times on the PS3 or XBox 360? This game is the first one that actually got me thinking about buying one of the two.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:59 AM   #931
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post
Has anyone else encountered a problem with too many holding penalties? I used EF27's sliders, setting holding to 99 and started getting a ton of holding penalties, sometimes 4-5 in a row. Even after setting the slider to 0, it still happens. I had to shut off penalties (PS2).

I've seen some other instances of this happening on the web, but was wondering if anyone had any insight here.

Also, how are the load times on the PS3 or XBox 360? This game is the first one that actually got me thinking about buying one of the two.

Hmmm, on the 360, I hardly see any holding penalties or any penalties at all with my sliders. Besides the interceptions being too high, that is my biggest gripe with the game. Load times aren't bad at all on the 360.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:10 PM   #932
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo View Post

Not bad on the PS3, but it's all relative. I never sat there thinking it was taking way too long when I rented it. I know that there are websites out there that do load time comparisons between the two systems when there are similar games. If you want exact load times on either system, probably would be a good thing to search for to find out.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 07-25-2007 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:11 PM   #933
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Man, Bill Abner started out pretty high on this game and his impressions have gone downhill pretty quickly. Complaining about the passing game in his latest blog.......

http://sportsgamer.blogspot.com/2007...nning-low.html
Old 07-25-2007, 12:15 PM   #934
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jistic on OS usually has some great sliders and he just released his. He has defensive awareness at 20 for both sides which he says has eliminated the interceptions being too high (he's averaging 1 a game against the CPU.) He has knockdowns to 100 and ints at 0 like I did. I'm going to try that this weekend, as the number of interceptions being too high is my only significant complaint about the game at this point.
Old 07-25-2007, 12:24 PM   #935
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Jistic on OS usually has some great sliders and he just released his. He has defensive awareness at 20 for both sides which he says has eliminated the interceptions being too high (he's averaging 1 a game against the CPU.) He has knockdowns to 100 and ints at 0 like I did. I'm going to try that this weekend, as the number of interceptions being too high is my only significant complaint about the game at this point.

I've only played a handful of games so far, but I'm still not seeing this yet. I'm hoping to start my dynasty very soon though and then I'll get to see more games played. Last game was 1 INT and that was me.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #936
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

Without using anyone's sliders, I upped knockdowns to 100, decreased INT's to zero, and defensive awareness to 35. Interceptions are now at 1-2 per game, sometimes zero or three, but mainly within the 1-2 range.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 02:10 PM   #937
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Without using anyone's sliders, I upped knockdowns to 100, decreased INT's to zero, and defensive awareness to 35. Interceptions are now at 1-2 per game, sometimes zero or three, but mainly within the 1-2 range.

Yeah, I might just keep it at 30 which is where I tested it at with a variety of teams. I think I just need to accept USC's defense kicks ass and will intercept it more than most teams

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-25-2007 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-25-2007, 02:15 PM   #938
Kodos
Resident Alien

In my first start for the Buffalo Bulls against Penn State in career mode (whatever it's called), I threw like 5 or 6 picks, including my first 2 passes.

I suck. They should really move you back down the depth chart if you suck it up. The high school games were fun. I got sick of the load times before each practice...

Last edited by Kodos : 07-25-2007 at 02:16 PM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:03 PM   #939
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I increased knockdowns to 100, ints to 0, and lowered defensive awareness a little. We shall see...

That being said, I just had my best game with 2008. The third game of my dynasty I played West Virginia at home (as Maryland). For the life of me, I could not stop Slaton at all. The only two saving graces were the two interceptions Pat White threw - they kept me in the game. With 18 seconds left, West Virginia kicked a FG to take a 38-35 lead. I had no timeouts left (they drove down the field on the previous possession, so I had to do everything just to have some time left), so I knew I had to throw an out pattern. The first attempt was miserable, so I had 7 seconds left from my own 42. I threw a hail mary, completed it down to the West Virginia 22, only to watch the last second tick off. My first loss, 38-35, but thoroughly enjoyable.

I can't wait for the next game .

Oh, btw, 2 interceptions for WVA and 1 for me. I can deal with 3 interceptions per game...
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:15 PM   #940
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I've only played a handful of games so far, but I'm still not seeing this yet. I'm hoping to start my dynasty very soon though and then I'll get to see more games played. Last game was 1 INT and that was me.

I'm not either. I had one game where it was big. I just played a game today where each team had 1 pick on AA with no slider movement at all.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #941
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
question: on the calendar if you sim to the games, skipping practice, do you still get an increase or growth in points?

I also was wondering about this. I've been skipping practice (without a noticeable in-season ratings boost) but attending the nightly functions (and receiving the applicable boosts). I'd like to sim everything, but the night stuff is kinda neat.
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 07:59 PM   #942
Izulde
Head Coach

Do you have to save your profile right after you get an ESPN Instant Classic? Because I didn't save the profile right away and just went straight to ESPN Instant Classics... then when I tried to save it after not finding the game on there, it didn't appear.

Was a hell of a game too. North Carolina goes up 7-0 on a 72 yard TD run by me, my first-ever for 20+ yards in CL mode (I even took 2 videos of it), Virginia battles back with superior defense and takes a 20-7 lead. I punch in another TD from 5 out and we close to within 20-14 and eke out another TD late in the 4th quarter.

Then I got the ball back with 15 seconds left, rip a huge gain down to the Cavs' 15 yard line... only to fumble and lose the ball. VA gets it back with 11 seconds left but we hang on for the 21-20 win.

My highest total ever running too, like 154 yards for 2 TDs and a short pass reception.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:40 AM   #943
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Another post from Bill Harris concerning a few positives and a list of bugs/problems he's found thus far, including another complaint about interceptions.........

Quote:
On the positive side:
--turning off the announcers really helped me appreciate how good the crowd sounds are in this game.
--the stadiums just look phenomenal, even with the reduced graphics quality (which was worth the tradeoff, because the framerate is much improved). They did a particularly excellent job conveying the massive size of the stadiums.
--while the animations aren't of the same quality as All-Pro Football 2K8, they're significantly improved and quite good in general. Most notable area that needs improvement: defensive backs need to be tracking the ball with their head, not with their eyes in the back of their head.
--generally, the A.I. uses its timeouts in a reasonable manner.
--the BCS standings calculation, in my limited experience, has been much more accurately replicated.
--like I said previously, I can only speak for the MLB position, but the camera is totally playable and much, much more immersive than the ONE camera in Dynasty mode.
--playing as one player is really, really fun.

On the negative side:
--a bug: all my Legend games are starting in the mid-to-late afternoon. Every single one for three seasons, which is a huge drag.
--another bug: sometimes the sound will reset to a much lower volume during a game, and it stays that way until you reboot.
--two primary gameplay issues: too many interceptions and too difficult to run (on default All-American settings). I'm going to fiddle with these for the next season and see to what degree they can be improved.
--the wind rarely blows strongly. Playing as Texas Tech, the wind should be whipping across the plains on a regular basis.
--in Super Sim mode, change of possession plays don't pause for your input before the game continues. This means you see something flash up quickly and then you're on the field, wondering exactly what happened.
--the holder for field goals should not be looking back at the kicker when the ball is snapped. It happens often enough that it's not a rarity.
--the ESPN.com features have a clunky interface and aren't nearly as much fun as the Sports Illustrated covers use to be.
--in Legend mode, it's very easy to interfere with a pass receiver and not get called for interference.
--the "Pontiac Game Changing Performance" play is often completely meaningless to the outcome of the game. A little thing, but you notice.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:00 AM   #944
Logan
Head Coach

Quick responses:

- My first Legend game on the college level (I only played one, then went back to my dynasty) was at night.

- Haven't had any issues with the sound.

- The interceptions are a little high it seems, but with slider changes are much more reasonable. I know right when I throw it when a pass will be picked off; it's always been because of a terrible decision, not when the DB/LB makes a great play on the ball. I probably average a pick a game defensively. Running is a little tough on default AA, but I wouldn't say it's "difficult" to run. Before I messed around with sliders, I was breaking plenty of big plays and also getting stuffed behind the line. Now that I have the sliders where I want them, it feels much more realistic...some big plays, some losses, most in the 5 yard range (I'm using a very good RB).

- Strongest wind I've seen is 13MPH. I guess that's an issue to some, but not to me.

- Not following on his Super Sim issue.

- Either he or I are seeing something wrong. I seem to see the holder looking back at the kicker before every snap, seeing if he's ready, and then turning his head forward to receive the snap. Actually thought that was a pretty cool animation.

- 100% agree on the ESPN.com feature. It's crap. Annoying to navigate and it seems to take too long to load/exit out of.

- No real comment on the legend mode, haven't played enough...but as a HS MLB, I remember getting called for PI in one of the playoff games.

- 100% disagree on "meaningless" Pontiac Game Changing play...what's considered meaningless? A 7 yard run...an incomplete pass? I haven't seen any like that. Every one has been a TD, an INT, or a fumble. And not a TD to make it 35-14...my last game, my national championship loss to USC, the featured play was an early 3rd quarter TD by USC...which was the first 7 of 21 straight points. My complaint with the feature is that you can't cut out of it by X-ing or hitting start...you're forced to watch the whole play.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #945
Richard Weed
H.S. Freshman Team

Speaking of the wind, sometimes when I pick my side of the field to defend (with the wind) I'm actually kicking off into the wind.

The ESPN.com feature may be crap but at least it's an attempt to get us more immersed in the game. I can't figure out how to get to the AP's 25. All I see is the Coach's 25.

I think the Pontiac Game Changing play is the score that allowed the winning team to get ahead. I also don't like the fact that you have to watch your whole replay of a play you're trying to save to the hard drive without being able to X out.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:42 AM   #946
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

After losing in the final thirty seconds to Ole Miss, beating Arkansas State on a last-second field goal, and holding off a Duke comeback attempt to win by 10, I thought I was at least able to keep up with some of the teams out there. I wasn't worried at all when I had a game coming up at Central Florida. Little did I know...

UCF handed me a 55-19 beating. Their running back ran for 178 yards on me. I've never had the CPU run like that against me in an NCAA game before, I don't think. I mean, we just couldn't stop him. This wasn't something where he only had like 10 carries and broke two or three long touchdown runs. This was in about 28 carries. After he broke a couple of 10-yard runs on me, I started stacking the line, and then UCF went to the air on me. I just couldn't do a thing.

On the flip side, I was punishing UCF early in the game with play action passes. After about a quarter of that, they started blitzing much more often. I actually got sacked on three consecutive plays. They were ahead, they knew I had to throw the ball, so they pinned their ears back and just flew at me. I figured that the CPU couldn't possibly be smart enough to keep blitzing again and again, but it was. I had to slow down the blitz, so I went to screen passes. After rolling down the field with some screens and quick passes, their blitzes stopped. Of course, I didn't know that they were going to stop blitzing, so I tried one screen pass that got stuffed. They completely confused me when I was on offense because they were adapting to everything I did, and since I was down by about 26 at that point, I couldn't afford to run the ball much to get them off my back. They just played way too smart for me.

I hope I have UCF on my schedule next season so I can get revenge.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-26-2007 at 08:43 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #947
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Weed View Post
The ESPN.com feature may be crap but at least it's an attempt to get us more immersed in the game. I can't figure out how to get to the AP's 25. All I see is the Coach's 25.

Hold down the LT trigger, like how you move through the depth chart with the RT one.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #948
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'd like to add one more thing about my game against UCF. On consecutive plays, I did something that I'd never done before. First, I returned a kickoff for a touchdown. Yeah, yeah, I've been playing this series for years, and I'd never done it. Well, I did it and I almost jumped up and down. That feeling left pretty quickly, as I followed that up with another new experience.

I missed the extra point.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 07-26-2007 at 09:00 AM.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:50 AM   #949
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Ha. Good stuff I mean,
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 11:06 AM   #950
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

I suck at offense so bad...it's ridiculous. My D is pretty solid, but I just beat Akron (as Ohio State) 26-7. I kicked 4 FG's and scored one defensive TD. In the Red Zone, I had 4 FG's and 1 TD. If I can work on that I would have blown them out. I only scored 1 offensive TD on a 3rd and 6 pass from the RZ that hit an open receiver. That was about the most excited I've been with the game since I got it (because I struggle mightily with the offense). Hopefully I can be undefeated until I play some tough opponents (Penn State in the 9th game).
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote