Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-07-2006, 06:26 PM   #901
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I actually really like the momentum meter. I think it is reasonably well done. Not too drastic, but you can get a real ebb and flow to the game.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 06:47 PM   #902
sabotai
General Manager

I was going to skip NCAA and Madden this year....

Well, that plan is ruined (ordered NCAA today).
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 07:09 PM   #903
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I had lost my NCAA receipt, but since I'm a regular at the store where I bought it, they were kind enough to exchange my copy without it. Whew! I might not play tonight, but I hope that when I play again, my unreadable disc error is gone.
Old 08-08-2006, 02:13 PM   #904
sooner333
College Starter

So, what's the secret to defending the pass...it seems like there are too many holes in the zones and unless I get immediate pressure there's always a guy open and when I play against someone I get thrashed. (I feel like that guy referenced earlier who could score at will with Ohio State but gets beat by Cincy...except the score at will part).
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:11 PM   #905
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333
So, what's the secret to defending the pass...it seems like there are too many holes in the zones and unless I get immediate pressure there's always a guy open and when I play against someone I get thrashed. (I feel like that guy referenced earlier who could score at will with Ohio State but gets beat by Cincy...except the score at will part).

I think mixing up coverages are key, and making sure that you use a predominance of whatever your guys are good at. For most teams, they are better at zone coverage than M2M. However, despite this, Heisman level is picking apart my very good defense for about 250 yards per game (on 10 minute quarters.)
Old 08-08-2006, 05:43 PM   #906
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
I was going to skip NCAA and Madden this year....

Well, that plan is ruined (ordered NCAA today).

I originally was going to do the same thing. I have not enjoyed either game at all the last couple years. However, I am glad I broke down and bought NCAA. I'm having a great time with it so far. I am generally as big a critic of EA as you could find, but they've done a good job with the college game this year. If Madden is the same, that will be a must-buy purchase for me.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 05:46 PM   #907
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Almost every preview I've seen for Madden on the 360 says that it is like a tightened up version of NCAA with the most prominent thing being noticed is better pass defense for both sides. Therefore, I've preordered Madden on the 360.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:35 PM   #908
Groundhog
Coordinator

Anyone tried just watching the games in NCAA 2007? Are you still able to do this? If this game ever gets released in Australia (which I assume it won't... why can't they just release this damn game for PC?) this would be the mode I'd be most interested in playing my franchise with, so I'm hoping it works as it does in Madden.
Old 08-10-2006, 02:53 PM   #909
rexallllsc
Banned

So, there's stuff in the xBox Live Marketplace. Like something called a theme and gamerpics. And with the theme you get like a "fully rendered stadium" or something (I thought the game already had this?)? Huh?

Can anyone explain this to me?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:19 PM   #910
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I have the PS2 version.

The game has been a huge improvement just in general for me as a player compared to last year. I don't know why. But for some reason, I started to have real problems winning at all for a good part of the last few months I had the game.

But for some reason with 2K7, I am able to execute my gameplans a lot better and seems a lot better suited to the way I play the game.

I haven't played it a ton, but I've enjoyed it thus far.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:34 PM   #911
sabotai
General Manager

Dear EA,

Your camera angle SUCKS!

Sinsurely, sabotai

(it's going to take some getting used to. I kept getting sacked because I can't judge the distance well from this angle....and because they can apparently use a force push ability from 2-3 yards away to knock you down)

Last edited by sabotai : 08-10-2006 at 05:42 PM.
Old 08-10-2006, 04:41 PM   #912
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
and because they can apparently use a force push ability from 2-3 years away to knock you down)

Whoa... They can knock you down .... FROM THE FUTURE? And they say that EA doesn't innovate!

I am ashamed to announce that I lost with IU to Ball State last night by a score like 63 to 28. Four interceptions and 2 fumbles did me in bigtime. But I found out my third-string QB can scramble like a madman.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 04:52 PM   #913
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Four interceptions

INTs are killing me as well, but it is my lack of discipline that is doing me in.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 05:01 PM   #914
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Yeah, the camera angle bothers me too. Even zoomed out, I cannot see my wideouts. Pain in the butt when picking who to put in motion and judging if the quick pass will work or not.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 06:10 PM   #915
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexallllsc
So, there's stuff in the xBox Live Marketplace. Like something called a theme and gamerpics. And with the theme you get like a "fully rendered stadium" or something (I thought the game already had this?)? Huh?

Can anyone explain this to me?

Themes are just background pictures and color layouts for your XBox dashboard(Or whatever the thing is called)
Old 08-10-2006, 07:05 PM   #916
BigDPW
College Prospect

Anyone interested in playing online tonight (XBOX only)... i have not 360...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 09:15 PM   #917
rexallllsc
Banned

Played my first LIVE game tonite. Devolved into a series of money plays rather quickly. haha
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 11:47 PM   #918
sabotai
General Manager

What's the point of having challenges if it doesn't work. I challenged a catch by the AI team, he wasn't even close to having a foot inbounds but they called it a catch. I challenge it, shows it twice, the announcers say the play is overturned and that he is clearly out of bounds.....but then the play stands.

I also had a funny commentary moment. They were on their own 3 yard line, get called for false start and the announcers say that I was awarded a safety for it. But I wasn't, of course, but as they line up at the almost 2 yardline, they're still going on and on about the safety I just got.

Anyone else get the feeling that the 360 version just isn't finished? I mean, the EA games always have a few quirks, but I've only played 3 games with NCAA, and I know this is an overused cliche, but I honestly feel like I'm playing a beta version. Just feels so unpolished and rushed. (I can't count how many times I rushed the ball, and my fullback just stood there and did nothing but get in my way)

EDIT: Maybe the beta thing is a bit too far, but I have seen more quirks and oddities in 3 games with this version than I did in a few seasons of 2006. I'll probably end up trading it in when Madden comes out. Until then I'll give it a few more tries.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-11-2006 at 12:01 AM.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:21 AM   #919
Kodos
Resident Alien

I redeemed myself somewhat with a 42-14 victory over Duke to bring the Hoosiers to 2-1. I kept making sure to run a lot to open up the pass. I think in the Ball State debacle, I abandoned the run and that was the beginning of my downward spiral.

Speaking of glitches--Anybody notice that the stadium announcer often gets the names of the tackler and the tackled reversed?
Old 08-11-2006, 01:03 PM   #920
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos
Speaking of glitches--Anybody notice that the stadium announcer often gets the names of the tackler and the tackled reversed?

I noticed that a few times.

Another oddity in the game I just played. I was the DE running right at the QB, their guard turns and blocks me just as I get to the QB (as he was just starting to throw), and my DE literally goes through their QB as he was throwing. With a big DE molecularly joining with his body, their QB threw a 20 yard strike. Now that's impressive.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:43 PM   #921
Kodos
Resident Alien

Shoulda taken a snapshot of that.
Old 08-11-2006, 01:51 PM   #922
sabotai
General Manager

I did.

I guess I have to figure out how to get it onto my computer and post it now.

Last edited by sabotai : 08-11-2006 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-11-2006, 11:07 PM   #923
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

The game is beautiful, unfortunetly the gameplay just isn't doing it for me after several more games and well, Oblivion is getting major game time now (might be the most complete console game I've ever played). Sometimes when trying to control my players, they turn in odd directions and frustrate the hell out of me. Gamestop is offering like a $45 trade in for Madden - which I think will be a lot more polished, plus BBCF is really filling my college football needs... so back to the store NCAA is going next week.

Don't get me wrong, I've had fun playing it, but it's digging into my Oblivion time and Madden and NHL is just around the corner, plus the BBCF update.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #924
watravaler
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64
I must be playing a different game then all of you. I have NCAA on the 360 and agreed the graphics are nice, the animations are nice. The running game is pretty sweet.

BUT, the defensive AI in this game is terrible. I'm assuming most of you haven't played against one of the nations top teams that have a scrambling QB. Ohio State is pretty much unstoppable on offense.

Their QB can scramble around at will and if they play fake every play, there is pretty much nothing you can do about it. DB's are terrible at coverage and and their is always a receiver wide open, since you can't get to the QB.

Players are terrible in a zone and blow all kinds of coverages.

OK ST. is another team that you can score at will on offense with. Mobile QB's are the bane of this game. Play action is way to effective.

I use Penn ST. mostly that has arguably the best LB's in football and they bite on the play fake pretty much every time.

On defense you don't have audibles availble you need to adjust coverages correctly.

Great step in the graphics overhaul, nice step forward in the experience but overall the game is pretty week.

I second this. The 360 version is a rental. It seems as though the makers of the game decided to create a few cool animations and use them for way too many situations. For example, a QB sneak, nobody touches my guy, I bump an o-lineman, enter crappy EA pre-determined animation, my QB turns around, runs backwards for a good three yards, and is then sacked by some DE. Sigh, wait till next year, again...
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:33 AM   #925
Grammaticus
Pro Rookie

Well, I’m sending my 360 back for repairs. The NCAA game has started giving me the dirty disc error again (I changed the disc out with a new copy). It also locks up with other games at times. One thing that is consistent is a metallic crinkling sound happens just before it locks up. That certainly does not sound normal.

One thing I learned on the tech call, the Microsoft warranty lasts for 6 months from purchase and 90 days from any repair. Anytime your system is under warranty, you can purchase an extended one year or two year warranty. It is $30 for the one year and $60 for the two year. I will be purchasing the 2 year when I get my system back from the repair shop.
Grammaticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #926
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Amen! I bought the two year from Gamestop.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2006, 02:04 AM   #927
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Bill Abner doesn't care much for NCAA 2007 on the xbox 360. He likes it more on the xbox console.

Quote:
Final NCAA Thoughts

As Madden 07 looms overhead, I keep thinking one constant thought: Please let the 360 version be better than NCAA.

Now, I don't mean to say that I think NCAA 07 on the 360 is a bad game. I don't think that. I think it's an overrated game. Big difference. I think it's a great two-palyer game. The tourney we are running is great fun and NCAA 07 (360) in hot seat Dynasty mode is also a lot of fun as I am currently in a Pittsburgh Dynasty with my buddy who is using Syracuse, and we're having a blast.

It's the solo game that I find lacking. I mentioned a while ago (August 4th actually) that I thought the Xbox version was better than ther 360 version. I had given the Xbox game a B+ on GameShark and found it to be the best version since 2004. When I posted that I thought the Xbox was better it was based more on a 360 first impression rather than a fully played out opinion. Well, I have played the 360 version a hell of a lot in the past 11 days wrapping up an OSU Dynasty -- and I still think that the Xbox version is the better game and it's really not all that close.

And that upsets me.

I want the 360 version to blow the doors off the Xbox. Shouldn't that be the way its supposed to be? Game on new system that costs more = better game than old ugly cheaper version. I just don't see it.

A few examples of what I am talking about. The secondary AI on the 360 is broken. Just plain broken. The players run into each other like in a Keystone Cops movie. They stand in place and spin around like they are in an NFL 2K3 flashback episode. They watch in apparant horror as a ball travels right at them, totally dumfounded as to what to do...so they do nothing. Yet they can leap tall buildings in a single bound ala Madden 2003. Rare is an incomplete pass caused by a simple bad throw.

You know, QB stands in pocket, tries to force the ball into coverage and throws it too high for anyone to get near. That is a very rare thing on the 360 version. It's either caught, dropped, or swatted away by a DB like an annoying fly. The Xbox version isn't like this at all. In fact the DBs don't go for the magic swat hardly at all. Yet with slider adjustments you can make the QBs less accurate -- something that you cannot do with the 360 version because the sliders are nowhere NEAR as good in the new game. They kinda suck, actually.

On the XBox if you alter that QB slider you can see a noticeable difference. Lower it on the 360 and all you do is lower QB power, which defeats the purpose completely. As a result in order for the QBs to throw incompletions you NEED to have the super flying DBs otherwise you'd throw for 600 yards a game. The WR Catch slider is also a joke on the 360. I play on Heisman level and have my catch at 5/100 and the CPU at 0/100. I see no difference in drops at all. In fact the CPU torches me at 35 ACC and 0 Catching. Try that on the Xbox and the WRs won't be able to hang onto anything if they get hit.

This is another huge plus to the Xbox -- a jarring hit forces more "drops" that a guy just flat out goobering up a pass. Lowering that WR Catch slider makes it very hard to catch balls in traffic. On the 360? Not so much.

The high rate of CPU INTs has been hashed over several times but the problem here is in the broken Momentum system. Example: Minnesota @ OSU. Minnesota tries a FG in a scoreless game in the 1st Quarter -- I block it and run it back to the 40. Minny gets 2 momemtum bars. Why? Same possession -- I march down and score and then get full Mo. Just like clockwork, Minny throws an INT on its next drive. You could see that coming all the way from Minneapolis.
This is a classic EA Sports example of a fair idea implemented so incredibly bad that I just wish I could turn the damn thing off all together. Discipline (Xbox) and the 360 version of Momentum need to be options that we can say "hell no" to with the press o fa button.

It's not that the Xbox is a perfect game -- all games have issues, but the XBox version is so much more refined and just flat out better from its feature set and AI to its core gameplay.But it's fugly.

Part of the problem might be that the 360 looks too good. When you have something that looks like a million bucks you expect it to play just as good as it appears. That isn't the case, though. Maybe it's an unfair expectation, I dunno.

I think from here on out I'll be playing the 360 edition online and in my Hot Seat Dynasty with Dave. For the solo game..I think I'm going to stomach the retro look and play it on the old system. It's a reason to keep the Xbox in the rotation.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 12:30 PM   #928
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I know I am bumping this from the grave, but I just got NCAA 07 and I am trying to get the 07 rosters and can not figure out how. I have he transfer kit and memory card, I just need the roster file to download.
Old 09-24-2006, 12:52 PM   #929
duckman
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenEagle View Post
I know I am bumping this from the grave, but I just got NCAA 07 and I am trying to get the 07 rosters and can not figure out how. I have he transfer kit and memory card, I just need the roster file to download.

You can go to www.operationsports.com or www.ncaastrategies.com and find the roster files in the forums.
“One of the consequences of such notions as "entitlements" is that people who have contributed nothing to society feel that society owes them something, apparently just for being nice enough to grace us with their presence.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis de Tocqueville
“Democracy and socialism have nothing in common but one word, equality. But notice the difference: while democracy seeks equality in liberty, socialism seeks equality in restraint and servitude.”
duckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:02 PM   #930
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Or you can go to Fairdale King's site which is FKrosters dot com, I believe.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:05 PM   #931
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I was at his site and could not find any links.

(It is one of the worse websites that I have ever come across).
Old 09-24-2006, 01:09 PM   #932
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, I hadn't been to the site for a while. I agree it is poorly laid out. If you hit the forum button on his page, it goes to a forum where it is much easier to find the roster file that you want.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:17 PM   #933
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I found the rosters. Is this the best place to get College Hoops 2k6 rosters as well? The link to those in his fourm appeared to be broken.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:30 PM   #934
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I found the rosters. Is this the best place to get College Hoops 2k6 rosters as well? The link to those in his fourm appeared to be broken.

I got those from somewhere on Operation Sports. I've only ever used his site for NCAA Rosters.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-24-2006 at 01:31 PM.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:32 PM   #935
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Let me make sure I get the steps to this right.

1. Get rosters from 360 and put them on a memory card.
2. Take memory card to PC and trasfer it to the hard drive.
3. Replace NCAA rosters with the FKRoster set and transfer back to the memory card.
4. Put memory card in the 360 and enjoy real rosters.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:38 PM   #936
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Eliminate step 1.

Just download rosters to your Computer.

Use Datel Transfer kit to move files from your computer to the memory card.

After inserting memory card into the 360, I think you might have to use the 360 console to transfer the file from your memory card to the harddrive of the 360. I'm not sure if I had to do that, or I just chose to do that.

Enjoy real rosters.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:45 PM   #937
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

I think the issue I am having is that if there is nothing on the memory card, XChange360 will not back it up.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:48 PM   #938
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
I think the issue I am having is that if there is nothing on the memory card, XChange360 will not back it up.
I didn't have to back anything up to get xchange to work. In fact, I bought the memory card the same day I bought NCAA so I can use the real rosters.

Eaglesfan, did you notice having a problem getting achievements because you're using created rosters. I haven't gotten a lot of my achievements that I should have, and I'm wondering if it's because of using fairdales rosters.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 01:51 PM   #939
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
I didn't have to back anything up to get xchange to work. In fact, I bought the memory card the same day I bought NCAA so I can use the real rosters.

Eaglesfan, did you notice having a problem getting achievements because you're using created rosters. I haven't gotten a lot of my achievements that I should have, and I'm wondering if it's because of using fairdales rosters.

I haven't noticed, but I usually don't pay too much attention to the achievements in games.

I'll take a look at it the next time I play NCAA.
Old 09-24-2006, 01:52 PM   #940
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I didn't have that issue either. However, I do think I had to restart my computer with the Xchange plugged in after I did the installation to get my computer to fully recognize it.
Old 09-24-2006, 03:48 PM   #941
Raiders Army
Coordinator

What I did was save the image of my memory card to the hard drive, replace that image with the FK rosters image and then save it back to the memory card. Plug in memory card, bam.

I have not had a problem with getting achievements with FK's rosters. That being said, I don't really care about them.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 03:52 PM   #942
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
What I did was save the image of my memory card to the hard drive, replace that image with the FK rosters image and then save it back to the memory card. Plug in memory card, bam.

I have not had a problem with getting achievements with FK's rosters. That being said, I don't really care about them.
Oh, I get some achievements, but ones like 350 yards passing, 4 TD passes, 200 yards rushing. Things like that won't give me the achievement, even though I did them.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:35 PM   #943
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack View Post
Oh, I get some achievements, but ones like 350 yards passing, 4 TD passes, 200 yards rushing. Things like that won't give me the achievement, even though I did them.
I think you need to do these with 5-minute quarters in order for them to count.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:51 AM   #944
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Err, never thought of that. Thanks.
Old 10-02-2006, 01:45 PM   #945
Galaxy
Coordinator

I got the game on X-Box. A few questions:

1)I had a playbook that other day that had some unique formations (3 OL, 6 receiver set), a good amount of trick plays and a lot of 3 or more receiver formations. Any idea of what team it is?

2) When should you use the slide spread, left/right, and pinch OL sets? What is the normal setting?

3) On defense, what are the man upand shade (left and right)? Do the players move when you make these calls?

4) When you allocate "rest" when a timeout is used, what does a green bar mean? The more green, the more rest? What if it's red or black?

5) When importing players to Madden, are ratings effected on season play in NCAA? Or they rated higher (I know players can improve or decrease ratings during the season, does this stick if they graduate or return with a higher rating)?

6) When you have a +4 Momentum, does this improve everyone's ratings by 4 Pts? How does it work.

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-02-2006 at 02:01 PM.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2006, 01:53 PM   #946
Galaxy
Coordinator

Also,

Any tips to read the D? How important are the "matchups" (when yook at the ratings)?

Can you move conferences?

How good is the "Ask Corso" feature?

Any chance to turn off the excessive celebrations? The penalties are stupid.

Also, can you change the camera view on kick/punt returns to the normal view instead of the 3rd person?

Last edited by Galaxy : 10-02-2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2006, 02:36 PM   #947
grisha
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I got the game on X-Box. A few questions:

1)I had a playbook that other day that had some unique formations (3 OL, 6 receiver set), a good amount of trick plays and a lot of 3 or more receiver formations. Any idea of what team it is?

2) When should you use the slide spread, left/right, and pinch OL sets? What is the normal setting?

3) On defense, what are the man upand shade (left and right)? Do the players move when you make these calls?

4) When you allocate "rest" when a timeout is used, what does a green bar mean? The more green, the more rest? What if it's red or black?

5) When importing players to Madden, are ratings effected on season play in NCAA? Or they rated higher (I know players can improve or decrease ratings during the season, does this stick if they graduate or return with a higher rating)?

6) When you have a +4 Momentum, does this improve everyone's ratings by 4 Pts? How does it work.

1. That is the South Carolina book. It's the Emory and Henry formation.
2. Only use Oline adjustments to counter Dline adjustments. It's not made to protect against the blitz. (as many people think it is)
3. Man-up forces your dbacks to line up over the guy they are covering. (this isn't needed unless you turned off the auto line-up option) Shade coverage just makes the defenders play a little to the left or right during the play. The players don't move for shade coverage before the snap.
4. I'm pretty sure the green bars are for composure. Green is good, red is terrible, black is average. Useful for young players mostly. Bad composure will lead to a lot of bad play.
5. Madden imports are based of ratings, not stats. In-season increases are permanant, and usually only a point or two. (not the in-game ones, though)
6. The +4 bonus is not a straight +4 points to every player. It's +4 on the sliding momentum meter. Generally, the higher the number, the more bonus you get. However, you can still have guys go in the crapper when your team has high bonus. (i had a TE that was -23 when I had +5 momentum)
Old 10-02-2006, 02:43 PM   #948
grisha
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Also,

Any tips to read the D? How important are the "matchups" (when yook at the ratings)?

Can you move conferences?

How good is the "Ask Corso" feature?

Any chance to turn off the excessive celebrations? The penalties are stupid.

Also, can you change the camera view on kick/punt returns to the normal view instead of the 3rd person?

Reading the D (short version): The most important things to look at are the safeties and the LBs at the snap.

- If the safeties split at the snap, it's some sort of cover-2. The deep middle is usually open. If the safeties both slide one direction, it's usually a cover-3. If one moves up, it's either a robber or he's in man.

-If all the LBs drop back at the snap, it's a zone coverage. If they turn and run somewhere, it's probably man coverage. If one or more LBs seem to stop in the middle of the field, right past the LOS, that guy probably has a QB spy on.

With this knowledge, you can pretty much know who is going to be open on any play.

Matchups are very important for the passing game. A good WR can eat a lesser CB up, even if he's covered. A good S will cover a lot of space. Not as important for the other positions.

You can move conferences.

Ask Corso is terrible.

Just hit the A button when your guy is celebrating to stop before the penalty.

You can't turn off the 3rd person camera, but if you press start after your guy catches the ball on the kickoff, and then exit the menu, you will have the old kick return camera. I haven't tried it with the punt return yet. (I like that camera)
Old 10-02-2006, 03:35 PM   #949
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grisha View Post
1. That is the South Carolina book. It's the Emory and Henry formation.
2. Only use Oline adjustments to counter Dline adjustments. It's not made to protect against the blitz. (as many people think it is)
3. Man-up forces your dbacks to line up over the guy they are covering. (this isn't needed unless you turned off the auto line-up option) Shade coverage just makes the defenders play a little to the left or right during the play. The players don't move for shade coverage before the snap.
4. I'm pretty sure the green bars are for composure. Green is good, red is terrible, black is average. Useful for young players mostly. Bad composure will lead to a lot of bad play.
5. Madden imports are based of ratings, not stats. In-season increases are permanant, and usually only a point or two. (not the in-game ones, though)
6. The +4 bonus is not a straight +4 points to every player. It's +4 on the sliding momentum meter. Generally, the higher the number, the more bonus you get. However, you can still have guys go in the crapper when your team has high bonus. (i had a TE that was -23 when I had +5 momentum)

Wow. Thanks.
Are the changes in the ratings based on the end of season (after bowl season) that are locked in? How does the Spring Game play a role in ratings? I noticed only certain ratings may changd (a player may gain +1 in Awareness). Is it certain stats that play a role in what is changed?

How would you use the OLine slide adjustments?

So are the bonus points just effect certain players than?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:44 PM   #950
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Back to this for a second. I understand them restricting you from getting some achievements for playing more than 5 minutes a quarter because people can play 15 minute quarters to rack up the achievements, and I play 7 minutes quarter. Well, I just dominated the Nittany Lions, held them to a SO, which I got the achievement for. However, I held them to 83 yards total offense, and didn't get the 2 achievements for it. You would figure that they would allow it, especially on longer than 5 minute quarters.