Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-26-2006, 10:49 PM   #901
spleen1015
Coordinator

Guys, next time I am gone for about 4 hours, can you spare me the novel when I get back? Sheesh. 5 freaking pages. I'm glad I'm not slow reader.

I am happy to see Lathum turn up Ozwall.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:52 PM   #902
hoopsguy
General Manager

Just be glad you were not gone for four hours during the Necromancer game Although this one is up to a big post count so far ...
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:54 PM   #903
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Just be glad you were not gone for four hours during the Necromancer game Although this one is up to a big post count so far ...

Not my fault
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #904
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Oh I see what you are saying. I was just saying zombie vs umbrella. We obviously know Lathum wasn't a zombie. I was referencing Cronin as the zombie and you on the same side as Lathum (umbrella)

Ok, I can see how you see that. But really, who are you after? Zombies or Umbrella?
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #905
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, they do not count. You still have less than 1K posts.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:58 PM   #906
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouts View Post
Ok, I can see how you see that. But really, who are you after? Zombies or Umbrella?

Primarily Zombies since its our win condition
Secondarily Umbrella since they are out to kill our roles that will help us find zombies.

So hypothetically you are saying if you were Umbrella you would try to convince us that going after you would cause us more problems long run and bring the zombies closer to their winning condition?
Old 10-26-2006, 10:58 PM   #907
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, they do not count. You still have less than 1K posts.

I am going to post 400 baby names in the baby name thread and catch you
Old 10-26-2006, 11:00 PM   #908
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:

good times. good times
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:02 PM   #909
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Umbrella is in a precarious position right now; they need to take STARS down to win, but they also kinda need to thin the ranks of the zombies a bit too so that the zombies don't win first.

(Not that I mind them having a dilemma on their hands. )

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:09 PM   #910
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ahh well bed for me.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:10 PM   #911
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Primarily Zombies since its our win condition
Secondarily Umbrella since they are out to kill our roles that will help us find zombies.

So hypothetically you are saying if you were Umbrella you would try to convince us that going after you would cause us more problems long run and bring the zombies closer to their winning condition?

What I am saying is this: If you say cronin is the zombie in the zombie vs umbrella situation... why in the world would you go after me? You are contradicting yourself, how can you not see it.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:22 PM   #912
Tyrith
College Starter

I think killing down another umbrella or two would be really good for us because we can't let them control the vote, they WILL kill us. Once we have them down to a managable number we can keep any remaining identified ones alive as warm bodies so we don't lose. Until then, slaughter away at the evil corporate empire!
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:32 PM   #913
st.cronin
General Manager

I am afraid I don't entirely understand the Fouts connection, either. I wish I did. I don't know who I will vote for tomorrow.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #914
path12
Coordinator

Just caught up. I actually feel a bit better about Alan than I did -- in my mind I had either Alan or Lathum being bad. Agree that this is great for us, both for ending the nemesis threat and not being a stars.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:39 PM   #915
st.cronin
General Manager

Yeah, I feel better about Alan, too. I don't think this will be much help in us finding a zombie though. Zombies don't know who umbrella is, or vice versa. I'm going to go through the votes tomorrow, though, just to see if there's anything there.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:55 PM   #916
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Yeah, I feel better about Alan, too. I don't think this will be much help in us finding a zombie though. Zombies don't know who umbrella is, or vice versa. I'm going to go through the votes tomorrow, though, just to see if there's anything there.

I think he's STARS but his theories are wacked. I just don't know how to prove him wrong, other than dying at the end of a rope.
Old 10-27-2006, 12:00 AM   #917
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

I'm digging back through today's posts to see if I can improve my trust levels a little bit. I'm leaning a little bit toward Hoops, and to a lesser degree Tyrith and Wednesday. I'm still up for grabs with the other vote getters this afternoon.

Perhaps we can hope for a bit more of an eventful night tonight. I'm again hoping for that glorious clash of night actions to give us something to go on.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:06 AM   #918
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I personally find it scary how often Tyrith and I think alike in WW

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:32 AM   #919
Tyrith
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety View Post
I personally find it scary how often Tyrith and I think alike in WW

This has come to my attention to. We came in around the same time, it's like we're forever linked in WW spirit. Or maybe it's because I read your column independent of all this. Either way, it's still freaky.
Tyrith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:00 AM   #920
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Well, I will probably be heading off to bed soon, and then won't be around again until tomorrow evening (should be before deadline). I still think Alan's theory should be locked at closely, and either st cronin or Fouts considered for the lynch. I would lean st cronin, as I have mentioned, but the theory can be proven one way or the other.

Obviously, this could all change with night actions, but I won't see those until just before the deadline. So I will vote when I return.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:07 AM   #921
saldana
Pro Starter

chubby, do we get to see the "lucky" vote total or just the standard one....i am gonna guess we dont, as that would turn things into a math exercise instead of a logic one.

i would guess that the other umbrella votes were spread out among cronin, brian and sndvls (i am aware this includes me)....i dont have the time right now, but my biggest suspicions would be for whoever started the brian run as the 3rd candidate....it would have been too obvious to pile on cronin to try and save lathum, so i am thinking they started a 3rd candidate to try and spread things out and make it easier to manuever at the end...fortunately they couldnt because the gap widened out too far.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:10 AM   #922
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Day breaks once again and the fine citizens of Raccoon City descend upon the center of town. With the death of an Umbrella scientist the day before, the town hopes that it was a quiet night...

They would be wrong...

After a headcount it is determined that not one but TWO people are missing. The citizens fan out and begin to search the homes for the missing people.

Their first stop is the home of saldana. The door appears to have been smashed in and the house is a mess. The villagers scour the house for any sign of life before finding saladana's lifeless body in the bathroom. It appears that saldana was getting ready to take a shower and was clubbed in the head with his bottle of Herbal Essences before having his brains sucked out through his nose. At least he smells good...

The coroner quickly looks over the body and finds nothing of importance. Saldana's gun and holster sit hanging on a hook next to the sink.

After viewing that gruesome scene the next cry for help comes from the house of Tyrith. Tyrith's mouth and ears were sown shut with his eyeballs removed. His skull was cracked wide open and there appeared to be brains on a plate sitting besides his dead body. The fork and knife on the plate appeared body and used. Coulnd't the zombies have at least put away their dishes after their meal?

Inside Tyrith's house people find a few odd things. A bottle of serum, a lie detector machine, and a bright light. All look like they had been placed where they were very recently. Tyrith's gun was still in it's holster unused, you'd think people would fight back when attacked...

Day Three ends Friday 11pm EST.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:34 AM   #923
hoopsguy
General Manager

Not surprised at all about Tyrith - was just about positive he had interrogated Cronin on Night 1 based on his posts.

The Zombies are not helping our cause much with their STARS only kills.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:36 AM   #924
hoopsguy
General Manager

They only got one kill on the first night, but two last night.

Thoughts - they probably have three members to take this approah. If they had four they would have had two kills last night (barring a bodyguard block). The alternative theory is that they only had two and went solo with their attacks last night after being a little spooked yesterday. But that doesn't make sense in light of us getting an Umbrella yesterday - there is no hot trail leading to them in plain sight.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:45 AM   #925
hoopsguy
General Manager

Both of the newly dead voted for Bullet on Day 1. Tyrith went with Lathum yesterday and Saldana voted for SnDvls.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:59 AM   #926
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They only got one kill on the first night, but two last night.

Thoughts - they probably have three members to take this approah. If they had four they would have had two kills last night (barring a bodyguard block). The alternative theory is that they only had two and went solo with their attacks last night after being a little spooked yesterday. But that doesn't make sense in light of us getting an Umbrella yesterday - there is no hot trail leading to them in plain sight.

I think this still is consistant with the theory of 3 zombies.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #927
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, are you still looking to play Cronin vs Fouts today for the vote? If so then please re-state the case in light of where we stand right now. If not, a simple "no" is fine.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:02 AM   #928
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

FYI, my availability is going to be somewhat limited today, as I'm going to be spending a lot of time in meetings. I'm hoping to be able to check in after lunch, possibly later afternoon, and evening.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:05 AM   #929
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan, are you still looking to play Cronin vs Fouts today for the vote? If so then please re-state the case in light of where we stand right now. If not, a simple "no" is fine.

Give me a few minutes. Re-reading everything from Tyrith real quick
Old 10-27-2006, 07:06 AM   #930
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Not surprised at all about Tyrith - was just about positive he had interrogated Cronin on Night 1 based on his posts.

The Zombies are not helping our cause much with their STARS only kills.

Can you show us how you knew this? I didn't see it.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:12 AM   #931
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, I'll list a few Tyrith posts from yesterday from my notes:

#471 - lynch of Cronin does not excite him
#516 - rather vote for Fouts than Cronin
#556 - doesn't think Cronin is a bad guy, is annoyed that Cronin self-voted
#587 - asks Cronin what he is going to do
#600 - Cronin's reasoning is sound
#602 - really does not want us to kill Cronin

He moved around on several other players, but had a lower level of certainty on them than he did with Cronin. Which made me believe he was exactly the role he had once I started searching yesterday for someone who might have scanned Cronin Night 1. This was the time that I changed my philosophy for yesterday to not vote for Cronin - can pull up those posts as well if you want me to do this.

Anyways, sucks to lose this STARS role but it vaults Cronin to the top of my trusted list for today. There cannot have been a conversion yet (by rule), so I feel very confident in him today.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 AM   #932
Fouts
College Starter

Wow, good catch.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:16 AM   #933
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Bah....how the hell do they get two kills?

I dont know about my availability today, GE And I are househunting for a couple of hours after work, but i'll be in to put a vote in.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:18 AM   #934
Fouts
College Starter

I am still very suspicious of SnDvls. Unless some damning airtight information comes out, this will be my vote.

vote SnDvls
Old 10-27-2006, 07:18 AM   #935
Fouts
College Starter

Crap, I'm such a newb.

vote SnDvls
Old 10-27-2006, 07:19 AM   #936
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok, looked through all of Tyrith's posts. I don't agree with you hoops about Tyrith's opinion of Cronin.

I guess these are the questions I am asking myself:

1) Who did Tyrith view night 1.

2) Can Tyrith's role only say Umbrella vs not Umbrella (Ie: if he gets a zombie will he even know)

3) With tonight being night 3, and the zombies able to start converting, are we wanting to still go after umbrella today, or take a possible chance on a zombie

As for #1, at first I thought you might be right that it was Cronin. I went through all of his posts expecting to see his opinion of Cronin change from day 1 to day 2 indicating additional knowledge of his role. The catch here though is his opinion of Cronin did NOT change. He said the same things day 1 to day 2 about him. The entire time he was consistant about Cronin saying he thought Cronin was pushing ideas and got himself in trouble based on that alone, and just hasnt gotten away from the heat yet. He said the entire time yesterday that his gut feel is Cronin was good but we likely need to kill him at some point. Either Tyrith tried very carefully to mask his opinions so someone that would read day 1 to day 2 for consistancy wouldn't catch on just yet or he chose to view someone other than cronin night 1 with the assumption that Cronin was good.

That took me then to who did I think he viewed.. Im pretty sure he didn't view me, I also think he didn't view Hoops, Fouts or Lathum. So I honestly don't know who he did view. I guess that leads to my second part of the question... would he even know it if he interogated a zombie. Based on his role, it looked like Umbrella only which still wouldnt tell us much about Cronin if my theory about him being a zombie is correct.

I guess then in my mind it leads me to #3 where if we think we feel pretty good that we have an umbrella in our sites (Fouts) do we go after him today to remove the further competition, or do we take a chance with a possible zombie (Cronin) in an effort to hopefully get the infector before night 3?

I personally like the safe play on Fouts, but I'm open to suggestions.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:23 AM   #937
Fouts
College Starter

Alan, I will say this about you - you are consistent. Wrong, but consistent.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:31 AM   #938
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I read Tyrith differently than you did then.

Day 1 - he argued along the lines of "we don't want to kill a player for being vocal" and Cronin was in that mix

Day 2 - he argued "anyone but Cronin", and pretty much everyone was in the mix for his vote instead of Cronin
Old 10-27-2006, 07:33 AM   #939
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
I vote we ban cronin from WW if he's going to be so unsporting about this. It's not like everyone was advocating lynching you for the sake of lynching you do, dude. Grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Honestly, I don't think cronin is a bad guy, I think he's a good guy that made a massive fuck-up yesterday and is unacceptably frustrated because he can't dig himself out of the hole. We can't just narrow beam on him like this, it's not gonna get us anywhere. I'm still advocating lynching him at some point because we're gonna need to look at voting records later, but if we do it now and he comes up good we're resetting the game information wise, just down four good guys.

If you were Tyrith (proven STARS) and you had scanned Cronin the night before and learned he was STARS, then see him self-vote how would you react? Maybe something like this?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:38 AM   #940
hoopsguy
General Manager

Furthermore, if you are Tyrith coming off the Saw game, and had put yourself in a position of doubt after Day 1 while being a good guy, then watched the mob string you up on Day 2, wouldn't you have some sympathy for the guy who is in position to be strung up on Day 2 in this game?

You have the ability to scan him at night and determine what is the right course of action with that vote. If he is a bad guy, nudge them in that direction. Challenge people who defend him, etc. If he is a good guy, do what you can to save him because you still have intense memories of being in that position the game before and not feeling like you had anyone supporting you - other than, perhaps, the guy who is now on the hot seat in Day 2 of this game (Cronin).

Hope I'm remembering the Saw game approrpriately - I'm sure the people who were in it can correct me if I'm less than 100% accurate with the reporting of events.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:40 AM   #941
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
If you were Tyrith (proven STARS) and you had scanned Cronin the night before and learned he was STARS, then see him self-vote how would you react? Maybe something like this?

Tyrith could only see Umbrella/non-Umbrella. Why do you imply that he learned Cronin was STARS?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:40 AM   #942
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I don't think Tyrith was looking for Cronin to be lynched yesterday. But he wasn't on day 1 either.. I think you were missing my point though.. I don't see anything change from Tyrith from day 1 to day 2 which leads me to think that he didn't scan him but more importantly than that, if Cronin is a zombie I doubt Tyrith would have known anyways. His role says he finds Umbrella members. That is a pretty specific role.

Thats what led to my second question.. with it day 3, do we take a chance on someone who seems like a likely zombie with less clues than someone who is likely to be an umbrella just to take a shot at the infector?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 AM   #943
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I dont know, my gut tells me both Fouts and St.Cronin aren't stars and it doesn't matter which way we go today. But I'm curious to what people think about something that Fouts did say last night. Even though I'm sure fouts said it for self-preservation, but part of it actually is true..

If we do kill Fouts, and he -IS- umbrella, it helps us. However we are at night 3 and someone likely will be converted.

If we try for Cronin and he -IS- a zombie, its possibly ~33% that he is the infector and no one will get converted.

The odds to me are better to go after Fouts, but maybe risk/reward is better going for Cronin. Hoops its weird to me that you are just glossing over the whole fact Tyrith was scanning for Umbrella and not zombies. its as if you are trying to push that Cronin is now cleared into everyone's minds for some agenda that you have.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:45 AM   #944
hoopsguy
General Manager

Point taken, Fouts. He learned Cronin was non-Umbrella (not conclusively STARS) so he is playing odds here since Cronin can only belong to one opposing faction and not two.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:47 AM   #945
hoopsguy
General Manager

Consider me corrected on the Tyrith scan issue, as it would only clear Cronin of being an Umbrella.

However, going after him in a lynch means you are taking a lower mathematical play than just about anyone else in the game if you accept that Tyrith scanned him.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #946
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
I dont know, my gut tells me both Fouts and St.Cronin aren't stars and it doesn't matter which way we go today. But I'm curious to what people think about something that Fouts did say last night. Even though I'm sure fouts said it for self-preservation, but part of it actually is true..

If we do kill Fouts, and he -IS- umbrella, it helps us. However we are at night 3 and someone likely will be converted.

If we try for Cronin and he -IS- a zombie, its possibly ~33% that he is the infector and no one will get converted.

The odds to me are better to go after Fouts, but maybe risk/reward is better going for Cronin. Hoops its weird to me that you are just glossing over the whole fact Tyrith was scanning for Umbrella and not zombies. its as if you are trying to push that Cronin is now cleared into everyone's minds for some agenda that you have.

I'm obviously biased about the first part of this post, but I agree about hoops trying to push that cronin is cleared.

Another fishy thing is that cronin threw a fit and saved himself. Lathum threw a fit, didn't save himself, and we all know why now. Do people with important roles get pissy when they are about to die without using them?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:52 AM   #947
Fouts
College Starter

Quote:
Consider me corrected on the Tyrith scan issue, as it would only clear Cronin of being an Umbrella.

However, going after him in a lynch means you are taking a lower mathematical play than just about anyone else in the game if you accept that Tyrith scanned him.

I'm not sure anyone other than you and Tyrith knew Tyrith was the Interrogator.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:54 AM   #948
hoopsguy
General Manager

I think we continue to try and get the best candidate for the day without worrying about Zombie vs Umbrella. I would greatly prefer to get a zombie, but I do not want to reduce our chances of taking out an opposing player just to try and prevent a conversion.

Lets assume there are 3 zombies and 3 Umbrella for now. I think that is the probable lowest their numbers are at this point in the game. There are 14 people left in the game now. On sheer random, a person who is STARS is going to be approaching 50% likelihood of identifying an opposing faction. But if we want to potentially throw away someone who is linked with Lathum, then the percentage drops to the 25% range.

I'll take the 50% today if choosing between these scenarios. And hope that the Infector is blocked, that the zombies take out an Umbrella, or that some other factors come into play with night actions that give us a bigger edge in days to come. But right now I want to reduce the number of opponents we face.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:54 AM   #949
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Thats the catch, I still disagree with you on the scanning thing. I still don't see much changed from day 1 to day 2. Tyrith had the same approach both days with Cronin.

I am thinking right now that its worth the push on Cronin. We've seen alot of votes on Cronin in the first two days, with the votes yesterday obviously being more meaningful than the first day when Cronin's neck was on the line. If we do lynch Cronin today and he turns up a zombie between yesterday and today we have a good footprint of people to go after possibly. We can always come back and deal with Fouts later I think.

Vote St.Cronin
Old 10-27-2006, 07:57 AM   #950
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, I guess I'll look for other people's thoughts on Tyrith's Night 1 selection on who to interrogate - does anyone other than Alan think Cronin was not the choice?

Alan, it doesn't help me to trust you when the scenarios that you concoct keep including the wrong people. Bullet on Day 1 (I followed along), Fouts/Cronin standoff for you on Day 2 (I think Cronin is STARS, think there is a higher mathematical likelihood here than any other player in the game at the moment), and continuing down this path on Day 3.