Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-03-2005, 07:17 PM   #851
Easy Mac

Vonzell - Treat me Nice: She's so freakin cute. Reminds me of those girls in high school who were just goofy enough to make up for slightly lacking looks. Sounds kind of flat throughout the song. Seems to only want to use her voice for bigger notes. Its hard for me to get a grasp on whether she sang well, or sang well when she felt like it.

Ratings:
Middle: Vonzell (may move down)
next to last: Scott (may move up)
last: Anthony (won't move)
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #852
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Paula there?

so the rumor was false she got fire from the show.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #853
Easy Mac

Bo - Stand My Me: Safe choice. Isn't really doing anything with the song. Doesn't sound good, doesn't sound bad. I don't know if I can put him above or below Scott and Vonzell. Didn't hear any mistakes, but didn't hear anything that may me say "that was damn good".

Rating:
second: Bo (could be 2-4)
middle: Vonzell (could be 2-4)
next to last: Scott (could be 2-4)
last: Anthony (ass)
Old 05-03-2005, 07:29 PM   #854
Easy Mac

Carrie - Trouble: Shes freakin gorgeous. She tries so hard to do anything other than being a deer. Sounds nice. Showed at the end why her voice is better than Vonzell's, but V can hold a better note.

Ratings:
2nd - Bo
2nd - Carrie
2nd - Scott
2nd - Vonzell
last - Anthony

If I had to, I'd put Bo, Carrie, Vonzell, Scott and Anthony, but no one really has stood out yet. Time for some more recent stuff.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:35 PM   #855
Easy Mac

Anthony - ?: Looking slightly less gay this time. Either I missed the song or didn't care. Never heard this one though. Sounds better, but still is missing a lot of notes. Sounds very flat. He wishes he were Clay Aiken.

Current Ratings:
next to last - Anthony (can't think its bad enough to be last)

Old ratings:
2nd - Bo
2nd - Carrie
2nd - Scott
2nd - Vonzell
last - Anthony
Old 05-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #856
Easy Mac

Scott - Brian McKnight song? - Sounds decent, sometimes messing up. Still has a tendency to slur words. Sounded pretty smooth overall though. Better than Anthony, not too bad. Redeemed himself pretty well this week.

Current Ratings:
middle - Scott - Everytime you Go Away
next to last - Anthony - Incomplete

Old ratings:
2nd - Bo - Stand By Me
2nd - Carrie - Trouble
2nd - Scott - On Broadway
2nd - Vonzell - Treat me Nice
last - Anthony - Poison Ivy

edit, am I that out of touch with music

Last edited by Easy Mac : 05-03-2005 at 07:40 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:42 PM   #857
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What happened to votefortheworst.com? Don't tell me it got taken down.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #858
Easy Mac

Vonzell - song?: Vonzell, please don't try and sing low notes. She seems to be having trouble shifting from one note to the other. Sounds very nice when she sticks to a set of notes. Sometimes sings a little over the song. This may be her "song" because of the last few notes.

Current Ratings:
First - Vonzell - some AI song(aside from the shifting from note to note problems)
middle - Scott - Everytime you Go Away (pretty nice)
next to last - Anthony - Incomplete (not too bad)

Old ratings:
2nd - Bo - Stand By Me
2nd - Carrie - Trouble
Old 05-03-2005, 07:48 PM   #859
TRO
College Prospect

Wasn't this Vonzell song the one that the Idols did as a group? I don't think she nailed it well. I fear for her, though I still think Anthony/Scott need to be the ones to go.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:50 PM   #860
Easy Mac

Bo - Heaven?: Sounds flat. Another song he should nail (like Free Bird). Again it seems like he's missing it tonight. He better be careful after what happened with Constantine. Sounds like he's missing some notes. This song was made for a Latin trio, not 1 white southern boy.

Current Ratings:
First - Vonzell - some AI song(aside from the shifting from note to note problems)
last - Bo - Heaven (pretty lousy)

Old ratings:
2nd - Bo - Stand By Me
2nd - Carrie - Trouble
Old 05-03-2005, 07:51 PM   #861
Easy Mac

Man, I just must not have heard Bo correctly. It wasn't that good, and I think Bo should win this thing easily.
Old 05-03-2005, 07:53 PM   #862
Ksyrup

Never heard any of these songs, other than that stupid AI song. And I can't believe that is #1 right now. Good gravy!
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 05-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #863
Easy Mac

Carrie - Thank God she's pretty. 2 country songs tonight, not normally a good formula. Can't believe nobody sang The Killers. This may be her "song". Very consistent throughout for once.

Current Ratings:
First - Carrie - Very good.
Second- Vonzell - some AI song (aside from the shifting from note to note problems)
last - Bo - Heaven (pretty lousy)

Old ratings:
2nd - Bo - Stand By Me
2nd - Carrie - Trouble
Old 05-03-2005, 07:58 PM   #864
Easy Mac

Overall Tonight:
1. Carrie - Great second song for her. I wanted to put Vonzell 1, but she just did damn good.
2. Vonzell - The last song resonates with people. It wasn't spectacular as a whole, but parts of it were. It stood out, where no one did the first time around.
3. Scott - Very consistent throughout. Needs to work on speaking clearly.
4. Bo - The second song wasn't that good, the first he just coasted
5. Anthony - That first song was that bad

Overall Overall:
1. Bo
2. Carrie
3. Vonzell
4. Scott
5. Anthony
Old 05-03-2005, 08:00 PM   #865
Ksyrup

It appears everyone sang in reverse "seeded" order, doesn't it? Anthony worst, with Scott next, then Vonzell, and Bo and Carrie as the top seeds got to sing last. In band competitions, the best bands usually gets to perform last, so that early performances can't be judged highly with more performances left. Just like figure skating as well, with hte best left to skate last and presumably get the highest scores.

Just an observation for conspiracy theorists...
Old 05-03-2005, 08:01 PM   #866
Easy Mac

Just a note, this is the 7th most replied to thread currently. Close to becoming #6.

Lets go HOUSE!
Old 05-03-2005, 08:12 PM   #867
MJ4H
Coordinator

My ratings tonight:

Carrie - second song much better than Bo's second. Bo was number one through round 1 of the evening for me

Bo - Can't believe the judges. I don't think they really listened to him on song 2.
Stand By Me was fairly sweet though

Vonzell - Only 3rd because Anthony and Scott are atrocious. She's passable but not really a threat to win anymore. She just has too many pitch problems and too rough a vocal timbre on her power spots.

Scott - Normally way last place, but tonight it was hard to bomb worse than Anthony. Scott had actually a relatively ok opener (On Broadway). The second song was vintage Scott-suck.

Anthony - No words. Just go.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:15 PM   #868
Ksyrup

I thought Bo was fine. Nothing spectacular, but he performed like a pro, as Simon said. That second song sucked (never heard it before), so he didn't have much to work with.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:17 PM   #869
Easy Mac

If being a pro is mailing it in, then yes, he was a pro... but you can't be a pro in American Idol and expect to win.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:24 PM   #870
Ksyrup

I'm saying his performance was that of a pro, the songs (well the second one anyway) weren't anything he could really work with. He's not mailing it in, he gives the same type of performance nearly every week because, well, he's a rock singer and that's what he does. I'm sure he's ready to be done singing "theme" songs and just wants to sing the type of songs he sings best.

He didn't mail it in any more or less than Carrie - she did the same country song/robot performance shtick she's been doing for weeks. But I know, she's a pretty girl, so she won't be judged harshly for that.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:26 PM   #871
Easy Mac

but she actually put effort into the song. Bo sang one note the whole time. He just didn't care. IT was like when he had his bad back to back performances. He was just there
Old 05-03-2005, 08:31 PM   #872
Ksyrup

I didn't see it that way, sorry. Bo was loose, the second song lacked energy (which, besides a crappy chorus, is why it sucked), so maybe that's what you saw. Carrie did the same deer in the headlights thing she always does. Hitting high notes isn't "effort."

BTW, this is the second time at least that I've thought Vonzell's backup singers were way too loud. Is that on purpose because she is so close to losing the tune nearly every time she sings? She bothers me. Yes she's pretty and has a good voice and lots of energy, but she sings like a Miss USA contestant singing a song for the talent portion of the show, as opposed to being a singer who is pretty.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:34 PM   #873
sabotai
General Manager

I agree with Simon in that Voncell could end up leaving. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she's the one "voted off".
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:49 PM   #874
FBPro
College Starter

God I am BEGGING You, Scott MUST GO this week........are we being punished or something?
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #875
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FBPro
God I am BEGGING You, Scott MUST GO this week........are we being punished or something?

He doesn't deserve to go tomorrow, Ferderov was much worse tonight...
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 08:59 PM   #876
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

I suppose you're all sitting there wondering about Jessica Sierra, the poor young lady with a lovely voice, dancing moves that made Carrie look like a club veteran, and a personality to match the wallpaper we had to remove when we moved into our current home.

No, I don't know anything. I just wish she was still around, because it can get pretty tiring listening to the three pretenders who are sticking around longer than, it seems, DOS is sticking around the Windows world (oooh, nerd humor). And Jessica could sing. Not much to look at, but it would have been nice to have some competition in there.

So, with that not in mind, here are the current Solecismic Ratings for American Idol. Now syndicated in 450 magazines and newspapers throughout the world.

1. Carrie. Her first song was one of the top performances of the entire season. I was instantly reminded why, early in the round of 24, I thought there was no question she would win the entire competition. When she's on, there is no competition. She missed a couple of notes in her second choice, but it showed more emotion than we're used to seeing from her, and it was still the second-best performance of the night. She's back after a couple of mediocre weeks. Scores of 96 and 89.

2. Bo. There's a certain consistency to the coke-addled rocker. He is never out of tune, and he gives a decent performance with almost every song. The first song was a familiar one, and it sounded very good. He gave it a lot of energy. His second performance lacked energy, and was a little on the safe side. Still, he hit every note. Scores of 88 and 81.

3. Vonzell. The first song was dreadful, just dreadful. I have no idea why Randy wants her to win, because she really does scatter her voice at higher volumes, and it was a rough performance. Her second song was much more controlled, and ended up being one of the better performances of the night. Scores of 58 and 84.

4. Scott. There's just too much attitude in this kid, and he really should purchase a dictionary with a piece of that weekly clothing allowance. His first performance was decent, but unspiring, but his second was out of tune and inconsistent after a decent beginning. I don't know why he's still around at this stage, it's almost embarrassing to watch. Scores of 70 and 57.

5. Anthony. The first song he did was truly unbelievable. I sat there watching, finding it hard to believe this was the eight round of the finals of American Idol, and this was on my television. It was entirely out of key, and it wasn't that tough a song. The second performance was much, much stronger, but I don't think it was enough to save him. That first song just plain stuck out. Scores of 19 and 74.

Average Scores to date

1. Carrie 85
2. Bo 81
3. Vonzell 74
4. Scott 66
5. Anthony 63

Who should go? Anthony. Who will go? Anthony.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:06 PM   #877
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
2. Bo. There's a certain consistency to the coke-addled rocker. He is never out of tune

Someone else was not listening tonight
Old 05-03-2005, 09:08 PM   #878
Swaggs
Coordinator

Bo's version of "Heaven" from this week and last week's song, "I Don't Wanna Be," (if those are the right titles) were better than the originals, in my opinion.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:10 PM   #879
Swaggs
Coordinator

Given the interest in AI, what are the odds that, in the next Solecismic game, players will miss time in order to tryout for the show?

Last edited by Swaggs : 05-03-2005 at 09:12 PM.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:12 PM   #880
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
I suppose you're all sitting there wondering about Jessica Sierra, the poor young lady with a lovely voice, dancing moves that made Carrie look like a club veteran, and a personality to match the wallpaper we had to remove when we moved into our current home.

No, I don't know anything. I just wish she was still around, because it can get pretty tiring listening to the three pretenders who are sticking around longer than, it seems, DOS is sticking around the Windows world (oooh, nerd humor). And Jessica could sing. Not much to look at, but it would have been nice to have some competition in there.

I really enjoyed her voice as well. As far as looks, I thought she had some nice moments.
Old 05-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #881
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think Anthony or Scott should go. However, I think that Anthony's teenage girl vote will save him. I think Scott's "save the worst" vote will save him. I think Vonzell will go home tomorrow.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 09:16 PM   #882
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

This week showed hands down who the two front runners are with Carrie and Bo. Not sure what EM was listening to.

Vonzel nailed the second song but didn't really do much for me with the first. She's just a notch below the main two.

Anthony should go based on tonight but Scott wasn't that much better. Overall, Scott has got to go. He is an obnoxious asshole who does not deserve to be there right now.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #883
Cuckoo
College Starter

I thought Bo was pushing Heaven a little bit, but Stand by Me was great. Carrie, for the first time in a long time, really impressed me tonight. I know, and have always known, that she's good, but I keep waiting for her to make me say, "Wow, that was good." She did that tonight.

Vonzell wasn't as good as she's been the past few weeks, but that's because she has set the bar high for herself. Still solid, though. She should be safe.

Scott was actually better than he has been in a while, and I agree with those who said he was better than Federov. Federov was horrible, and it's hurting my ears to continue listening to both of these guys. One of them will certainly go, and I don't really care which.

Tonight:
Carrie
Bo
Vonzell
Scott
Anthony

Overall:
Bo
Vonzell/Carrie (both really close to me right now)
Anthony
Scott

Last edited by Cuckoo : 05-03-2005 at 10:15 PM.
Cuckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:35 PM   #884
judicial clerk
College Benchwarmer

My thoughts:

I agree that they seemed to go in order from worst to first. When somebody above refered to Scott as chinstrap it made me laugh, but I didn't really get the joke until tonight. I'm gonna type it one more time: chinstrap. thats funny. I am going to tag one of my friends with that nickname. I liked the nerd humor too. it reminds of a case I just litigated where the issue was whether the automated timekeeping software provided by my client "interfaced" with the automated accounting system used by the purchaser. Anyway, on to the brakdown:

Anthony: his first song was the worst performance of the night. It was a song I never heard before or liked, and it didn't give him a chance to really use his voice. The second song was OK, but I felt an immediate resentment when Seacrest told me that it was a new backstreet boys tune. Probably a good second selection. Overall, I think Anthony is in seroius trouble. he did the worst tonight and he is the second worst overall;

Sausage Fingers: I think he did a great job of picking the right songs, and it might keep him alive for another week. I have always liked the first song he chose and he did it justice. he actually sounds similar to the original. I was not familiar with the second song, but it gave him a chane to get back to the R&B he prefers. overall, not a bad night , but he pales in comparison to the big three;

Vonxell: I was not that familiar with either song, but I thought she really sounded great both times. Simon and some of the other people posting here were less impressed by her performance. i think maybe the ways in which her performances were lacking went over my head as a layman. She is still cute as a button, althoguh I did not like it when she blew a kiss at the end of her song. I like her becasue hse is cute, and if she starts acting like a Diva or a slut, it won't help her. Overall great performance in my book and head and shoulders over tweedle dee and tweedle scott;

Bo: Good song selection with stand by me. He probably could have picked a better song with his second choice, but he performed well enough. he is a good enough singer and performer that he makes the others look bad. I don't think it was his best performance, but he showed once again that he has a career ahead of him. I could do without the funky pullover shirts, though. he must have found a 3 for 1 sale at the Gap. I do have a new concern. I have been pulling for Bo to win right up until last night when my three yoar old daughter, who was watching with my wife and I, said "I like him.'' She has not expressed any specific interest in any other performer. We asked her to repeat herself and she said "I like him. Bo. Daddy likes him?" In that instant, Bo changed from cool rocker, to drugged out long-hair who is trying to use his mojo on my daughter. No wonder Anthony still gets so many votes. At least she didn't say she likes Pugsly.

Carrie: She really kicked ass with that first song. She showed me why she is better than Vonzell (who I like) and why she should probably win even over a great second place in Bo. I didn't love the song she chose for her second performance, but she definitely sang it well. Scott and Anthony should not be in the same comeptition with this girl. Simon called her a robot. I think he lifted that from Gindin.

Last edited by judicial clerk : 05-04-2005 at 12:40 PM.
judicial clerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #885
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by judicial clerk
I have been pulling for Bo to win right up until last night when my three yoar old daughter, who was watching with my wife and I, said "I like him.'' She has not expressed any specific interest in any other performer. We asked her to repeat herself and she said "I like him. Bo. Daddy likes him?" In that instant, Bo changed from cool rocker, to drugged out long-hair who is trying to use his mojo on my daughter. No wonder Anthony still gets so many votes. At least she didn't say she likes Pugsly.

That's funny.

In that context, I'm not sure what it means that my daughter got upset when we told her Ken Jennings was no longer going to be on Jeopardy every night after he lost...
Old 05-04-2005, 03:20 PM   #886
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs
Given the interest in AI, what are the odds that, in the next Solecismic game, players will miss time in order to tryout for the show?

Its already in FOF2K4:

...was arrested for appearing on American Idol, in violation of the league's strict anti-teen trend policy.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 03:27 PM   #887
Daimyo
College Starter

That show basically re-enforced to me what I thought all season... the final has to be Bo vs Carrie. The rest have had their moments, but those two have basically been 1-2 all season.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:18 PM   #888
Joe
Pro Starter

I'm so conflicted. Scott and Anthony both suck. I kinda liked Scott last night (WTF??) so maybe Anthony should go. But man, Scott has been so bad throughout... shit, so has Anthony.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #889
MJ4H
Coordinator

booya. bye scott
Old 05-04-2005, 08:33 PM   #890
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
booya. bye scott
Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:34 PM   #891
Joe
Pro Starter

now I'm kinda sad.. just a little bit. only because Anthony is in the final 4.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:40 PM   #892
Swaggs
Coordinator

It's going to suck when one of the three good ones get booted next week for Federov.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:42 PM   #893
MJ4H
Coordinator

never happen. never.

(God please dont make me eat these words)
Old 05-04-2005, 08:46 PM   #894
stevew
Hall Of Famer

My favorite thing is when they make hte loser reprise the song that he lost with the night before. Its like "Here, show these people how badly you suck, they werent for certain the first time"
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:47 PM   #895
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
now I'm kinda sad.. just a little bit. only because Anthony is in the final 4.
Better than Scott being in the top 4.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:49 PM   #896
TLK
Pro Starter

Does this mean that Anthony inherits the "Vote For The Worst" position?
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 08:50 PM   #897
Cuckoo
College Starter

WooHOO!!! Scott is gone...
Old 05-04-2005, 08:54 PM   #898
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing
Does this mean that Anthony inherits the "Vote For The Worst" position?

If that's so, in concert with the teen block, he should be nearly unstoppable the rest of the way.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 10:18 PM   #899
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Is it just me, or do the weekly group sing-a-long bits really, really, really, really, really, really suck. I had to hit the mute button or risk losing my chocolate cake (I mean, chocolate cake is bad-ass and all, but not for a second go round).
Old 05-04-2005, 11:35 PM   #900
jbmagic
Pro Starter

the other night on my local fox televison news, they did a report about a web page trying to keep scott.

i wonder if they just decided to boot scott regardless of the votes.

Last edited by jbmagic : 05-04-2005 at 11:36 PM.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote