Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-06-2008, 01:55 AM   #901
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
We have no connection from the moderator that I am aware of. I had a connection with oliegirl, and I am privy to what she told me, and, yes, she told me about you. So we have an indirect connection through her.

But, yes, there is no reason to hide it anymore, as people will eventually make the connection from what you say about oliegirl and me, and what jeheinz posted about oliegirl's opening PM.

Yes, I am Matt Parkman and your son. But so it's clear to everyone, I don't have PM rights with nfg, and only know about him through oliegirl (a source of information now gone, of course). I have the ability to communicate with one other person freely (not of my choosing). After oliegirl was killed, I was given a new connection. I don't think I need to divulge who that is at this time, but I am certain that person can vouch for this if needed.

I can also confirm some of what nfg said. oliegirl told me he could link with two people, and that his other link was GRF, as he said.

But she also said he was pressing her for her "two links" like it was something everyone should have, and that that concerned her. She also did not say he said anything about suspicions about GRF (although there's no reason right now to think he would have told her anything).

To clear up the two questions here...

First as of why I pressured Oliegirl. She lied to me. She said her only ability was to link with me and one other person. I wanted to know how chose the same person that chose me with the same power. I thought she was lying, and she was. Although she was not lying in a bad way, she just told me a different power than she did have.

Second, I did not share my suspicions about GRF with her as I caught her lying and was scared of her.

I am tired, it is late, forgive me if I dont make sense. I will clarify if asked...
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 AM   #902
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola. I actually feel good about my vote, since I have discounted AlanT from suspicion, and st. cronin was getting pretty defensive when AlanT pointed a finger at him. Of course, I would have been defensive as well, but still.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 AM   #903
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Thank god for activity.

We should at least have a small list of suspects that we are in agreement about putting on the block today.
Old 03-06-2008, 01:57 AM   #904
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
I understand what you're saying, I'm just curious why CR wants to know if she told you his name. Either means he has something to hide or he's just making sure his name isn't getting out there because it could give away his power.

Yeah, don't want to be repetitive, as you responded to this while I was cross-posting, but obviously nfg's reveal has forced me to reveal sooner than I wanted to. I don't tend to be forthcoming unless I think the advantages for the village far outweigh the potential advantages for the wolves, so I was being extremely careful here.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:01 AM   #905
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
To clear up the two questions here...

First as of why I pressured Oliegirl. She lied to me. She said her only ability was to link with me and one other person. I wanted to know how chose the same person that chose me with the same power. I thought she was lying, and she was. Although she was not lying in a bad way, she just told me a different power than she did have.

Second, I did not share my suspicions about GRF with her as I caught her lying and was scared of her.

I am tired, it is late, forgive me if I dont make sense. I will clarify if asked...

No, that's okay. She didn't come out right away about her second power either with me. I had to ask her about the ability for flight, since I knew who she was and knew from earlier in this thread what sort of power that character should I have. I suspect she was also being ultra careful, as jeheinz has already suggested that PM rights alone do not guarantee we are on the same side (although in mine and olie's case, that is certainly true).

Once asked, she did explain her flight power to me, which pretty much matches what jeheinz said.

I also know what she did on Night One, and what she intended to do on Night Two with that power. But I'm going to keep that to myself for now (in case it can be used down the road).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:05 AM   #906
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Hero-philiacs out there, a question. Aren't the Parkmans on opposite sides? I'm not trying to trump up a case against nfg, as everything he has said that was repeated to me by oliegirl is true, but I suspect someone will bring that up, and I didn't want to act like I was hiding from it.

nfg, if the Parkmans are on opposite sides in the show, we may have to consider that the rest of the village will assume you and I are on opposite teams, and there could be repercussions for that (lynching one of us can, by that theory, net a wolf and add a person to the COT).

Old 03-06-2008, 02:08 AM   #907
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Given Heinz's statement about sides in the game not being determined by sides in the series, I will not be assuming that CR and nfg are on opposite sides.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:09 AM   #908
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I dont watch the show but I assume you are the son parkman and I am the dad. I think they were against eachother in the show...is that what your getting at?

