Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-08-2006, 07:33 PM   #901
Galaril
Pro Starter

So the patch has been out for 24 hours and I see four pages problems on tech forum. ................. So, not to be a pessimist but when is the next patch out in 3-4 weeks?
Galaril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #902
ScottVib
High School Varsity

The Run Computer Manager on All Teams button won't be in the manual. It was added in the first patch. The manual is based on release version code.

For the record the button is on the league setup screen. Access it by going under the Game->Game Setup. Activate the League Setup tab and in the lower right hand corner there is a button labeled "Other Functions" click on it. When you click on that button you will see the option to "Run computer manager on all teams".

My suspicion is that this will not cause any of those players to be signed. What that button has typically done is just force the AI to re-evaluate the players in its current organization and move them around/juggle lineups as it feels appropriate.
ScottVib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:00 PM   #903
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
Many of you folks here can appreciate this. I just got one of the college interns working under me to print out the 352 page guide, three hole punch it, put it in a three-ring binder and label the sections with tabbed dividers .God, I feel kind of guilty. This must be how Clinton felt

I'm pretty sure that ISN'T how Clinton felt unless you meant something else when you mentioned three-hole-punch.
Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2006, 08:03 PM   #904
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel
I'm pretty sure that ISN'T how Clinton felt unless you meant something else when you mentioned three-hole-punch.

LOL
Old 06-08-2006, 08:38 PM   #905
TroyF
Coordinator

Quick thoughts:

I tried to upload 20 years worth and the file was still just to large. I only used players, news and teams from the MLB league and the file chimed in well over 1GB.

- Career HR leader had 678 HR (I went from 2006 here). He signed a couple of contracts with different teams and didn't have anything all that strange happen in the way of transactions throughout his career. Until the end, when he signed a minor league contract and played his last two years in A and AA ball respectfully. Ugh.

- Career pitching leader had 344 wins. He played his entire career with one team and retired a major leaguer. Yippee.

- Pitchers didn't play the field. yippee.

- Waiver wire was beserk. Ugh.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:36 AM   #906
LionsFan10
High School Varsity

So what's the word on this game, is this an avoid at all costs type deal or just wait a few patches.

It's baseball season and I'm really in the mood for a baseball game, should I just buy PureSim instead?

From reading this thread, it sounds like this game is just plain bad, and that's really damned sad.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:49 AM   #907
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFan10
So what's the word on this game, is this an avoid at all costs type deal or just wait a few patches.

It's baseball season and I'm really in the mood for a baseball game, should I just buy PureSim instead?

From reading this thread, it sounds like this game is just plain bad, and that's really damned sad.

Try the demo on both games.

As of right now the AI is more smarter on puresim than ootp 2006 so far.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 AM   #908
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:

Not at all, is it perfect? No, but none of the other's are either. This game is deep, customizable to your taste (in just about every way). There are still some issues to deal with but you'd be dead wrong to say it is bad. Give the demo a shot.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:57 AM   #909
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
Quick thoughts:

I tried to upload 20 years worth and the file was still just to large. I only used players, news and teams from the MLB league and the file chimed in well over 1GB.

- Career HR leader had 678 HR (I went from 2006 here). He signed a couple of contracts with different teams and didn't have anything all that strange happen in the way of transactions throughout his career. Until the end, when he signed a minor league contract and played his last two years in A and AA ball respectfully. Ugh.

- Career pitching leader had 344 wins. He played his entire career with one team and retired a major leaguer. Yippee.

- Pitchers didn't play the field. yippee.

- Waiver wire was beserk. Ugh.

Troy

So there is weird waivers, releases and trades by the AI that you see still in patch #1?

It will be nice if someone can host that league html file for you. Then we here can check and post the weird AI for waviers, release and trades in ootp tech forum.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:35 AM   #910
Marc Duffy
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaril
So the patch has been out for 24 hours and I see four pages problems on tech forum. ................. So, not to be a pessimist but when is the next patch out in 3-4 weeks?

FOur pages, lots of duplicates, some still running the old versions and we're working through. Are you planning the demo, if you are not I urge you to and judge the game for yourself.
Marc Duffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:36 AM   #911
Marc Duffy
SI Games

Quote:

I'd suggest you play the demo and try it all out for yourself.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:38 AM   #912
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
Troy

So there is weird waivers, releases and trades by the AI that you see still in patch #1?

It will be nice if someone can host that league html file for you. Then we here can check and post the weird AI for waviers, release and trades in ootp tech forum.

Just bizzare decisions is really all I can say. Take this example:

Chicago has a pitcher who went 16-8 for them in 2030. 4.06 ERA, 226 IP, 204 hits. 40.6 VORP. Clearly the teams top starter from the previous year. (this is NOT a good team)

So where does he start the following season? AAA.

No problem though, because I'm sure the Chicago starters in the ML are doing well. So I look. Through May, their ERA's for the starters are 4.97, 5.26, 6.64, 7.04, 12.88

The 12.88 guy has started 5 games and given up 40 hits and 32 walks in 21 innings. He has a career 27-49 record in the bigs. He pitched for Chicago last year as well, going 5-15 with a 6.01 ERA.

There are questionable AI decisions I could disagree with but still understand. Then there are thing like this where the AI just goes bonkers and makes a decision that NOBODY can defend.

If this were FM, maybe there would be a real world excuse. Drugs, cussed out the manager, DUI's. . . SOMETHING.

I'm holding off on any full judgements until the second patch. This game has a ton of potential and many people would play the game without noticing something like that. I suggest you try the demo for yourself, because if you have the ability to overlook some of these things, you'll have a blast.
Old 06-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #913
Galaril
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Duffy
FOur pages, lots of duplicates, some still running the old versions and we're working through. Are you planning the demo, if you are not I urge you to and judge the game for yourself.

I have and in all due respect wasn't impressed. As others mentioned too many screwy AI moves. The game is solid and stable but alas that doesn't make a baseball pc game alone.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:04 AM   #914
moriarty
College Starter

In all fairness, I don't think the first patched was focused on the AI/wiaver issues. Hopefully that will come in the second patch where Marc said they would be working on the more difficult issues (or something to that effect). Maybe Marc can comment here?
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:31 AM   #915
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Just bizzare decisions is really all I can say. Take this example:

Chicago has a pitcher who went 16-8 for them in 2030. 4.06 ERA, 226 IP, 204 hits. 40.6 VORP. Clearly the teams top starter from the previous year. (this is NOT a good team)

So where does he start the following season? AAA.

No problem though, because I'm sure the Chicago starters in the ML are doing well. So I look. Through May, their ERA's for the starters are 4.97, 5.26, 6.64, 7.04, 12.88

The 12.88 guy has started 5 games and given up 40 hits and 32 walks in 21 innings. He has a career 27-49 record in the bigs. He pitched for Chicago last year as well, going 5-15 with a 6.01 ERA.

There are questionable AI decisions I could disagree with but still understand. Then there are thing like this where the AI just goes bonkers and makes a decision that NOBODY can defend.

If this were FM, maybe there would be a real world excuse. Drugs, cussed out the manager, DUI's. . . SOMETHING.

I'm holding off on any full judgements until the second patch. This game has a ton of potential and many people would play the game without noticing something like that. I suggest you try the demo for yourself, because if you have the ability to overlook some of these things, you'll have a blast.

Maybe the Chicago team has bad scouts? Are the SISA ratings for that demoted pitcher low?

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 06-09-2006 at 08:32 AM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:31 AM   #916
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moriarty
In all fairness, I don't think the first patched was focused on the AI/wiaver issues. Hopefully that will come in the second patch where Marc said they would be working on the more difficult issues (or something to that effect). Maybe Marc can comment here?

I agree. I think the first patch was just to get some interface issues dealt with (and I'm happy with most of the UI now outside of trading and scouting), fix some of the major bugs like pitchers playing the field and other things.

In all fairness, after playing around with the first patch last night, my enjoyment kicked back up again. Some things were much easier to do. Being able to see the ratings of your players in the roster view looks great and makes things a lot easier in terms of following your organizations major prospects.

I've said all along it's the second patch I'm looking for. I believe that's the one where they'll spend a lot of time attacking the AI and I believe that's the one that will have the members of this forum reccomending it or shelving it.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:34 AM   #917
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper
Maybe the Cubs have bad scouts? Are the SISA ratings for that demoted pitcher low?

His SISA ratings were average.

I'm not saying he's an all-star who is going to end up in the hall of fame. But when he goes 16-8 with a decent ERA on a bad team and the other guy goes 5-15 with a 6+ ERA, the AI needs to adjust IMO.
Old 06-09-2006, 08:44 AM   #918
st.cronin
General Manager

I haven't done much with the demo yet but one thing that is going to absolutely drive me insane: When you are in the lineup or ratings screen, and you filter to view, say, all batters - and then you click on one of your players, then back page - your filter is gone.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 08:54 AM   #919
John Galt
Pro Starter

I had a chance to play the demo last night on my laptop (where I had no installation problems). It seems to me that a lot of the AI decision issues (not the waiver wire ones) can be traced to an over-reliance on scouts and ratings. I'm betting that the reason "better" (either statistically or "true" ratings) players end up in the minors while crap players are in the majors is because the teams' scouts have a different (usually inaccurate) impression of the players. While the privileging of perceived ratings over actual performance can make sense when you are promoting prospects, it should NEVER be the guiding principle for handling veterans. I could be wrong, but based on what I've read and my playing of the demo, that seems to be the source of a lot of the poor AI decisions. Does that theory hold up to other people's experiences?
Old 06-09-2006, 09:11 AM   #920
Ryche
College Benchwarmer

I think a lot of the AI as far as roster moves and lineup setup may be using the SISA ratings by default. In the league I started last night, after the initial draft was finished, 3 or 4 players I expected to be starters were assigned to AAA instead.

If this is the case, then it would be better to a team's head scout ratings if they are available. I'm not positive that is the case though, I'm going to try to pay more attention to that tonight.
Old 06-09-2006, 09:51 AM   #921
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Steve (Battists) posted this at ootp forum.

Quote:
A plea for Specific AI Feedback

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Markus and crew really want to keep tweaking the AI to make it as smart as possible.

If you see AI behavior that you think is faulty or downright stupid, PLEASE post in Tech Support, with specific examples, including why you think it was stupid. This includes things like:

- strange in-game (pbp) decisions or results
- AI roster decisions (waivers,releases)
- AI trade decisions
- Contract negotiation issues
- Game engine results (like too many shutouts, etc.)

and so forth.

Please limit yourself to one comment or suggestion per Tech Support post, though. Each issue raised needs to be identified and looked at individually.

Thanks very much!

Steve
Old 06-09-2006, 10:08 AM   #922
Hammer755
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla
Joe Schultz?
Pound that Budweiser, boys!
Old 06-09-2006, 10:11 AM   #923
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt
I had a chance to play the demo last night on my laptop (where I had no installation problems). It seems to me that a lot of the AI decision issues (not the waiver wire ones) can be traced to an over-reliance on scouts and ratings. I'm betting that the reason "better" (either statistically or "true" ratings) players end up in the minors while crap players are in the majors is because the teams' scouts have a different (usually inaccurate) impression of the players. While the privileging of perceived ratings over actual performance can make sense when you are promoting prospects, it should NEVER be the guiding principle for handling veterans. I could be wrong, but based on what I've read and my playing of the demo, that seems to be the source of a lot of the poor AI decisions. Does that theory hold up to other people's experiences?

I agree with this. Salary also seems to play a role. The AI judges anyone making superstar money to be massively decreased in value. It doesn't matter if the guy puts up Barry Bonds numbers for three years in a row, if he has that big contract, they are looking to dump the salary in some way.
Old 06-09-2006, 11:00 AM   #924
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer755
Pound that Budweiser, boys!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:13 AM   #925
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I'd suggest you play the demo and try it all out for yourself.

I would, but with it being time limited, I find myself forced to make a decision to wait until after the next patch as I'm hearing about enough issues that I don't want to "waste" my 14 days of demo time.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 11:17 AM   #926
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
I agree with this. Salary also seems to play a role. The AI judges anyone making superstar money to be massively decreased in value. It doesn't matter if the guy puts up Barry Bonds numbers for three years in a row, if he has that big contract, they are looking to dump the salary in some way.

