Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #901
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
and I agree with that. I don't remember anything about it being mentionned in the previews last night and I'd think it definitely gives away a bit more than some people would want to know beforehand.

FM

Glad I didn't click on it. I'll probably go back and read those (assuming they keep old comics on the website) once the season is over to see if they fill in any holes, but I don't want to risk spoilers by reading them now.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:23 PM   #902
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Anyone think it's possible the cop has some sort of a brain tumor or something causing those headaches? Kind of like the girl with the memory? All the headache pills, etc, it could be a cause of him just using his power to much, but I'm thinking it could also be something bad.

I've thought of that as well and definitely consider it a possibility.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:42 PM   #903
TRO
College Prospect

Regarding the Hiro/TRex pic, I think it probably something that will happen in a museum. I don't think a prehistoric journey is likely at this point.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:58 PM   #904
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Glad I didn't click on it. I'll probably go back and read those (assuming they keep old comics on the website) once the season is over to see if they fill in any holes, but I don't want to risk spoilers by reading them now.

doc, when you get to the main comics page, they offer you two links to every comics, one is an HTML page, the other is a PDF file. I plan on saving (right-click direct save so no viewing) the PDF for viewing later on...

FM

Last edited by FrogMan : 12-05-2006 at 05:58 PM.
FrogMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 06:08 PM   #905
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Watching the ep again, I realized that whoever it was was right, Eden DID hit the code to open the door... which means there must have been some other dampening effect. Perhaps the power channeling or maybe something else?
Old 12-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #906
Anthony
Banned

my wife had heard on the radio yesterday (before the show aired, it was on Z100) that Adrian Pasdar (Nathan) said one of the actors was asking for waaaay too much money and they were gonna be killed off in the episode. in hindsight it makes sense - the Eden character is a very minor character, she's not even showcased in the marketing and advertising for the show, perhaps the actress that played her just wanted to be paid on par with everyone else. not saying this is 100% the truth, but reading between the lines it kinda makes sense.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 07:40 PM   #907
Raiders Army
Coordinator

[whisper]save the cheerleader, save the world[/whisper]
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:12 PM   #908
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

[elbow nudge] I am a little hard of hearing, what did Raiders Army say? [/elbow nudge]
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 08:34 PM   #909
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
[whisper]save the cheerleader, save the world[/whisper]
Old 12-05-2006, 09:03 PM   #910
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

The HRG character appears to be turning more and more into the typical government agent who's trying to control those that are different. Now it remains to be seen if it is the government or someone else, but I don't think his motives are "good."

As I suspected Eden died. The twist I love is that the Haitian seems to be not behind his boss 100%. I doubt it's because he's rebelling and trying to protect another super, because he didn't do that with the Cop. He probably needs Claire for something.

There might be more to Peter's ability, too. He can see the future now, even without painting it... and in his "dream" it didn't appear that Radioactive Man was around. Maybe he absorbs powers more than just momentarily... it just takes awhile for them to pop up.

At any rate, this is by far the best serial TV show going, maybe even the best show period.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:08 PM   #911
Izulde
Head Coach

From a historical standpoint, it makes sense that the Haitian is revolting against HRG guy.

After all, Haiti itself gained independence during a massive slave revolt, when the Africans rose up and killed all the white people on the island.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #912
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Hey, Raiders Army...are you on the list?
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 02:49 AM   #913
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Watching the ep again, I realized that whoever it was was right, Eden DID hit the code to open the door... which means there must have been some other dampening effect. Perhaps the power channeling or maybe something else?

Maybe Sylar was playing possum in a James Bond have the bad guy tell you his nefarious plot before you make the miraculous escape kind of way. Then when Eden came in and said "No Mr. Sylar I expect you to die" it was either him or her.

It is possible that Sylar has powers that HRG is unaware of and used those to break the barrier or he could have figured out what was blocking his powers and made an alteration.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 03:38 PM   #914
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
doc, when you get to the main comics page, they offer you two links to every comics, one is an HTML page, the other is a PDF file. I plan on saving (right-click direct save so no viewing) the PDF for viewing later on...

FM

Thanks for the info. Guess, I'll start saving them soon for future consumption.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:09 PM   #915
Flasch186
Coordinator

I finally understand save the cheerleader, save the world. Had she not been saved he will explode and not be able to regenerate. Because he will explode, having her there will allow him to regenerate to continue on since he is, apparently, due to the way its filmed, the most important hero (along with Claire)? Anyone think this too?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:35 PM   #916
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
I finally understand save the cheerleader, save the world. Had she not been saved he will explode and not be able to regenerate. Because he will explode, having her there will allow him to regenerate to continue on since he is, apparently, due to the way its filmed, the most important hero (along with Claire)? Anyone think this too?

Hrmm... I think Claire's regeneration will play a key role in "saving the world", as will Peter. I am just not sure that's how it will go down.

