Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2007, 11:32 AM   #901
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
I think I have a fairly strong theory and haven't seen any evidence that directly contradicts it. All you've managed to come up with is "this game isn't that simple" which is about as uncompelling of an argument as you can get.

You have a theory. You have NO evidence. Fact is, there is no evidence in this game...so you can cook up whatever theory you want.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:33 AM   #902
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
No, and if you'd been paying any attention at all to the game you'd know that 10 pages ago.
Easy render. Seriously.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:34 AM   #903
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
You have a theory. You have NO evidence. Fact is, there is no evidence in this game...so you can cook up whatever theory you want.

Her theory is pretty sound based on the posts in the game thus far.

What have you offered?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #904
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I think I have a fairly strong theory and haven't seen any evidence that directly contradicts it. All you've managed to come up with is "this game isn't that simple" which is about as uncompelling of an argument as you can get.
My argument makes a ton of sense to me and will to you when yours is proven wrong.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:35 AM   #905
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Easy render. Seriously.

When you stop posting as if someone was slapping you in the face, I might. Your tone all day has been rude AE. Try easing up yourself. You don't have to be an ass to make a point.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:37 AM   #906
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Her theory is pretty sound based on the posts in the game thus far.

What have you offered?

Quote:
When you stop posting as if someone was slapping you in the face, I might. Your tone all day has been rude AE. Try easing up yourself. You don't have to be an ass to make a point.

You're trying to make something out of nothing. I'm not angry. I'm disappointed everyone is wrong here, but so be it. But don't harp on me for not being INTO the game.

You missed a vote as well.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #907
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I guess we should start awarding points for making wrong, yet compelling arguments, especially when there's no proof in the pudding.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:42 AM   #908
st.cronin
General Manager

Ardent, I asked before, but can you give me an alternate candidate, other than you and Swaggs?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #909
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Ardent, I asked before, but can you give me an alternate candidate, other than you and Swaggs?
You did and I apologize for not answering before. Truth is, I don't. I have no clue what's going on in this game.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #910
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

okay, sorry I just woke up and have to go to class from 1-6 and then a baseball game after that, so I am going to have to vote here. I am going to be honest, I dont think AE is a wolf. The ONLY reason I dont think he is a wolf is that his pm he got from Tanglewood and decided to copy onto the thread looked exactly like mine. I hate to not vote AE because of something he did that was illegal in the game, but I do think he is being voted unfairly here. And there is too much of a bandwagon too early in the game, which means the wolves are just jumping on hoping to hide.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:45 AM   #911
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

I was not scanned, and have had no pms from tanglewood other than my initial role given pm. I do think that we can build a cot around Cronin and Telle because Cronin came right out and told his dream and Telle was just too damned excited to not be believed. So I am going to vote for somebody who has been way to under the radar for his usual self and vote

vote lathum
Old 07-19-2007, 11:46 AM   #912
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

now I am off for the rest of the day, and dont everybody get pissy that i voted and ran but this is the one day that I am busy...I should be on around 10 central to check everything out.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #913
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll agree with you on the telle part, LSG.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #914
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
The blade runners have the ability to kill replicants, not the same night they discover them, but there is no reason they would get "outed" at all. They do not have to let their scan results be known for any reason as they are their own means to eliminating the replicants.

Do we know this for sure? Did I miss something?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:47 AM   #915
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
You're trying to make something out of nothing. I'm not angry. I'm disappointed everyone is wrong here, but so be it. But don't harp on me for not being INTO the game.

You missed a vote as well.

Yes, I did, but I also haven't been carrying on about how much I'd rather be elsewhere playing a game. You have. Thats all I was pointing out. You're not adding to the game thus far because you'd rather be playing basketball.

I've found your posting today to be argumentative for no good reason, nearly insulting, again for no good reason and rude across the board in the tone that comes across from them. maybe I'm reading your posts all wrong, I don't know. If so, I apologize.

I'd simply ask that if you are going to try arguing someone's theories that you try making sure your posts don't sound snippish. Is that too much to ask? The whole reason I'm seriously miffed right now is the way you come across in these posts today. its rediculous. but again, maybe I'm just overreacting to nothing.

I've voted. I'm done for now. I'll catch up again after 5pm when I'm at work.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #916
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
I guess we should start awarding points for making wrong, yet compelling arguments, especially when there's no proof in the pudding.

It's not just my theory. Swaggs came up with the original theory regarding you and KWhit. Then I came up with a theory that St. Cronin must be a replicant because of our different info regarding being scanned.. and upon further investigation realized that my theory aligned perfectly with his theory to become a larger theory.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #917
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Do we know this for sure? Did I miss something?

They have the two abilities, I posted that I BELIEVE they can only do 1 or the other on any given night based on the reading I've done in other WW games. I've not seen a role in my reading that suggests they can do more than 1 thing a night with perhaps the exception of the monstrous hatfield/McCoy thing which i've yet to finish.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:51 AM   #918
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Yes, I did, but I also haven't been carrying on about how much I'd rather be elsewhere playing a game. You have. Thats all I was pointing out. You're not adding to the game thus far because you'd rather be playing basketball.

I've found your posting today to be argumentative for no good reason, nearly insulting, again for no good reason and rude across the board in the tone that comes across from them. maybe I'm reading your posts all wrong, I don't know. If so, I apologize.

I'd simply ask that if you are going to try arguing someone's theories that you try making sure your posts don't sound snippish. Is that too much to ask? The whole reason I'm seriously miffed right now is the way you come across in these posts today. its rediculous. but again, maybe I'm just overreacting to nothing.

I've voted. I'm done for now. I'll catch up again after 5pm when I'm at work.

I guess I should apologize for being incredibly excited for playing a brand new game. You should note that I have posted, and posted often today, trying to add to the game.

I will note that you are "done for now".
Old 07-19-2007, 11:52 AM   #919
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
It's not just my theory. Swaggs came up with the original theory regarding you and KWhit. Then I came up with a theory that St. Cronin must be a replicant because of our different info regarding being scanned.. and upon further investigation realized that my theory aligned perfectly with his theory to become a larger theory.

I didn't say it was. If I did, then I apologize. I should be awarding a lot more points.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #920
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneStarGirl View Post
okay, sorry I just woke up and have to go to class from 1-6 and then a baseball game after that, so I am going to have to vote here. I am going to be honest, I dont think AE is a wolf. The ONLY reason I dont think he is a wolf is that his pm he got from Tanglewood and decided to copy onto the thread looked exactly like mine. I hate to not vote AE because of something he did that was illegal in the game, but I do think he is being voted unfairly here. And there is too much of a bandwagon too early in the game, which means the wolves are just jumping on hoping to hide.

What? In post 166 you said you dreamed you got a bike. Ardent was almost lynched last night primarily due to him and Swaggs having the same dream.. why didn't you choose to speak up then? And why did you lie about your dream to begin with?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:56 AM   #921
st.cronin
General Manager

Telle, I assume LSG is referring to the form of the pm, not the content.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 12:00 PM   #922
Barkeep49
Coordinator

AE and Render I think you've each expressed your points there. Move on.

~BK, YFWWM

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-19-2007 at 12:01 PM.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:01 PM   #923
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
AE and Render I think you've each expressed your points there. Move on.

~BK, YFWWM

Hey, no editing posts!

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 12:02 PM   #924
Barkeep49
Coordinator

There's no reason to believe that the replicants didn't also get PMs. So what if it's the same form, it would be.

I have to admit I'm kind of disappointed with LSG's vote on Lathum, someone who is completely outside of the discussion we're having today. A complete throwaway vote.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #925
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Hey, no editing posts!
The power of the mod at work!
Old 07-19-2007, 12:15 PM   #926
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Anyone have a vote count for today?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:16 PM   #927
Poli
FOFC Survivor

18 or so me, 1 swaggs, 1 lathum as far as I can tell
Old 07-19-2007, 12:19 PM   #928
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
Anyone have a vote count for today?
I'll go compile one.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:27 PM   #929
st.cronin
General Manager

I may have missed one:

4 - ardent enthusiast - st.cronin (813), Swaggs (814), RendeR (882), twothree (885)
1 - Swaggs - ardent enthusiast (816)
1 - Lathum - LoneStarGirl (911)
1 - st.cronin - Telle (745)

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #930
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Here's a more up to date one than cronin's:

Ardent – Barkeep(734), cronin(813), swags(814), telle(841), render(882), twothree(885)
Swaggs – AE(816)
Lathum – LSG(911)

Not voted: Alan T, Jonathan Ezarik, Chief Rum, Lathum, path12, ntndeacon
Old 07-19-2007, 12:42 PM   #931
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I'm waiting on voting for a bit. I've been waiting to see if anyone else comes in with information about being scanned. That would be pretty useful information for us.

Without that, I think its best to let Cronin/Telle sort themselves out in a day or two as more people come out with info on what they got from being scanned. That leaves Swaggs/Ardent to be dealt with still. I honestly think I would rather vote Swaggs today though and then Ardent tommorrow as I still feel there is more there helping me feel Ardent's innocence than Swaggs right now. The only negative for Ardent compared to Swaggs has been his getting along with others on the playground.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:43 PM   #932
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I've not seen a role in my reading that suggests they can do more than 1 thing a night with perhaps the exception of the monstrous hatfield/McCoy thing which i've yet to finish.

Heh. That's my game. One of these days we'll get enough people to play it. I'm trying it again when my name comes up on the list.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:44 PM   #933
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Heh. That's my game. One of these days we'll get enough people to play it. I'm trying it again when my name comes up on the list.
?
Old 07-19-2007, 12:47 PM   #934
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
I'm waiting on voting for a bit. I've been waiting to see if anyone else comes in with information about being scanned. That would be pretty useful information for us.

Nobody is talking about being scanned last night, correct? Might be that the blade runners can only scan every other night or some other sort of restriction.

I don't see what anyone would have to gain by not saying they've been scanned. Unless they're a replicant of course.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:48 PM   #935
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
?

That was the game I had open for signups when we hit the hiatus. Needs at least 17. Never got close.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:50 PM   #936
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm still intrigued by it.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:51 PM   #937
st.cronin
General Manager

So, let me sum up what I believe:

I believe Holden and Deckard are still in the game. I know who Holden is, and I have a list in my head of three or four players who deckard might be.

I believe one of ardent enthusiast or Swaggs is dangerous to the village - whether as an actual replicant, or a convert. I don't believe either one is Deckard, although one might be the bodyguard.

Since only two people have come forward and said they were scanned, I believe Deckard and Holden can each scan every other night. My guess is that if Deckard finds a replicant, he kills it. If Holden finds a replicant, perhaps the replicant kills him? It might also depend on which replicant they find, what happens.

Swaggs may have been correct in saying that KWhit was killed because the replicants thought he was Deckard. But, you know, that does tend to paint Swaggs in a bad light. He could be playing the helpful villager role, trying to look like he's thinking along with the village. Twothree also voted for KWhit, on both days iirc, and never really explained his vote.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 12:57 PM   #938
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So, let me sum up what I believe:

I believe Holden and Deckard are still in the game. I know who Holden is, and I have a list in my head of three or four players who deckard might be.

I believe one of ardent enthusiast or Swaggs is dangerous to the village - whether as an actual replicant, or a convert. I don't believe either one is Deckard, although one might be the bodyguard.

Since only two people have come forward and said they were scanned, I believe Deckard and Holden can each scan every other night. My guess is that if Deckard finds a replicant, he kills it. If Holden finds a replicant, perhaps the replicant kills him? It might also depend on which replicant they find, what happens.

Swaggs may have been correct in saying that KWhit was killed because the replicants thought he was Deckard. But, you know, that does tend to paint Swaggs in a bad light. He could be playing the helpful villager role, trying to look like he's thinking along with the village. Twothree also voted for KWhit, on both days iirc, and never really explained his vote.

I dont see the purpose in Holden's role if he dies right when he finds a replicant other than giving us a list of people who aren't bad. I find it more likely that he just can't take action on a bad guy while Deckard can some how.
Old 07-19-2007, 12:58 PM   #939
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

VOTE SWAGGS

Again, this is more of a vote in favor of AE, but there are some things about Swaggs that are rubbing me the wrong way.

1) He's been pushing hard for AE to get lynched for the past couple of days now. This is somewhat understandable since we all seem to think that one of the two is a replicant and he's doing his best to try to convince us that AE is the baddy. But in pushing for AE's exile, we won't learn if he really is a replicant or if he's a human. I've said this before, but why not let the Blade Runners do their job?

2) He wasn't surprised by KWhit's death and was real quick to tie it to AE. Like he expected it. And I don't buy for one second that KWhit was a Blade Runner.

3) Despite presenting the case against AE, he was the third vote for him today. If he's so sure of AE's guilt, why not vote for him right off the bat? Why wait for others to vote first and then follow?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 01:02 PM   #940
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I heart JE.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:03 PM   #941
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Vote Swaggs

I'll go that direction as well. I still say if we lynch Swaggs, we should take out AE tommorrow (barring some reveal). I think Swaggs has talked a great game, but most of his thoughts or ideas about AE can just as easily be applied to him, and in most cases AE has done his reveals before Swaggs did. I'll be fine in getting rid of both Swaggs and AE, but just feel its better to start with Swaggs.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:04 PM   #942
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I heart Alan as well now. That just feels dirty after our past.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #943
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I heart Alan as well now. That just feels dirty after our past.

Its ok, you won't like me as much tommorrow if I come for you after Swaggs death
Old 07-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #944
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll vote for myself if swaggs is a human.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #945
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Wait, crap. Sending either of us to mars doesn't let us know, does it?
Old 07-19-2007, 01:17 PM   #946
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Sigh, I think I've given up hope in this game.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:21 PM   #947
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I guess that's what reading the rules will do to you.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:24 PM   #948
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Nobody is talking about being scanned last night, correct? Might be that the blade runners can only scan every other night or some other sort of restriction.

I don't see what anyone would have to gain by not saying they've been scanned. Unless they're a replicant of course.

No, I was scanned LAST night.
Old 07-19-2007, 01:26 PM   #949
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I really wish I could say I was scanned. :/
Old 07-19-2007, 01:29 PM   #950
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
No, I was scanned LAST night.

Oh, OK, thanks for the clarification. That's interesting then -- either they are on different schedules, or at least one person is not admitting they were scanned.