Speaking of salary, you know what really bugs me? When setting up a league, you have to define the value for a typical contract for a "superstar player", "average player", etc. This is just evidence of lazy programming and indicates that the game does not use the laws of supply and demand to dynamically determine how much each player should be worth. I don't want to have to say "superstars should make about $20M per year." I just want to say "Teams about this much budget - you figure out how much each player is worth."
Old 06-09-2006, 11:20 AM   #927
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin
I haven't done much with the demo yet but one thing that is going to absolutely drive me insane: When you are in the lineup or ratings screen, and you filter to view, say, all batters - and then you click on one of your players, then back page - your filter is gone.
amen
Old 06-09-2006, 11:21 AM   #928
GabeRivers
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Galt

You may be correct, John, but I'm not so sure. On the flip side, the more I play the more it seems that the AI GM's are uniformly asking for the same guys in trade negotiates that I pursue in close time frames. This has me wondering if the AI is even using scouts. I'm starting to suspect that only human players are saddled with different scout views. I may be way off here, but the patterns I'm seeing have me suspicious.
GabeRivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:06 PM   #929
mgadfly
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin

I'm glad I'm not the only one going crazy due to this. Maybe it can be fixed.

Last edited by mgadfly : 06-09-2006 at 12:06 PM.
mgadfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:40 PM   #930
miked
College Starter

Quote:
Speaking of salary, you know what really bugs me? When setting up a league, you have to define the value for a typical contract for a "superstar player", "average player", etc. This is just evidence of lazy programming and indicates that the game does not use the laws of supply and demand to dynamically determine how much each player should be worth. I don't want to have to say "superstars should make about $20M per year." I just want to say "Teams about this much budget - you figure out how much each player is worth."

It doesn't work either. In the UBL I imported, the Cy Young runner up who was 28 (and a super-star) signed for 3.5M per year for 3 years. He was making 6+ in arbitration with 2 years of arby left. Meanwhile a bunch of 37 year old crappy relievers picked up 6-8M a year until their early 40s.

This is the way I see it (posted at OOTP). The AI doesn't really seem to evaluate based on ratings/stats/supply, they value based on what the player is currently making. So arby guys are getting shafted, and guys who are 37 and at the end of their 5yrs 8M contracts are getting another 8M contract for several years.
miked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 12:54 PM   #931
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
First, this isn't a criticism of OOTP because BM and other career sims have had similar issues regarding players who are way too good finishing out their careers in the minors. Second, I'm not a programmer so I have no idea if my solution is viable.

But, shouldn't this be as basic as a simple if/then line?

If home runs > 250 OR wins > 100 AND (team assigns to minors) THEN (tell team to go to hell) OR retire

There's already coding for players who refuse to go the minors, so there has to be some determination already regarding who will/won't accepted a minor league assignment.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:13 PM   #932
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Wait, is this true? You actually have to do this?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:43 PM   #933
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19
First, this isn't a criticism of OOTP because BM and other career sims have had similar issues regarding players who are way too good finishing out their careers in the minors. Second, I'm not a programmer so I have no idea if my solution is viable.

But, shouldn't this be as basic as a simple if/then line?

If home runs > 250 OR wins > 100 AND (team assigns to minors) THEN (tell team to go to hell) OR retire

There's already coding for players who refuse to go the minors, so there has to be some determination already regarding who will/won't accepted a minor league assignment.

I agree, there are multiple problems here and both should be relatively easy to fix.

1) A Hall of Famer shouldn't end his career in AA. It shouldn't ever happen.

2) No 35 year old player should spend a season in A ball. A rehab assignment? Sure. But being sent to A ball for a year? No way, it just shouldn't happen.

I know coding is a difficult thing, especially with the scope of OOTP, but it shouldn't be that difficult to have an age limitation in R and A ball and it shouldn't be that hard to make sure a 10+ year veteran would not play minor league ball.

I understand there are exceptions (like Ricky Henderson playing in every league he could for years), but I don't think OOTP is at the point now where we need to worry about exceptions. If it happens once ever ten years IRL, it probably just shouldn't happen at all in OOTP at this point in time.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:44 PM   #934
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs

It has defaults you can use. But yes, you can edit those figures.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:56 PM   #935
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
He put that in there for people who want to play Historical leagues with finances on. It's so you can dictate how much players make in past decades. It's already set when you set up your league for modern day numbers.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 01:59 PM   #936
Drake
assmaster

Hrm. I actually *like* the ability to set the target contract values for different levels of talent.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:35 PM   #937
Marc Duffy
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgadfly
I'm glad I'm not the only one going crazy due to this. Maybe it can be fixed.

I'm going to get this one looked into
Old 06-09-2006, 02:42 PM   #938
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
He put that in there for people who want to play Historical leagues with finances on. It's so you can dictate how much players make in past decades. It's already set when you set up your league for modern day numbers.
OK. As long as it's not something you have to do.
Old 06-09-2006, 02:52 PM   #939
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I'm going to get this one looked into

I <3 SI

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 02:57 PM   #940
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
OK. As long as it's not something you have to do.
no it's not something you *have* to do (you can take the defaults), but it doesn't look like you can disable this artificial approach either.
Old 06-09-2006, 03:38 PM   #941
GabeRivers
n00b

Quote:
no it's not something you *have* to do (you can take the defaults), but it doesn't look like you can disable this artificial approach either.

I think you are correct, and it seems to make little sense. The defaults are probably fine with MLB leagues, be they fantasy or historical. The figures also adjust when you change your financial coefficient.

The rub I'm seeing appears to be when you want to add a small league. For example, last night I created a new league that included a historical 1976 league. Just for fun, I then added a Japanese league and an independent 3A American league. I wanted each league to be able to sign free agents, but I wanted to also attempt some semblance of reality where very good to super MLB players weren't scooped up regularly by the smaller leagues.

In an attempt to achieve my goals, I set the average attendance figures, ticket prices, and media contracts, as well as the cash maximums much smaller than I did with the MLB team. I also gave the two smaller leagues a relatively low salary cap (no cap in the MLB league). I did not allow trades between leagues.

The problem for me in setting up these two leagues was then trying to guess what those artificial salary structures should best be in order to fit the financial structure I set up. It seems to me that the AI should have set up a new default to fit the attendance, ticket price and media revenue parameters, but it didn't appear to do so. Perhaps if I had changed tabs and then returned to that screen it would have, but I didn't think to try that. I had to guess at what seemed logical to fit the other financial parameters I had established.

As an aside, one might be curious as to whether the set-up I created acheived my goal of a semblance of reality. It's too early to know for sure, but early returns say no. I simmed 2 seasons before attempting to take-over a team. It breaks your heart to see Nolan Ryan throwing his heat for the Hirakata Bugs, while Dave Winfield slugs for the Odessa Drillers.
GabeRivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:12 PM   #942
miked
College Starter

Man, I really don't understand how people can play this solo...

The AI seems to have only 50% of a clue for extension logic.
I imported my 6.5 league and suddenly there are 35 guys named something Nobody.
I keep finding 1/2/2 guys and stuff like that getting recycled, like waived, cut and signed 10 times during a season.
The AI puts great players on waivers, seemingly because it has the 40 man roster riddled with these scrubs it keeps signing and cutting.
I can't even read through some of these transaction reports...no joke. I'm only at the All-Star break and check out the league transactions.

This game has a baffling amount of flaws considering how long the development was and how we were repeatedly told that support for 6.5 would be minimal while Markus worked on this masterpiece.

I have some hopes that it can be salvaged with patches, but I just can't get over how flawed some of the basics are.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:13 PM   #943
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabeRivers
I think you are correct, and it seems to make little sense. The defaults are probably fine with MLB leagues, be they fantasy or historical. The figures also adjust when you change your financial coefficient.

The rub I'm seeing appears to be when you want to add a small league. For example, last night I created a new league that included a historical 1976 league. Just for fun, I then added a Japanese league and an independent 3A American league. I wanted each league to be able to sign free agents, but I wanted to also attempt some semblance of reality where very good to super MLB players weren't scooped up regularly by the smaller leagues.

In an attempt to achieve my goals, I set the average attendance figures, ticket prices, and media contracts, as well as the cash maximums much smaller than I did with the MLB team. I also gave the two smaller leagues a relatively low salary cap (no cap in the MLB league). I did not allow trades between leagues.

The problem for me in setting up these two leagues was then trying to guess what those artificial salary structures should best be in order to fit the financial structure I set up. It seems to me that the AI should have set up a new default to fit the attendance, ticket price and media revenue parameters, but it didn't appear to do so. Perhaps if I had changed tabs and then returned to that screen it would have, but I didn't think to try that. I had to guess at what seemed logical to fit the other financial parameters I had established.

As an aside, one might be curious as to whether the set-up I created acheived my goal of a semblance of reality. It's too early to know for sure, but early returns say no. I simmed 2 seasons before attempting to take-over a team. It breaks your heart to see Nolan Ryan throwing his heat for the Hirakata Bugs, while Dave Winfield slugs for the Odessa Drillers.
Same thing happened for me. I setup a subpar Candian league, and adjusted all the financials for that league to be lower including the ones you mention above as well as the expected salaries based on player quality. But still I saw this crappy Canadian league make very large contract signings. But it's too early for me to call this a bug and not user error.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:22 PM   #944
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
check out the league transactions.

Reportedly, on January 31st 2017, the Rockies GM found the phrase "Middle Relievers teh Rule" tattoed on his wife's ass. The rest was history.

Wednesday, February 1st, 2017
Colorado Rockies: Released MR C. Puga.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Casto.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR O. Perez.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Sexton.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR W. Taylor.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Theobald.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR L. Garcia.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR K. Disney.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR Y. Richardson.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR C. McAuslane.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR E. Thompson.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR O. Cantu.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Macquhirr.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR R. Anderton.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR P. Rodriguez.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR R. Dixon.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR B. Farrar.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Castilla.
Colorado Rockies: Released SP A. Macdavid.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Wylie.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR G. Shafer.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Hugley.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR T. Keo.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR V. Arias.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR C. Machuca.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR F. McAslan.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Schoonmaker.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Torres.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Kazmir.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Nunez.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR L. Dallas.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Moore.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR R. Palomino.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR C. Perez.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR M. Dunas.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR T. Delarosa.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Gonzalez.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR A. Wilson.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR B. Smith.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Colangelo.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR F. Torres.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR L. Nathaniel.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR A. Atsutane.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR C. Meine.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Macdiarmid.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Huff.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR M. Williams.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR C. Haws.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR H. Parisi.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR P. Marroquin.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Macguire.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Crouthers.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Kaplan.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Frissell.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR N. Arias.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR A. Alvarado.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Maccaa.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR G. Munos.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Evans.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Desrosiers.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Traveso.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Cousins.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Curry.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR G. Warrick.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Schultz.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR R. Soto.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR M. Colomes.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR O. Sendral.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR C. Verastegui.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Loudoun.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR H. Pffeifer.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR J. Betacourt.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR M. Raglin.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR R. Gibson.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR N. Borghini.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. MacComas.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR R. McTire.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR A. Ahumba.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR R. Hunsicker.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR F. Garcia.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR E. Kasiya.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Martenez.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR E. O'Mullen.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Zebra.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR P. Wright.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR T. Griner.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR W. O'Flaherty.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR A. Cossutta.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR S. Mosher.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR D. Kinnell.
Colorado Rockies: Released MR C. Yepez.
Colorado Rockies: Released 3B L. Gajeiro.
Colorado Rockies: Released C L. Will.

Last edited by lighthousekeeper : 06-09-2006 at 04:23 PM.
lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #945
miked
College Starter

It's amazing, because the Rockies didn't even have that many players. So the odd thing is, the game imported from opening day but in v2006, it was January 1st. So the teams went nutty signing, waiving, etc and then by the end of the month, without even playing, most were released.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:35 PM   #946
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Same thing happened for me. I setup a subpar Candian league, and adjusted all the financials for that league to be lower including the ones you mention above as well as the expected salaries based on player quality. But still I saw this crappy Canadian league make very large contract signings. But it's too early for me to call this a bug and not user error.
After reading the league you set up yesterday I made a league like that in my world as well. I haven't really ran into that problem.

I set the amount for a star player in the league I created to 3,000,000 and that has kept the real talent in the MLB.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2006, 04:46 PM   #947
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
I adjusted my smaller AA league salaries down and early in the year the extensions they are signing are in-line with what I setup.

Last edited by FBPro : 06-09-2006 at 04:47 PM.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #948
Galaril
Pro Starter

Maybe this game should retitled maximum Baseball.Sorry, that was a low blow but to be honest these kind of errors and AI issues are shocking from a game developers like Marcus and SI.
Old 06-09-2006, 04:48 PM   #949
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked
It's amazing, because the Rockies didn't even have that many players. So the odd thing is, the game imported from opening day but in v2006, it was January 1st. So the teams went nutty signing, waiving, etc and then by the end of the month, without even playing, most were released.
Well, if I'm not mistaken it is exactly this type of feedback that they are looking for to concentrate on the #2 patch.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:05 PM   #950
lynchjm24
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
Well, if I'm not mistaken it is exactly this type of feedback that they are looking for to concentrate on the #2 patch.

What I don't understand was how was this not seen in testing? Why is this juts becoming an issue after release? Just going to the transaction screen takes so long to load because there are so many transactions it doesn't take much to realize there is an issue.
lynchjm24 is offline   Reply With Quote