Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-25-2007, 09:32 AM   #851
hoopsguy
General Manager

Arlington, can your reveal demonstrate value to us by this point in the game?

I'm not trying to pick on you, but you are in the thread right now to have the conversation. Anxiety has lived two days with a public reveal that puts him in line for a person to eliminate to get the 1:1 ratio. You have lived for one day with a public reveal that puts you in line for a person to eliminate to get the 1:1 ratio. Lathum has lived for one day with a public reveal that he is the bodyguard.

I'm pretty skeptical that all three of you are on my team (Olympians). So I'm hoping that you and Anxiety can give us more to work with today, given that you have both had two nights to use your powers for our benefit already.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 09:35 AM   #852
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Titans: You will win the game if you eliminate Zeus, Hades, Poseidon from the game as well as have a 1:1 Titan to Olympian ratio. Note: this does include Titans that are sympathetic to the Olympians cause as a Titan in this ratio.

They need both the 1:1 ratio and three specific players off the board.

On night one they opted not to take an Olympian off the board. Why?

On night two they opted not to take either of two Olympians or the bodyguard off the board. Why? This night makes more sense to me than the first if they felt BK was too trusted and too dangerous a player to leave in that position. But if BK was a human they would have been in a bad spot in terms of victory conditions.
Old 10-25-2007, 09:48 AM   #853
hoopsguy
General Manager

Also, we are down three Olympians and one Titan so far. No humans, monsters, or "good Titans" (if such a thing is in the game) off the board.

I'm guessing we are OK from a ratio perspective, but I'm hoping that one of the night kills comes up as non-Olympian at some point.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:06 AM   #854
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Racer, you've been on and off the thread. You haven't answered hoopsguy's question.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:08 AM   #855
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hoops asked racer a question? I thought he asked AC.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:14 AM   #856
hoopsguy
General Manager

I've asked questions of lots of people. The question to Racer was asking him to describe how NTN's power worked against him.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:20 AM   #857
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Racer, can you give us a heads-up on how NTN's power worked since he put his action towards you?

Here's the specific question. I think Racer shedding some light into the matter would be good.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:21 AM   #858
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Oh shoot. I remember that now. Yeah, I'd like to know more about that.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:23 AM   #859
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Back from the Minotaur's lair - I was kidnapped and placed there. Based on how I read the PM, I don't believe that the Minotaur is a player in the game but instead is a power someone has to remove a person from the game.

With two people removed on Day 1, I have a sneaking suspicion that one was a good guy using a power. But neither Medusa nor a Minotaur sound all that benevolent ...

Hoops, regarding the first part of this post, are you saying that the Minotaur isn't a role? Since Medusa is also classified under the same category as the Minotaur, would you think that Medusa is also not a role, but a usable power?

AlanT's PM didn't give me very much to work on, and I was basically informed that I was petrified for the entire day yesterday, unable to vote and/or use my actions.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:25 AM   #860
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlingtonColt View Post
Well I'm finally back in the thread after "date night" and just passing out when I got home. Anyways yesterday was pretty terrible for us. I am really not sure if I'm making the right play with my power, but hopefully soon you will see something from me that will put me in the CoT. I put my vote on Lathum yesterday, because when I left he was the only one with any other than myself and I had to try there. I will be around all day today so I can make a more informed vote (unless I'm forced to self preserve). ATM I'm leaning strongly towards Telle. Both of her votes have come at the end of the voting cycle and to the leading vote getter. It just screams "tagalong" wolf to me.

Arlington, do you have any idea when or how we're goig to see this power of your that will put you in the CoT?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:30 AM   #861
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Racer, can you give us a heads-up on how NTN's power worked since he put his action towards you?

I never got a pm about it. I'm guessing he wasn't able to use his power on me because he was lynched before he could do it.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #862
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I think we have both monsters in the game. I don't think they are powers. Alan listed them in the roles section...so I think we have two or more (Kraken? Though it would seem unbalanced to have three flippin monsters, shoot two is enough) of them here.

Who knows what they're trying to do.

My first thought was Neon went to check up on someone and it turned out to be Medusa.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:31 AM   #863
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I would have revealed my role on Day 2, had I not been petrified. At this point, I am just uncomfortable with the way role reveals have happened.

As it is, people are revealing roles without thought as to the consequences of their reveals.

For one, you're only helping the Titans. You're cutting down the field of players that the Titans can go select their night kills off of, and pick one of the big three from. As it is, they've already hit Zeus. By Anxiety, Lathum, and AC revealing their roles, they basically trimmed down potential targets for the Titans.

If you're going to do a role-reveal, might as well come clean with it. Anxiety and AC's "I have an ability, but I won't say what it is" is just too vague.

At some point, people will have to be willing to go down with their roles, if only to protect the remaining two of the big three and help the village for the better good, and not think about saving their own ass.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:32 AM   #864
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
I never got a pm about it. I'm guessing he wasn't able to use his power on me because he was lynched before he could do it.
I don't think so. NTN said he used it on you.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:33 AM   #865
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post
I would have revealed my role on Day 2, had I not been petrified. At this point, I am just uncomfortable with the way role reveals have happened.

As it is, people are revealing roles without thought as to the consequences of their reveals.

For one, you're only helping the Titans. You're cutting down the field of players that the Titans can go select their night kills off of, and pick one of the big three from. As it is, they've already hit Zeus. By Anxiety, Lathum, and AC revealing their roles, they basically trimmed down potential targets for the Titans.

If you're going to do a role-reveal, might as well come clean with it. Anxiety and AC's "I have an ability, but I won't say what it is" is just too vague.

At some point, people will have to be willing to go down with their roles, if only to protect the remaining two of the big three and help the village for the better good, and not think about saving their own ass.

Agreed. This party is sucking.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:36 AM   #866
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Just a quick game note. I'll be out between 4pm EST until close to deadline (or even a few minutes after deadline) tonight. If anyone has any questions or time sensitive actions, try to get them in before 4 EST. Anything i receive while I am away will still be valid retroactive to when I received it as long as it is before deadline (which is still the same time even if I am not back yet.)
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM   #867
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That reminds me, I have to file a police report (wife lost a 500 dollar digital camera) at the same town I'm going to pick up the tuxedo in. I'll probably be leaving in 2 hours or so. I'll be back sometime in the afternoon, just not sure when.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:38 AM   #868
Poli
FOFC Survivor

(lost = stolen)
Old 10-25-2007, 10:40 AM   #869
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
I used my power the 1st day on Pass. did not trust him. I was wrong obviously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
today used it on Racer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
I don't think so. NTN said he used it on you.

He said he used his day one AP points on Pass and his day two AP points on me so he must have been lynched before he could use his power on me.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:42 AM   #870
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Heh. My bad.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #871
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Telle, can you explain your train of thought when you placed what was supposed to be the "nail in the coffin" vote for Barkeep on Day 1? I think it's something that Barkeep asked you yesterday, and failed to answer.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:44 AM   #872
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
He said he used his day one AP points on Pass and his day two AP points on me so he must have been lynched before he could use his power on me.

Ah alright. I see your point. So, Racer, do you have any ideas forming right now as to who you have feelings of trust and those who you doubt?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:49 AM   #873
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Also, has anyone got any opinions on Schmidty? He's been pretty UTR for the past 2 days. Is he supposed to be busy?
Old 10-25-2007, 10:52 AM   #874
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sorry, was called into a mtg for an hour. i'm curious about anxiety's and AC's powers and if they have anything they can share of value.

Of course if you're one of the Big 2 I guess that puts you guys in an uncomfortable spot
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #875
RendeR
Coordinator

Hrm, this is a problem. I tried to use my ability again today and it turns out that for some rason (not explained to me) it did not succeed.

Color me perplexed.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 10:53 AM   #876
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Until I saw him in the thread earlier, I had just about forgot he was involved. Without looking back, I can't remember him posting other than his lynch votes.
Old 10-25-2007, 10:58 AM   #877
Poli
FOFC Survivor

In fact, for now:

VOTE SCHMIDTY

I don't want another flippin role reveal. I just want to hear more from you.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:00 AM   #878
Telle
College Starter

Ok, I'm FINALLY caught up with the past couple of days of posting.. and my spreadsheet is now up to date too. Hopefully I can keep up from this point forward.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #879
Poli
FOFC Survivor

1) Render
2) Barkeep - Killed Day 2 Zeus / Olympian
3) Chief Rum
4) PurdueBrad
5) St.Cronin
6) Neon_Chaos
7) Lathum
8) ntndeacon - Lynched Day 2 Dionysus / Olympian
9) ArlingtonColt
10) Passacaglia - Killed Day 1 Athena / Olympian
11) Telle
12) Hoopsguy
13) Path12 - Lynched Day 1 Cronus / Titan
14) Anxiety
15) Ardent_Enthusiast Schmidty
16) Racer
17) DaddyTorgo
18) Raiders Army
19) Schmidty

Schmidty- AE (1AP)

By the way, this is a 1 AP vote for now. I'll try and track the AP as well as order this time.

If the bold part bothers Alan or anyone, let me know, I can just italicize it.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:01 AM   #880
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Look... I understand the skepticism, but if I reveal an awesome ability don't you think that they will murder me in the night? Maybe my ability is some kind of powerup? Maybe it's a dud... I'm not really sure to be honest.

I was just hoping my reveal would land us another Titan on day 2 not let them have Zeus. If you feel like my power may be worthless then lynch me and kill a villager while you let the titans kill another villager and really be up shit's creek.
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:02 AM   #881
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Telle, can you explain your train of thought when you placed what was supposed to be the "nail in the coffin" vote for Barkeep on Day 1? I think it's something that Barkeep asked you yesterday, and failed to answer.

Well Anxiety had revealed and so I wanted to get my vote off of him. The way RendeR was so fervently leading the charge against path seemed a little suspicious to me so I didn't want to go there. And so I picked Barkeep.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:03 AM   #882
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ah alright. I see your point. So, Racer, do you have any ideas forming right now as to who you have feelings of trust and those who you doubt?

Well I think it’s unlikely Render, Daddy T, or you would vote against a fellow Titan on day one. As far as who not to trust, right now I’m still going off the people from Chief Rum’s analysis. In the only other game I’ve played I thought he did a great job of narrowing down the possible list of wolves.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:04 AM   #883
Poli
FOFC Survivor

That's an interesting...post.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #884
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Interesting post comment for arlington. I should have quoted.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #885
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Well Anxiety had revealed and so I wanted to get my vote off of him. The way RendeR was so fervently leading the charge against path seemed a little suspicious to me so I didn't want to go there. And so I picked Barkeep.

Actually, the path vote was spearheaded by BK, i just came long for the fun.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:05 AM   #886
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Interesting indeed.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #887
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Well I think it’s unlikely Render, Daddy T, or you would vote against a fellow Titan on day one. As far as who not to trust, right now I’m still going off the people from Chief Rum’s analysis. In the only other game I’ve played I thought he did a great job of narrowing down the possible list of wolves.

Actually.. it's a decent wolf tactic to hide your vote on another wolf. If Neon where a Titan, he probably would have felt safe keeping his vote on path because he didn't know that RendeR and DT would power-up their votes. Assuming that both barkeep and path would have maxed out their votes in interest of self-preservation (which would be a fair assumption to make), it would have been 10-7 barkeep.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:08 AM   #888
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Look... I understand the skepticism, but if I reveal an awesome ability don't you think that they will murder me in the night? Maybe my ability is some kind of powerup? Maybe it's a dud... I'm not really sure to be honest.

I was just hoping my reveal would land us another Titan on day 2 not let them have Zeus. If you feel like my power may be worthless then lynch me and kill a villager while you let the titans kill another villager and really be up shit's creek.

But by basically revealing, you have compromised the remaining two of the big three.

Bit the bullet, and take one for the team. Why are you so concerned about dying, when you're not one of the big three, and you've practically outed yourself as an Olympian? You're not their priority, and I doubt you'd become their priority even after revealing whatever powers you have.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #889
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

haha I thought you were talking about racers.. oops

What was so interesting about mine?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:10 AM   #890
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Actually, the path vote was spearheaded by BK, i just came long for the fun.

I was reading fast.. but there was definitely a feeling of "Come on everybody, let's lynch path! Who's with me?!?" And that was actually a great thing in the end, but at the time it was enough for me to not want to jump onto that train.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:11 AM   #891
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

Well it should also narrow down who might be a titan? Why give up villagers "for the sake of the village" when I look at it as a chance to take down a titan? I guess I'm too much of an optimist.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:12 AM   #892
Telle
College Starter

And why the big push for the revealers to reveal their powers? EVERYBODY has an action, so what would it prove?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:12 AM   #893
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
Actually.. it's a decent wolf tactic to hide your vote on another wolf. If Neon where a Titan, he probably would have felt safe keeping his vote on path because he didn't know that RendeR and DT would power-up their votes. Assuming that both barkeep and path would have maxed out their votes in interest of self-preservation (which would be a fair assumption to make), it would have been 10-7 barkeep.

Very true, Telle. Which is why I have never given myself the free pass. I've always deferred to DT and Render. You can scrutinize my actions and all my posts, in fact, I even welcome it, just so we can have active discussion.

Come to think of it, I am further in belief that DT and Render are good guys.

If path had maxed his points, yes, the count would have been 10-7 against Barkeep. The only way path would have died is if path received more than 10. Barkeep put in 4 points, Render says he put it 2, DT says he put in 4, and I put in one. 11 points. Enought to beat Cronus.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:13 AM   #894
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Arlington, I understand waht you're trying to say...it's just it sounds a tad too desperate for me.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:14 AM   #895
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I was just trying to save the village from a lynch. Lynch me if you want if you think it will better your cause.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #896
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
And why the big push for the revealers to reveal their powers? EVERYBODY has an action, so what would it prove?

If they have powers that can at least make the Titans turn their heads from searching for the remaining Big Two, then I would want them to say what their powers are and scare the Titans into trying to kill them rather than the big 2 remaining.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:15 AM   #897
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was just trying to save the village from a lynch. Lynch me if you want if you think it will better your cause.

That's such a cop out response.

Just remember that you're selling short on the village by trying to save your own skin.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:20 AM   #898
Telle
College Starter

And did anybody else notice that after Day 1 we had two (assumed) monster actions, and none after Day 2?

And any thoughts as to whose side the monsters or controllers of the monsters (depending on interpretation) they might be on? Or perhaps they have their own victory conditions?
Old 10-25-2007, 11:24 AM   #899
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Quote:
I was reading fast.. but there was definitely a feeling of "Come on everybody, let's lynch path! Who's with me?!?" And that was actually a great thing in the end, but at the time it was enough for me to not want to jump onto that train.

Basically you resigned yourself on day 1 to vote off a player who started a solid discussion about role reveals, rather than voting for a guy who was silent for the entire day and didn't contribute much.

It was actually funny how path12 "mysteriously" showed up at the moment when the votes were piling up on him.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:29 AM   #900
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Basically you resigned yourself on day 1 to vote off a player who started a solid discussion about role reveals, rather than voting for a guy who was silent for the entire day and didn't contribute much.

It was actually funny how path12 "mysteriously" showed up at the moment when the votes were piling up on him.

They were the two front-runners at the time (the votes against you didn't start piling up until after). I didn't feel good about the path votes, and didn't want to make a throw-away vote. Obviously in retrospect I made the wrong choice, but so did five other people.