Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:34 PM   #903
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

What, you wake up from your nap, Buc . Kelly did "Unchained Melody" and Kat did a Whitney Houston song (what was it again?)
Old 04-25-2006, 07:35 PM   #904
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
Who's doing Unchained Melody?

Pickler.

I'm sorry but, that sucked. That is just one of those songs that you look either really good or you suck. Her cutsie, I'm-such-a-ditz personality has just really gotten old.

Don't get me wrong, I'd still do her though.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #905
Joe
Pro Starter

what are the odds on Chris doing Love Hurts?
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #906
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

What is with these singers singing sad songs and smiling throughout?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:40 PM   #907
Joe
Pro Starter

actually... he's probably doing My Sacrifice
Old 04-25-2006, 07:43 PM   #908
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
actually... he's probably doing My Sacrifice
Again?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:46 PM   #909
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
what are the odds on Chris doing Love Hurts?

I heard it was 'Have you Ever Really Loved A Women'
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 04-25-2006, 07:46 PM   #910
Buccaneer
Head Coach

I haven't heard a good version of Unchained Melody (even from U2), just one decent one.
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:49 PM   #911
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i didn't think mcphee was as bad as randy/paula said. certainly not bad enough to go (byebye pickler)
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:50 PM   #912
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Taylor wasn't all that great... and Paula is getting drunker by the minute.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:52 PM   #913
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo
i didn't think mcphee was as bad as randy/paula said. certainly not bad enough to go (byebye pickler)

Pickler won't go even though she should.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:53 PM   #914
Joe
Pro Starter

LOL I like how Andrea Bocelli knew that Pickler was blonde.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:54 PM   #915
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

BRYAN ADAMS?!
Old 04-25-2006, 07:56 PM   #916
Joe
Pro Starter

Yeah... but I'd expect this from someone who lists his favorite artists as Rob Thomas and Kelly Clarkson.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:58 PM   #917
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I wonder if Paula dipped into the Everclear this week?
Old 04-25-2006, 07:59 PM   #918
Flasch186
Coordinator

Chris

and

Elliot

were top twosies but I dont vote so who knows.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #919
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
BRYAN ADAMS?!

Other than Elliot, probably #2 song choice of the night.

Unchained Melody? Whitney? Just Once? ugh...
Old 04-25-2006, 08:00 PM   #920
MJ4H
Coordinator

1. Chris
2. Elliott
3. Paris
4. Katharine
5. Taylor
6. Kellie

No comments necessary except that Kellie should've been #10 instead of #6 and Chris vs. Elliott was very close.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:01 PM   #921
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, but it makes him seem like some big poseur... though maybe he is. WHo knows?
Old 04-25-2006, 08:03 PM   #922
Easy Mac

Top 6 for the night:
1. Chris - kicked Brian Adams ass... but he's Canadian, so that's no surprise.
2. Paris - She sounded nice. Not a huge fan, but she has one of the better voices of those left.
3. McPhee - mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I wanted to unwrap he yellow m&ms
4. Elliot - I just don't get the whole Elliot thing, ya-min. I dunno, I just don't think he's that good.
5. Taylor - Should change his name to Sucks, because that was horrible.
6. Pickles - If I was Bocelli, I'd use the "I'm blind, can I feel your breasts" line from Dude where's my car. Otherwise, if you weren't blind, her singing surely robbed you of your other senses. Asstrocious.

I already have an aversion to pickles, so I think it's Kelly's turn to get tossed from the barrell that is American Idol.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:04 PM   #923
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
BRYAN ADAMS?!

I think he did it for the Canadian vote.

But it was still really good. He's gonna win this thing.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 08:34 PM   #924
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1. Elliott - He owned that song.

2. Chris - Very good rendition.

3. Katherine - Looked AMAZING. Only sounded decent to good.

4. Paris - Oversang parts of the song.

5. Taylor - Was just ok.

6. Kellie - Mangled one of my favorite songs. She needs to go home.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 09:47 PM   #925
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan
I think he did it for the Canadian vote.

But it was still really good. He's gonna win this thing.

I agree. What a perfect song and rendition of that song from Chris tonight. Wow, I Tivo'ed it just to listed to it 5-6 times. He NAILED it.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 10:33 PM   #926
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Something was amiss in the American Idol studio tonight. It's been an interesting week, with Paula's bizarre appearance on Leno and rumors flying around that she and the Seacrest are not on speaking terms. The producers joined in, screwing up the microphones on several occasions. It was rough, dog, let me tell you, it was rough.

So Randy hated everything, even though it wasn't that bad. Paula dealt with it by doubling her dose of painkillers. Brett Favre was even overheard saying, "wow, that chick can handle a lot," after the show. Simon, always afraid to praise someone after Randy pans them, just looked bewitched, bothered and bewildered.

Maybe this angst thing is intentional on the part of Fox. Who can argue with a show that essentially, with very little exception, features karaoke amidst the occasional knockout performance. Let's spice it up, put judges together who can't even stand to be in the same room.

On to the Solecismic Ratings. Overall, I thought it was a decent week, though the song arrangements were terrible as a rule. The love song genre is perfect for a group of good voices. And the four remaining good voices had good weeks.

1. Katharine McPhee. The judges just savaged her, because apparently only a coked out Whitney Houston is allowed to sing certain songs. It was the one arrangement tonight I liked better than the original. Her voice was steady and powerful, and it was a very difficult song. I didn't like the dress much - too form fitting. The Kat looks better in a different type of outfit. Score of 90.

2. Elliott Yamin. This genre is right up his alley, and he was clearly very comfortable. He did a nice job, perhaps better than Katharine, with an easier song. Score of 87.

3. Paris Bennett. Overall, I thought it was her best performance of the season. What I still don't like about her is that she's very affected, and it's obviously learned behavior from her grandmother. Someday, she'll have to learn to make this come more naturally. She did show off her considerable talent tonight. Score of 84.

4. Chris Daughtry. I thought he was very good vocally, but his tendency to want to rock out changed the mood of the song abruptly. He only has one natural speed, and didn't have a feel for the song at all. Keep in mind that anything over 80 is very, very good. Score of 82.

5. Taylor Hicks. Please just put him out of my misery now. It was a lifeless, horrible rendition. Taylor is an entertainer, and when he's not happy, we're not happy. You almost get the feeling he's decided he doesn't want to play any more, but doesn't have the decency to drop out of the competition. Score of 56.

6. Kellie Pickler. She started okay. She missed a couple of notes, and then was just brutal for about 30 seconds. Not just bad karaoke brutal, but bad high school musical theater brutal. And then she did her high note proud, and her confidence came back and she finished quite strong. The problem is, like Taylor, she's starting to stand out as not having the vocal talent of the rest of the group. Now that Ace is gone, this is more and more apparent. Score of 54.

Expected Bottom 3: This is the week Kellie finally screwed up too much. She should be joined by Paris and Elliott.

Who's going home: Paris.

Who should go home: Taylor, though I wouldn't mind if Trump fired Kellie as well.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 11:21 PM   #927
Cuckoo
College Starter

I'd flip Elliott and Chris and probably put Paris ahead of both but otherwise I pretty much agree almost completely with Jim. I was surprised at the judge's comments to Katharine. I thought she yelled a bit once or twice, but overall it was very well done. Pickler was horrible. Paris will leave which is really too bad given her performance. That's not a "go home" performance.
Old 04-25-2006, 11:33 PM   #928
Rizon
Pro Starter

Does anyone here like Whitney? She is just one artist I cannot tolerate no how, no way, EVER. It's like nails on a chalkboard music for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:04 AM   #929
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
3. Paris Bennett. Overall, I thought it was her best performance of the season. What I still don't like about her is that she's very affected, and it's obviously learned behavior from her grandmother. Someday, she'll have to learn to make this come more naturally. She did show off her considerable talent tonight. Score of 84.

This sums Paris up very well for me. She is talented, but the manner in which she sings does not appeal to me.

I thought Chris, Elliott, and Kat were in their own class this week. Paris was somewhat below them, and then Taylor and Kellie were easily the worst.

I agree that Paris goes home. It will be interesting to see if Kellie is in the bottom 3.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:07 AM   #930
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Taylor has been average-to-bad for several weeks now. I agree, I don't think he's into the competition anymor. He's a clear example of someone who peaked way too early, really has only one thing going for him, and is beginning to lose steam. We'll see if the voters are also losing steam for him.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:15 AM   #931
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I got my hair cut, and the women cutting my hair said I looked like Taylor Hicks. I find out later the guy is known for his gray hair. Thanks lady

/gray since 16

Last edited by jeff061 : 04-26-2006 at 07:16 AM.
jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:22 AM   #932
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Good Lord! Was I the only one that saw the wardrobe malfunction with the first girl in the yellow dress (believe her name is Katherine)? Near the end of the song, the bottom button on the dress popped loose. You could see her reach down and check it immediately, but then she kept going. As she walked toward the low-angle camera, it was quickly obvious that she was wearing white underwear. Thankfully, Tivo allowed us to re-live it several times to amuse ourselves.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:36 AM   #933
Critch
lolzcat

1. Elliott - thought he lost control a little here and there, but still the best of a not very good night.

2. Paris - She might seem arrogant, and she's a little boring, but she wasn't bad.

3. Taylor - Been coasting for weeks and was ok on a boring song.

4. Chris - Maybe better than I'm giving him credit for, but I couldn't get over my hate for that song. For me the top 4 order is fairly interchangable.
big drop off
5. The Pickler - Horrible, butchered the song. As bad as Katherine, but at least had the self awareness to know she sucked.

6. Katherine - Horrible, skreetched her way through the song then gave the evil looks when the judges had the nerve to tell her she wasn't the best. High point was Seacrest telling her that people who had their volume turned down would have enjoyed her.

Actually the highpoint was Simon laughing at Paula's drunken tears.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:49 AM   #934
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I didn't enjoy Chris' performance at all. It certainly wasn't the worst of the night, but I just didn't like it. Anyway, it would suck if someone other than Pickles or Hickles goes home tonight.

I miss Bucky.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:27 AM   #935
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan
Good Lord! Was I the only one that saw the wardrobe malfunction with the first girl in the yellow dress (believe her name is Katherine)? Near the end of the song, the bottom button on the dress popped loose. You could see her reach down and check it immediately, but then she kept going. As she walked toward the low-angle camera, it was quickly obvious that she was wearing white underwear. Thankfully, Tivo allowed us to re-live it several times to amuse ourselves.

No, I didn't see this, and I already deleted AI from my Tivo... ARGH!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:45 AM   #936
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm just glad Ace is gone. :P
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:31 AM   #937
Daimyo
College Starter

I thought Elliott was really, really good tonight... easily the best IMO. Chris was pretty good with a terrible song.

Katherine and Paris were pretty bleh to me. They were both pretty decent, but just didn't really stand out to me.

Taylor was okay, but you can tell he's out of his league in pure singing ability. Pickler was horrid.

This will be an interesting elimination night. Pickler and Taylor were pretty easily the worst of the night, but they both seem to have the biggest fanbases. Since Pickler didn't scratch the bottom three last week its hard for me to imagine her going home tonight. I imagine Taylor will be in the bottom three and he could go home, but I think its more likely he's safe another week. I'd bet on Paris (unfairly) being the one to go home tonight.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:34 AM   #938
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuckoo
No, I didn't see this, and I already deleted AI from my Tivo... ARGH!

I caught it right away, but my wife said they were just part of the built in underwear of the dress.

But on a side note, I like her McMole. Great place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 10:55 AM   #939
Ksyrup

My wife immediately noticed the "malfunction." I told her she probably planned it as the final attempt to get all the guys fawning over her but too cool to actually vote, to finally pick up the phone. I also noticed how she was stunned at the negative comments she got from the judges. She had the same facial expression as my daughter when I'm dressing her down, except Kat is mature enough not to have responded in a bitchy way.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #940
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Do you guys think that the call-in votes will make any difference at this stage in the game?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 12:13 PM   #941
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac
4. Elliot - I just don't get the whole Elliot thing, ya-min. I dunno, I just don't think he's that good.

Me neither. I haven't seen much this season, a few of the auditions and then last week's Rod Stewart episode when my mom was in town. And frankly I thought Elliot sucked (last week), right down there with Pickler. Ace was just a slight notch above them both, with the other four putting on fantastic performances.

My issue with Elliot then was that he did not have a very strong voice. Whenever he hit a note that I expected him to belt out, he held back and came across as singing very weak. Was shocked to see him considered "safe" (along with Pickler), with Chris and Paris thrown into the bottom 3. Was glad that Ace went home instead of either of them, but that one showing was enough to remind me that it's a popularity contest, not a singing contest.

Maybe he was better last night (did not get a chance to watch), but following this thread I was amazed at how many people thought he did a good job last week.

Either that or I'm just not a very good judge of singing talent
Old 04-26-2006, 12:17 PM   #942
Ksyrup

I'm impressed with Elliott's voice and technical ability, but he and I have totally opposite musical tastes. I can't get into anything he has sung so far, but he's a very good singer. Frankly, I'm shocked that aguy who looks like a cross between Yoda and Eddie Munster has made it so far.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:37 PM   #943
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Frankly, I'm shocked that aguy who looks like a cross between Yoda and Eddie Munster has made it so far.

Actually, not Yoda but, Mr. Tumnus..
Old 04-26-2006, 02:08 PM   #944
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

I think Elliot is by far the best singer of the bunch. But he has no personality and has no "WOW" performances.

Then again, on another forum, we were debating how strong this group is. My opinion is that this is one of the weakest ones. Usually in AI, by this point, we have at least one singer who just knocks them out of the park week after week, and even if some don't personally like their style, appreciate their singing. In S1, Kelly Clarkson. S2, Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard... with Kimberly Locke coming on strong at the end. S3 had Fantasia. S4 had Bo Bice and Carrie Underwood.

In the beginning, it seemed Paris was going to be that person, but some lackluster performances in the Group of 12 so far. Chris has been a favorite, but he sings the same damned thing every week and people are getting bored of it. Taylor... he just doesn't have the voice. Elliot, like I said, great voice, no "blow you away" type of performacne. Same thing with Kat. Kellie is just not good enough.

It just makes it bit more boring at this stage not to have a 'sure thing' around and wondering if they can be knocked off. I also think that is why a lot of singers (like Kat) are just ok. A star can push everyone higher. Kim Locke wasn't anything special until she ramped it up at the end to try to catch Clay and Ruben (and a few weeks, I think she was right there).
Old 04-26-2006, 04:00 PM   #945
JeeberD
General Manager

Katherine's performance last night for those of you with McPheever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZRKpwed_iA

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 04-26-2006 at 04:01 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 04:46 PM   #946
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I think Elliot is by far the best singer of the bunch. But he has no personality and has no "WOW" performances.

S3 was by far the worst of the lot. John Stephens, Jon Peter Lewis, Diana Digarmo in 2nd? I was never even that enamored with Fantasia either...

Oy...
Old 04-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #947
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

classy there by Randy+Simon apologizing to McBoobies. they were way off-base and way out-of-line. singing a song by someone, even their "signature" song doesn't mean that you think you're better than them.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 08:30 PM   #948
Joe
Pro Starter

yay finally
Old 04-26-2006, 08:31 PM   #949
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Kellie goes home... AI is going to be a lot more boring the next few weeks now .
Old 04-26-2006, 08:35 PM   #950
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
boring

you misspelled "tolerable"
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote