Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #851
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Hehe Eaglesfan, i beat you to it

Btw, i guess now that this has been ahppening at least for past year too, and that is why there was no way to have good sliders past year, only human ones work and affect both CPU and human.

I must admit that past year i played mainly Campus legend and noticed that HUM sliders where the ones affecting it all, but always thought it was because the Campus legend mode.

Yep. We must have read it around the same time.

Also, I thought this might have been happening last year as well, but I never put forth the testing of it. Shrug. They have some convincing tests this year and at least we can work with that, even if it means it is going to be more difficult to beef up the CPU running game without unbalancing the human run game. Other than that, I'm looking forward to dropping WR catching, QB accuracy, and Pass blocking tomorrow evening when I can next play and working with that.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:32 AM   #852
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
I always been curious, do you see other when they zoom out (to look at the plays), change your guys, and that stuff when your at the line?

If you're talking about looking at your opponent's play art, it doesn't show up. Only you can see it.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #853
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDPW View Post
Nice... couldn't be further from the truth about me historically but I accept that for this one post...

The eye candy was just as important as the message.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:38 AM   #854
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I think he is asking if the other online player sees your play art when you take a look at it on your TV. The answer is no.

Thanks. I wasn't exactly sure how to write that.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:40 AM   #855
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

Also, several industrious people over on OS have done some good extensive testing of sliders and made an important discovery. The Human sliders at least for offense are controlling both the Human and CPU settings. The CPU offensive sliders do nothing. The developer on OS has reported that EA testers have confirmed (or nearly confirmed) this and thinks that actually none of the CPU sliders work and they are all being controlled by the human slider. However, the OS testers who I trust more believe that defensive sliders work normally on both sides.

As a result of this finding, a guy over there has produced a slider set that is getting some early very positive feedback including generating more pass rush on both sides (he has human pass blocking down to 25.) He has human QB accuracy at 40 which is lowering QB percentages some as well. I think I'll probably try an even lower QB accuracy setting.

That sounds rather positive. Do you have a link?
Old 07-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #856
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Icy put a link to the whole thread in his post which is right above mine.

The slider set is towards the end of the whole discussion about the sliders and the issues with them.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-17-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 AM   #857
Galaxy
Coordinator

I can't do anything lately. Must be one of those weeks.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-19-2008 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 10:48 AM   #858
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Yeah I tried the copy button and clicking in the box to copy... It selects all the text but then when I post it here it looks like this...

I was having this problem yesterday.

Go into your control panel
open Edit options
change settings at the bottom in misc options to standard editing.

This fixed it for me.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:23 PM   #859
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
As a result of this finding, a guy over there has produced a slider set that is getting some early very positive feedback including generating more pass rush on both sides (he has human pass blocking down to 25.) He has human QB accuracy at 40 which is lowering QB percentages some as well. I think I'll probably try an even lower QB accuracy setting.
I'd recommend even trying 35 for QB accuracy. I went with that yesterday and could still throw it a good 40 yards or so and was seeing better results. Also be sure to drop WR catching for both teams. You can go pretty low on that without seeing excessive drops.

Last edited by Phototropic : 07-17-2008 at 12:23 PM.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #860
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Just opened the game, popped it in and played my first game. I got my ass kicked. IT WAS AWESOME!

I haven't played a console football game in years, that is by far the best football game I have ever played on a console. I think everyone should take a few years off of sports games since everyone demands perfection now.

I was WSU, against Idaho. Yes I lost 55-32. It was close for a while and then I started feeling more comfortable with the controls and then had me doing stupid things. I threw 3 INTs with adjusted sliders, and they were just crap passes. Really crap passes. With the sliders adjusted how a saw in the OS thread I have no complaints about that game. Now I just need to learn all those damn controls....
Old 07-17-2008, 03:51 PM   #861
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Anybody up for a game? I'll chill in the FOFC lobby room, password trout, just in case. I'm gamertag BVest1121.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #862
Izulde
Head Coach

I had NCAA 09 PS3 in my hand, was walking to the checkout with it and another game because of an e-mail coupon that has $10 off if you spend $75 or more on video games and/or video game accessories.

Then I thought, "This is stupid. I'll probably never play it enough to justify the price tag, I'm sure something about the game will piss me off and while I like Playstation Online's freeness, not many FOFCers will have the PS3 version, certainly not enough for an online league and I'm not going to pay per month for an XBox Live Gold to play the 360 version."

So I took both games back. I've got a week to mull over it yet.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 05:51 PM   #863
wade moore
lolzcat

I opened the lobby room up. If you go in there and I don't answer I'm going to be in and out doing stuff around the house while no one is around to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:30 PM   #864
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I have created the room again.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 06:37 PM   #865
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Damnit, I wanna go home and play.. at least I can go home in (checks clock).. 6 and 1 half hours? CRAP.
Old 07-17-2008, 06:58 PM   #866
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Where's the FOFC PS3 room?!?

:crickets:
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:16 PM   #867
Kodos
Resident Alien

**chirp**

**chirp-chirp**

**chirp**
Old 07-17-2008, 07:18 PM   #868
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Wade Moore and I just wrapped a game. My California Golden Bears beat his Virginia Cavaliers 23-14. Each side had a pick six, and I held off a late rally by Wade to get the win. Good first game. Thanks, Wade!
Old 07-17-2008, 07:25 PM   #869
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
Now I just need to learn all those damn controls....

It's hard switching over from the old PS2 control system to the current one I've found, running the ball especially. It's only been a few games though so I'll get used to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Where's the FOFC PS3 room?!?

:crickets:

My PS3 and router don't get along, I don't get it. PC, Wii, and DS all connect without any troubles but whatever I try fails with the PS3. Once I get it all figured out I'll be in for some online games.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:26 PM   #870
CraigSca
Pro Starter

You'll all be chirping when you get your RRODs!

(only reason I got mine on the PS3 - kids play the 360 almost every day)
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 07:31 PM   #871
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Wade Moore and I just wrapped a game. My California Golden Bears beat his Virginia Cavaliers 23-14. Each side had a pick six, and I held off a late rally by Wade to get the win. Good first game. Thanks, Wade!

I paused early in the game because I think I want to use my Freshman QB in the Dynasty.

I put him in and really struggled with how differently he threw than my other guy.

Good game - you're quite good for not having played online before.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 07-17-2008, 07:49 PM   #872
Groundhog
Coordinator

Still waiting for play-asia to get their copies to ship out.
Old 07-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #873
BigDPW
College Prospect

Thanks Mike... Here are the pics and vids I wanted to show off...

Random Pics:

From my game (NCSU) vs. Wade (UVA)

From my game at ECU (vs. AI)

BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:55 PM   #874
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have to say it again, the deep ball is so much better in this years version.....Here's a nice touch pass - Hall to Collie.

BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 08:58 PM   #875
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Well now. We got our internet going today as well as the game. Unfortunately, in the only two online games I've played I've gotten the dirty disc error both times.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:03 PM   #876
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
I agree, the PS 3 version already seems a lot than last year and 60 FPS make a huge difference. I will hopefully get to play a couple more games tonight....

Do we have anything going for FOFC PS3 players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
If there is, that might push me to picking this up.

I am sure we can get at least 8 for a dynasty, I would hope. A couple of my buddies have PS 3's if we need people to fill it out.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:20 PM   #877
KWhit
Coordinator

Had a fun game with Wade earlier tonight. Unfortunately we lost connection with about 20 seconds left to go in the game. The game was no longer in doubt, luckily.

Good game Wade.

But I have to say the pick 6's and the coverage in this game are out of control. In the game there were 2 INTs returned for TDs and 2 kickoffs returned for TDs as well (and those happened back-to-back, on by wade and then one immediately by me).
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:26 PM   #878
Jon
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14
I agree, the PS 3 version already seems a lot than last year and 60 FPS make a huge difference. I will hopefully get to play a couple more games tonight....

Do we have anything going for FOFC PS3 players?

I am sure we can get at least 8 for a dynasty, I would hope. A couple of my buddies have PS 3's if we need people to fill it out.

I have it for PS3. I might be able to play in a league.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 09:59 PM   #879
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hmmm, can't seem to get it to post. Oh well.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 10:42 PM   #880
Kodos
Resident Alien

Anyone up for a game right now?
Old 07-18-2008, 12:23 AM   #881
RainMaker
General Manager

I think you guys sold me on the game. I love the ability to upload videos of the game.

Quick question though. Do you need to link your gamertag to your EA account to do this with the videos? I've never been able to link the two as EA's website is about as inadequete as it gets. I guess since I had a classic EA account it is all screwed up and their support is about as good as most of their games these days.

In any event, the video part has sold me on this but just want to make sure I'd be able to actually use it.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:07 AM   #882
Icy
Pro Starter

I should receive the PS3 version later today (with luck) or tomorrow, as DHL tracking website says it's already in Spain (shipped from Canada).

The problem is that i'm on holidays right now, so i have the PS3 here but not connected to the net and won't be back at home until mid August or so. Once i'm back at home i'll search for you guys to play online. In the mean time i'll play mainly Campus Legend that is my fav mode.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:22 AM   #883
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I paused early in the game because I think I want to use my Freshman QB in the Dynasty.

I put him in and really struggled with how differently he threw than my other guy.

Good game - you're quite good for not having played online before.

yeah, I didn't fully grasp the pausing situation, it being my first time and all. I thought maybe I had paused it on accident, so I hit "resume" and then it started counting down. I felt bad because I imagine you had something to tend to, but then I hit it started counting down and you had to let your wife girlfriend carry in the groceries by herself. Ha. Anyhow..yeah it was fun playing you. You are a quality opponent.

I'll be around until about 4 pacific standard time tomorrow (today) if anyone would be willing to give me a game. I want to break Stanford in and see if I have any hope in hell of being competitive with them against a non-CPU adversary.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:04 AM   #884
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Test.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:15 AM   #885
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
I think you guys sold me on the game. I love the ability to upload videos of the game.

Quick question though. Do you need to link your gamertag to your EA account to do this with the videos? I've never been able to link the two as EA's website is about as inadequete as it gets. I guess since I had a classic EA account it is all screwed up and their support is about as good as most of their games these days.

In any event, the video part has sold me on this but just want to make sure I'd be able to actually use it.

Yes, you must link your gamertag to your EA account. I only tried this a year ago, and it went very smoothly for me.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:17 AM   #886
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

For those that are interested, here's a pretty good list of the gameplay issues that have been discovered in the game.

http://blog.digitalsportspage.com/
Old 07-18-2008, 07:48 AM   #887
RedKingGold
College Starter

Congrats Missou. You are the newest member of my ignore list.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:12 AM   #888
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
yeah, I didn't fully grasp the pausing situation, it being my first time and all. I thought maybe I had paused it on accident, so I hit "resume" and then it started counting down. I felt bad because I imagine you had something to tend to, but then I hit it started counting down and you had to let your wife girlfriend carry in the groceries by herself. Ha. Anyhow..yeah it was fun playing you. You are a quality opponent.

I'll be around until about 4 pacific standard time tomorrow (today) if anyone would be willing to give me a game. I want to break Stanford in and see if I have any hope in hell of being competitive with them against a non-CPU adversary.

Yeah. I have the freshman QB set as the starter on my machine, but it doesn't translate to Online Play apparently - unless maybe it's because you started the game. Idano, but either way - it was confusing. I thought about using the mic to explain, but figured with you not having one it would be a pain in the ass.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2008, 08:17 AM   #889
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thanks for fixing the thread, SkyDog!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:31 AM   #890
BigDPW
College Prospect

Played a good game and a half vs. Mike last night... We made it to the 2nd half with me up 6-0 (NCSU vs UNC) and the servers booted us both but neither of us lost our connection with Live?

2nd game was a good one. Same teams. I ended up going up 13-7 on a 2nd half TD. Mike had a chance to win it with a throw to the endzone with 22 secs left and I picked it in the endzone...

Great opponent. We both nust need to work on our touch/lob passed on corner routes and fly routes. We each had a couple of times where we had players free behind the D and just didn't lob it up enough and a LB or Safety short of them knocked it down.

Here are some highlights...

Big Screen pass with a juke em...

A sweet INT return where my LB was able to lateral to a CB prior to the end of the play... I really thought I might break it from the default view...

Pic of my INT to seal the game.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:42 AM   #891
Kodos
Resident Alien

This video pretty much sums up my night. I was terrible, and HA definitely had himself a good night. The video is actually from a different ass-kicking. I assume HA will post some from our game momentarily. Lotsa highlights on his side. My highlight was scoring a late TD to avoid the offensive shutout.

GG, HA.