Ah you got this, too. Not sure what to make of that. More to the point, not sure what everyone else will make of that. And I will be voting soon and gone for the night until after deadline.

Well, I guess it will be interesting reading when I get back.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:09 AM   #909
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Well I hope that doesnt shroud GRF being Sylar.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:10 AM   #910
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

I think this should spark a ton of convo and I think it will at least weed out some peeps..Also who votes and gets killed? Thats the hard part.
Old 03-06-2008, 02:14 AM   #911
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

nfg, I am going to put some faith in you now, as you have offered up things I can directly confirm. While I can't confirm the GRF suspiciousness, you haven't lied to my knowledge, so I will vote on your suspicions, as opposed to the voting suppositions being tossed out by hoops and others (which also have merit, but not something I can definitely confirm myself).

I would like to hear from GRF, but I have to go to bed, so I don't have the choice of waiting.

VOTE GREYROOFOO

Old 03-06-2008, 02:23 AM   #912
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

I want to get a provisional vote in before I go to bed, because I'm not completely certain I'll get on again before the deadline. I don't object to the GRF vote, but I don't like an early runaway.

I'm going to try going in a different direction, and put a vote on someone who's been completely below the radar and was in on someone other than ardent.

VOTE mauboy1

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:30 AM   #913
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

First point is - what's going on with all these reveals. It seems pretty dangerous to me if all the roles with limited powers come out and reveal. Nice for them as it probably means they won't get targeted but it's kind of narrowing the field for both the Company and Sylar in hitting more powerful roles. It also strikes me that it's putting pressure on for some sort of mass reveal. We've already had a lot of names and powers given up. (I'll got through and list it all up when I get a moment). Unless we're going to push for a mass reveal can people be a bit more circumspect with their powers unless there's a clear gain from revealing?

Secondly, there's a lot of talk about CoTs here - how Neon is in everyone's now because of his move to Ardent, etc etc. That's well and good but I think there's a danger that people might lose sight of the fact that there really ought to be two CoTs. A Company CoT and a Sylar CoT. So Neon is firmly in my Company CoT while pretty much everyone who has revealed a name up to this stage is in the Sylar CoT. However you should probably think about the fact that, as it stands, revealing your name could well put you at risk from Sylar, as he will be wanting to cut down on the Sylar CoT.
Narcizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 02:35 AM   #914
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narcizo View Post
First point is - what's going on with all these reveals. It seems pretty dangerous to me if all the roles with limited powers come out and reveal. Nice for them as it probably means they won't get targeted but it's kind of narrowing the field for both the Company and Sylar in hitting more powerful roles. It also strikes me that it's putting pressure on for some sort of mass reveal. We've already had a lot of names and powers given up. (I'll got through and list it all up when I get a moment). Unless we're going to push for a mass reveal can people be a bit more circumspect with their powers unless there's a clear gain from revealing?

Secondly, there's a lot of talk about CoTs here - how Neon is in everyone's now because of his move to Ardent, etc etc. That's well and good but I think there's a danger that people might lose sight of the fact that there really ought to be two CoTs. A Company CoT and a Sylar CoT. So Neon is firmly in my Company CoT while pretty much everyone who has revealed a name up to this stage is in the Sylar CoT. However you should probably think about the fact that, as it stands, revealing your name could well put you at risk from Sylar, as he will be wanting to cut down on the Sylar CoT.

Yeah, I was not a willing revealer. But better to come out with it, then have everyone put two and two together and wonder why I am keeping it a secret.

Old 03-06-2008, 02:47 AM   #915
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm getting the same reading as Alan off of St Cronin. Now this might be because the two times I've been a villager in a game with him, he's been a wolf but the vibe he's giving off have been exactly as I remember him being in those games. I buy the idea that St Cronin put an early "meaningless" vote on Ardent and then was trapped into keeping it there. I think he did seem to be trying to get pressure on to move the vote off of Ardent - when there was a discussion about 3 candidates going to a No Lynch vote he asked Alan if he was in favour of a No Lynch which really could be interpreted as trying to get the 3 other candidates to move to a No Lynch with Alan's backing. Meanwhile I still feel like there was attempts at future hay-making from the whole situation with Alan. Pushing for a lynch of Alan and then getting the blame on Thomkal is exactly the same tactic that he tried in Big City - pushing for a Blade lynch while setting up Hoops as the fall guy when Blade turned up good. In this he would be working with Ardent, who had a vote on Alan, but covering himself from any connection down the line by having his own vote on Ardent.

