Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2006, 10:14 PM   #901
path12
Coordinator

What about Anxiety and I repairing the rest of the engines, while hoops starts on the Security HQ?

But we still need to figure out some guards on the engine room. Speaking as a unsuspecting harmless engineer.....
Old 07-12-2006, 10:15 PM   #902
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talgian
But if the spawn have to fight off the guards (presuming the engineers are fixing a room under guard) wouldn't they be alerted by the sounds of battle? Specifically, I'm wondering what would happen if our diligent engineers are repairing a guarded engine room when it comes under attack.

-Talgian
Oh a guarded room? Oh then there would be studly men to protect the room and the engineers. Unless, of course, the Spawn killed the guard. In which case, oh dear.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:16 PM   #903
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Cargo Hold - Fully Operational(Maximum Capacity: 85 units)
Crystilium Supply – 43 units

So we need 42 units tomorrow to get off this rock. If we are going to repair the engine tonight we BETTER get that amount or else we will find ourselves in the same sitiuation tomorrow night.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #904
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls
we really need him to show up as he has a pretty important role in being able to question people.

might be a necessary evil to "lynch" to promote if he's still a no show tomorrow.
I have sent out a couple PMs asking if people would be interested in stepping in. I am looking to replace him at this point ASAP.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:17 PM   #905
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Alright, so here are my assumptions. Someone exhuasted that guards something serves as a meathshield. I doubt they'll live if the spawn attack, but hopefully the spawn won't be able wound/kill them and damage the room. We don't have much (any) precedent this game to go on, but that makes sense to me at least.

Tyrith guards the Engine Room
Rationale: Tyrith is security chief, unwounded, and armed. It only makes sense he guards our most important room.

Dubb and Raider's Army guard the Cargo Hold
Rationale: Dubb is non-exhaused security personnel, making him a good guard. Raider's army, while wounded and exhausted, helps by being there to backup an unarmed officer. We didn't get out on an away mission, we absolutely cannot afford to lose any crystal.

King and Swaggs guard the Slave Pens
Rationale: Frankly, these two are not optimal guards. However, they are the only ones available to protect a very, very vulnerable location.

Why not the water plant?
Rationale: It has 1 damage on it. If it gets attacked, the worst that happens is it gets to 5 repair cycles. We can still take off using our extra water and repair it asap. Even even half damaged, it produced 10 units, so I really don't think this is as high priority as the other places.

That leaves 11 people, for whom there are more than enough berths.

-Talgian

If Tyrith is a no-show, then I say dubb takes his place. He's alert and healthy, which, sadly, is the best we got.

-Talgian
Talgian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #906
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So we need 42 units tomorrow to get off this rock. If we are going to repair the engine tonight we BETTER get that amount or else we will find ourselves in the same sitiuation tomorrow night.

Actually we only need 60 to liftoff, so we're 13 short.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #907
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
Oh a guarded room? Oh then there would be studly men to protect the room and the engineers. Unless, of course, the Spawn killed the guard. In which case, oh dear.

As much as I like my idea, I'm a little worried about putting all our eggs in one basket. But I think it's a risk we have to take since we didn't get off-planet today.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 10:18 PM   #908
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

We could always put Blade back in

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:19 PM   #909
path12
Coordinator

Dola, 17 short. Stupid math.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:20 PM   #910
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I'm sure my monitor just has a lot of dead pixels, but that 8 sure looks like a 3 :P

-Talgian

EDIT: Err, ahh, math isn't my strong point. Yeah, that's it.

Last edited by Talgian : 07-12-2006 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #911
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm sure my monitor just has a lot of dead pixels, but that 8 sure looks like a 3 :P

English major. Catchall excuse.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:21 PM   #912
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12

Doh! Do I feel like an idiot. I kept seeing the 85 next to the cargo hold and thought that is the amount needed.

In that case, we better repair the engine room since it is really likely that we can liftoff tomorrow.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #913
hoopsguy
General Manager

Although I tend to agree with the resources we are prioritizing here, I'm a little concerned with everyone following the blueprint to the letter of the law. In doing so we give the spawn a map of where they can attack tonight.

I'm saying this as an engineer that is very interested in having someone around to stand guard while I repair - but that selfish interest is overruled by the need to have some level of cat-and-mouse with the spawn in terms of where they have safe passage to attack.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:26 PM   #914
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok in the interests of the game, Alan T will be stepping in to play the role of Tyrith. Should Tyrith return, Alan T will instead be playing the role of spectator. As interim Secuirty Cheif he may submit a night action.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:26 PM   #915
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Caught up I think. I'm willing to stay awake if it will mean someone more important gets a bed if needed. I don't have anything to guard at the moment and my day action doesn't require me to be rested.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #916
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm saying this as an engineer that is very interested in having someone around to stand guard while I repair - but that selfish interest is overruled by the need to have some level of cat-and-mouse with the spawn in terms of where they have safe passage to attack.

Normally I'd agree. But they already damaged the brig, which while valuable, isn't super duper ultra necessary. The berths are good, but not essential. The water plant can afford more damage. We can't lose the engine. We can't lose crystal. I certainly don't want to know what 20 slaves bred to be angry is like. Let them know what we are guarding. If they attack, they'll most likely fail. If they attack unguarded areas, well, we made sure what was most important was safe. This is my second WW type game, so I may not be familar with the best overall strategy.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 10:28 PM   #917
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Alan, you're armed, healthy, and awake. By far you're the best guard we have. Guard the engine room. We need that thing to be ready the second the captain says go.

EDIT: Silly me, I got so caught up in the moment I forgot my manners. Thanks for joining the game, I hope you find it as fun as I have!

-Talgian

Last edited by Talgian : 07-12-2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #918
path12
Coordinator

All right, I'm out for awhile. I'll try to check in before bed.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:31 PM   #919
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm going to PM Barkeep with my repair action in another 10-15 minutes before going to bed. So if anyone wants to change the stuff that I should be repairing, speak now.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:32 PM   #920
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
Ok in the interests of the game, Alan T will be stepping in to play the role of Tyrith. Should Tyrith return, Alan T will instead be playing the role of spectator. As interim Secuirty Cheif he may submit a night action.

welcome alan...hope you have been following along
Bek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:36 PM   #921
kingfc22
Head Coach

glad to have Alan as my boss
Old 07-12-2006, 10:39 PM   #922
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have. I actually have been reading along all week since it started, so wont be any catch up time for me. If Tyrith does show up tonight, no hard feelings I'm back to watching. Dont mind helping though and step in since my work trip got postponed for a week. (I usually die before then!)

Anyways, from what I have seen, I'm the man tonight. So I think Talgian is right on the money with what I should be doing tonight. I havent put in any PM yet, but I'll likely go with that approach unless someone thinks Im better used elsewhere. I also feel keeping the engine room safe and repaired is the most important thing to do.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #923
Swaggs
Coordinator

Welcome aboard Alan.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #924
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I'm going to PM Barkeep with my repair action in another 10-15 minutes before going to bed. So if anyone wants to change the stuff that I should be repairing, speak now.

It's the engine room right? Only rooms that are under guard should be repaired. And really, I don't think it's a great idea for you to repair hoops. You're exhausted, which means you carry a risk of failure, no matter how hard you try. It'd be better for you to sleep and have two other engineers repair. Since no other rooms that should be guarded are damaged, we can let the 4th engineer sleep. Personally, I'd say we have qwik and path do the repairs, since anxiety has a 10% change of being spawn. But since qwik is a bit unreliable at the moment, the safest course is to have all the engineers but anxiety repair. Of course, then we have 3 exhausted engineers, but the engine room will be super doubleplus good.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #925
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I don;t want three engineers turn in orders for two units of repair.

Old 07-12-2006, 10:43 PM   #926
Bek
High School JV

Quote:
It's the engine room right? Only rooms that are under guard should be repaired. And really, I don't think it's a great idea for you to repair hoops. You're exhausted, which means you carry a risk of failure, no matter how hard you try. It'd be better for you to sleep and have two other engineers repair. Since no other rooms that should be guarded are damaged, we can let the 4th engineer sleep. Personally, I'd say we have qwik and path do the repairs, since anxiety has a 10% change of being spawn. But since qwik is a bit unreliable at the moment, the safest course is to have all the engineers but anxiety repair. Of course, then we have 3 exhausted engineers, but the engine room will be super doubleplus good.

-Talgian

doesnt qwik need to come back in order for him to repair tonight???
Old 07-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #927
Bek
High School JV

we should have a dominatrix role...she could give orders at night...that would solve our problems
Old 07-12-2006, 10:48 PM   #928
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
we should have a dominatrix role...she could give orders at night...that would solve our problems
HEH. Spawn 3: S&M
Old 07-12-2006, 10:49 PM   #929
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety

Mine are in. I'm in the engine room.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #930
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Agreed, hence why I said the ideal is that qwik and path do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bek
doesnt qwik need to come back in order for him to repair tonight???
Yes, hence why we may want to risk using only 2 engineers, or do the safe thing and putting 3 on it.

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #931
hoopsguy
General Manager

I sent in an order on the Security HQ, as was discussed in Post #901.

Qwik will probably be around in the morning, well before results go up. So he should be able to get his order in if he is going to do so ...
Old 07-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #932
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Agreed, hence why I said the ideal is that qwik and path do it.
Yes, hence why we may want to risk using only 2 engineers, or do the safe thing and putting 3 on it.

-Talgian

Qwik didn;t repair earlir today, and most feel that's because he can't because he's injured

Old 07-12-2006, 10:56 PM   #933
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Well, no harm in me annocuning now that path has. I'm on Engine too

Old 07-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #934
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Qwik didn;t repair earlir today, and most feel that's because he can't because he's injured
I was under the impression it was because he forgot to send a PM. His last post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
I'll work on repairing the engine room...I'm out for the rest of the night...
To me, that sounds like someone who thought that was his action request (even after BK's friendly reminder). Also, I can't find where in the wounded rules it says they hamper your ability to take actions:
Quote:
Status – Wounded

When an attack occurs, you never really know for sure who is going to win. Either party involved in an attack may end up WOUNDED.

It is impossible to tell with certainty if a wound was caused by Human or Spawn.

Someone who is wounded will have only a minor chance to know what attacked them.

A WOUNDED player is at a severe disadvantage against future attacks.

A player may choose to injure himself by PM’ing the GM. All wounds and healing of wounds will be announced publicly by the GM. A wound can be healed after two nights of undisturbed rest or by the doctor or medic. Undisturbed rest is defined as not taking an action (aside from the Spawn’s regular attack).

-Talgian
Old 07-12-2006, 11:06 PM   #935
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Ok reread through today some more. Looks like we have the two engineers needed for the engine room, and hoops is starting work elsewhere, hopefully Qwik can help with that too.

Im most needed to guard the engine room, so thats where I will be tonight. We need folks to guard other places too though right?
Old 07-12-2006, 11:36 PM   #936
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Ok reread through today some more. Looks like we have the two engineers needed for the engine room, and hoops is starting work elsewhere, hopefully Qwik can help with that too.

Im most needed to guard the engine room, so thats where I will be tonight. We need folks to guard other places too though right?

I truly, truly don't mean this as an insult, but I literally didn't know that you were in this game.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 11:40 PM   #937
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I truly, truly don't mean this as an insult, but I literally didn't know that you were in this game.

Im coming in for Tyrith since he hasnt been around. So not any sneaky playing under the radar thing for me
Old 07-13-2006, 12:15 AM   #938
Blade6119
Coordinator

Stunning...You guys call me dense, and then kill me, the talkative accusing player, for talking and accusing instead of a guy having seizures and admitting he was attacked by the spawn...and sndvls had the audacity to call me dense...hope somebody else inherits my role, as im rooting for the spawn after today
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:23 AM   #939
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Stunning...You guys call me dense, and then kill me, the talkative accusing player, for talking and accusing instead of a guy having seizures and admitting he was attacked by the spawn...and sndvls had the audacity to call me dense...hope somebody else inherits my role, as im rooting for the spawn after today

Good for you.

Buh bye.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:20 AM   #940
KWhit
Coordinator

It's quiet....

Too quiet....
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:21 AM   #941
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

didnt yesterday he voluntereed to be hanged just to get a voting pattern going? ok not voluntereed, but said he would be ok with it just to take a chance at getting a spawn. btw i didnt vote for you Blade
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:22 AM   #942
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

Dead men don't tell tales.

They also don't complain about getting lynched.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #943
Talgian
H.S. Freshman Team

Wow, that was a slow night.

Wonder what happened behind the scenes...

-Talgian
Old 07-13-2006, 09:05 AM   #944
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Welcome aboard Alan.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:12 AM   #945
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Wow, that was a slow night.

Wonder what happened behind the scenes...

-Talgian
Not to give anything away but you all die. The game is over. No one won. The end.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:21 AM   #946
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not to give anything away but you all die. The game is over. No one won. The end.

You could have at least used colored text
Old 07-13-2006, 09:32 AM   #947
Bek
High School JV

Quote:

i was going to make coffee for the crew, but i guess that is out of the question
Old 07-13-2006, 09:33 AM   #948
Barkeep49
Coordinator

With so much of the sleeping quarters damaged several crew members decided to participate in late night activities. Hoopsguy could be seen repairing the Security HQ with dubb hanging around and king hanging around something, though what is hard to tell.

Elsewhere
Anxiety, qwikshot, and path were working on the Engines, despite there being not enough real work for three people, and Alan T was standing around nearby. In the fancier part of the ship, sndvls was burning the midnight oil planning a couple of away missions, perhaps to be used the next day? Finally, Raiders Army was looking quite lonely by the Cargo Hold standing guard.

Ship’s Status

Room Reports
Engine Room – Fully Operational
Water Plant – Damaged (Partially Operational: 10 units of water produced daily) 1 cycle to repair
Cargo Hold - Fully Operational(Maximum Capacity: 85 units)
Water Supply – 22 units (Enough reserves for more then 2 days at current consumption)
Crystilium Supply – 43 units
Security Headquarters Damaged (Non Operational) 2 man cycles to repair
Brig – Empty
Weapons Locker – 5 phasers

Slave Pens – Fully Operational
Sleeping Quarters – Damaged. 6 berths requiring repair (enough berths for 13 people to sleep)

Crew Status

Command Staff
Captain - KWhit
First Officer – sndvls Exhuasted
Second Officer - Talgian
Security Chief – Alan T Exhuasted
Ensign - Schmidty

Engineers
QwikshotWounded Exhuasted
Anxiety
Exhuasted
Hoopsguy
Exhuasted
Path
Exhuasted

Medical Staff
Doctor - bulletsponge

Security Staff
Sergeant at Arms - dubb93 Exhuasted
Warden – Chubby
Galley Master - Raiders Army Exhausted Wounded
Slavemaster – Swaggs Wounded
Security Crewman - kingfc22 Exhausted

Scientists
Coffee Warlord
Fouts
Exhuasted

Privates

Bek

Slaves
20 slaves accounted for

Deceased
Blade – Executed Day 2 Survivor

Away team actions due by 6; Voting due by 10:30

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-13-2006 at 10:29 AM.
Old 07-13-2006, 09:34 AM   #949
Bek
High School JV

that went well...too well
Old 07-13-2006, 09:35 AM   #950
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE HOOPS

He is a spawn.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote