Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-19-2007, 10:44 AM   #851
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Yeah, I'm not in a joking mood...and don't call me names. I'm sensitive like that.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #852
RendeR
Coordinator

Its odd, with all of Ardent's blathering in this game thus far, he has offered no real plausible deniability and no real information for the rest of us to work with, was an absentee Day one and continues to be a good choice to ship to mars for no other reason than we lost nothing either way if we do so.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #853
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast View Post
Let me guess, though, I'm too "smart" a player for that, though...yada yada yada.

I hate to engage in this, but you continually make this GAME into an issue of your personal character and it is getting uncomfortable.

I don't like that I have to decide whether or not you are smart or stupid just because I think you are on the opposite team. Seeing you threaten to quit because I don't believe what you are saying in a game where people are trying to decieve one another makes me feel like I should either ignore you completely or automatically assume you are good, because I am afraid to see how you will react if I think otherwise.

To me, this is just like playing basketball with my buddies. I may foul you while trying to block a shot or steal the ball, but I'm not purposely trying to hurt people. I'm trying to play the game.

I wish you would be a little more careful when you make people feel like they have to question your integrity or intelligence when we are playing with you. Most of us have known you (from FOFC) for a number of years and respect and like you quite a bit, which makes this all the more awkward.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #854
st.cronin
General Manager

ardent, leaving you and Swaggs out of it, do you have any other candidates?

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:45 AM   #855
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not in a joking mood...and don't call me names. I'm sensitive like that.

Don't be whiney, my kids are being whiney, it makes me cranky
Old 07-19-2007, 10:46 AM   #856
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Yeah I'm finding it hard to believe that neither AE nor Swaggs was scanned. Of course it sounds like the scans were on alternate nights, again suggesting to me we are dealing with two partial seers. So whoever scanned cronin might have gone against the grain thinking the other person was on task when really neither of them were.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:48 AM   #857
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Please remember to play nicely. We're getting close to the line in a couple of cases.

~BK, YFWWM
Old 07-19-2007, 10:49 AM   #858
Jonathan Ezarik
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Its odd, with all of Ardent's blathering in this game thus far, he has offered no real plausible deniability and no real information for the rest of us to work with, was an absentee Day one and continues to be a good choice to ship to mars for no other reason than we lost nothing either way if we do so.

I disagree. If you want AE out, I say let the Blade Runners take him out at night. That way we at least learn something. If we just ship him off, what do we learn?
Jonathan Ezarik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:50 AM   #859
Telle
College Starter

Would someone like to go back and look over Day 1? I seem to recall AE going on and on about how it would be a waste of a scan to scan him.. and as a replicant of course he wouldn't want to be scanned!
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #860
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Ok I just want to sort out the info we have at this point. Please correct or add to what I have:

St.cronin -- Claims to have been scanned by Holden Night 1. Knows name of player who is playing Holden.
Telle -- Claims to have been scanned Night 2. Does not know role, but knows name of player.
Swaggs & AE -- Claim to have same dream. Both claim not to have been scanned.

Is that all correct?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:51 AM   #861
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
This means that they can be absolutely trusted to act as a villager, because well they are unknowing (I see it unlikely that either of them would have converted since we've had a night kill each night). On the other hand they are a menace to the village in the long run. So AE and Swaggs are both among my most trusted and most likely that I'll vote for, if that makes sense.

But doesn't it say that Roy does the kills and maybe Pliss does the converting? (I forget offhand what the other one does) I wonder if they could do separate actions at night?
Old 07-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #862
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
I hate to engage in this, but you continually make this GAME into an issue of your personal character and it is getting uncomfortable.

I don't like that I have to decide whether or not you are smart or stupid just because I think you are on the opposite team. Seeing you threaten to quit because I don't believe what you are saying in a game where people are trying to decieve one another makes me feel like I should either ignore you completely or automatically assume you are good, because I am afraid to see how you will react if I think otherwise.

To me, this is just like playing basketball with my buddies. I may foul you while trying to block a shot or steal the ball, but I'm not purposely trying to hurt people. I'm trying to play the game.

I wish you would be a little more careful when you make people feel like they have to question your integrity or intelligence when we are playing with you. Most of us have known you (from FOFC) for a number of years and respect and like you quite a bit, which makes this all the more awkward.
I think you're going down a road you don't even have to. The comment you quoted had nothing to do with what you're talking about.

You need to get that game, where again you were wrong about me in, from two games ago out of your system.

I don't have anything against anyone. I'm just trying to defend myself against the accusations I have. I'm a plain jane human with nothing to offer. I have no insights, I'm no seer, no bodyguard, haven't been scanned, don't know nothing.

I just want to stick around and try and help if I can later. Fault me for trying to stick around, but I'm hardly trying to make this personal.

I thought about your basketball comment, sort of, last night in the FOFC/IHOF softball. I called our shortstop, "high speed" and made a joke about a little screw up he had the previous inning.

I certainly wasn't being malicious. I wasn't intending to be so with you when I called you numbskull. I'm sorry you took it that way. I've apologized. I'm not sure what else I can do for you short of sending you a blue mountain e-card.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #863
st.cronin
General Manager

A lot of people are assuming that the Blade Runners can just assassinate whoever they want. I'm not convinced it works that way. The rules say that Deckard is "good with a gun" or something. This could mean: That he can't be killed at night, that if he scans a replicant he gets to kill them, or even that he can avoid a lynch. It could also mean that he gets either to scan or kill. It could mean something else, as well.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #864
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
I disagree. If you want AE out, I say let the Blade Runners take him out at night. That way we at least learn something. If we just ship him off, what do we learn?

And the alternative to that is that maybe AE is the brutal wolf and they are hoping that a Blade Runner tries to kill him. Not a slam dunk, but if he was IDed, not out of the question.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:53 AM   #865
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Would someone like to go back and look over Day 1? I seem to recall AE going on and on about how it would be a waste of a scan to scan him.. and as a replicant of course he wouldn't want to be scanned!
Do your homework. Look that one up.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #866
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'm willing to bet I had two posts in day 1...ncaa and ncaa. Speaking of which, it's calling my name.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:56 AM   #867
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Ezarik View Post
If they escaped from Mars, they already know that they are replicants.

Good catch. I think we can close that theory.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:57 AM   #868
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Of course, and yes, I know...I can't bet.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:59 AM   #869
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Do your homework. Look that one up.

Well I'm trying to get SOME work done today But if no one else does it I'll look it up when I get home and post about it before the deadline.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #870
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll quote my own posts, just for you.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #871
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
I think you're going down a road you don't even have to. The comment you quoted had nothing to do with what you're talking about.

You need to get that game, where again you were wrong about me in, from two games ago out of your system.

I don't have anything against anyone. I'm just trying to defend myself against the accusations I have. I'm a plain jane human with nothing to offer. I have no insights, I'm no seer, no bodyguard, haven't been scanned, don't know nothing.

I just want to stick around and try and help if I can later. Fault me for trying to stick around, but I'm hardly trying to make this personal.

I thought about your basketball comment, sort of, last night in the FOFC/IHOF softball. I called our shortstop, "high speed" and made a joke about a little screw up he had the previous inning.

I certainly wasn't being malicious. I wasn't intending to be so with you when I called you numbskull. I'm sorry you took it that way. I've apologized. I'm not sure what else I can do for you short of sending you a blue mountain e-card.

Fair enough and I'm happy to let it go.

I honestly do not remember the game you are talking about where I falsely accused you. I can assure you I would not let one game interfere with another, as I obviously realize I may end up being on someone's team one game and against them next time.

I understand your wanting to defend yourself. I think, whether I am right or not, there is a fairly substantial case against you and I'm exploring that.

Anyway, my main point was that I wish you would appeal more with logic than emotion in these games, so I don't have to feel like I'm offending your character when I accuse you of being a wolf.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #872
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm out for work.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #873
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Good catch. I think we can close that theory.
If we're closing that theory I'm trying to think through the implications that would have on AE/Swaggs.

We can safely assume that KWhit was niether Decker nor holden. St.cronin says that holden is still in the game, and telle would presumably have stated that KWhit scanned her if Decker was no longer in the game.

So if AE or Swaggs was scanned that player is still in the game. They both claim they weren't scanned and since no one seems to be too doubtful of this, I'm willing to believe neither has been scanned.

Basically the only scenario I can come up with at this point is that one of the two of them is knowingly a replicant. If this is the case we pretty much need to lynch both of them to be safe. Am I missing something?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #874
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Yes. Also note that I was first. I believe Telle, but I ascribe the difference to the difference between Holden and Deckard. As JE points out, there's nothing in the rules about players scanned learning anything, or even knowing they were scanned. If you think I'm a replicant, you must assume that I was scanned by somebody, and will be outed.

When did you say you were scanned? JE's point about Ardent applies here too if it was night 1. You should be dead unless Holden tried to and failed.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:05 AM   #875
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
The test. I forgot about that part of the movie/game. That rocked. I need to find a copy of the game again.

There was a Blade Runner game?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:06 AM   #876
st.cronin
General Manager

I was scanned night 1.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #877
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Well I'm trying to get SOME work done today But if no one else does it I'll look it up when I get home and post about it before the deadline.

Quote:
Ardent, the tennis star human, checking in.

Quote:
This should be interesting. WW doesn't hold a candle to the time I'm goign to spend on NCAA '08. This is going to be a hard game to follow.

Quote:
Crap, I'm guessing I missed a deadline? Evil NCAA GAME!

Quote:
Blame the game, dude. The game. Well, that and work. Got work tomorrow. Believe it or not, in a "secret" animal testing facility in St. Louis. It breaks my heart to hear the dogs in that place. I hate going there. I think I'll be home all day Thursday and Friday, though.

Dang, one post and two votes. I am good.

I think mine was a dream, but I'll admit I barely read it. Tennis this and that. Heck, I had to double check to make sure the humans weren't the bad guys before I posted.

Took me forever to figure out when I posted this.

There you go telle. I even gift wrapped it.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:09 AM   #878
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
There was a Blade Runner game?
Correction: A flippin sweet blade runner game.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:11 AM   #879
st.cronin
General Manager

I'm not sure we can throw out the theory that one of ae/Swaggs is a potential convert. Maybe they didn't escape from Mars, but are nevertheless replicants?

At any rate, if you're willing to build your COT around me and Telle, then you should focus on voting for whoever we vote for, as its the only way to avoid voting for Deckard or Holden.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #880
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
That leaves:

3 unknown evil, as few as 6 unknown good or possibly as many as 8 unknown good.

Probably not good enough odds for people to out themselves just yet, but if we can get a few other scanned known goods out there, it would be better odds for us to be at a place to just open up and reveal who is good and who is left to choose from.

Could be less than 3 evil if we got lucky with either DT or bulletsponge.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #881
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I'm not sure we can throw out the theory that one of ae/Swaggs is a potential convert. Maybe they didn't escape from Mars, but are nevertheless replicants?

At any rate, if you're willing to build your COT around me and Telle, then you should focus on voting for whoever we vote for, as its the only way to avoid voting for Deckard or Holden.
It seems like the rules only allow for 3 replicants and that they escaped from Mars.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #882
RendeR
Coordinator

Things I believe to be true:

Blade Runners can do 1 action at night, scan or kill, not both.

AE and/or Swaggs HAVE been scanned.

Tyrell OR the engineeer has been eliminated. (DT)

Now barring some sort of real evidence otherwise, I'm going to start from there and build outward.

I THINK Telle is human, based on her sheer giddiness thus far. She's acting like an over-excited newbie, which, if I had believed I found a wolf in my first game, I would have acted like as well.

I'm now on the Fence about Cronin. While his reasoning is plausible, it is also a perfect defense for a replicant to play to keep himself alive. He's a devious wolf when he is one and this makes me distrust him.

Based on AE's continuing aversion to adding anything useful and his obvious lack of interest in exchange for his playing time on another video game I'm going to shift my vote. We lose nothing either way by removing AE.

UNVOTE CRONIN

VOTE ARDENT ENTHUSIAST
Old 07-19-2007, 11:18 AM   #883
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
It seems like the rules only allow for 3 replicants and that they escaped from Mars.

I guess I grudgingly agree that the most likely scenario is that one of Swaggs or ardent is a replicant.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #884
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
We lose nothing either way by removing AE.

Wrong. You gain nothing by losing me and your play reminds me of the last game.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:21 AM   #885
twothree
College Prospect

At the moment, I agree with RendeR.

vote ardent enthusiast
twothree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #886
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So if AE or Swaggs was scanned that player is still in the game. They both claim they weren't scanned and since no one seems to be too doubtful of this, I'm willing to believe neither has been scanned.

I remain doubtful about this. Wouldn't it seem to have been obvious to scan at least one of them, especially with two seers? After all, the Swaggs/AE dream stuff was really all we had to go on day 1.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:22 AM   #887
Telle
College Starter

Ok, Ardent's right.. it evidently wasn't him that I was remembering. But in my digging of his posts, I did find this little nugget from Day 2, post #485 (after Kwhit potentially scanned him Night 1)

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more I grow concerned about kwhit. Apparently he wanted me out yesterday as well, for the same reason, and now wants me out because I'm "not contributing".

That's cool. I mean, more time for football for me and all. However, you gain nothing in knowledge by lynching me, and in effect, help the wolves by killing a rock solid villager. My lynch doesn't provide any insight as to who I voted for or against or anything along that line.

It's win win for the wolves, which leads me to wonder about the k of whit.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #888
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Correction: A flippin sweet blade runner game.

What was the name?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #889
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Wrong. You gain nothing by losing me and your play reminds me of the last game.

The last game I barely said anything until I was KNOWN to be a wolf, THEN I ran my mouth all day long.

We lose nothing either way by shipping you to mars. With a potential gain if we're lucky and you're a Replicant.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:23 AM   #890
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I know, by PM, that I'm human. I have no allegiance to anyone. I don't trust anyone. I distrust render, telle, and swaggs. Render for being, well, render. Telle for not realizing that this game can't be that simple, and swaggs, well if one of us is a replicant...it ain't me.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #891
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
What was the name?
Blade Runner, I'd assume.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:24 AM   #892
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I remain doubtful about this. Wouldn't it seem to have been obvious to scan at least one of them, especially with two seers? After all, the Swaggs/AE dream stuff was really all we had to go on day 1.

I've been saying this since day 1, but, no, it really makes no sense for a seer to scan either one of them early in the game. They were two of the most likely players to be lynched. As a seer, since you really don't want to out yourself on day 2, you don't want to waste a scan on somebody that gets lynched the next day.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #893
st.cronin
General Manager

Dola

If later in the game one of them drops off the radar, then, yes. But night 1? Makes way more sense to scan somebody that didn't get votes on day 1.

knives out
Old 07-19-2007, 11:26 AM   #894
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
Ok, Ardent's right.. it evidently wasn't him that I was remembering. But in my digging of his posts, I did find this little nugget from Day 2, post #485 (after Kwhit potentially scanned him Night 1)

YOU digged? Ha. Your play makes me laugh. I sure hope whoever the replicants are that they keep you around so you can continue to chase your tail.

Potentially...why don't you throw an IF/THEN AND/OR statement in there as well? Come on, truth is, you've got it hard on me and you can't even think straight because you're too hung up on yourself.

(no offense intended I'm just pointing out you're not considering that you may be wrong)
Old 07-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #895
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
The last game I barely said anything until I was KNOWN to be a wolf, THEN I ran my mouth all day long.

We lose nothing either way by shipping you to mars. With a potential gain if we're lucky and you're a Replicant.

No, it's the way you're going about things...it feels similar to the way you're going about it now. It's nothing about running your mouth. Not at all. The "mild" accusation, if you will.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #896
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
I've been saying this since day 1, but, no, it really makes no sense for a seer to scan either one of them early in the game. They were two of the most likely players to be lynched. As a seer, since you really don't want to out yourself on day 2, you don't want to waste a scan on somebody that gets lynched the next day.

This doesn't follow. The blade runners have the ability to kill replicants, not the same night they discover them, but there is no reason they would get "outed" at all. They do not have to let their scan results be known for any reason as they are their own means to eliminating the replicants.

There is no good reason at LEAST one if not both of them should not have been scanned by now.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:29 AM   #897
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Is hoops even playing in this game?
Old 07-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #898
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
YOU digged? Ha. Your play makes me laugh. I sure hope whoever the replicants are that they keep you around so you can continue to chase your tail.

Potentially...why don't you throw an IF/THEN AND/OR statement in there as well? Come on, truth is, you've got it hard on me and you can't even think straight because you're too hung up on yourself.

(no offense intended I'm just pointing out you're not considering that you may be wrong)

I think I have a fairly strong theory and haven't seen any evidence that directly contradicts it. All you've managed to come up with is "this game isn't that simple" which is about as uncompelling of an argument as you can get.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:30 AM   #899
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Is hoops even playing in this game?

No.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 07-19-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 AM   #900
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
This doesn't follow. The blade runners have the ability to kill replicants, not the same night they discover them, but there is no reason they would get "outed" at all. They do not have to let their scan results be known for any reason as they are their own means to eliminating the replicants.

There is no good reason at LEAST one if not both of them should not have been scanned by now.

Well, again, you're assuming a lot about the blade runners ability.

knives out