Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-26-2012, 01:23 PM   #9101
spleen1015
Coordinator

I'm kind of stressing about travel tryouts. This will be Hannah's first time trying out for travel. The local organization interviews and picks new coaches every year. So, I don't really know who the coaches will be. There will be an A team and a B team. I have an issue with one of the coaches interviewing. So, if Hannah gets selected to be on this woman's team, I'm not sure if I am going to let her play or not.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #9102
spleen1015
Coordinator

Five guys take same photo for 30 years - CNN.com

Wow.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:31 PM   #9103
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
But I thought that jacket was only for members. Who let you into the club.

Everybody has a price.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:36 PM   #9104
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

By 1992... "uh no I think I'll keep my shirt on for this from now on."

That is pretty awesome.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:10 PM   #9105
sabotai
General Manager

Headed to Atlantic City tonight. If I go missing, tell them to start looking for my body there.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:02 PM   #9106
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

The only sensible comment I've read so far on this stupid Chick-Fil-A "debate":

Nearby, Dustin Keller offered another view of Cathy: "It's his opinion. He's entitled to it. I'm just here to eat."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:28 PM   #9107
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
The only sensible comment I've read so far on this stupid Chick-Fil-A "debate":

Nearby, Dustin Keller offered another view of Cathy: "It's his opinion. He's entitled to it. I'm just here to eat."

I don't understand how this story has the legs that it does. Did anyone expect a different stance from Chick-fil-A given it's background? If you don't like their position -- don't eat there.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #9108
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

More importantly, who the hell cares? It's not like he came out and said "we refuse to serve or employ gays." It's the guy's opinion. What's that got to do with the restaurant? Do they serve anti-gay waffle fries or something?

Someone needs to make a comprehensive list of the major stores/companies in the country and the owners' known opinions on various subjects so people can twist themselves into pretzels trying to figure out where they can eat, shop, buy electronics, furniture, etc.

This country has gone mad.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #9109
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
More importantly, who the hell cares? It's not like he came out and said "we refuse to serve or employ gays." It's the guy's opinion. What's that got to do with the restaurant? Do they serve anti-gay waffle fries or something?

Someone needs to make a comprehensive list of the major stores/companies in the country and the owners' known opinions on various subjects so people can twist themselves into pretzels trying to figure out where they can eat, shop, buy electronics, furniture, etc.

This country has gone mad.

It is simple. They have Christian beliefs. Bible teaches a guy should be there for the weaker emotional woman. Once you have her trust, when she's making love you get to screw her brains out. If you screw a girl and then don't live with her forever, she's damaged for life. It's not fair for guys if some guys don't make this sacrifice for a woman's confidence by being gay. That is why it is so looked down upon. Jerks.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:35 PM   #9110
Dutch
"Dutch"

So...back to random thoughts that don't deserve their own thread.

Why is it so friggin' hard for people to merge into one lane when there is road construction or an accident blocking one lane?

Last edited by Dutch : 07-26-2012 at 07:35 PM.
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:03 PM   #9111
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Had a high school football coach ask me about 30 minutes ago if I was wanting to try out for the football team. I laughed and told him I wasn't. I just came to watch.

Twice the age of most if not all of them. It's nice to know I still look like a teenager, though.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:14 PM   #9112
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Amazon has been blowing out digital downloads for dirt cheap lately. I'm guessing I've bought 20albums in the past few weeks, probably for around $40 total. I don't know how they do it....it's like Columbia House all over again.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #9113
Dutch
"Dutch"

thx, just spent $12 and picked up 4 albums (Metallica, Social Distortion, Chevelle, and one from Shinedown).
Old 07-26-2012, 08:37 PM   #9114
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Had a high school football coach ask me about 30 minutes ago if I was wanting to try out for the football team. I laughed and told him I wasn't. I just came to watch.

Twice the age of most if not all of them. It's nice to know I still look like a teenager, though.

I had a similiar experience but they asked if I was the other teams coach.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:39 PM   #9115
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Amazon stuff easily goes into iTunes as well.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #9116
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Amazon has been blowing out digital downloads for dirt cheap lately. I'm guessing I've bought 20albums in the past few weeks, probably for around $40 total. I don't know how they do it....it's like Columbia House all over again.

You order it with a different name then throw the bill away?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #9117
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Amazon stuff easily goes into iTunes as well.

So i have never used Amazons digital music. It says you need to have the Amazon MP3 downloader. Is there some utility you have to use to get the music over to Itunes or how does that work?
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:50 PM   #9118
stevew
Hall Of Famer

You just download it with their downloaded and click open into iTunes. It couldn't be more easy.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #9119
Dutch
"Dutch"

Quote:
You just download it with their downloaded and click open into iTunes. It couldn't be more easy.

It could only be easier if you abandoned iTunes altogether and used Amazon's Web/Android player.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #9120
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola

Then sync, of course.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:07 AM   #9121
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I guess I have to pay more attention to exactly what results I'm clicking on in Google.

I just spent 15 minutes browsing around a thread returned from a Google search, before I realized I was on Stormfront.org. It looked enough like a template of every other message board that I didn't even process the graphics/URL/header. Perhaps what's most sad is that the comments weren't far enough removed from everyday internet bullshit/racism/xenophobia to make it obvious to me that I was on a white supremacy sight....youtube has pretty much the same content in its comments.
Last edited by thesloppy : Today at 05:35 PM.

Last edited by thesloppy : 07-27-2012 at 03:08 AM.
thesloppy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:24 AM   #9122
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesloppy View Post
I guess I have to pay more attention to exactly what results I'm clicking on in Google.

I just spent 15 minutes browsing around a thread returned from a Google search, before I realized I was on Stormfront.org. It looked enough like a template of every other message board that I didn't even process the graphics/URL/header. Perhaps what's most sad is that the comments weren't far enough removed from everyday internet bullshit/racism/xenophobia to make it obvious to me that I was on a white supremacy sight....youtube has pretty much the same content in its comments.

Makes one wonder what you were Googling....

EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 03:37 AM   #9123
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I think it was zionist something something mud-races something uprising.

Believe it or not, the exact phrase was "fired for wearing too much perfume", as I was just dorking around regarding a relaxed argument I was having with a buddy. Needless to say, I didn't come back with many awesome talking points.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:39 AM   #9124
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think it was zionist something something mud-races something uprising.

Believe it or not, the exact phrase was "fired for wearing too much perfume", as I was just dorking around regarding a relaxed argument I was having with a buddy. Needless to say, I didn't come back with many awesome talking points.

Well, we all know that the blacks/Jews/Mexicans/gays/midgets/one armed French mimes/etc... are the reason that someone would be fired for wearing too much perfume.

Old 07-27-2012, 03:41 AM   #9125
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

dola: dam**t; meant the cause not reason. I need to brush up on my hatred propoganda.
Old 07-27-2012, 06:47 AM   #9126
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Browsing the other day and saw an article listing the best ice cream places in NH. Are there bad ice cream shops?

It seems like every non-chain ice cream place I've ever been to is considered the best ice cream place ever by the locals, and invariably you go there and you see someone walking away from the counter with a giant cone and someone else says "that is a small?" I don't see how you pick one as better than the other
Old 07-27-2012, 07:04 AM   #9127
QuikSand
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
Browsing the other day and saw an article listing the best ice cream places in NH. Are there bad ice cream shops?

It seems like every non-chain ice cream place I've ever been to is considered the best ice cream place ever by the locals, and invariably you go there and you see someone walking away from the counter with a giant cone and someone else says "that is a small?" I don't see how you pick one as better than the other

+++

extra points for perfect use of this thread
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #9128
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Nice - happy Friday to me. Not.

Love when client meets with my partner without me and apparently spends a chunk of the meeting running down my effectiveness and saying that the new guy is a better salesguy based upon a tiny subset of outreach, not even taking into account the substance or the targets.

Not that I think I'm a super-great!!! salesguy, but the numbers don't tell the whole story. I was reaching out intentionally to a lot of marginal or disinterested potential targets, that was my point.

Fuck him.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-27-2012 at 09:54 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:42 AM   #9129
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Congrats! You're probably tagged on some Homeland Security database now as a potential racist and anti-government anarchist.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #9130
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Congrats! You're probably tagged on some Homeland Security database now as a potential racist and anti-government anarchist.

Well....now that you mention it, I did coincidentally watch Operation Valkyrie on Wednesday night, and did some related casual wikipedia browsing/research afterwards. So yeah, my browser history probably also shows a few hours browsing pages for Goebels, Himmler, Goring, along with the Stormfront stuff. Should I just go turn myself in now?
Old 07-27-2012, 10:17 AM   #9131
spleen1015
Coordinator

@itownchurch just followed me on twitter. It is a sign!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #9132
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well....now that you mention it, I did coincidentally watch Operation Valkyrie on Wednesday night, and did some related casual wikipedia browsing/research afterwards. So yeah, my browser history probably also shows a few hours browsing pages for Goebels, Himmler, Goring, along with the Stormfront stuff. Should I just go turn myself in now?

Naw, just watch for the black helicopters.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #9133
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

If he's ever questioned about it he should just tell them he was only there for the hilarious movie reviews.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:26 AM   #9134
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post

I think it just depends on which place you went to with your friends when you were a teenager. I know lots of people obsessed with Bobby Sue's in West Ossipee. Probably just because it's the only place to get ice cream there.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:38 AM   #9135
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
Well, we all know that the blacks/Jews/Mexicans/gays/midgets/one armed French mimes/etc... are the reason that someone would be fired for wearing too much perfume.

I HATE one armed French mimes. Fucking takes them twice as long to get out of the invisible box.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 07-27-2012, 10:43 AM   #9136
Passacaglia
Coordinator

You'd think they'd be able to do it in half the time.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #9137
thesloppy
Pro Starter

I have a mouse. I've seen him a half-dozen times. I bought some traps. I've now seen the mouse bump into a trap, TWICE! Just walking along, and he bumps into it, and then jumps up all shocked like "What the hell is that!" and then just continues on his merry way, uninterested.

STICK YOUR HEAD IN THERE YOU LITTLE BASTARD. I KNOW YOU LOVE PEANUT BUTTER! COME GET SOME!
Old 07-27-2012, 12:08 PM   #9138
Blackadar
Retired

I just found out that my best friend of over 30 years, the best man at my wedding, died in a motorcycle accident.

He leaves 4 children behind - 18, 16, 14 & 13.

His wife died not more than 6 months ago.

I feel sick.
Blackadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:09 PM   #9139
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post
I just found out that my best friend of over 30 years, the best man at my wedding, died in a motorcycle accident.

I feel sick.

I think I speak for everybody when I say, "Fuck."
Old 07-27-2012, 12:10 PM   #9140
thesloppy
Pro Starter

Aw man, that's horrible.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:15 PM   #9141
spleen1015
Coordinator

That is terrible terrible news.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:26 PM   #9142
Logan
Head Coach

Sorry man.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #9143
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackadar View Post

I feel sick.

Fuck.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #9144
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Fuck.

Yeah.

The kids are being split up - two are going with one grandparent, the other two are going with his wife's brother. My friend had 21 years in the military (Sgt.), served 2 or 3 tours in Iraq/Afghanistan and was a far better man than most anyone I ever met.

I just can't...words fail me.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:54 PM   #9145
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I wish there was some way I could help, Black. I'm sorry. I hate to hear about the loss of your friend, I hate to hear that the kids are having to split up.

That is terrible. I am sorry.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #9146
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
I wish there was some way I could help, Black. I'm sorry. I hate to hear about the loss of your friend, I hate to hear that the kids are having to split up.

That is terrible. I am sorry.

Thanks. It's even worse than you think.

Virgil was raised in a foster home, away from his biological family. It deeply impacted him. So he was very family-oriented when it came to his own family. He was a dedicated father and had to fill both roles when his wife suddenly died last winter.

Now, to have his own kids split up into different homes...it's beyond heartbreaking.

Last edited by Blackadar : 07-27-2012 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #9147
JediKooter
Coordinator

That's really really sad Blackadar, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Why in the world are the kids getting split up? Just makes no sense to me.

Old 07-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #9148
Blackadar
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
That's really really sad Blackadar, I'm sorry to hear about your friend.

Why in the world are the kids getting split up? Just makes no sense to me.

No one can take all 4 kids, I guess.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:19 PM   #9149
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Terrible shame.

If I had to guess, and Black will probably confirm shortly, I would assume that it has to do with being a lot of responsibility to have suddenly fall into your lap, four kids that is. Probably easier to care for two.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #9150
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ah ok. Damn.