Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-21-2007, 11:19 AM   #851
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Thanks for the sliders, EF. Every year when you fill us in on your NCAA, Madden, or College Hoops slider modifications, I print them out and set them next to the XBox 360. My wife then goes to clean up the living room, picks up the paper, and says, "Oh, no! Not one of these again!"

I think she's a little disturbed at the small pile of paper that's building up. It's cute.
Old 07-21-2007, 12:19 PM   #852
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Here's three runs (RB #44) from my HS CL games:

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-...(XBOX360)/4622

That's a sweet run. I especially like how you cut back in before scoring the touchdown and shove that guy down to the ground.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:32 PM   #853
MrBug708
Head Coach

I guess Im the only one whose playing it on regular xbox
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:52 PM   #854
MrBug708
Head Coach

Dola

Is there anyway to check to see a QB's "handedness"
Old 07-21-2007, 12:54 PM   #855
Mike Lowe
College Prospect

How do you edit the coach names for the PS3 version? I cannot figure it out!!
Mike Lowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:14 PM   #856
BYU 14
Coordinator

My second KO return of the Season in my current Dynasty

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-8721/HOME/5015

A little trucker action

Blown coverage

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-21-2007 at 02:22 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 02:24 PM   #857
MrBug708
Head Coach

I had a great blown coverage play in one of my games. I had a stud WR with 99 for hands and speed and I tore up BSU's secondary all game. Finally I did a play where he did a post and the other WR did a corner. Needless to say all three DB's bit on the pump fake and the WR was left wide open for a 55 yard TD
Old 07-21-2007, 03:00 PM   #858
Anthony
Banned

in my 2nd game as a starter in CL, i played against VT. they held me to under 100 yards. i definitely saw the difference in defense. somewhat harder and i didn't have any huge gains. i also shortened the quarters to 5 minutes. so i guess when i went buck for 315 yards my 1st game it was due to West Virginia sucking and there just being too much time on the clock with 8 minute quarters.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 03:19 PM   #859
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell Atlantic View Post
in my 2nd game as a starter in CL, i played against VT. they held me to under 100 yards. i definitely saw the difference in defense. somewhat harder and i didn't have any huge gains. i also shortened the quarters to 5 minutes. so i guess when i went buck for 315 yards my 1st game it was due to West Virginia sucking and there just being too much time on the clock with 8 minute quarters.

I'm starting for Georgia Tech now. My freshman year I played 6 games and ran for 705 yards and 7 TDs. Va Tech held me to 96 yards, and UGA to 80 yards. I topped 100 yards easily vs UNC, Duke, Army, and Notre Dame. All the games i appeared in were 5 minute quarters.

My ratings going into my sophomore year are 92 overall, 97 speed, 99 accelleration, 90 breaking tackles. My awareness is in the low 70s, that's my only item that's suffering at all.

It seems way, way too easy, given that I started my freshman year as the 5th string RB with an overall rating of 78. I expect to put up Heisman like numbers this year.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:46 PM   #860
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Finally able to get a video loaded

Check out me juking the defender off his feet!

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-2897/HOME/4854
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 05:58 PM   #861
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
Finally able to get a video loaded

Check out me juking the defender off his feet!

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-2897/HOME/4854
Nasty...I like how you finished it off as well.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #862
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I really like the screens in this game.. They're MUCH MUCH better than any previous versions. When a defense sniffs it, they usually sniff it the way they should. But, when it doesn't work its because they ran it wrong where the QB didn't drop back like he should and he gets sacked easily(in campus legend where I'm the RB).

Last edited by mauchow : 07-21-2007 at 06:24 PM.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:37 AM   #863
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just lost 17-13 against #11 Louisville, but it was a great game.

Things I like:

Subbing in and out tired players seems to be much better than any previous version.
OL Blocking is the best of any version.
The CPU can actually run on AA defaults
You can tell who's fast and who's not.
The variety of tackle animations is unreal.
I only saw one INT last game and that was by me on an errant throw by the CPU QB as he was being hit.
Passing seems much better and easier, imo.

Things I don't like:

Too many fumbles, haven't touched sliders yet.
Too many reviewed plays imo.. and I've yet to see a play stand.
Some questionable CPU playcalling, but that remains to be seen.

Overall I like what I'm seeing and the game has reminded me of 2004? I think that's the verison I played 4 or 5 years with. Haven't really started a dynasty yet, but CL has become boring now.. I like playing the games much better than just being one player.

The game is much, much.. much better control wise and the gameplay seems to be varied, which is great for replayability.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:00 PM   #864
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Subbing in and out tired players seems to be much better than any previous version.

What sub in/out settings are you using?
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:41 PM   #865
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post

I am using 85% out and 95% IN
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:56 PM   #866
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Finally got around to playing my first full game of NCAA, lost 35-20 with Iowa vs. Iowa State. They shut down my running game otherwise I could've probably won but they forced me to pass and I threw three picks, one of which was returned for a TD. They also sacked me 5 times, one caused a fumble which was returned for a TD.

I wish they'd think about programming better fumble reactions, where the players would actually attempt to recover the fumble by going to the ground.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 04:01 PM   #867
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by markprior22 View Post

Defaults so far.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:29 PM   #868
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Things I don't like:

Too many reviewed plays imo.. and I've yet to see a play stand.

Way, way too many reviewed plays, and I have also never seen a play stand (25 games, give or take).

The calls are so blatantly wrong that I know a review is coming, so I just hit A-A to pick a punt return because it's such a slam dunk that it's going to be reviewed that I know I won't get burned on the play call.

Of course, the silver lining to this is that I haven't seen a call not been reviewed when it should, or not be overturned when it should. Seems like the game creates fumbles just so that there can be reviews that are called right.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 06:42 PM   #869
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Way, way too many reviewed plays, and I have also never seen a play stand (25 games, give or take).

The calls are so blatantly wrong that I know a review is coming, so I just hit A-A to pick a punt return because it's such a slam dunk that it's going to be reviewed that I know I won't get burned on the play call.

Of course, the silver lining to this is that I haven't seen a call not been reviewed when it should, or not be overturned when it should. Seems like the game creates fumbles just so that there can be reviews that are called right.

I get that feeling as well. One call my receiver was definitly out of bounds on a catch, they called it incomplete. .but as soon as I saw it was being reviewed I new I had a completion!
Old 07-22-2007, 06:46 PM   #870
MrBug708
Head Coach

I've only seen one played reviewed and it stood. It was a sick play actually, My QB was going down on a sack and he threw it about 15 yards and the WR had to come back and made the catch on the goalline before being knocked to the ground on the 4 yard line. They called it a TD and I was stunned that it was. I was about to kick a FG when it was called for a review and it stood.
Old 07-22-2007, 06:49 PM   #871
nilodor
College Benchwarmer

I've had 3 stand and roughly 8 be overturned.
nilodor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 08:29 PM   #872
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have only had 6 plays reviewed in 7 games, 2 stood, 4 overturned,

Here is a vid from my breather game against 1-AA (Eastern Washington) This is probably the sickest option I have seen. The QB is going down and pitches blindly behind his back to the RB who takes it home. It's the second video, can't get a direct link for some reason.

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-...IMEY(PS3)/5015

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-22-2007 at 08:57 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #873
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'll be glad when EA gets the EA Sports World site moving a little faster. These highlights are fun to watch, but it is dog slow when loading right now.
Old 07-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #874
Radii
Head Coach

what file extension do you use when you download a file off EAsportsworld to upload it to brightcove?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:07 AM   #875
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
what file extension do you use when you download a file off EAsportsworld to upload it to brightcove?

I'm not changing the extension at all. I'm just going with the default.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 12:41 AM   #876
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm not changing the extension at all. I'm just going with the default.

Yeah, I'm an idiot, thanks! For some reason I thought it was saving it with no extension at all.
Old 07-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #877
Icy
Pro Starter

Just ordered NCAA08 and NASCAR08 for PS3 today, both should be in my mail box on Saturday when i get back home from my holidays. How good/bad is finally the Ps3 version? As i'm on holidays and with limited intenet connection, i haven't read reviews etc.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #878
Logan
Head Coach

Just as a follow-up to my "stutter/sprint" issue I discussed a few days ago...I've trained myself to lay off the sprint button until I've been running for a few seconds, starting to turn upfield, already chasing someone down, etc and I haven't seen much of it. Interestingly, I did have it happen one time shortly after a kick return began, when my guy stuttered. However, the only thing I was doing with the controller was pushing up on the L stick to run straight. Therefore, I've chalked it up to some sort of quirk with my controller.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:20 AM   #879
Bee
Pro Starter

I noticed a weird bug. In CL mode, when my RB was second string and was on the field goal team, every game during the first PAT attempt I would get a missed kick and the announcer would say something about an incomplete pass or something like that. This happened every time for me. It was fine for the rest of the game after the first attempt. Since making first string, it hasn't been an issue.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #880
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
Just ordered NCAA08 and NASCAR08 for PS3 today, both should be in my mail box on Saturday when i get back home from my holidays. How good/bad is finally the Ps3 version? As i'm on holidays and with limited intenet connection, i haven't read reviews etc.

I actually rented a copy of the NCAA game over the weekend because the game has had generally positive feedback. This may come as quite the shock to those of you who know how much I dislike EA as a whole.

I actually enjoyed the game quite a bit.

I didn't notice any major stuttering in any part of the game. The PS3 animations were actually really good, which surprised me quite a bit. Recruiting is improved. I'm not crazy about the new way you select plays, but it's not a gamekiller by any means.

I can assure you that I won't be lifting my general EA boycott for most games, but I'll likely pick up a used copy of this game in the near future.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 11:33 AM   #881
Radii
Head Coach

Is there a consensus on how sliders effect the outcome of plays that are simmed? Specifically, if I use EF27's sliders in campus legend mode, and auto sim plays that i'm not invovled in, are my results going to be extra wacky because part of the game is played and part is simmed?
Old 07-23-2007, 11:37 AM   #882
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Is there a consensus on how sliders effect the outcome of plays that are simmed? Specifically, if I use EF27's sliders in campus legend mode, and auto sim plays that i'm not invovled in, are my results going to be extra wacky because part of the game is played and part is simmed?

I'm using Autosim for 4 minutes in the 2nd quarter and 4 minutes in the 3rd to get a more realistic number of plays run. I don't notice any wierd stats. Running seems a bit more wide open with some teams in supersim, but it actually helps bring the average into better balance as I think YPC for the CPU is a bit low with my sliders (although that could be due to USC's great run defense.)
Old 07-23-2007, 11:48 AM   #883
Flasch186
Coordinator

just rented it w/ my free Blockbuster online coupon so Ill get to play it tonight around the youtube debate.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #884
rowech
Pro Starter

Are you guys really having that much trouble with turnovers that you have to adjust the sliders? In two games, I've had 3 total turnovers in each and then another game I had 3 for each team. Most of the time, they're just bad passes though. Are you adjusting to prevent them from catching everything and knocking things down or is it because there are just too many>
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:40 PM   #885
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

With default sliders, I've seen the CPU throw 5 picks in a game. I'm not worried about my own interceptions which can be controlled by smart decisions, but without adjusting sliders, I think there are quite a few too many interceptions each game. Even with sliders, the interceptions are a bit high, but not as bad.
Old 07-23-2007, 05:11 PM   #886
CraigSca
Pro Starter

It's amazing to me, however, that EA can't see these issues when play-testing.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:21 PM   #887
Travis
Pro Rookie

Okay, stupid question (likely), but how are you guys finding the EA site for searching for video's and pictures that you've uploaded? When I uploaded my first video, I caught it on the main page and kept a link so I haven't had any problems, but Mike (Blade on here) just got the game today, has uploaded a couple video's and neither of us can find them on the site. I've tried doing searches for his nickname from the PS3 network as well as my own and while my videos are up there using that name, a search for my name (Nikle) does not return any results. And to clarify, it is my PS3 network name that is showing up on the profile page on the EA site so I have no idea why it wouldn't show up in the search (people).

I tried checking out the profile links to see if I could just plug in the username but there is an id tag associated with each name in the address bar so that plan is shot too. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #888
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I've been largely unsuccessful searching for videos on the EA site.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:09 PM   #889
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
It's amazing to me, however, that EA can't see these issues when play-testing.

Because 90%+ of the people who play NCAA and Madden don't care that there are a few more interceptions per game than there should be, unfortunately.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 07:56 PM   #890
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
With default sliders, I've seen the CPU throw 5 picks in a game. I'm not worried about my own interceptions which can be controlled by smart decisions, but without adjusting sliders, I think there are quite a few too many interceptions each game. Even with sliders, the interceptions are a bit high, but not as bad.

so all of your recommended sliders were CPU sliders and not users?
Old 07-23-2007, 07:59 PM   #891
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
so all of your recommended sliders were CPU sliders and not users?

All of my sliders were for both CPU and Human. I think the two sides are evenly matched on All-American, and I'm not trying to disrupt that balance. I'm just trying to tune down the interception totals and open up the game a bit more.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-23-2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #892
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Finally got my copy yesterday (Best Buy sux, BTW). Started my Legends career with a power RB out of my old high school. Some notes:

1) No one has mentioned yet that everything in the game starts up defaulted to Virginia Tech? Big logo on the floor, default school, etc. I thought that was a nice touch.

2) Legends mode is too cool. Played 2 games of the high school playoffs last night. Thanks to super-sim on the parts I'm not playing, I can blow through a game in like 20 minutes, which is PERFECT for my schedule. And I love doing things besides throwing and running the ball. My QB got sacked and fumbled, and I came flying from the sidelines to knock the D-Lineman down. We also completed a pass to the sideline where the receiver broke one tackle, and I was close enough to come in from the side and knock off the one other guy that was catching up to tackle him, sprining him for the TD. I had a ton of fun.

3) The negative was 3 fumbles by me (at least one of which I was screaming at the coach to challenge because I thought I was down). My big issues on the fumbles is you don't always realise you fumbled. On one of them I bounced off a would-be tackler and went about 4 steps before realising the ball was on the ground and everyone was fighting over it. Much of this seems to be remembering to tuck the ball in as you get hit, because my fumbles are coming when I'm trying to juke or stiff-arm or otherwise beat the tackle (which seems realistic to me).

2 4-* performances, and I've to two top-25 teams watching including #7 Wisconsin.
Old 07-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #893
Kodos
Resident Alien

I used EaglesFan27's slider last night, and lost to Cincy with IU. Lots of picks. I'm just not making good decisions with the ball, but neither were they. The running game works well enough, although I think I get away from it too much, which is leading to some of my passing problems.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 08:52 AM   #894
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I'd just like to add that I love the recruiting. I don't know how much of an impact my decisions are really going to have, but I look forward to calling the prospects each week. I had two recruits, including a 5-star WR, visit my Memphis campus to watch me play against Duke. I may have just used my imagination to fill in gaps here, but I decided to throw the ball a little more than usual because I wanted the WR to see that he'd be a big part of the offense. The game may not actually care about that sort of thing, but it was fun for me.

Both recruits gave their visit a B- grade, which I guess shouldn't surprise me. I mean, it's not like I beat a powerhouse team or anything, although Duke was somehow 2-0 at the time. I offered the WR a scholarship, and he seemed happy and he thanked me, but he has two other visits scheduled later in the season with bigger schools. I know I don't stand much of a chance, but I'm spending an hour on the phone each week with this guy because I want to give it my best shot.

I'm really looking forward to getting my first signing, whoever it may be. I want all of this recruiting work to pay off.
Old 07-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #895
Bee
Pro Starter

I haven't even looked at recruiting yet. I'm totally concentrating on the Campus Legend part of the game. I've started about a half dozen different careers and am now sticking to my RB at West Virginia near the end of his second season. This is by far the most fun I've had with a console football game.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:18 AM   #896
Phototropic
Mascot

I'd be interested to hear more about the recruiting process -- mainly how much time you guys devote to each prospect. I haven't started my dynasty yet but would hate to go in and completely screw things up from the start.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #897
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
I'd be interested to hear more about the recruiting process -- mainly how much time you guys devote to each prospect. I haven't started my dynasty yet but would hate to go in and completely screw things up from the start.

I would imagine that it will vary some based on each school and their characteristics, but the way I did it with USC is that I spent 30-45 minutes on my top 10-15 guys the first week using the find pitch option to examine some of their preferences. If I found at least three that were high and one that was the most, I stopped trying to find their pitch and started spending 30 minutes or so hard pitching it in the following weeks. Of course, it helps that USC is highly rated in every category except for early playing time. So far, I have my top 15 all considering us their #1 choice. Now, in week 9 or 10, I'm trying to do the same process with the next 15 guys on my board. I'm not sure how that will play out, yet.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:13 AM   #898
Kodos
Resident Alien

I had a bunch of guys hang up on me last night. But one guy committed!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 10:24 AM   #899
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
1) No one has mentioned yet that everything in the game starts up defaulted to Virginia Tech? Big logo on the floor, default school, etc. I thought that was a nice touch.

You know, it didn't even cross my mind other than to think "oh yeah, big football school" and to immediately change it to my favorite team, until you pointed it out now. that is a nice touch.
Old 07-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #900
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
You know, it didn't even cross my mind other than to think "oh yeah, big football school" and to immediately change it to my favorite team, until you pointed it out now. that is a nice touch.

Sadly neither did I...now it really does make sense.