He has an argument that he could have saved Ardent by claiming to have scanned him and finding him good. Well, except he'd already tied his hands by categorically stating that he didn't have a seer power earlier and there was no way that he'd be able to explain why he voted for Ardent had he scanned him the day before. So that doesn't really stand up.

I'm not really sure we have much more on anyone else at the moment so I'm leaning heavily to voting st cronin at the moment. I'm going to go back and read through things again though, and put together a list of names and powers claimed.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:29 AM   #916
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I find everything odd...Especially the 4 no lynches. What happens when tommorow we have these same arguments again. The wolves and Sylar will be a few steps ahead and we will be in the same place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
I think anybody on No Lynch needs to move their vote, this is absurd.

Quote:
I would be suspicious of all no lynchers but such a mass move by the company wouldnt seem to be wise...Then again I am new and inexperienced.

Just to cover this. At the time I made my first No Lynch vote my reasoning was, I believe, sound. Everyone had powers a lot of them potentially information providing. Judging by the number of reveals that's gone on today then I firmly don't believe that we would be in the same boat as day two had we got a no lynch vote.

I'm still confused how people who were all in favour of a No Lynch on day one can suddenly become so vehemently against it the next day. I was in briefly yesterday before this happened but the 1PM deadline is no good to me because 11-1 is my time with my children before they go to bed. I'd like to think that once it became clear No Lynch was not a viable option at the time I would have switched to a lynch vote - and vote would have been on Ardent as he was the only one I found remotedly suspicious, while the run on Thomkal and, particularly, Jackal were completely baseless, outside of a "we need someone to vote against" day one mindset.

I think it's odd that hoops has been pushing on Jackal two days in a row, when it was clear that most of the day one votes on Jackal was as an alternative to a No Lynch, not as anything to do with him.
Old 03-06-2008, 03:48 AM   #917
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
I'd like to think that once it became clear No Lynch was not a viable option at the time I would have switched to a lynch vote - and vote would have been on Ardent as he was the only one I found remotedly suspicious, while the run on Thomkal and, particularly, Jackal were completely baseless, outside of a "we need someone to vote against" day one mindset.

Of course, I would say that now.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:07 AM   #918
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Good call. Did you find it as odd as I did that Ardent's fellow company members let him get in a tie?

To some extent but right until the last couple of minutes he looked safe with two candidates ahead of him. It was only the very late shift of Jackal and Neon that got him in a 6:6 tie with Jackal and then (presumably) someone with the persuasion power switching him to get the Ardent lynch. It could have been hard to stave off.
Old 03-06-2008, 04:32 AM   #919
Schmidty
Coordinator

Anyone have a vote count?
Old 03-06-2008, 05:02 AM   #920
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

I'm going through and reading carefully now for my list of reveals and ..

Quote:
Now it gets interesting. GRF. He claims to me to have the power to kill one person that votes for him. This to me sounds very much like the Sylar. He also is acting quite suspicious in PM.

Seriously - what? Not only do you reveal your own role and power, and back CR into a corner so he has to reveal but you reveal yet someone else's in the bargain?

This is a bit fuzzy at the moment as I don't know if you've got all the info PMed to you. Is this a vicious role (ie he has to have been lynched for this power to work) or can he use it any time. If it's a vicious role then it would be absolutely useless to Sylar as he is a one man faction. Killing someone once he's dead is pointless. If it's not then I still have a hard time seeing Sylar only having the chance to kill one person all game. And I'm fairly sure that if he were Sylar he wouldn't tell you the truth about his power. Why on earth would he? To be honest I'm surprised he told you anything at all but if this does anything then it makes me more willing to cut him a bit more slack.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:03 AM   #921
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Anyone have a vote count?

Still doing my role/power list - but I'm off to lunch now.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 AM   #922
hoopsguy
General Manager

Narc, you have a good point on the CoT in terms of Company vs Sylar. However, with Sylar as a one-man faction anytime I reference a CoT it is in regards to "not Company". We'll have to figure out Sylar at some point - hopefully with some kind of direct scans, the Company fingering him, or dumb luck.

Speaking on my reveal, I wanted to put myself in a position of disclosing information because I'm more worried about a lynch than Sylar/Company. If you follow the show, it shouldn't be all that hard to put two and two together.

Grey is an interesting target because he did fall in the list with "bad votes". However, that is from a Company perspective. If he is Sylar, and I don't necessarily make that connection with the power revealed (sounds more like another character, actually) then he wouldn't be trying to save Ardent because odds are high he has no idea who is part of the Company.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #923
hoopsguy
General Manager

In terms of reveals, here are the people I have in my notes. Am I missing anyone?

Cronin - Mohinder
SnDvls - Ando
NFG - Dad Parkman
Chief - Son Parkman
Hoops - Claire Bennet
Old 03-06-2008, 06:38 AM   #924
hoopsguy
General Manager

NFG's info on Oliegirl fits nicely with Chief as Son Parkman. But if both Dad/Son have PM powers, that doesn't jive with Alan's getting random information with his power. And I'm not sure who else is out there (besides the dead Haitian) who should have the ability to send Alan bad info. So I'm scratching my head a little on this point.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #925
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

wow, am I confused!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:47 AM   #926
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
NFG's info on Oliegirl fits nicely with Chief as Son Parkman. But if both Dad/Son have PM powers, that doesn't jive with Alan's getting random information with his power. And I'm not sure who else is out there (besides the dead Haitian) who should have the ability to send Alan bad info. So I'm scratching my head a little on this point.

One of the women in the show (Molly?) has the ability to create illusions doesn't she. Sounds rather like her to me. Although, admittedly, the PM thing seems a bit odd.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:54 AM   #927
Thomkal
Head Coach

wow that was quite the late night revelations. It now puts a new light on Ollegirl's death. I couldn't figure out any particular reason she would be killed based on what happened in the game. Based on what nfg is telling us, he knows what her first night's action was and what she planned to do on her second action. This information could lead us to her killer. And a question for you Nfg, did you tell Grey that you were in contact with Ollegirl?

I find it suspect that the Parkman's are on the same side. It's likely their powers are either the same or very close to each other, and I just think it makes more sense to be on opposite sides. But CR and Nfg are sounding "villagery" to me right now, so perhaps I'm wrong there. I'm hoping someone will scan/spy on them to see if there's anything to go with there.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 06:56 AM   #928
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

1. Claphamsa
2. hoopsguy - Claire Bennett (717)
3. The Jackal - Doesn't know if Match (401), not much power (580)
4. nfg22 - Maury Parkman (875)
5. RendeR - power is worthless (113)
6. Thomkal (fka Pass) -
7. Lathum - Match (85)
8. path12 - Match (497), Company character ? (727)
9. Greyroofoo - Vicious Role (via nfg 875)
10. St. Cronin - Mohinder Suresh (501)
11. NTNDeacon - The Haitian (Dead)
12. SnDvls - Ando Masashi (630)
13. DaddyTorgo - partial Match (266)
14. Mauboy1
15. Schmidty
16. Neon Chaos
17. Chief Rum - Matt Parkman (894)
18. Narcizo
19. ardent enthusiast - Claude Raines (Dead)
20. Barkeep49 - No Match (123)
21. Mr. Wednesday
22. oliegirl - West Rosen (Dead)
23. Alan T - Some sort of spy/scan ability (718)

