Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-19-2008, 05:12 PM   #851
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I agree, but DC linked herself to nfg22 when she defended him day 1. I think from a pure WW aspect we find out more by lynching one of them.

Lathum, you're putting a lot of stock into nothing.

Seriously.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #852
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
is there anyone who has not been scanned at all? I can certainly help get a duplicate scan in on them with you if there are any. I'm tired of Lathum getting all the attention

I posted a list of people who were not scanned N0 a while back. In fact, it was in reply to one of your posts.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:14 PM   #853
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
Well with Path clarifying that neither the Teacher's Pet nor the Class Clown know their true roles I'm more inclined to vote no lynch so we don't eliminate a very useful role at this point. I think we should try and at least get one more day of data points either as a group or as individuals IMO

Or we can vote for one of the two people that we know is not either one.

Also, now that we know the teacher's pet doesn't know his identity, I'm putting a stop to my plan, which was to make sure nfg gets lynched tonight. Since Pumpy was so sure of his scan, I thought he was hinting to being the teacher's pet, but if he doesn't know, that theory is out the window.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:17 PM   #854
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Or we can vote for one of the two people that we know is not either one.

You made this argument before, and I still don't understand - with only one person's identity revealed, how can we be sure that anybody is neither the Pet nor the Fool?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:20 PM   #855
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
While I'd say your right, I guess the way I'd look at that is that you're much much LESS likely to be a wolf than our other people. I mean let's say we're all, on average, a 1/3rd correct Seer. So 2/3rds of the time we're wrong. With 4 scans of a 1/3rd seer, it's less than 20% chance you're a bad guy.

Sure, if I was voting for good-guys maybe that isn't enough, but I look at it right now as you'd be in the pile of "People I don't need to worry a ton about"

KnowwhatI'msayin'?

I'd like to see how you arrived at that "less than 20%" figure.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:28 PM   #856
RendeR
Coordinator

One thing bothers me about all our assumptions. based on statistical probability, the average scanning ability SHOULD equal 50% for the entire group of us.

But since its rolled randomly, thats not necessarily true now is it?

What if the random rolls for our skill levels were all under 50%? Or all Over 50%? How the hell can we really build any type of theories when we just don't know?
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #857
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Exactly. Allegedly all 3 of us scanned Grey and got a result that he was Good and he ended up Good.

I thought you were eliminating N0 scans?
Old 02-19-2008, 05:29 PM   #858
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I posted a list of people who were not scanned N0 a while back. In fact, it was in reply to one of your posts.

I meant after N1 pass, sorry.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:31 PM   #859
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliegirl View Post
OK, but you can't use this logic AND also say that we aren't going to give any credit to N0 scans. I'm not saying you, Cronin, are specifically one of the ones that said that b/c I'm kind of in a rush so I don't have time to go back and search for that post...but I remember someone said that we shouldn't "count" N0 scans at all. I'm just saying the logic can't go both ways...

No idea who to vote for at this point, but I agree that we have to lynch someone tonight.

Ah, I see olie's got my back. It was The Heinz who said he was eliminating N0 scans, then mentioned these "true" scans. I don't discount that the scans were good (I had already mentioned them a few pages ago), but I also didn't say anything about eliminating N0 scans.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #860
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
You made this argument before, and I still don't understand - with only one person's identity revealed, how can we be sure that anybody is neither the Pet nor the Fool?

You probably just tuned it out, since it involved N0 scans. Both CR and Mr. Wednesday scanned the same person N1 that they did N0, and their results were different.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #861
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
You probably just tuned it out, since it involved N0 scans. Both CR and Mr. Wednesday scanned the same person N1 that they did N0, and their results were different.

Gotcha.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 05:35 PM   #862
Lorena
Unregistered

Well, since we're discussing scans, wouldn't that be another reason to lynch Lathum, so we can have some idea of how it works? He's had the most scans of anyone out there.

For the record, I changed my mind and scanned Barkeep again just to see how this plays out.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:37 PM   #863
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
One thing bothers me about all our assumptions. based on statistical probability, the average scanning ability SHOULD equal 50% for the entire group of us.

But since its rolled randomly, thats not necessarily true now is it?

What if the random rolls for our skill levels were all under 50%? Or all Over 50%? How the hell can we really build any type of theories when we just don't know?

We're hoping to get an idea of someone's accuracy, through death. For example, we know that cronin, MikeVic, and The Heinz scanned grey. He came up good, and grey was good. So it's likely that their scans are higher.

Now as we get more data, we'll have a better base to build on. Tomorrow, some people might be 0/3 1/3 2/3 or 3/3, or in the case of CR and MW, they could be 1/4 2/4 or 3/4 -- the more data we get, the better our estimate of their skill will be.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:38 PM   #864
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
I meant after N1 pass, sorry.

I don't have that on me -- but I figured you could use that as a base to figure out who's never been scanned. I think I posted a list of N1 scans somewhere, with the only scan missing being cronin's scan of me.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:45 PM   #865
oliegirl
Head Cheerleader

Location: Caught somewhere between Raising Hell and Amazing Grace...
VOTE NFG22

I'm usually suspicious of Lathum, but I just don't see it right now...might come back to bite me in the ass, but for now, it makes a lot more sense to me to vote for NFG. I think he's made some mistakes, and if he is a wolf, they are common "rookie wolf" mistakes, the same ones I made the 1st (and only) time I was a wolf. I'm also suspicious of DC, but am willing to give her the beneift of the doubt right now.
oliegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 PM   #866
saldana
Pro Starter

i havent played with nfg before that i recall, so part of this is my own applied value to players, but a bigger part of it is the bit from yesterday...i have voted for (and led) lynches on day 2 based on alot less...i would have been equally as comfortable voting DC....the ridiculous graphic and outburst when no one had even voted for her yet was the kind of over the top reaction i have seen wolves pull bunches of times. (and even done myself)

vote nfg
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:50 PM   #867
st.cronin
General Manager

7-4 nfg now.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #868
Lorena
Unregistered

Soooooo..... everyone's voting nfg because.... what again?

I have a terrible way of getting my point across because no one seems to get what I'm saying. How many people scanned nfg? 1 person? how many people scanned barkeep? 4 people? how many people scanned lathum? was it 6? I mean if information is what we're going after, wouldn't it make sense to lynch the person who's had the most scans on them?

If we're lynching nfg because he made a "mistake", that's a very poor excuse, imo. I'm not defending the guy, i'm just saying if we want answers to the mechanics of how the scans work, we should look for alternative.

if nfg goes down and is a villager, what have learned? nothing.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:52 PM   #869
st.cronin
General Manager

Dunno if this is important, but the two players Pass pointed out as being "safe" votes haven't yet voted.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 05:53 PM   #870
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Can someone show me what mistakes I made, so I know in the future how not to get caught? Oh wait. I forgot Im not a wolf. Seriously, what persay mistakes did I make? I used the words even though...that is all.
nfg22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:55 PM   #871
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
i havent played with nfg before that i recall, so part of this is my own applied value to players, but a bigger part of it is the bit from yesterday...i have voted for (and led) lynches on day 2 based on alot less...i would have been equally as comfortable voting DC....the ridiculous graphic and outburst when no one had even voted for her yet was the kind of over the top reaction i have seen wolves pull bunches of times. (and even done myself)

vote nfg

yes, you lead the charget to get me lynched because I sent DT an IM as a reminder to vote.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:56 PM   #872
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
yes, you lead the charget to get me lynched because I sent DT an IM as a reminder to vote.

yeah, that was wolf-like behavior. lol

out 4 da night.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:02 PM   #873
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Soooooo..... everyone's voting nfg because.... what again?

I have a terrible way of getting my point across because no one seems to get what I'm saying. How many people scanned nfg? 1 person? how many people scanned barkeep? 4 people? how many people scanned lathum? was it 6? I mean if information is what we're going after, wouldn't it make sense to lynch the person who's had the most scans on them?

If we're lynching nfg because he made a "mistake", that's a very poor excuse, imo. I'm not defending the guy, i'm just saying if we want answers to the mechanics of how the scans work, we should look for alternative.

if nfg goes down and is a villager, what have learned? nothing.

bold is mine

if you arent defending him, what exactly do you call what it is you have been doing all day...someone has to get lynched...thats how this works

you havent provided any reason to vote for anyone else, or a legitimate reason NOT to vote for nfg...all you have said is you dont think our reasons are good enough....fine...i dont think your reasoning that my reasons arent good enough are good enough.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:05 PM   #874
st.cronin
General Manager

Saldana, I don't want to speak for DC, but her point about lynching somebody with more than one scan is certainly reasonable.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 06:09 PM   #875
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Can I just say it now? You are all being duped and I will give four answers why.

1) Reasonably we want to figure out who is reliable. Lathum has the most votes, he provides the best opportunity.

2)We also want to vote for someone that has a few wolf votes. Yes, I know they arent reliable but if they are we just let one get away. Lathum has three wolf votes against him.

3) Not only am I not a wolf but I offered everyone to scan me. Lathum...umm...didnt.

4) Not only are you all voting against me, but it is because Lathum(the lead candidate) told you all to. Does anyone think he is biased?

I realize I am biased, but I also am right. Now if you vote for me, just promise you will kill him tommorow when you find my true identity pls thx.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:22 PM   #876
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
As for you, I am actually hoping you are a wolf - otherwise I think we lose the teacher's pet tonight. Or, another possibility is that one of the wolves has an ability to distort scans in some way. I guess I'm just a little weirded out by your scan results last night.

That's fine be weirded out. But your paranoia that we're going to lose the teacher's pet because of some masterstroke by the wolves does not seem grounded in reality. I'm not saying we won't lose the tp/cc but I'd assign it a lower probability than you (and probably substantially so).
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:23 PM   #877
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
7-4 nfg now.

Who has 4? I see 3 for DC and 3 for Lathum.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:24 PM   #878
st.cronin
General Manager

You're right, Pass, my mistake. 3 each for DC and Lathum.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 06:25 PM   #879
st.cronin
General Manager

For the record, I think nfg makes a compelling defense. This vote does not seem likely to be helpful, in my estimation.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 06:26 PM   #880
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
For the record, I think nfg makes a compelling defense. This vote does not seem likely to be helpful, in my estimation.

Let's do it, bra.

UNVOTE CHIEF RUM
VOTE LATHUM
Old 02-19-2008, 06:27 PM   #881
MikeVic
Head Coach

The way I see it right now is:
-If nfg's lynch sticks and he ends up villager, I trust DC more and will pay close attention to Lathum.
-If nfg's lynch sticks and he comes back wolf, I don't trust DC.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:28 PM   #882
st.cronin
General Manager

In the case of a close vote, I'll throw my vote behind one of Pass, Lathum, or Barkeep.

UNVOTE PASSACAGLIA
VOTE LATHUM

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 06:31 PM   #883
st.cronin
General Manager

nfg22 - 7 - Pumpy Tudors(598), Bsak16(628), MikeVic (757), claphamsa (770), Lathum (830), oliegirl (865), saldana (866)
Lathum - 5 - nfg22 (787), Barkeep49 (791), DodgerChick (800), Passacaglia (880), st.cronin (882)
No Lynch - 3 - mauboy1(733), The Jackal(736), SnDvls (762)
Passacaglia - 1 - ntndeacon(738)
Dodgerchick - 1 - jeheinz72 (764)

No vote: RendeR, Chief Rum, Mr. Wednesday

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #884
RendeR
Coordinator

So I read this as 5-5 now?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:32 PM   #885
RendeR
Coordinator

Doh, nevermind =)
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #886
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Pay close attention? When I turn up a villager you will pay close attention? Are you serious? Lathum has been dead set against me with no info other then as a scapegoat. Mike...What evidence does he have against me? one wolf vote. What do I have against him? 3 wolf votes....
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #887
RendeR
Coordinator

Let's make this closer and see what shakes out.

VOTE LATHUM
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #888
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Wolf scans aren't evidence of anything.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 06:33 PM   #889
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Saldana, Claph....I cleared both of you...how are you still against me?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #890
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Wednesday View Post

If they are wolf scans and I am a wolf...then why didnt I hop on board? You deny information by mere assumption that they are wolf scans...This is ridiculous. I hope you are sorry tonight at 10.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:35 PM   #891
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:

That seems a bit hyperbolic.

knives out
Old 02-19-2008, 06:37 PM   #892
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfg22 View Post
Can I just say it now? You are all being duped and I will give four answers why.

1) Reasonably we want to figure out who is reliable. Lathum has the most votes, he provides the best opportunity.

2)We also want to vote for someone that has a few wolf votes. Yes, I know they arent reliable but if they are we just let one get away. Lathum has three wolf votes against him.

3) Not only am I not a wolf but I offered everyone to scan me. Lathum...umm...didnt.

4) Not only are you all voting against me, but it is because Lathum(the lead candidate) told you all to. Does anyone think he is biased?

I realize I am biased, but I also am right. Now if you vote for me, just promise you will kill him tommorow when you find my true identity pls thx.

1)this is not incorrect

2)this is not incorrect

3)he certainly did...numerous times...he offered himself, and offered zero resistance when he was placed on the "scan list"....you on the other hand, showed regret at the possibility of being scanned

4)no he didnt...he wanted people to vote for dodgerchick...the only reason he is voting for you is because no one wanted to follow him and more people were picking you without his, or anyone elses, encouragement.

nice defense...next time actually try having your facts straight....you keep saying you arent a wolf, but half-truths like this are the staples of wolves trying to get themselves off the hook
Old 02-19-2008, 06:39 PM   #893
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Pay close attention? When I turn up a villager you will pay close attention? Are you serious? Lathum has been dead set against me with no info other then as a scapegoat. Mike...What evidence does he have against me? one wolf vote. What do I have against him? 3 wolf votes....

nfg22 - 7 - Pumpy Tudors(598), Bsak16(628), MikeVic (757), claphamsa (770), Lathum (830), oliegirl (865), saldana (866)
Lathum - 5 - nfg22 (787), Barkeep49 (791), DodgerChick (800), Passacaglia (880), st.cronin (882)

i will say it again...lots of other people were on you way before lathum was.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:40 PM   #894
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

They're no more valuable than villager scans, you mean? I can agree with that. But all the scans on Lathum have got to tell us something at the end of the day.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:41 PM   #895
nfg22
College Benchwarmer

Yeah...well why would I clear you and claph if I were a wolf?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:43 PM   #896
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:

Easy, to gain trust.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:44 PM   #897
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:

Wolves like to clear, or otherwise vouch for, villagers to:

a) gain the trust of the villager they're clearing
b) drop hints that they are the seer (in a game with just one seer)
Old 02-19-2008, 06:45 PM   #898
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
1)this is not incorrect

2)this is not incorrect

3)he certainly did...numerous times...he offered himself, and offered zero resistance when he was placed on the "scan list"....you on the other hand, showed regret at the possibility of being scanned

4)no he didnt...he wanted people to vote for dodgerchick...the only reason he is voting for you is because no one wanted to follow him and more people were picking you without his, or anyone elses, encouragement.

nice defense...next time actually try having your facts straight....you keep saying you arent a wolf, but half-truths like this are the staples of wolves trying to get themselves off the hook
Could you elaborate on 1 & 2?
Old 02-19-2008, 06:46 PM   #899
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Wolves like to clear, or otherwise vouch for, villagers to:

a) gain the trust of the villager they're clearing
b) drop hints that they are the seer (in a game with just one seer)
But dropping in people as a wolf has all sorts of advantages that clearing people don't have.
Old 02-19-2008, 06:47 PM   #900
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
They're no more valuable than villager scans, you mean? I can agree with that. But all the scans on Lathum have got to tell us something at the end of the day.

I agree with you there, my main concern is that I think Lathum's had a lot of positive contributions in the short time that this game has been underway, and I'm not thrilled about losing him. In particular, I don't like the way that he's been maneuvered into being the "best information" candidate. I don't know that there's anything untoward there, but there's good cover for it.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote