Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-09-2009, 09:35 AM   #851
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Have you guys played the MP part of Demon's Souls? I think I'll give this a rental first. I've been buying to many games lately - and there are at least 3 Nov. release games I plan on buying. Fuck - my gaming hobby is expensive

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 12:22 PM   #852
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleBrownsfan View Post
Have you guys played the MP part of Demon's Souls? I think I'll give this a rental first. I've been buying to many games lately - and there are at least 3 Nov. release games I plan on buying. Fuck - my gaming hobby is expensive

I haven't touched the MP part yet. I was getting a server connection error and didn't bother looking into it since I wasn't interested in MP yet since I suck so bad.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 11:49 AM   #853
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Next "big game" pickup for me will probably be Dragon Age: Origins, though I'm going to wait for some reviews. If it ends up too similar to Fable II, I'm going to skip it...I could not get into Fable II, especially some of the stupid things that the game really wanted me to do (like mingle with townspeople, find a lover, have a family, etc).

Game I'm playing right now is one probably nobody's really thinking is a big game but is hella fun: Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for 360.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 12:11 PM   #854
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Next couple months have a few titles that interest me for the 360:

Borderlands
Dragon Age
Modern Warfare II
FIFA
Left For Dead 2

going to be a busy next couple months on the gaming front, for sure.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:24 PM   #855
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Next "big game" pickup for me will probably be Dragon Age: Origins, though I'm going to wait for some reviews. If it ends up too similar to Fable II, I'm going to skip it...I could not get into Fable II, especially some of the stupid things that the game really wanted me to do (like mingle with townspeople, find a lover, have a family, etc).

Game I'm playing right now is one probably nobody's really thinking is a big game but is hella fun: Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for 360.

/tk

All of the previews make me think that Dragon Age: Origins will be nothing like Fable II. It sounds like a true spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate 2. Most early previews sound in awe of the game and how well done it is. I can't wait to pick it up on release date.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 01:55 PM   #856
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

The only certain week one purchases for me are New Super Mario Bros. Wii (first new 2D Mario for consoles since 1995's Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island, I can't wait) and Football Manager 2010. I'll probably get FIFA and NBA2k10 (already out but not the PC version which I might get instead of the PS3 version) at some point.

Last edited by Big Fo : 10-10-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 05:02 PM   #857
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
All of the previews make me think that Dragon Age: Origins will be nothing like Fable II. It sounds like a true spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate 2. Most early previews sound in awe of the game and how well done it is. I can't wait to pick it up on release date.

Yeah, which is why I'm so stoked. But I still may wait for a week, just to read the comments.

/tk
Old 10-13-2009, 10:20 AM   #858
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I'm probably looking to purchase one of these: Demon's Souls or Uncharted 2. Both reviewed real well so I'm coming here to decide which one to get. Has anyone played the MP part of Demon's Soul yet?

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 10-13-2009, 11:06 AM   #859
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Has anyone played the MP part of Demon's Soul yet?

Not yet. I have thrown my controller a few times and have used a nice selection of swear words though.

I am still on the first level so, got that going for me.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 10-13-2009, 01:09 PM   #860
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just picked up Uncharted 2 and played for an hour. Simply amazing. A MUST get even if you didn't play the original.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:32 PM   #861
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Just picked up Uncharted 2 and played for an hour. Simply amazing. A MUST get even if you didn't play the original.

Stop it right now. I've still got a couple of hours before I can pick it up. It's killing me.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:50 PM   #862
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Stop it right now. I've still got a couple of hours before I can pick it up. It's killing me.

Graphics are more stunning then Zac Lee in the 4th quarter of a Rivalry game. I don't think the first one was in 1080p, but this was on sure is and it's just amazing.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM   #863
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Graphics are more stunning then Zac Lee in the 4th quarter of a Rivalry game.

That's pretty stunning.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:49 PM   #864
spleen1015
Coordinator

Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend today. Good stuffs!
Old 10-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #865
samifan24
Pro Starter

Toys R Us is having a buy two, get one free sale on all video games this week. It sounds like a great deal until you realize they don't stock all games; for instance I want to pick up the Fallout 3 GOTY Edition and they don't carry it.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #866
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Toys R Us is having a buy two, get one free sale on all video games this week. It sounds like a great deal until you realize they don't stock all games; for instance I want to pick up the Fallout 3 GOTY Edition and they don't carry it.

Do you think they carry NHL10 and NBA 2k10?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 04:52 PM   #867
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post

I know the local TRU near me does not carry NHL 10. It's listed on the TRU website though so you could always order it online.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:09 PM   #868
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Man, Uncharted 2 is all kinds of fantastic. The plot and characters are really engaging, even moreso than the first one. It truly feels like you're playing through an interactive movie.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:18 PM   #869
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

I need to go sell my body for the night, I may be able to get $180 if I try hard enough. Both games that came out today are games I want to buy, Uncharted 2 and Brutal Legend, and next month comes Modern Warfare 2. My wife will hate me (for buying so many games, not selling my body). I will have to put things off for a bit and say they are my Christmas presents. Income is fine but not as reliable right now to jump into these purchases. Oh well, I am busy enough I won't notice a little wait.

If someone gets them, beats them, and then wants to sell any of the ones that came out today let me know in a month or so.

Last edited by Cringer : 10-13-2009 at 08:19 PM.
Cringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #870
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Are the gun battles improved? ie - the AI less predictable.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #871
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Are the gun battles improved? ie - the AI less predictable.

Yup. AI is much improved. You can't just retreat and pick them off. They'll follow you around now.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:40 PM   #872
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yup. AI is much improved. You can't just retreat and pick them off. They'll follow you around now.

Cool, that kept me from completing the first game.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:38 PM   #873
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I never played the first Uncharted and this isn't really the kind of game I'm normally into but after reading about how much seemingly everyone loves it (gaming press and gamers) I decided to rent the game today. I'm on Act 5 now (only been doing singleplayer) and this is a lot of fun. It's a nice mix of climbing, jumping, exploring, stealth segments, and shooting. I was worried it might be too heavily focused on the shooting but that is not the case so far. It's also the best looking console game I've played, at times I find myself just panning the camera around looking at everything. The characters and story are also pretty good so far, although it seems like I'm missing a bit of background info having not played the first game I don't really mind.

Last edited by Big Fo : 10-13-2009 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:20 AM   #874
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post

The one by me had NBA 2k10 today. Did not look for NHL 10.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #875
SnowMan
High School Varsity

After hearing how hard Demon's Souls was to find (and holy crap was it hard to find) I picked it up today. Out of town for a few days but looking forward to trying it and also Uncharted 2. They both sound fantastic.
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #876
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowMan View Post
After hearing how hard Demon's Souls was to find (and holy crap was it hard to find) I picked it up today.

That's part of the soul-crushing.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 07:39 AM   #877
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

What an awesome game Uncharted 2 is! I'm also up to the 5th act (how many acts are there?) and the pace of the game is perfect. I played about 1/2 hour of the mutli player and it seemed pretty good (I think I'm spoiled with COD MP though). I don't finish many games but I definitely see myself completing this one.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 10-14-2009, 09:41 AM   #878
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think the first Uncharted is the only PS3 game I have that I have finished.

I played a little of Brutal Legend and Uncharted 2 last night. Brutal Legend made me chuckle a few times. I played it for about 90 minutes. It is pretty cool so far.

I'm in Act 2 of Uncharted 2. I think the beginning is done very well. I'm really interested in finding out what's next.

Uncharted Spoiler - Read if you've been through Act 2.
Spoiler
Old 10-15-2009, 07:57 AM   #879
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

I've played up to chapter 7 in Uncharted 2. Can this game get any better?! The action sequence in the end of chapter 6 was sweet!!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 10-15-2009, 09:33 AM   #880
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I saw that you can download the character generator for Dragon's Age: Origins.

I downloaded it last night, but didn't have time to install it or play with it. The game looked really promising, then I got kind of down on it after seeing and reading some things, but now I am back on the upswing with it.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 AM   #881
Calis
College Starter

Bioware(well EA probably) have done some of the most horrific marketing for Dragon Age I've seen for a game.

Its really turned me off on the game I was easily most excited about this year. I'm hoping it is just the ad team attempting to be "extreme" and not accurately representing the game.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM   #882
wahoomac
Mascot

The best gameplay footage I have seen about Dragon Age is from here:

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...igins/17-1477/

It's about a 20-minute video of the gameplay. I watched it yesterday and I am really psyched for this to come out. Once I know what DRM is involved for the Impulse/Direct2Drive/etc., I will be able to make a purchase decision (whether to get physical copy or downloadable). I have heard that there is no SecureRom (or whatever) in the physical box version, but I wouldn't put it past EA to put it in the downloadable version (like they did with The Sims 3 downloadable version).
Old 10-16-2009, 07:12 PM   #883
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

And I have now pre-ordered Dragon Age (360 version) from Amazon.

First game I've pre-ordered in awhile.

/tk
Old 10-18-2009, 12:29 PM   #884
MJ4H
Coordinator

Charles Martinet teases new Mario game! October 17, 2009

Filed under: News — DarkWish @ 6:07 pm

Thanks to some tweets from Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario, we know that Nintendo is working on yet another Mario game! And no, he’s not referring to New Super Mario Bros. Wii or Super Mario Galaxy 2, it’s something different. Here are his tweets…
- Mama Mia!!!! I’m going to Seattle this week to record a new Mario game! Woo Hooo!!!!! I can hardly wait!!!!1
- Big day tomorrow! Seattle for a new Mario game! Yippee!!! And just as a joke, it’s going to rain….in San Francisco tomorrow!
- Awesome new Mario Game! And it’s not NSMB Wii, and it’s not Galaxy 2, but it’s going to be crazy fun!
What could it be… a Mario sports title? Mario Party 9? Is it for Wii, DS, or DSi? Could this be related to the game IGN was teasing? Whatever it is, it’s got the voice of Mario excited.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:30 PM   #885
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I read something about the Super Mario All-Stars trademark recently being renewed in Japan, maybe that is being rereleased for DS. An announcement of a third new Mario platformer in such a short period of time is probably unlikely.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #886
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

God of War Collection trailer is up.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/624/
Old 10-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #887
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
God of War Collection trailer is up.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/sceablog/videos/624/

Sweet!!

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 10-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #888
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Man - how good is this game?!! I'm in chapter 17 and loving every moment of the game. I don't care for the multiplayer so much (only really played about a hour of it) but the single player mode is probably the most fun experience I've had in a game.

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders
Old 10-19-2009, 08:57 AM   #889
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Man - how good is this game?!! I'm in chapter 17 and loving every moment of the game. I don't care for the multiplayer so much (only really played about a hour of it) but the single player mode is probably the most fun experience I've had in a game.

I've got no interest in multiplayer modes of most games. I'm a single player kind of guy. Uncharted was fantastic and Uncharted 2 does not disappoint at all. Love how the story draws you in.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:10 AM   #890
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

dola

Rumor that Resistance 3, Killzone 3, and a sequel to COD: WW are all in the works for fall 2010.

http://e4g.info/1667/killzone-3-in-2010.html
Old 10-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #891
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I give up on Demon's Souls. I'm going to try something easier like licking my own back.

Going to through it out on Ebay tomorrow for $50 free shipping (to the US) so, if anyone is interested before that, let me know.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:58 PM   #892
RainMaker
General Manager

Traded-in some games and had a bigger than expected return (they have a 25% promo for 3 or more games plus 10% additional if you signup for their card). Got FIFA for free and then decided to pick up Borderlands since it's co-op and my good friend and I like playing those games.

Played Borderlands for a few hours and have to say it's pretty fun. It has a lot of elements of Fallout 3 in it. Not sure if there is some connection, but the types of characters and such is eerily similar. They have a ton of guns and so far it's been a lot of fun building up XP to get more skills. Apparently you can drop into games with other people online. If you're into co-op games and have some friends with this, it's a real blast. Basically Fallout 3 co-op.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:20 PM   #893
JS19
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Traded-in some games and had a bigger than expected return (they have a 25% promo for 3 or more games plus 10% additional if you signup for their card).

Who is this "they" you speak of? Have a bunch of games I don't play anymore, wouldn't mind trying to scoop up that FIFA game.
JS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:39 PM   #894
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I am not very good at FIFA so far. Dribbling is really hard, as soon as the other team comes near my guy he loses the ball, all those slick skills I mess around with in the arena while the game is loading are useless in game situations so far in my experience. I can maintain possession and pass the ball around but good scoring chances are few and far between.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:46 PM   #895
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
I am not very good at FIFA so far. Dribbling is really hard, as soon as the other team comes near my guy he loses the ball, all those slick skills I mess around with in the arena while the game is loading are useless in game situations so far in my experience. I can maintain possession and pass the ball around but good scoring chances are few and far between.

Reminder for me to pick that one up this weekend. Keep at it, you'll get better!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #896
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

I think he is referring to Gamestop. If I recall correctly it is Gamestop's card that gives you 10% off all purchases, and 10% more in trade-in's. Not 100% sure though.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 12:54 AM   #897
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Reminder for me to pick that one up this weekend. Keep at it, you'll get better!

Yeah, right after I posted I finally managed to score a few goals with a non-elite team against a team of similar quality.

Later on in a different match I even managed to burn a few guys with trick moves, although that was with Messi and Argentina so no big feat there. It was raining in that game, I thought it was cool how the players slid further on tackles and the ball moved faster on the slicked up surface.

PS3 version here if anyone wants a game against someone who is a FIFA noob.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:49 AM   #898
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JS19 View Post
Who is this "they" you speak of? Have a bunch of games I don't play anymore, wouldn't mind trying to scoop up that FIFA game.
Sorry, Gamestop.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/specialty/tradeins/

And as scoobz said, you can get their discount card that will add 10% on to trade-ins. So you get 35% on games which is pretty good these days. I traded in Fallout 3, NBA 2K9, Assasins Creed, and Ghostbusters and it came to about $60.

Last edited by RainMaker : 10-21-2009 at 06:51 AM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:43 AM   #899
DataKing
Pro Rookie

I picked up Borderlands last night and I have to agree with RainMaker...it's a lot of fun. Basically they've taken elements from Diablo and similar games and used them in a first-person shooter. That's not to say that it has a fantasy theme, but the loot (read: guns) are randomly generated, so each one feels unique. This gets pretty fun when you start finding weapons that have different special effects. A few examples of fun stuff I've found so far:
  1. A shotgun that fires a wave of blue energy that travels along the ground, hitting multiple targets.
  2. A submachinegun that sets people on fire.
  3. A sniper rifle that explodes in a small fireball effect upon impact.
  4. A mod that turns my hand grenades into bouncing betties.
  5. A shotgun that fires rockets.
Each of the four different characters also gets a special ability (my soldier drops down a turret/shield combo that shoots at enemies autonomously and also provides cover) as well as skill trees like you see in Diablo and WoW. I haven't messed with co-op yet, but it seems like there could be a lot of potential there as well. You're supposed to be able to drop in and out of co-op at will...you can take your single-player character into co-op and still have all your skills, gear, etc, and the difficulty is also supposed to automatically scale based on the number of players.

If anybody's on Xbox Live and wants to give co-op a try, give me a shout.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)

Last edited by DataKing : 10-21-2009 at 09:51 AM. Reason: Forgot the shotgun
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #900
samifan24
Pro Starter

Reading reviews I get the impression that Borderlands is meant to be played on multiplayer or local co-op. Is the single player game secondary in terms of length and development? I don't play online much but would be interested in picking this one up if the single player is also strong.

Last edited by samifan24 : 10-21-2009 at 09:55 AM. Reason: punctuation
samifan24 is offline   Reply With Quote