I mean, if Claire's power allowed Peter to heal after being Ground Zero for a nuclear explosion, then I am not sure she ever needed "saving." It would be more like: cut her open, Sylar, take her brain, she'll just grow another!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 05:41 PM   #917
Danny
Head Coach

Peter's health problem definitlely have to do with the number of heroes he has come in close contact with recently. You could see his health get worse as he met with the Cop, the cheerleader and then finally his brother, which pushed him over the edge. All this after being near sylar as well.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #918
Daimyo
College Starter

I kind of think maybe its not necessarily so much that its important for Claire to survive, but more so that its extremely important that Sylar does not kill her to gain her power. He would be pretty unstoppable if he added her power.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #919
Joe Canadian
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Peter's health problem definitlely have to do with the number of heroes he has come in close contact with recently. You could see his health get worse as he met with the Cop, the cheerleader and then finally his brother, which pushed him over the edge. All this after being near sylar as well.

I didn't view what happened to Peter as a health problem, just that he is being temporarily overcome by his new powers.
LETS GO JAYS!!
EHM 2005 DYNASTY: A New Philosophy in Toronto!
Joe Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 07:40 PM   #920
Danny
Head Coach

Well yes, but that is a health problem. Just using different wording, but it's definitely the powers and his inability to control or cope with them that is causing the issue.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 09:25 PM   #921
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
I kind of think maybe its not necessarily so much that its important for Claire to survive, but more so that its extremely important that Sylar does not kill her to gain her power. He would be pretty unstoppable if he added her power.

Exactly. They saved the world by preventing Sylar from becoming an unstoppable force.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:31 PM   #922
KevinNU7
College Starter

My interpritation of "save of the cheerleader, save the world" was that save the cheerleader led to all the Heros eventually meeting which them working/being together is going to be crucial to saving the world.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:49 PM   #923
Anthony
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Exactly. They saved the world by preventing Sylar from becoming an unstoppable force.

i agree with 50% of this. i adhere to the theory that "save the cheeleader, save the world" is two different missions. you save the cheerleader so that Sylar doesn't get omega powerful. next is saving the world (in terms of stopping the nuke from exploding in NYC, which would surely trigger a nuclear Holocaust).
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:26 AM   #924
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am pretty sure it was Sylar who pulled Eden through the glass. That was how I saw the scene going down.
No, I just rewatched it in slow motion.

The gun goes through the window first and breaks it, and her arm goes through the hole along with the gun; Eden's head impacts the glass but doesn't come through. Then Sylar reaches out physically and grabs her neck to pull her through.

I think they intend us to conclude that he used the gun to break the window.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:34 AM   #925
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
If I remember correctly, he was fleeing and ended up in a dead end. When the two cops showed up, he did some mind thing to one of them and the other shot him. I think he fell to the floor and then a second later they looked over at him and he was gone. Might have been telekenesis, but that doesn't really fit well with my memory of his falling to the ground before disappearing (although maybe I'm remembering wrong).

The woman pursued him first, with Parkman staying back to help the little girl that Sylar had been trying to grab (presumably, she's something special). FBI chick tried to apprehend Sylar, pulling her gun on him. He turned it on her, apparently some kind of telekinesis -- it did not appear to me to be voluntary. Parkman came in, didn't ask questions, fired several rounds at Sylar. He went down as if he had been hit, then exited straight up, it wasn't clear if it was flying or something else.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 12-07-2006, 05:43 AM   #926
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post
The woman pursued him first, with Parkman staying back to help the little girl that Sylar had been trying to grab (presumably, she's something special). FBI chick tried to apprehend Sylar, pulling her gun on him. He turned it on her, apparently some kind of telekinesis -- it did not appear to me to be voluntary. Parkman came in, didn't ask questions, fired several rounds at Sylar. He went down as if he had been hit, then exited straight up, it wasn't clear if it was flying or something else.

But the first guy who's brain he "ate".. didn't he move a glass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 06:17 AM   #927
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post

The part about him going down like he was hit doesn't really fit in with his stopping bullets with telekenesis. I'm thinking he might have some type of damage resistance thing going on. Unlike the cheerleader who heals fast but still takes normal damage, perhaps Sylar is very resistant to damage but doesn't heal super fast. That would also help explain how the hell he fell with Peter at the High School and didn't seem to have any blood around him and was able to recover faster than Peter who had the cheerleader ability to heal fast.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:28 AM   #928
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
I'm thinking he might have some type of damage resistance thing going on.

Or he wore a bullet-proof vest. :-D
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 07:30 AM   #929
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval View Post
Or he wore a bullet-proof vest. :-D

Now come on...let's not get silly.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 08:53 AM   #930
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
But the first guy who's brain he "ate".. didn't he move a glass?
Yeah, I think he's been shown moving things that aren't metal. I still wonder if he's got more power or more control over metal things, though.

Old 12-07-2006, 09:02 AM   #931
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I think it just makes sense that he'd use the gun to break the glass as opposed to Eden herself. If I had to break very thick class, I would try to use a heavy metal object as opposed to say, my hand.

Didn't he make some comment to Eden about how the gun wouldn't hurt him? I think between getting up after Parkman shot him and getting up after the fall, it's safe to assume that Sylar has some type of invulenerability thing going on. I think it's just a question of how strong it is.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 09:06 AM   #932
spleen1015
Coordinator

Sylar has to have all kinds of abilities that we don't know about yet. The dude has been eating brains for 6 months.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 10:57 AM   #933
Daimyo
College Starter

I think its safe to infer that Sylar has absorbed at least 10 powers so far and probably even more than that. He's really the perfect villian because they can have him do anything they want and justify it by saying it was just another power he abosrbed.

Maybe his telekinesis power is limited to objects that are in the same room with him (ie not on the other side of a glass partition) so he had to wait for a metalic object to enter the area so he could use his magnetic power instead? We just don't know because they haven't yet explored what powers he has and what if any limitations his powers have.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 AM   #934
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Sylar has to have all kinds of abilities that we don't know about yet. The dude has been eating brains for 6 months.

We know he can 'freeze' people, as he did to that guy the FBI chick and Cop found.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #935
KevinNU7
College Starter

I'd say his telekinis is limited to small object. Now the question remains did Eden hold on to the gun as it flew to the glass (which I find odd) or does he have the ability to control a "small object" like fingers and force you to hold onto the gun? If he can control body parts but not the whole body this would also explain how he made the FBI girl turn the gun and point it to her own head
Old 12-07-2006, 12:16 PM   #936
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gi View Post
We know he can 'freeze' people, as he did to that guy the FBI chick and Cop found.
Excellent catch, I forgot about that. This is going to be a great show to rewatch with my wife once she has some free time after exams
Old 12-07-2006, 01:21 PM   #937
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7 View Post
Now the question remains did Eden hold on to the gun as it flew to the glass (which I find odd)
I wouldn't find it odd at all. The first instinct might be that Sylar is trying to take it away from her, in which case she'd want to keep it, and besides that, it happened so quickly that you could probably justify any reaction by Eden.

Old 12-09-2006, 09:00 PM   #938
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I watched the replay tonight, since there wasn't anything else I wanted on in the background while I played FOF and I noticed that Eden entered in a different code than HRG entered. He pressed 79#* at the end of his code. She entered 596 at the end of her code. Perhaps, she used a different code that specifically negates the power cancelling effects of the room.
Old 12-11-2006, 07:37 PM   #939
Easy Mac

Just thought I'd let people know that NBC has now declared that Zack, Claire's gay friend, is in fact not gay. Perhaps getting his mind wiped made him forget he was gay.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 08:03 PM   #940
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I didn't think he actually was gay. I thought the other cheerleader called him gay and he didn't deny it because it would've shown his true feelings for Claire.

or maybe I was reading too much into it.
Old 12-11-2006, 08:23 PM   #941
TRO
College Prospect

I couldn't tell for sure but I had similar thoughts RA.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:03 PM   #942
Easy Mac

well he had that speech in the bedroom, and the writers have said he's a gay character (until the recent reversal).
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:27 PM   #943
MikeVic
Head Coach

I was so confused about Zack. I didn't even think for a second that he was gay... until he was talking to Claire in her room, and said something like "I'm not gonna go to homecoming with you. I'm ok with who I am."

That made me think.. "huh? Since when was he gay?" Glad I'm not the only one confused by this.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:35 PM   #944
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Just thought I'd let people know that NBC has now declared that Zack, Claire's gay friend, is in fact not gay. Perhaps getting his mind wiped made him forget he was gay.
That's gay!
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:07 AM   #945
Coop
High School JV

http://xxx.eonline.com/gossip/kristi...d-4b26ded4e800

Quote:
From Bill: Hi, Kristin. I came across this post on afterelton.com and thought that you'd find it interesting. It's about how NBC and everyone are now taking a stance that Zach on Heroes is not gay.
Yes, many of you have asked me about this. I have it on good authority that Zach was most definitely supposed to be gay when the series began, and we did see shades of that in earlier episodes, such as when he's teased for getting an erection in the locker room, and when he asks Claire if she's planning to "come out" to her parents. Obviously, that plan has changed. I can't tell you why, but I can tell you that originally, Zach would not have been making googly eyes at Claire.
Old 12-12-2006, 02:11 AM   #946
Crim
College Benchwarmer

He's a girl.

RIP
Crim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:21 AM   #947
Yossarian
High School Varsity

Maybe his superpower is the ability to flip from hetero to homo?

Afterall, who said all powers have to be all that useful?
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:45 AM   #948
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I don't remember an episode where he had an erection in the locker room?
Old 12-12-2006, 07:58 AM   #949
Antmeister
Pro Starter

This gay talk is getting ridiculous. I am just going to just show a random animated image so I can threadjack this topic of conversation.

Ooops.... but at least they are heroes.

Last edited by Antmeister : 12-12-2006 at 07:59 AM.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 08:50 AM   #950
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Heroes - now with more George Takei!