Possible Characters

Claire Bennet - ? - Hoopsguy, regeneration/potential to converse with Noah Bennett
Monica Dawson
DL Hawkins
Maya Herrera
Issac Mendez
Adam Monroe
Hiro Nakamura
Matt Parkman - ? - Chief Rum, PM rights with one person
Nathan Petrelli
Peter Petrelli
Sylar
Niki Sanders
Claude Rains - Company - ardent enthusiast, can't be spied or scanned - Lynched Day Two
The Haitian - Hero - NTN Deacon, negates someone's powers - Bullet to Brain Night One
Alejandro Herrera
Eden McCain
Maury Parkman - ? - nfg22, PM rights with Oliegirl & Greyroofoo
West Rosen - Hero - Oliegirl, PM rights with Matt Parkman/Fly - Dead Night Two
Ted Sprague
Molly Walker
Ando Masahashi - ? - SnDvls, spy
Elle Bishop
Micah Sanders
Noah Bennet - In Game
Bob Bishop
Lyle Bennet
Daniel Linderman
Simone Deveaux
Mohinder Suresh - ? - st. cronin, ?
Angela Petrelli
Hana Gitelman
Old 03-06-2008, 07:00 AM   #929
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
One of the women in the show (Molly?) has the ability to create illusions doesn't she. Sounds rather like her to me. Although, admittedly, the PM thing seems a bit odd.

Molly is the "tracking system" - she locates people.

Candace is the person who has the illusions power but isn't on the character list in Post #3.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #930
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Am I the only one to think that Lathum seems to have a bee in his bonnet about Sylar, to a much greater extent than everyone else. Fair enough the phrasing about Sylar being given a name is pretty vague (as I myself thought) but I thought that consensus was that Sylar was not given a fake name. Lathum also said that he believed Sylar would be in favour of a No Lynch vote on day one (251), which, in my opinion, is the exact opposite of what Sylar would want. With Sylar's victory conditions I would have thought that he was all for as much killing as possible.

Incidentally I think it's possible that the killing yesterday was by Sylar. It's possible that the details of the killing aren't being released. I heard somebody hypothesing based on the phrase "dead as a board" but really, I just take that as an expression to mean that West was dead. Not that he had been "stiffened" or something (fnarr, fnarr, I said "stiffened"). As we only heard about the death on the news it's possible the police are covering that facts up on the killing.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:09 AM   #931
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just caught up on all of the late night discussion.. My thoughts in no particular order..

NFG revealing as Parkman's dad makes complete sense to me.. and part of me is thinking he had an additional power beyond the PM ability.. and that he was who blocked me last night. If NFG is good or company, I could see me being his choice for blocking last night after the events last night between him and I. if he is good, he would have possibly blocked me for whatever reasons.. or if he was company he could have blocked me for me being onto Ardent possibly meaning I really had gotten more information from night 1 than I was letting on to (Which isn't the case).

The thing about Parkman's dad is coming in to the game, that was one of the roles that I felt would be company. I'm not going to jump at that thought just yet because Jeheinz made it very clear that people's sides might not necessarily match up with the show here so I want to be cautious in jumping at that conclusion. I definitly think nfg's reveal matches well for me in what I know in this universe, as I had him somewhere on my distrust list and my power was blocked by someone like parkman's dad.

Now about the other topics from the night.. someonen asked about Hoops vote being moved and possibly linked it to the parkmans.. I don't think thats who did it. Like I said yesterday, I think the girl with persuasion abilities is in the game, and thats who did it. I also think that person when they do eventually reveal should be trusted as not company.. and I also assume they can use that power more than once, so uhh yeah don't reveal.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #932
Thomkal
Head Coach

I wanted to go back to the vote and my actions in it again because I don't think I should be much of a suspect right now. If I was a wolf, I was highly suspected already by many. Why then would I say that I would move my vote to Ardent, and put another of my kind in danger? Especially with his "cunning wolf" abilities? I'm a pretty bad wolf if I let Ardent get lynched like that.

I could have moved to No Lynch like Neon originally asked me to do in an attempt to save him and jackal and myself from the lynch. As a wolf I should have jumped all over that offer. But I said I would not do a no lynch even if it put myself in jeopardy of being voted out. As a wolf I would not have left my vote on Jackal leading to a tie with my fellow wolf with no knowledge of what the tiebreaker is.

I understand why people are questioning why I didn't move given that Ardent was a Company member, but the best move for me as a wolf never would have been to suggest Ardent as a late vote switch candidate. It probably would have been best to sacrifice myself and let my fellow Company men vote for me, making them look good.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:11 AM   #933
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Oh yeah, after a closer re-reading through I notice a lot of stuff I've been "proposing" has already been mentioned by Alan. Sorry about that Alan. Not meaning to steal your ideas.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:13 AM   #934
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh, and one other thing that I want to be very clear on in case I die somewhere along the way in the next few days... I agree that I have been very defensive of Thomkal the last day or so.. to the point some speculated whether or not my night 1 action gave me information on Thomkal to trust him.. Just to clear that up... my trust of THomkal is not based on my action or any information I gained from my action at all. I trust Thomkal based on a gut read and my perception of some of the posts or events that occured the first two days and how it played out. He could be bad, but I honestly don't feel he is company and I think we have many many other better candidates to choose from along the way.

Just wanted to say that in case I get killed and my innocence leads people to think that Thomkal should be completely trusted. My only point is when someone I distrust pretty heavily pushes to vote for someone that I feel fairly good about, it just sets off sparks in my head.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:24 AM   #935
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Oh, and one other thing that I want to be very clear on in case I die somewhere along the way in the next few days... I agree that I have been very defensive of Thomkal the last day or so.. to the point some speculated whether or not my night 1 action gave me information on Thomkal to trust him.. Just to clear that up... my trust of THomkal is not based on my action or any information I gained from my action at all. I trust Thomkal based on a gut read and my perception of some of the posts or events that occured the first two days and how it played out. He could be bad, but I honestly don't feel he is company and I think we have many many other better candidates to choose from along the way.

Just wanted to say that in case I get killed and my innocence leads people to think that Thomkal should be completely trusted. My only point is when someone I distrust pretty heavily pushes to vote for someone that I feel fairly good about, it just sets off sparks in my head.

I'm very glad to hear you say that Alan because I'm pretty sure I know where you picked up on who I am, and if so you are most definitely correct about it.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:26 AM   #936
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
4.) Barkeep put vote on Jackal, putting him ahead 5-4 (everyone else).
Still catching up, but this is incorrect. By your own analysis, and by my posts at the time, I was the 4th vote on Jackal. No Lynch was in the lead at that time with 5, not Jackal.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:26 AM   #937
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
520 - Thomkal unvotes Chief, votes Jackal (4-4-4-3-3-1) Thom/NL/Ardent tied, Neon/Jackal one back
528 - Torgo votes NoLynch (5-4-4-3-3-1) NL leads, Thom/Ardent tied, Neon/Jackal two back
529 - Barkeep votes Jackal (5-4-4-4-3-1) NL leads, Thom/Ardent/Jackal tied, Neon two back
530 - Torgo unvote NoLynch, votes Neon (4-4-4-4-4-1) NL/Thom/Ardent/Jackal/Neon tied

Just a question for DT, why would you force a four-way tie, when Thomkal, AE, and Jackal were all ahead of me by one vote?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:32 AM   #938
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Vote Count:

St.Cronin - Alan T (756), Schmidty (893)
The Jackal - Render (789)
Schmidty - st.cronin (819)
Render - NeonChaos (856)
Barkeep - path (859)
GreyRooFoo - Jackal (882), Chief Rum (911)
mauboy - (912)

I will be digging back into the thread to provide my reasoning why I want render to be on the line for lynching tonight.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #939
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Oh.. one other note I just remembered that I wanted to make based on last night's discussions while I was sleeping..

NFG in his reveal hypothisized that Greyroofoo might be sylar due to being able to kill someone who voted for him. (Or something along those lines).. I don't think that is Sylar.. at least not from a show point of view. If I had to guess from a show point of view, that is the exploding man, whatever his name was (Ted?) When you got him mad.. bad things happened.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:35 AM   #940
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Still catching up, but this is incorrect. By your own analysis, and by my posts at the time, I was the 4th vote on Jackal. No Lynch was in the lead at that time with 5, not Jackal.

You are correct - just doubled back to verify this. I would edit posts, but that obviously doesn't happen in WW.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:38 AM   #941
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Speaking on my reveal, I wanted to put myself in a position of disclosing information because I'm more worried about a lynch than Sylar/Company. If you follow the show, it shouldn't be all that hard to put two and two together.

I don't get this at all. Why are you worried about a lynch?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:40 AM   #942
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I think that Sylar, apparently without night kills, has to have other mondo powers in order to compensate for him being a 1 man side. Not sure what this says about NFG, because PM'ing people is a great power to give to a bad guy, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

I think, based on voting analysis, that Mr. W comes out looking the worst. I feel his vote was the crucial attempt to "seal" the vote. Now he could have been a villager doing this, or he could have been company trying to save Ardent.

But I'm going to go ahead and suggest, for the time, that it was with the intent of saving a teammate and vote for him.

Vote Mr. Wednesday
Old 03-06-2008, 07:44 AM   #943
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:

Read the whole statement, not just the first part.

What is Claire's power on the show?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:45 AM   #944
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Am I the only one to think that Lathum seems to have a bee in his bonnet about Sylar, to a much greater extent than everyone else. Fair enough the phrasing about Sylar being given a name is pretty vague (as I myself thought) but I thought that consensus was that Sylar was not given a fake name. Lathum also said that he believed Sylar would be in favour of a No Lynch vote on day one (251), which, in my opinion, is the exact opposite of what Sylar would want. With Sylar's victory conditions I would have thought that he was all for as much killing as possible.

I think we all need to have a "bee in our bun" about sylar, I don't think I have been over the top about it but if you think I have been then ok I guess.. Other then a passing day 1 coment and some dialouge with BK I;m not seeing what you are seeing.

My opinion on sylar is this. He would want a no lynch on day 1 for 2 reasons.

1. To blend in

2. I have no knowledge of how his role works, but I am assuming he can't obtain the powers of someone lynched, I think I mentioned that which you convientley forgot to mention. That is why a no lynch may not be a bad thing for him. One less power to obtain.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 07:46 AM   #945
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Just throwing this out there that I think sylar would be a fan of a no lynch since he probably can't obtain the power of someone who was lynched.

This is for you Narcizo. You conveniently left this out of your analysis.

I don't know if this is a sloppy set up attempt but you are now clearly on my radar.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:47 AM   #946
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
I think that Sylar, apparently without night kills, has to have other mondo powers in order to compensate for him being a 1 man side. Not sure what this says about NFG, because PM'ing people is a great power to give to a bad guy, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

I think, based on voting analysis, that Mr. W comes out looking the worst. I feel his vote was the crucial attempt to "seal" the vote. Now he could have been a villager doing this, or he could have been company trying to save Ardent.

But I'm going to go ahead and suggest, for the time, that it was with the intent of saving a teammate and vote for him.

Vote Mr. Wednesday

Do you read that Night 2 was a Company kill then, instead of Sylar? My take on it, at least until having a good reason to do otherwise, is that Sylar got a kill last night. I think that the Company did not as a result of their killer (Ardent) dying during the lynch.

Not sure if this is right, but the kill description was vague and it makes little sense to me that Sylar would not be out killing at least every other day.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #947
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I also have a "bee in my bonnet" because I think it is important to kill sylar early before he can potentialy get really powerfull
Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #948
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
2. I have no knowledge of how his role works, but I am assuming he can't obtain the powers of someone lynched, I think I mentioned that which you convientley forgot to mention. That is why a no lynch may not be a bad thing for him. One less power to obtain.

But he also apparently can't night kill, otherwise I'd have to think he'd have attempted one to get himself some powers. Could he have some other abilities other than power stealing?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:50 AM   #949
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Day 2 vote:
318 - Clap votes Thomkal (1-0)
328 - Cronin votes Ardent (1-1)
331 - Alan votes Clap (1-1-1)
357 - NFG votes Clap (2-1-1)
397 - Ardent votes Alan T (2-1-1-1)
426 - Alan unvotes Clap, votes NFG (1-1-1-1-1)
434 - Chief votes Thomkal (2-1-1-1-1) Thom leads
443 - Schmidty votes Grey (2-1-1-1-1-1)
444 - MrW votes Olie (2-1-1-1-1-1-1)
445 - Narc votes NoLynch (2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1)
447 - Neon votes NoLynch (2-2-1-1-1-1-1-1) Thom/NL tied
452 - Ardent unvotes Alan, votes NoLynch (3-2-1-1-1-1-1)
459 - Thomkal votes Chief (3-2-1-1-1-1-1-1)
471 - Mauboy votes Neon (3-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1)
474 - Lathum votes Thomkal (3-3-1-1-1-1-1-1-1) Thom/NL tied
480 - Jackal unvotes Render, votes Thomkal (4-3-1-1-1-1-1-1) Thom leads
487 - SnDvls votes Ardent (4-3-2-1-1-1-1-1) Ardent now 3rd in votes, separating from pack of ones
488 - Schmidty unvotes Grey, votes NoLynch (4-4-2-1-1-1-1-1) Thom/NL tied
489 - Hoops votes Jackal (4-4-2-1-1-1-1-1-1)
496/498 - NFG unvotes Clap, votes Jackal (4-4-2-2-1-1-1-1-1) Thom/NL tied, AE/Jackal two back
499 - RendeR votes Neon (4-4-2-2-2-1-1-1-1) Thom/NL tied, AE/Jackal/Neon two back
511 - Path votes Neon (4-4-3-2-2-1-1-1-1) Thom/NL tied, Neon one back, AE/Jackal two back
512 - Alan unvotes NFG, votes Ardent (4-4-3-3-2-1-1) Thom/NL tied, Neon/AE one back, Jackal two back
518 - Olie votes Ardent (4-4-4-3-2-1-1) Thom/NL/Ardent tied, Neon one back, Jackal two back
520 - Thomkal unvotes Chief, votes Jackal (4-4-4-3-3-1) Thom/NL/Ardent tied, Neon/Jackal one back
528 - Torgo votes NoLynch (5-4-4-3-3-1) NL leads, Thom/Ardent tied, Neon/Jackal two back
529 - Barkeep votes Jackal (5-4-4-4-3-1) NL leads, Thom/Ardent/Jackal tied, Neon two back
530 - Torgo unvote NoLynch, votes Neon (4-4-4-4-4-1) NL/Thom/Ardent/Jackal/Neon tied

553 - Neon unvotes NoLynch, votes Jackal (5-4-4-3-1) Jackal leads, Thom/Ardent/Neon one back, NL two back
565 - MrW unvotes Olie, votes Jackal (6-4-4-3) Jackal up two on Thom/Ardent/Neon, three on NL
585 - Jackal unvotes Thomkal, votes Neon (6-5-4-3-3) Jackal up one on Neon, two on Ardent, three on Thom/NL
597 - Grey votes Jackal (7-5-4-3-3) Jackal up two on Neon, three on Ardent, four on Thom/NL
612 - Jackal unvotes Neon, votes Ardent (7-5-4-3-3) Jackal up two on Ardent, three on Neon, four on Thom/NL
618 - Neon unvotes Jackal, votes Ardent (6-6-4-3-3) Jackal/Ardent tied, up two on Neon, three on Thom/NL

The above sequence of votes is what bugs me... and why I would place doubt on Thomkal.

Render and Path vote for me even though there are already 3 likely candidates in Thomkal, AE, and Jackal with 2 or more votes. I suddenly am only one vote behind Thomkal and No Lynch.

AlanT and olie then vote for Ardent. Ardent is now tied with Thomkal with four votes each, I had 3, and Jackal had 2.

Given the benefit of the doubt that Thomkal is thinking about survival (like many of you claim he is), at this moment in time, he could have put his vote on AE and put AE ahead, but he doesn't... he goes votes for Jackal, who was two votes behind? Why would he not put his vote on ardent? I don't buy the fact that Jackal already had a vote on him.

Remember, AE is an unscannable wolf, and the wolves probably thought that they could manipulate the vote enough to keep AE safe.

BK and Torgo split their votes on me and Jackal... creating a stupid 4-way tie.

This entire thing just went down in a ridiculous way that I cannot believe it wasn't crafted as a way to save both AE and Thomkal, and kill off Jackal or myself.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:51 AM   #950
Narcizo
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Ahh! Sorry, I'm being stupid. I get how you mean. Let me ask another question then.

Why are you interested in telling the bad guys not to waste a night kill attempt on you? Wouldn't it be better to let them target you and save another villager from a night kill?