Old 07-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #892
Kodos
Resident Alien

These pictures and videos could make for an awesome dynasty.
Old 07-18-2008, 08:52 AM   #893
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
These pictures and videos could make for an awesome dynasty.

EF27 did something like that with last year's version if I remember correctly.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:19 AM   #894
Cringer
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
For those that are interested, here's a pretty good list of the gameplay issues that have been discovered in the game.

http://blog.digitalsportspage.com/

And so much more about the game seems to be very realistic and right on. These games will never be perfect, as I have said before if they could be then someone would have put out that perfect game by now. I understand not liking EA, I don't like them which is why I blinked and noticed I had not bought or played a console football game in 3-4 years.

With that said, after two games (moved the sliders to match the ones EF27 pointed out yesterday before I even played one game) I love the game and am ready to dive into a career game I think. This is the best console football game I have ever played. Could it be better? Sure, so could every other game though as well.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:54 AM   #895
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

Quote:
Thanks Mike... Here are the pics and vids I wanted to show off...

Random Pics:

From my game (NCSU) vs. Wade (UVA)

EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/CIMP/bT*xJmx*PTEyMTYzNDIxNDgyODEmcHQ9MTIxNjM*MjE1MDA5MyZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jm49Jmc9MQ==.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/CIMP/bT*xJmx*PTEyMTYzNDIyMDA1NzgmcHQ9MTIxNjM*MjIwMjczNCZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jm49Jmc9MQ==.jpg[/IMG]

From my game at ECU (vs. AI)

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/CIMP/bT*xJmx*PTEyMTYzNDE4NDUwOTMmcHQ9MTIxNjM*MjAwOTc4MSZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jm49Jmc9MQ==.jpg[/IMG]

CLIPPING! (1st video right after the INT)
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:55 AM   #896
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cringer View Post
And so much more about the game seems to be very realistic and right on. These games will never be perfect, as I have said before if they could be then someone would have put out that perfect game by now. I understand not liking EA, I don't like them which is why I blinked and noticed I had not bought or played a console football game in 3-4 years.

With that said, after two games (moved the sliders to match the ones EF27 pointed out yesterday before I even played one game) I love the game and am ready to dive into a career game I think. This is the best console football game I have ever played. Could it be better? Sure, so could every other game though as well.

I can certainly understand your situation. I played WWSM05 for three years before finally upgrading to WWSM08. It was obviously a wonderful surprise regarding how much had been added over those three years. What you're playing now is a vast upgrade over what you played previously.

I have no problem with people enjoying the game. It's all up to the individual in the end. What I have a major problem with is the fact that this development team goes out every year and tells us that they've 'listened to the users' and 'addressed the previous AI issues' and 'fixed the bugs'. The testing team is NOT doing a good job at all on this game and they should be called out for it. Check out this quote from over at the OS forums from the EA developer:

Quote:
What the testers seem to think is CPU sliders don't do anything. The Human sliders change the Human AI and the CPU AI concurrently. They are now updating their test plans to cover this better so bugs like this will get caught in the future.

Are you f'n KIDDING ME???? What kind of test plan was in place that would miss sliders that were obviously broken???? The consumer deserves better if they're going to plop down $60 each and every year for the game. My beef is with EA, not with anyone buying the game. If there wasn't an exclusive license, people would have other choices, but they don't.
Old 07-18-2008, 09:56 AM   #897
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe View Post
CLIPPING! (1st video right after the INT)

No clipping!! Initial contact was made in the front
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:59 AM   #898
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
This video pretty much sums up my night. I was terrible, and HA definitely had himself a good night. The video is actually from a different ass-kicking. I assume HA will post some from our game momentarily. Lotsa highlights on his side. My highlight was scoring a late TD to avoid the offensive shutout.

GG, HA.

The talent discrepancy between Indiana and Florida probably didn't help.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:18 AM   #899
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah. I've been sticking with Indiana regardless of the opponent. Sometimes I've been able to win, sometimes it has ended badly. I was actually winning at the half, but then things went to hell, with two return TDs and a 99-yard run that came on the play after the video shown above. So instead of me getting the TD that I was inches away from, my opponent got a TD. That was the backbreaker.
Old 07-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #900
Logan
Head Coach

Just opened up fofc/trout for anyone looking to play.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote