Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2012, 08:04 PM   #8951
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Oh man, loved them in college, went to see them a couple of years ago, and the girl I went with said "such a frat boy, college band." I was grievously wounded.

/ACC basketball jokes

Last edited by britrock88 : 07-16-2012 at 08:04 PM.
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:08 PM   #8952
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poli View Post
Podiatrist visit today to see how bad my turf toe damage is.

Thought I broke the toe running stairs 8 weeks ago. X-ray 2 weeks ago didn't show a break but the top and side of the toe hurt like crazy and have since I originally hurt it.

I have turf toe in my thumb. True story. Turf toe is basically (as far as I can tell) and inflammation of the sesamoid bone(s) in the toe. You have them in your thumb, too. And mine are causing so many problems my hand doc recommended removing them.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #8953
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody who is bored enough to follow me on Twitter/FB knows that I just got back from 2 weeks in French Guiana today. How the heck is it that on my 2 days of travel I seem to have gotten more mosquito bites (or at least, my bites are itching a TON more) than in the 2 weeks I was down there?

Also, I missed eating fruits and vegetables while I was down there.

And after seeing a cockroach in my room on the 2nd night in our "new" hotel (we spent the first few days--almost a week?) in a different hotel, I slept with the lights on under the assumption that the cockroach wouldn't want to come into the well-lit area. Didn't see any other cockroaches in my room. Ignorance is bliss.

/tk
Old 07-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #8954
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Also, tarantulas are GROSS.

/tk
Old 07-17-2012, 07:15 PM   #8955
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Uber dola,
The Peugeot 206+ I was driving down there was a cute little car but amazingly under-powered and had a horrible turning radius for such a small car. My Mazda 3 has a tighter turning radius.

That said, I wonder what driving my zippy, automatic-shift 3 is going to be like tomorrow after 2 weeks of driving a sluggish manual.

/tk
Old 07-17-2012, 09:01 PM   #8956
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Working from home the past couple days and I haven't showered. Got a whiff of myself and not sure if I should be disgusted or impressed.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:07 PM   #8957
Grover
Pro Starter

Wrote a poem for the first time in six months. Came out pretty well. I am chuffed.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:24 PM   #8958
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I finished putting drywall up on my garage ceiling today. Holy crap... even when cut into 3 ft X 4 ft they are heavy as hell when holding above your head on a ladder (with one hand while the other grabs the nail gun.)

Since buying this condo I have put in a completely new PEX plumbing system, put down new mortar subfloors, tiled the laundry room & main floor bath, laminate flooring in the kitchen, completely new cabinets in the kitchen, ran a gas line for the stove, formica countertops, and a bunch of other things (including a lot of wallboard)

And I did it all by myself.

The only thing I didn't do is the carpet.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:27 PM   #8959
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The drywall ceiling lift costs about $30/day to rent. I didn't realize there was any other way than to hold it over your head
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:29 PM   #8960
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The drywall ceiling lift costs about $30/day to rent. I didn't realize there was any other way than to hold it over your head

Completely worth it.

Always sweet to hold it up, then drop your drywall screw on the floor and have to start over.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:06 AM   #8961
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

They are also pretty cheap to buy if you do it a lot.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 AM   #8962
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Working from home the past couple days and I haven't showered. Got a whiff of myself and not sure if I should be disgusted or impressed.

One of my best (worst?) memories of the East coast blizzard in February 2010 was working from home the entire week. I'd wake up early, make some coffee, log in and start working. I convinced my wife it made no sense for me to shower, since later on, I'd be going out to shovel. Then after shoveling, I'd go back to work...this played out a few days in a row. I think I showered twice between Monday morning and Friday night that week.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:07 AM   #8963
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm staying home sick today (I was shivering last night. 93 degrees out and I was full-body shivering), and even I showered.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:45 AM   #8964
Telle
College Starter

I've been having headaches. One of the PAs at my primary's office sent me for an MRI, and then either she or the radiologist at the imaging center diagnosed me with a certain malformation of the brain.

Went to see a neurologist yesterday. Good news is that she says I was misdiagnosed, and am really just dealing with some pretty bad tension headaches. So now I feel like a freaking walking pharmacy with all the meds she has me taking (plus two to only take if I need them.. but thus I have to carry them since I never know when/if I'll need them). I get to go to physical therapy. And then the most fun.. get to have some injections into my neck and then have them poke needles in me to try to get things to loosen up. Can't wait! *shudder*
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:42 AM   #8965
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Backing your wifes company car into a pole is not the best way to begin the morning.

Last edited by Lathum : 07-18-2012 at 09:53 AM.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #8966
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Backing your wifes company car into a poll is not the best way to begin the morning.

Only if you back into the trout option.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:54 AM   #8967
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Only if you back into the trout option.

sigh

fixed

well played

What sucks about it even more is when you work for an insurance company and everyone in your office comes in asking about what happend to your car, then mocks you to no end about it.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:06 AM   #8968
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
sigh

fixed

well played

What sucks about it even more is when you work for an insurance company and everyone in your office comes in asking about what happend to your car, then mocks you to no end about it.

Yeah, sorry for making fun, Laths. I know how much that sort of thing can suck. Hopefully it looks worse than the cost will be.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #8969
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Yeah, sorry for making fun, Laths. I know how much that sort of thing can suck. Hopefully it looks worse than the cost will be.

actually no cost to us, company car. More of annoying. That being said a guy I work with said he noticed it yesterday, so it likely was my wife who did it.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:28 AM   #8970
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
actually no cost to us, company car. More of annoying. That being said a guy I work with said he noticed it yesterday, so it likely was my wife who did it.

I hope you're throwing her under the bus. That's what good husbands do.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:42 PM   #8971
Suicane75
Coordinator

So I'm sitting on the toilet last night and for some reason Midnight Oils Forgotten Years was stuck in my head and I realize I don't really know what Tetanus is. Like, what does it do to you if you get it. I have no earthly idea.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #8972
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
So I'm sitting on the toilet last night and for some reason Midnight Oils Forgotten Years was stuck in my head and I realize I don't really know what Tetanus is. Like, what does it do to you if you get it. I have no earthly idea.

Well, to get technical, it's a bacteria that lives in anaerobic places (like underground). It creates a toxin that can make people sick--you've heard of lockjaw? That's the result of tetanus poisoning.

Normally it's not a worry. If it gets into an anaerobic place in your body, most likely deep inside a puncture wound, it can start growing there and make you sick.

It has nothing to do with rusty things, despite what most people think. But if something is unearthed from under ground, and is pointy (like an old rusty nail) that's a great delivery mechanism. It's not super common, but old farms are a likely place to find it I think because it is in transmitted in the animal feces? But so if you step on an old nail at an old farm site that was underground, that's when you need to worry about it. Also if you're in a trench in World War I.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:07 PM   #8973
Suicane75
Coordinator

That was so much better than Wiki.

So on a whim I decide to google Debbe Dunning to relive some memories, and the watermark on one of the pictures reads "E's Sexy Swimsuits 97".

97, that's almost 16 years ago. I can't wrap my head around that. Almost half my life ago.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:18 PM   #8974
Autumn
Head Coach

I think I may spend the rest of my life thinking the '90s were ten or less years ago.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #8975
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
I think I may spend the rest of my life thinking the '90s were ten or less years ago.

This.

I want to weep when I think my favorite albums came out nearly 20 years ago.

Old 07-18-2012, 06:36 PM   #8976
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I had a similar moment the other day. Lady H_B and I fired up an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation to watch while having dinner (the two-parter where Picard is tortured by the Cardassian and Ronny Cox takes over the Enterprise and is shown to be the only competent person in Starfleet, with the rank of Captain or higher, not named Jean-Luc Picard. Seriously, every other captain or admiral is pretty much an incompetent boob or a raving lunatic) and realized that the first ST:NG episode aired 25 years ago.

One quarter of a centry old...
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:43 PM   #8977
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Sussudio is a ridiculous song. Listen to the backing production. It's like some sort of bass keytar jamming with dysfunctional horns and a fuckload of high end treble piped in. I can only imagine that they threatened Phil's family in order to get him to record a vocal. Like I don't think you could play the song on a piano.

Anyways Phil's hits album is .99 today on amazon.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 06:48 PM   #8978
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I had a similar moment the other day. Lady H_B and I fired up an episode of Star Trek: The Next Generation to watch while having dinner (the two-parter where Picard is tortured by the Cardassian and Ronny Cox takes over the Enterprise and is shown to be the only competent person in Starfleet, with the rank of Captain or higher, not named Jean-Luc Picard. Seriously, every other captain or admiral is pretty much an incompetent boob or a raving lunatic) and realized that the first ST:NG episode aired 25 years ago.

One quarter of a centry old...

"Chain of Command" - great episode!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!!!"
Old 07-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #8979
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
That was so much better than Wiki.

So on a whim I decide to google Debbe Dunning to relive some memories, and the watermark on one of the pictures reads "E's Sexy Swimsuits 97".

