Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #901
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Path can we explore Real a little while we're both around, since the other conversation has died. What is triggering your alarm bells? I'm having a hard time with him since I have these vague impressions from games past, but no real memories of him. So it's not a clean slate like with a newer player, but it's not really informed either. So, to be honest, I've been kind of ignoring any thoughts of him as a wolf and assuming him to be a villager and considering his analysis as such. Obviously you've seen something different. I'm curious as to what.

Sure. I don't have tons of evidence, I'm afraid.

I think we're at a tough part of this game. Most of the roles that die or scan as wolf are gone, we had villager/villager day 1 and a runaway day 3 so voting patterns aren't good either. I'm very glad Olie was able to give us the info she did, though I'm afraid she's most likely to die tonight.

So my approach is really trying to figure out who hoops might have chosen for his fellow wolves. And to me, RealDeal and jeheinz stand out as the perfect sort of players for hoops' style and philosophy. RendeR does to some extent, but not as much as the other two.

After posting that speculation, I wanted to see who would be the one to try and discredit it the most. Sure enough, RealDeal immediately pointed out that I wasn't excluding anyone, although I was more interested in a most to least sort of scale. There is also something about how far he is distancing himself from any of hoops mindfuck posts and trying to dismiss them all (as is Chief). In playing this game with hoops over all this time (and you longer than I), I think the chance is exactly zero that everything he said was BS.

So anyway, RealDeal and Chief are my top two suspects right now.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:08 PM   #902
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah. It sucks.

I'm gonna tie it up. Lets see what happens.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:09 PM   #903
path12
Coordinator

UNVOTE REALDEAL

VOTE RENDER
Old 10-04-2007, 08:21 PM   #904
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post

So my approach is really trying to figure out who hoops might have chosen for his fellow wolves. And to me, RealDeal and jeheinz stand out as the perfect sort of players for hoops' style and philosophy. RendeR does to some extent, but not as much as the other two.

This is what I talked about earlier also, Of the main suspects to have been chosen by hoopsguy to begin with, real Deal, jeheinz and myself are the only ones left.

RealDeal probably wouldn't come out and defend a lynch landslide vote on a villager (assuming he is the wolf) he might, assumin he'd earn some trust here, but even then, not as strongly as he came to my defense. So in effect, i don't think realDeal is the wolf.

Jeheinz on the other hand was adamantly trying to lynch me even before all this tripe from hoopsguy, why? gut feeling he says. You don't go that strongly after someone on gut feeling alone, unless of course you know they are a villager, in ihs case, being a wolf would do that. I highly suspect jeheinz and would support a vote move in that direction (noting that I really can't jeopardize myself in the process) but I will certainly follow others this way.

I am not a wolf, I've beaten this horse to death today and damn near some of you too
It bears repeating though, you cannot trust hoopsguys rantings. yes some of what he said might be true (he was honest about not picking barkeep) but that cetainly isn't a good reason to swallow the entire story from the condemned alpha wolf.

So there, I've put forth a name with some semblance of reasoning for his lynching, its no worse than the reasons people have for me or Antmeister.

Anyone willing to vote jeheinz and test the theory?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:25 PM   #905
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
So anyway, RealDeal and Chief are my top two suspects right now.

Yeah I'm not a big fan of CR's comments and am frustrated he hasn't been around more to offer more than what he did. He was pretty clearly on Render's side last night and I would be very curious to know how today's discussion has effected him, if at all.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:27 PM   #906
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Render -- I happen to agree with you about jeheinz, cold comfort I know. The problem is that you fit the same profile as him, and well hoops named you.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:33 PM   #907
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Render -- I happen to agree with you about jeheinz, cold comfort I know. The problem is that you fit the same profile as him, and well hoops named you.

True, and even though I think there's a decent chance you're not a wolf, I come back to the fact that you are the most likely person in that profile to have been scanned, and so most likely for at least someone to get information from on their lynch.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:41 PM   #908
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
True, and even though I think there's a decent chance you're not a wolf, I come back to the fact that you are the most likely person in that profile to have been scanned, and so most likely for at least someone to get information from on their lynch.
You quoted me there. Are you talking to Render?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:47 PM   #909
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You quoted me there. Are you talking to Render?

Yeah. Should have been clearer. Common problem for me.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #910
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
dola, i am also thinking real hard about chief rum...to this point, he has barely said a word, which is contrary to his normal verbose behavior...i know he had the 2 job bit going on, but i thought that was just for monday and tuesday...not sure though because I also think he is too good a player to make such a drastic change in his posting pattern if he is a wolf.

You and Lathum, man. You guys must have sleepovers where you talk deep into the night about how suspicious I seem.

Seriously, though, I'll admit I have been out of it in this one. The busy first two days threw me off, and then last night was me being torn to watch a great personal sports night (Angels playoff game, Ducks road game), posting here on WW and getting much needed sleep to recover from a brutal stretch of work over the previous five days. I did a lot of the first, stopped in a bit for the second and then crashed for the rest. Now I am back tonight, and I am a bit more active and rested. So if you guys aren't lynching me as we speak, I should be able to contribute more.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #911
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Not to offend, but haven't we noted the dead mark next to the seer? And if in fact the seer was alive and HAD scaned me, would they not find some way to move the vote off me? as I will always and forever be just a villager?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:49 PM   #912
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
You and Lathum, man. You guys must have sleepovers where you talk deep into the night about how suspicious I seem.

Seriously, though, I'll admit I have been out of it in this one. The busy first two days threw me off, and then last night was me being torn to watch a great personal sports night (Angels playoff game, Ducks road game), posting here on WW and getting much needed sleep to recover from a brutal stretch of work over the previous five days. I did a lot of the first, stopped in a bit for the second and then crashed for the rest. Now I am back tonight, and I am a bit more active and rested. So if you guys aren't lynching me as we speak, I should be able to contribute more.

move yer ass then, you got 5 minutes to deadline!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:50 PM   #913
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry, 10 according to the little corner clock on my posts.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:51 PM   #914
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Not to offend, but haven't we noted the dead mark next to the seer? And if in fact the seer was alive and HAD scaned me, would they not find some way to move the vote off me? as I will always and forever be just a villager?
We don't know if that dead person was really the seer or really the fool. Both would show up as seer upon death according to how I remember the rules. And since others have been spouting the same canard I'd think it's true.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #915
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
We don't know if that dead person was really the seer or really the fool. Both would show up as seer upon death according to how I remember the rules. And since others have been spouting the same canard I'd think it's true.

Again, not to play captain obvious, but in that situation wouldn't it be prudent to assume the seer is dead and act accoringly instead of sitting like lumps hoping they're living and just withholding information?

I've been playing under the assumption that there is no seer or fool for that matter, because to play otherwise forces you to second guess every possible direction in the hopes of some revelation.

If the seer WAS alinve and as you say, would have scaned me by now, they would have let it be known already.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #916
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Wow. I wish I had been around more today.

Render: You said there was no reason for anyone to think you're a wolf except that hoops said so. You're right. There's not. Just as there was no reason for anyone to think hoops was a wolf except NTN said so. Fact is hoops did say so.

To me killing you is right in the same way that your killing me last game was the right decision (even though I was what I said I was). Having me around another day in the last game would have been a distraction. Having you around now is a distraction. I trust hoops to have played the game out the way he said he would. I would point out that according to game theory in a situation of repeated games players are more likely to be honest (I can explain this more if people don't understand).

So yes I'm going to vote for you. You're a distraction. If you're a villager, I'm sorry that hoops screwed you over. Vote him Day 1 for now until eternity. But if you're around, and a villager, it's going to be harder for us to focus on other people to find the wolves. Already your being around has forced ollie to do a reveal, and with the herbalist out of the way we might now lose any more information there.

I believe oliegirl, therefore I believe you are a villager.

That said, your stubborn willingness to go forward on not only a wolf's word, but a wolf like hoopsguy, makes me question your sanity and/or sobriety. Sorry, I can't believe a veteran like you would make a mistake like this. It's just shocking to me.

If I am wrong, I'll apologize up and down. But I am about as certain Render is a villager as I am hoops was a wolf.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #917
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Outta time. Gotta vote. Anyone have a vote count.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #918
RendeR
Coordinator

its a 5 -5 tie between ant and me
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #919
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yeah. It sucks.

I'm here. Chill out, everyone.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:57 PM   #920
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
I believe oliegirl, therefore I believe you are a villager.

That said, your stubborn willingness to go forward on not only a wolf's word, but a wolf like hoopsguy, makes me question your sanity and/or sobriety. Sorry, I can't believe a veteran like you would make a mistake like this. It's just shocking to me.

If I am wrong, I'll apologize up and down. But I am about as certain Render is a villager as I am hoops was a wolf.

Great so just as I figured, Cheif Rum waits until the last minute and is going to vote a villager off (that would be me). Thanks.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #921
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
its a 5 -5 tie between ant and me

Way to go, villagers. I don't think Antmeister is a wolf either. Who has the tiebreaker?
Old 10-04-2007, 08:58 PM   #922
Barkeep49
Coordinator

CR: Based on your comments you want to vote for Ant. You will be saving Render that way and causing us to go through this whole damn mess tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #923
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
If the seer WAS alinve and as you say, would have scaned me by now, they would have let it be known already.

I don't think so if they didn't know if their scans were accurate or not.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #924
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Great so just as I figured, Cheif Rum waits until the last minute and is going to vote a villager off (that would be me). Thanks.

Either way I go, I vote off a villager, it seems.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #925
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Way to go, villagers. I don't think Antmeister is a wolf either. Who has the tiebreaker?
Render loses tie break.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #926
RendeR
Coordinator

Antmeister
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #927
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Someone please save my ass!
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM   #928
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
CR: Based on your comments you want to vote for Ant. You will be saving Render that way and causing us to go through this whole damn mess tomorrow.

You're right. That won't help us. I am about to prove you have been arguing an awful argument all day.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #929
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Render loses tie break.

Que? thats not what someone said earlier, but I'll have to trust you currently as time is all but up.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #930
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

VOTE RENDER
Old 10-04-2007, 09:00 PM   #931
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

You all suck as villagers. I can't believe you put any faith into what hoops said. Wolves, please kill me now and put me out of my misery.

Sorry Render.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #932
RendeR
Coordinator

WTF?? You people better kiss my lilly white ass after that machine proves what morons you've been today.

God damn idjits.

I swear to god I will never let this be forgotten, EVER, you'll grow so sick of seeing "Oh look the wolf told them to, and they DID"
Old 10-04-2007, 09:02 PM   #933
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

And I suck, too. Maybe if I am able to be around more, I could have stopped this sooner. If Render is a wolf, I really got snowed.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #934
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

And that's it. Game Over.

Not.

Write-up following.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #935
RendeR
Coordinator

Sorry, but I am just sick of this. I can understand blind votes, but BK you're about as bright as a burnt out lightbulb for following hoops like a love sick schoolgirl.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #936
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
You all suck as villagers. I can't believe you put any faith into what hoops said. Wolves, please kill me now and put me out of my misery.

Gee, if only someone could have enlightened us.....
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #937
RendeR
Coordinator

Not funny Neon
Old 10-04-2007, 09:03 PM   #938
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
WTF?? You people better kiss my lilly white ass after that machine proves what morons you've been today.

God damn idjits.

I swear to god I will never let this be forgotten, EVER, you'll grow so sick of seeing "Oh look the wolf told them to, and they DID"

Don't you see the writing on the wall, Render? This will just happen again tomorrow. I know it sucks. Been there myself. But you're going to have to take one for the team to get these stubborn fools off of you.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:04 PM   #939
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Umm, look up my posts yesterday. Yes, they were few, but they were quite to the point.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #940
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Don't you see the writing on the wall, Render? This will just happen again tomorrow. I know it sucks. Been there myself. But you're going to have to take one for the team to get these stubborn fools off of you.

We've all been there before, and I'm willing to bet that we've all called the rest of you goddamn idjits at one point or another. It's a fun game.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #941
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I'll even help you out. Look around yesterday;s deadline, and the time leading up to it. That's when I was around. My very first post and at least one time after that, I spoke rather sternly about the idiocy of buying into anything hoops says at all.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:06 PM   #942
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
We've all been there before, and I'm willing to bet that we've all called the rest of you goddamn idjits at one point or another. It's a fun game.

Yup, I have been called an idiot. And felt like an idiot. And been an idiot. Welcome to the WW Club, Render.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #943
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Umm, look up my posts yesterday. Yes, they were few, but they were quite to the point.

They were quite to the point, and frankly I'm amazed that you don't think that there are ANY clues in what hoops said. Yes, most of it was bullshit. But I'm convinced that when we look at it after the game that he mixed in good info with the BS.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #944
Lorena
Unregistered

hurry the hell up dammit!!
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #945
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Uh wow. I have no idea how this will turn out, but I really hope more than anything that at least he has an Unholy Mark. This is freaking nuts.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #946
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

people tried to, all fracking day, but the only one anyone listened to was HOOPS.

Sorry, no sympathy for shoddy play.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #947
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sorry, but I am just sick of this. I can understand blind votes, but BK you're about as bright as a burnt out lightbulb for following hoops like a love sick schoolgirl.

I agree his thinking here is extremely confusing. That said, BK is regularly one of the most innovative WW thinkers on this board, so I don't think he deserves more commentary than that. And if he's right, I will bow to his greatness.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #948
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Uh wow. I have no idea how this will turn out, but I really hope more than anything that at least he has an Unholy Mark. This is freaking nuts.

I bet he's innocent. But as soon as hoops named him he was going to have to go at some point. Might as well get it out of the way early while we've got numbers on our side.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:09 PM   #949
hoopsguy
General Manager

???

Game doesn't end with RendeR as the lynch?

(GASP)
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #950
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
They were quite to the point, and frankly I'm amazed that you don't think that there are ANY clues in what hoops said. Yes, most of it was bullshit. But I'm convinced that when we look at it after the game that he mixed in good info with the BS.

And the info that was good was the obvious "Render is a wolf"? Glad you guys picked that winner out from all the other good clues he dropped. He was real subtle with it.