Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #901
Izulde
Head Coach

While I'm still suspicious of Blade, I've been suspicious of LoneStarGirl, too. Normally she's much more talkative and active in games and she's been virtually silent in this one.

Such a move, especially for a newerish player like her, usually indicates a baddie in the woodworks and makes me suspicious of her than of Blade, so my vote goes to her.

VOTE LONESTARGIRL

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:25 AM   #902
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
All this said, I'm not voting early. We're giving the bad guys a nice, easy way to not have to show any kind independent thought and get caught. Let someone else make the wake today and see if it changes things.

I don't understand this. I thought that by voting we would force people into talking. If we wait until closer to deadline to start with our votes, what's to prevent the bad guys from just lying low all day?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:28 AM   #903
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
How so? In terms of how the vote was cast, or when it was cast?

I disagree on Lathum, FWIW, because even at the point where he voted, he was picking up votes and looking like the alternate candidate to Chief Rum. I think you're seeing what you want to see there.

In terms of when the vote was cast, I would also throw out Thomkal as one who cast a middle-of-the-pack vote on Chief Rum.

Actually I would look more at those who voted for Chief Rum near the end of voting. My reasoning here is that if Lathum is evil, (which I don't think he is), there are likely some evil votes on Chief Rum at the end of his votes. Because they were trying to protect Lathum since the voting was beginning to get close. But not knowing if Lathum is evil or not kinda makes it a moot point.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:30 AM   #904
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I don't understand this. I thought that by voting we would force people into talking. If we wait until closer to deadline to start with our votes, what's to prevent the bad guys from just lying low all day?

Well to be honest, both days so far I was the second person to put a vote out for someone and gave pretty detailed reasons why I was voting that person. And both days I watched a ton of others jump on without much reasoning and see the person to be lynched.

I'm not horribly upset with the results of the lynches, I will take 50% any day when it doesn't involve a valuable good person role, but that was mostly due to luck more than anything else.

Please excuse me if I choose to wait a bit today too so others don't just decide that they'll take the easy way out.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:35 AM   #905
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Because then they're actually lying low and they can't make really bad arguments like "we have to make a lynch!" to disguise votes for good guys. The way it stands now we usually wind up with the same people getting the discussion going every day followed by the same people following in their wake every day. I say we give them a chance to be front runners and if they don't take it we start putting the heat on them. Without any hard evidence we're looking at another day like yesterday where a talkative player just picks a candidate and everyone falls into line.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #906
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
While I'm still suspicious of Blade, I've been suspicious of LoneStarGirl, too. Normally she's much more talkative and active in games and she's been virtually silent in this one.

Such a move, especially for a newerish player like her, usually indicates a baddie in the woodworks and makes me suspicious of her than of Blade, so my vote goes to her.

I'm suspicious of her, too. If we are going to be looking at under the radar players, she tops my list. I should add that I'm suspicious of st.cronin's defending her only based on her vote for Scoobz.
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:36 AM   #907
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Well to be honest, both days so far I was the second person to put a vote out for someone and gave pretty detailed reasons why I was voting that person. And both days I watched a ton of others jump on without much reasoning and see the person to be lynched.

I'm not horribly upset with the results of the lynches, I will take 50% any day when it doesn't involve a valuable good person role, but that was mostly due to luck more than anything else.

Please excuse me if I choose to wait a bit today too so others don't just decide that they'll take the easy way out.

I really don't want you to put in an earlier vote today especially because you've done it the last two days. We need to see someone else take point just so we know what more about what we're dealing with.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:37 AM   #908
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Actually I would look more at those who voted for Chief Rum near the end of voting. My reasoning here is that if Lathum is evil, (which I don't think he is), there are likely some evil votes on Chief Rum at the end of his votes. Because they were trying to protect Lathum since the voting was beginning to get close. But not knowing if Lathum is evil or not kinda makes it a moot point.

I am of two trains of thought here. There are a few scenerios here:

1) Both Chief and Lathum are good, and people who are in Saruman or Sauron's forces know these two aren't on their side at least. How would they have acted yesterday?

2) Chief is good, Lathum is bad, how would the people on Lathum's side in this scenerio have acted yesterday?

3) Chief is good, Lathum is independant, in this case I would think bad guys would have acted similar to #1 above.

I'm not entirely sure that I found Lathum's actions super fishy and for perhaps the first time in the game I agree with Blade that I have seen lathum act much differently as a wolf. Lathum usually is much more reserved in the early going as a wolf, is a bit more passive agressive and here I feel he has been at least more involved today.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:43 AM   #909
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I believe several people have specifically said that they thought Lathum was acting like a villager. I would be interested in specifics.

Okay, I think the following are subtle reasons, but they add up to me keeping Lathum in my likely good column. I think lynching him is a wasted lynch and will kill a good guy.

· Lathum indicated he thought Blade was of no harm to the village. At this point in the game, I get the same feeling
· He points out Tyrith’s swap from Lathum to Swaggs as odd. That was weird and I thought so too, again good vibe.
· Suggests evaluating some of the people who are not voting for CR or Lathum, I agree that is not a bad idea
· He points out having a close race is beneficial to see who moves, etc. Sound good guy logic
· If he were on the dark side, I do not think he would say he thought there was a failed conversion. Supports being good, but still possibly knowing more. Actually I think the old man is just telling a story about tombstone. Sometimes it is hard to get a recent game out of your head
· Asks st.cronin about his odd post about saldana and CR, which st.cronin has not answered, although it has been asked by Lathum, Blade and myself
· His posts support that we need to lynch in order to win and consolidating votes on a few candidates is a good strategy – very pro villager
· Indicates we should swing votes to 2 or 3 candidates to get more than 2 or 3 votes on one person. 2 or 3 votes is not enough heat to matter
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #910
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm suspicious of her, too. If we are going to be looking at under the radar players, she tops my list. I should add that I'm suspicious of st.cronin's defending her only based on her vote for Scoobz.

Despite his fingering me, I'm not too suspicious of st. cronin right now, but this time I'm sticking with my LSG vote. The more I think about it, the more I'm certain she's a baddy.

Old 11-08-2006, 10:50 AM   #911
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I have been a little bit suspicious of St.Cronin and all of his arguments against lynching people. I can understand that he wants us to learn from lynches and he doesn't think we are, but the way this game is structured, we don't really have a choice. The only thing that makes me hesitant about this is that he is so vehement about us doing the wrong things. If he is bad, I'd expect him to try to plant some seeds about not wanting us to lynch without being so forceful.

I also find it interesting that Grammaticus and Izulde both talked about players who are good votes because they are uncharacteristically quiet this game. I didn't find Chief Rum to be unusually quiet, and I don't find LSG to be unusually quiet. They seemed/seem to be talking about as much as usual. I'm thinking about taking a closer look at Izulde at the moment.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 10:54 AM   #912
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Hmm, I am not sure that I have paid a bunch of attention to Lonestargirl this game one way or another. Most of that is probably likely due to being in my bomb shelter alot of this game. I fear I don't have a good take on many of the people who are more or less UtR. I know in the small game just recently done, I felt she was a wolf (and was right) on day 1 just from how super involved and her reactions to some of the wolf moves that were made.

So far this game Lonestargirl has done a complete 180 from the last game where she was a wolf. She has been much less involved, and I don't really remember too many places where she came out with a new thought rather than just adding to current discussion. So I guess she seems to be acting differently than last game, but I dunno guess that doesn't mean much since last game didn't end too well for her.

I guess what I'm trying to say is LSG hasn't really pinged my radar any, but I would say she is one of the UtR folks. (which we have a few of)
Old 11-08-2006, 10:59 AM   #913
Izulde
Head Coach

Well I'm just going based on the experiences of the games where I've been involved in LSG. She's never been that quiet that I can recall, which to me is baddieish.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:06 AM   #914
Tyrith
College Starter

Has LSG ever been bad besides in the aborted, messed up Short Game 2?
Old 11-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #915
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Not that I am aware of. That was what she always said every game how she wished she got to actually be bad for once since she was always a vanilla good guy role.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:09 AM   #916
Izulde
Head Coach

As somebody, I think Mr. W?, pointed out earlier in the thread, past designations of good-bad don't count. Every game is completely new.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:12 AM   #917
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
As somebody, I think Mr. W?, pointed out earlier in the thread, past designations of good-bad don't count. Every game is completely new.

True, but playing styles do count.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:15 AM   #918
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
True, but playing styles do count.

Good point and like I said, her play style is so opposite what I've normally seen that it seems to me to say baddie, especially if she's been villager so often, i.e. trying to stay as low as possible so she can enjoy being baddie for as long as she can.

Old 11-08-2006, 11:35 AM   #919
spleen1015
Coordinator

Looking at voting records, the following people have voted for someone other than the lynchee on both days:

ntndeacon
Tyrith
Swaggs
Blade
st.cronin
Chief Rum

Chief has already been lynched, proven good. With 5 people left in that group, I believe that there is a least 1, possibly 2 dark folk in that group. ntndeacon, Swaggs and st.cronin all voted for Lathum yesterday during the 2 player run off, so I don't suspect them at this point. Blade has voted for Alan both days and I haven't gotten a bad vibe from him this game.

That leaves Tyrith. Both of his votes were for people no where near the running for the lynch. I think this is a good place to hide if I'm a bad guy. So, this will be my basis for voting for him today.

Vote Tyrith
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:44 AM   #920
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

On Tyrith

I did notice that while we were making the two horse race, he backed off of Lathum to vote for Swaggs. I haven't gone back to check if there was a reason or not, but at first glance it looked fishy.
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:46 AM   #921
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The way Lathum took my arguments makes me think he's bad, or he's playing sloppy like he accused me of. He's still very high on my watch list...that said, the way Swaggs is playing now is making me even more suspicious, and since Lathum isn't gonna get lynched tonight I'm switching.

UNVOTE LATHUM
VOTE SWAGGS

Ok, here was his reasoning. I'm still not sure I buy it, because at that point I thought we were trying to push Lathum and CR to see what people did.
Old 11-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #922
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Looking at voting records, the following people have voted for someone other than the lynchee on both days:

ntndeacon
Tyrith
Swaggs
Blade
st.cronin
Chief Rum

Chief has already been lynched, proven good. With 5 people left in that group, I believe that there is a least 1, possibly 2 dark folk in that group. ntndeacon, Swaggs and st.cronin all voted for Lathum yesterday during the 2 player run off, so I don't suspect them at this point. Blade has voted for Alan both days and I haven't gotten a bad vibe from him this game.

That leaves Tyrith. Both of his votes were for people no where near the running for the lynch. I think this is a good place to hide if I'm a bad guy. So, this will be my basis for voting for him today.

Vote Tyrith

Better recheck your list. I can't speak for the other names on your list, but I don't think there was much of a point to putting Chief on it and I voted for Scoobz on Day 1 (post #350).

I think you may be trying to muddy the waters, as this looks like a pretty useless list to me right now.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 11:58 AM   #923
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hmmmm hmmmm
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:01 PM   #924
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Better recheck your list. I can't speak for the other names on your list, but I don't think there was much of a point to putting Chief on it and I voted for Scoobz on Day 1 (post #350).

I think you may be trying to muddy the waters, as this looks like a pretty useless list to me right now.

I have you voting for ntndeacon on Day 1. I need to go back and recheck. I rely on other folks to give the voting break downs. So, I could be wrong.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:02 PM   #925
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

ntndeacon
Tyrith
Swaggs
Blade
st.cronin
Chief Rum

Vote Tyrith

It's such a good place to hide that you immediately fingered me. That logic doesn't work.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:05 PM   #926
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
I have you voting for ntndeacon on Day 1. I need to go back and recheck. I rely on other folks to give the voting break downs. So, I could be wrong.

Post 350 swaggs voted for scoobz
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #927
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
Ok, here was his reasoning. I'm still not sure I buy it, because at that point I thought we were trying to push Lathum and CR to see what people did.

At that point the Lathum lynch really didn't have much momentum behind it. As bad as the reasoning was for CR it was worse for Lathum, where people were just voting for him for the sake of making it a race...and that push was dying as the focus became on getting a lynch of a lynch's sake. I don't believe in that kind of lynch, so I wasn't voting for CR. Swaggs kept insisting that the day 1 vote meant something, and I strongly disagree with that concept. Was Swaggs thought process a wolf move? Not necessarily, but the wolves could push us to look at the day 1 vote record because they know it will be in their favor. Thus the vote.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:06 PM   #928
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
It's such a good place to hide that you immediately fingered me. That logic doesn't work.

I know there are going to be people who shoot holes all over it. I am prepared for that and I don't care. I am trying to use the information at hand.

I'm pretty confident that there is a dark person hiding within that group, so this is the way I am going today. I fully expect you to challenge me since I want you lynched today. You asked for someone else to get the vote ball rolling today.

I have been right about who I think are wolves in past games more than I have been wrong.

Swaggs shouldn't be a part of this group, btw. He is correct. He moved his vote from ntn to scoobz.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:08 PM   #929
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just trying to break up the votes in any kind of patterns that i can find.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Early votes from the day. Saldana voted Chief back which I suppose is a common move regardless of allegiance. Izulde and JE both throw out early votes on people of their choice with their reasonings. I guess I would be curious if either of these two still feel the same way about their votes and if not, why?

Only other note here is Sndvls voted for St.Cronin early here, where St.Cronin had voted for Sndvls the day before. Both times without much fanfare or discussion though.

(446) Chief rum votes Saldana (1)
(482) Saldana votes Chief Rum (1)
(484) Izulde votes Blade (1)
(501) Jonathan Ezarik votes Daddy Torgo (1)
(504) Alan votes Chief Rum (2)
(532) Sndvls votes St.Cronin (1)
-------------------------------------------------------------
We see here the bandwagon start to form on Chief Rum with Schmidty's vote (without any explanation what so ever). Brian tosses out a vote for Spleen and once again I'm curious if Brian still feels the same way about Spleen or if his feelings have changed. If so, why?

Then an interesting thing happens the votes for Lathum start to come in with first St.Cronin and then Tyrith. From what I remember without looking back, the reasoning was he jumped onto the same story that others had used to vote for Chief and it seemed suspicious. My question though is why vote Lathum here? Why Lathum over Schmidty who made the same vote before Lathum without any explanation whatsoever?

(552) Schmidty votes Chief Rum (3)
(554) BrianD votes Spleen (1)
(555) Lathum votes Chief Rum (4)
(557) St.Cronin votes Lathum (1)
(565) Tyrith votes Lathum (2)
-----------------------------------------
This next group of votes is where the bandwagon for Chief picks up alot of steam and goes way in the lead, appearing to be a runaway. In the middle is Mr.W's vote for Lathum which if I remember right was to try to keep things close in a two horse race.

(574) Blade votes Chief Rum (5)
(577) Jonathan Ezarik UNVOTES Daddy Torgo (0) ***
(577) Jonathan Ezarik votes Chief Rum (6)
(583) Mr.Wednesday votes Lathum (3)
(585) Thomkal votes Chief Rum (7)
(593) Grammaticus votes Chief Rum (8)
----------------------------------------------------------------
After Chief gets a pretty huge lead, the momentum reverses itself and we see a clump of voters on Lathum to bring him back closer again (8-6)

(594) Swaggs votes Lathum (4)
(595) Ntndeacon votes Lathum (5)
(607) Kwhit votes Lathum (6)
--------------------------------------------------------
Next votes put it into a dead heat 7-7

(611) Blade UNVOTES Chief RUm (7) ***
(611) Blade votes Alan (1)
(616) Sublime votes Lathum (7)
--------------------------------------------------
Spleen voted for Chief which then made it a 1 vote difference which lasted for a while until we saw in a very short time Lonestargirl vote for Chief as well as Tyrith and Mr.W unvote for Lathum which basically decided the race. In the middle of this BrianD appeared to have returned to the thread as well as Daddytorgo both voting for Lathum, but it still was pretty big gap at this point. (10-7)

(625) Spleen votes Chief Rum (8)
(700) Lonestargirl votes Chief Rum (9)
(704) Tyrith UNVOTES Lathum (6) ***
(704) Tyrith votes Swaggs (1)
(707) BrianD UNVOTES Spleen (0) ***
(707) BrianD votes Lathum (7)
(708) Mr.Wednesday UNVOTES Lathum (6) ***
(708) Mr.Wednesday votes Chief Rum (10)
(712) DaddyTorgo votes Lathum (7)
----------------------------------------------------------------
The ending we had Izulde moving his vote to be a participant in the lynch and Dodgerchick putting the last vote on to cinch the lynch. We also see Kwhit do last minute flipflopping which to me seemed quite odd, but I already had distrust of Kwhit before this move.

(738) Izulde UNVOTES Blade (0) ***
(738) Izulde votes Chief Rum (11)
(752) Dodgerchick votes Chief Rum (12)
(758) Kwhit UNVOTES Lathum (6) ***
(758) Kwhit votes Chief Rum (13)
(765) Kwhit UNVOTES Chief Rum (12) ***
(765) Kwhit votes Lathum (7)
Old 11-08-2006, 12:09 PM   #930
Tyrith
College Starter

Eventually you all will have to realize that being a little loose with ideas is just how I play. I like to throw a lot of stuff out there like some of the other people in this game, and I can play a little crazy. I'm not afraid to think outside the box when the box is wrong and is hurting us. Please don't confuse my natural style with acting like a wolf -- and really, would a wolf be THIS stupid without a history to back it up (aka Alan can get away with it, I might not)?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #931
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

what about KWhit?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #932
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
I know there are going to be people who shoot holes all over it. I am prepared for that and I don't care. I am trying to use the information at hand.

I'm pretty confident that there is a dark person hiding within that group, so this is the way I am going today. I fully expect you to challenge me since I want you lynched today. You asked for someone else to get the vote ball rolling today.

I have been right about who I think are wolves in past games more than I have been wrong.

Swaggs shouldn't be a part of this group, btw. He is correct. He moved his vote from ntn to scoobz.

You do realize that you could pick any group of five people left in the game and there is probably a bad guy in the group, right? I don't specifically care about you voting for me, but I don't want other people following you based on faulty logic.

Oh, and furthermore, in general -- if I was a bad guy and saw the CR lynch developing yesterday why wouldn't I just go ahead and come up with some BS reason to vote for him? Voting for Lathum should actually be the less suspicious of the two votes right now because we know the guy he was running against was good. By the same logic that sndvls, alan, and...LSG was it? who got minor trust points on Day 1, Alan, saldana, Lathum, and Schmidty should have minor trust points deducted for yesterday.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:14 PM   #933
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Eventually you all will have to realize that being a little loose with ideas is just how I play. I like to throw a lot of stuff out there like some of the other people in this game, and I can play a little crazy. I'm not afraid to think outside the box when the box is wrong and is hurting us. Please don't confuse my natural style with acting like a wolf -- and really, would a wolf be THIS stupid without a history to back it up (aka Alan can get away with it, I might not)?

I'm not sure if this is a passive agressive compliment to get people to suspect me, or an insult to how when I'm wrong I am often wrong big
Old 11-08-2006, 12:15 PM   #934
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Was the small game that just finished the one your referring to(i thought it was #3 or 4)? I dont think it is, since we won and it was never aborted, and if not then she was bad that game as well(where she was pretty damn quiet, but so were cronin and ntndeacon who were good)
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #935
Tyrith
College Starter

The reason I voted for Lathum was his vote combined with the whole discussion about a failed conversion that cronin picked up on. The two combined made him a slightly better candidate.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #936
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure if this is a passive agressive compliment to get people to suspect me, or an insult to how when I'm wrong I am often wrong big
I think hes saying if you pulled some tricks out of the hat and got caught, people will give you the benefit of the doubt for your experience. I believe he is claiming similar moves by him would get him lynched.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #937
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:

Nah, it's just referring to the fact that you can do crazy stuff and get away with it because hey, it's Alan, he always does crazy stuff
Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #938
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Tyrith, if you dont mind, since you are in this thread and St.Cronin isn't... One question I have is why did you all go after Lathum yesterday and not Schmidty? Looking back at how the vote progressed and what I remember of the conversation without going back to re-read it Schmidty seemed a much more suspicious move to me than Lathum's vote did.

I'm just curious why you all overlooked Schmidty there?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 PM   #939
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119 View Post
Was the small game that just finished the one your referring to(i thought it was #3 or 4)? I dont think it is, since we won and it was never aborted, and if not then she was bad that game as well(where she was pretty damn quiet, but so were cronin and ntndeacon who were good)

Football Tryouts was Small Game 2.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:18 PM   #940
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

LSG was quiet at the end after they were busted, but remember the first day. She was a chatty kathy and that was the behavior that made me vote for her the first two days. It was I felt uncharacteristic of her normal behavior. I feel she is more quiet this game than she was that game.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #941
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Alan, I didn't necessarily have good reason to vote for Spleen. After his talk about never being killed and all of the noise from the last game, I figured he was as good a random vote as anyone. I voted for him again the second day since I wanted to see some votes out and people talking. Usually when I throw out a random vote, I like to stick with it until a better candidate is revealed.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #942
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Football Tryouts was Small Game 2.

No, it was not...not unless you count the rookie games as something else, because their was the one bek got someone lynched, cant remember who, and they accused me of cheating by giving him help. Their was the game where gramat fake revealed duke to counter my real claim and won, and there was the one where we just won over lathum, LSG, and neuqua
Demotivation
Old 11-08-2006, 12:19 PM   #943
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Tyrith, if you dont mind, since you are in this thread and St.Cronin isn't... One question I have is why did you all go after Lathum yesterday and not Schmidty? Looking back at how the vote progressed and what I remember of the conversation without going back to re-read it Schmidty seemed a much more suspicious move to me than Lathum's vote did.

I'm just curious why you all overlooked Schmidty there?

I picked up the suspicious vibe on Schmidty, but he wasn't going to be around either (part of the reason I didn't want to vote for Chief Rum) and Lathum just seemed to be copying the logic saldana used without trying to add to it, which was just odd. And then the thing that cronin talked about, with that discussion of conversions and such.

On that note, at this point it seems like you might be right on the Saruman group not having a kill, or at best they alternate kills. But it seems like one kill a night might be the norm.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #944
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
No, it was not...not unless you count the rookie games as something else, because their was the one bek got someone lynched, cant remember who, and they accused me of cheating by giving him help. Their was the game where gramat fake revealed duke to counter my real claim and won, and there was the one where we just won over lathum, LSG, and neuqua

The _thread title_ calls it Small Game II.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:20 PM   #945
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
The reason I voted for Lathum was his vote combined with the whole discussion about a failed conversion that cronin picked up on. The two combined made him a slightly better candidate.

So why didn't you keep your vote then? Before you said that the reasoning for voting Lathum was worse than the reasoning for CR. But doesn't that contradict this post?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:21 PM   #946
Blade6119
Coordinator

Oh, and cronin, since you asked about lathum another reason for me is i always have a harder time voting for players ive had fights with. I tend to avoid voting lathum, schmidty, realdeal, etc. unless i feel they are by far the best canidate. If their equal with another, i tend to try and avoid them getting into a hissy fit and starting round 2 with me.
Demotivation
Old 11-08-2006, 12:22 PM   #947
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
The _thread title_ calls it Small Game II.

The_Thread_Title_Is_Wrong.

We had a number problem with the big games too..go by facts, do some research on it and you will find im right on both accounts.
Demotivation
Old 11-08-2006, 12:23 PM   #948
Tyrith
College Starter

My whole point about LSG is that she isn't someone who I have a lot of experience about reading. I don't know if we can categorize her behavior this game as different because she's a wolf or different because of various other reasons. If she has been a wolf in a large game we could use that as a test against her behavior now. I don't really want to count Football Tryouts because the game was small, there wasn't a lot of talking, and the game became stupid starting Day 4.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:24 PM   #949
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Hmm ok, I remember that part. The talk about the failed conversion made me curious as well, but in the end i think he was just telling a short story about tombstone and moved on. Keeping in mind he was the one doing the converting in tombstone and he had direct experience with getting blocked day 1.

I don't think i really agree with him about the signs pointing to a failed conversion, but after his explanation I didnt think as much of it.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:25 PM   #950
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime 2 View Post
So why didn't you keep your vote then? Before you said that the reasoning for voting Lathum was worse than the reasoning for CR. But doesn't that contradict this post?

Because I didn't switch to CR, I switched to Swaggs, whose continued insistence on the value of the first two days voting I _strongly_ disagreed with. If Lathum wasn't going to get lynched over CR then I wanted to use my vote to do something productive -- creating pressure and conversation. Which it did, so I'm pretty happy with it.