97, that's almost 16 years ago. I can't wrap my head around that. Almost half my life ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post

I wish I could do that for the 80's, but they feel like a lifetime ago.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #8980
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Sussudio is a ridiculous song.

Well, to get technical, it's a bacteria that lives in anaerobic places (like underground). It creates a toxin that can make people sick--you've heard of lockjaw? That's the result of Sussudio.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #8981
Grover
Pro Starter

Quote:
Anyways Phil's hits album is .99 today on amazon.

And worth every penny saved not to purchase!

Old 07-18-2012, 08:04 PM   #8982
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shkspr View Post
Well, to get technical, it's a bacteria that lives in anaerobic places (like underground). It creates a toxin that can make people sick--you've heard of lockjaw? That's the result of Sussudio.

Winner!
Old 07-19-2012, 05:24 AM   #8983
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I am buying a brand new comforter and some white sheets to go with it. Do I need to have the comforter washed or dry cleaned before I put it on. Guess I'm worried about buying some nice sheets and having the new comforter stain the hell out of it. Anyone help on this?
Old 07-19-2012, 07:38 AM   #8984
spleen1015
Coordinator

What did Jon do to get put in the box?
Old 07-19-2012, 08:28 AM   #8985
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
What did Jon do to get put in the box?

The people deserve to know!
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:29 AM   #8986
Grover
Pro Starter

He blew his top in the Obama thread and said a number of unsavory things about Marc.

Old 07-19-2012, 08:35 AM   #8987
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post
He blew his top in the Obama thread and said a number of unsavory things about Marc.

wow

he certainly did. Lol
Old 07-19-2012, 08:38 AM   #8988
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
wow

he certainly did. Lol

Yeah, that was pretty insane.
Old 07-19-2012, 08:56 AM   #8989
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Well that was some fever. Between 5:30 when I woke up first and 9:30 when I actually got up, I sweated through everything. Literally. My pajama-shorts felt like they had just come out of the wash. Soaked my sheets and everything. My hands were actually wrinkley (like when you were a kid and you were in the bath too long) from all the sweating.

Between yesterday when I was sick and this morning (just now) when I weighed myself, I lost 3lbs. That's a lot of sweat.

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 07-19-2012 at 08:56 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #8990
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grover View Post

Damn, you stay out of political threads for just one year and this is what you miss...
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:08 AM   #8991
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Damn, you stay out of political threads for just one year and this is what you miss...

It's worth a read. Jon showed his true worth in one post.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:16 AM   #8992
spleen1015
Coordinator

Will Ferrell is funnier giving DP an interview than he is in any of his movies.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:21 AM   #8993
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
Will Ferrell is funnier giving DP an interview than he is in any of his movies.

That was hysterical. I've always liked him more out of script than in a script.

Last edited by rowech : 07-19-2012 at 09:21 AM.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #8994
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
It's worth a read. Jon showed his true worth in one post.

I went back to find it, and once I read it, I was surprised it was still able to be read.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:36 AM   #8995
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I'm about to give 4 hours of presentations at a fairly large industry conference. Wishing I could fast forward to the drinking part of the agenda.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 09:54 AM   #8996
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Does anyone know when there will be a new football sim?

I suspect Jim has given up on making football sims and I have seen nothing that has interested me (i.e. vaporware).
Old 07-19-2012, 09:55 AM   #8997
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I'm about to give 4 hours of presentations at a fairly large industry conference. Wishing I could fast forward to the drinking part of the agenda.

Wow 4 hours?

I was freaking out about giving a 30 minute oral argument. I might have either started trolling or passed out if I had to do something for 4 hours.

Besides sex
Old 07-19-2012, 09:57 AM   #8998
molson
General Manager

As I was sitting and actually counting individual cheese-its so I could know how many calories I was consuming, I was wondering how the hell it's possible to be teenage and obese. I used to be able to throw down a box of these things like nothing after dinner back in the day and I was thin as a rail.

Last edited by molson : 07-19-2012 at 09:57 AM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:00 AM   #8999
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post

I had to give a presentation to a SVP and all of her management last week.

I have no problem sitting in a conference room hashing out details of a project with this people, but when I know I am going to be the center of attention with these people, it freaks me out.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 AM   #9000
molson
General Manager

I sometimes do 4-hour trainings for police officers, just book stuff - no target shooting, no jumping over shit, no swimming, no tactical stuff. Some cops are egg-head types who love the law and the desk stuff but I think for a lot of them it's torture.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote