Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-05-2006, 09:22 AM   #851
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

A few quick thoughts:

I too was starting to like Eden. The character was getting there and the power was awesome. The actress was pretty bad, so, if someone had to go, I guess she was better than anyone else.

I've always liked the Niki/Jessica story (basically because I love how well Ali Larter does with the dual roles), but I agree with the others that this was the first time it really started to feel a bit too... "Kim and the Mountain Lion" (for those "24" fans) for me. Just sort of out there and unnecessary.

Definitely interesting stuff afoot... I like the Hatian Guy With His Own Agenda angle quite a bit.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:39 AM   #852
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Could the power that Micah has be the same one that Sylar started off with. The taking apart of items to find out how they work and then being able to fix them later?
Old 12-05-2006, 09:41 AM   #853
TRO
College Prospect

I know we haven't discussed the online comics here at all. They come out every Tuesday following an episode.

I encourage anybody that hasn't read them, to do so. www.nbc.com/heroes and then click on the Graphic Novel link in the upper right corner. Each week they generally focus on a different hero. They also generally help close some confusing holes in the show.

This week's might have even been my favorite yet. It centers on HRG in the direct aftermath of this week's episode.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:46 AM   #854
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
Could the power that Micah has be the same one that Sylar started off with. The taking apart of items to find out how they work and then being able to fix them later?

Good call, never thought of that.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 09:54 AM   #855
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post

Micah's power seemed slightly different. He just made the phone work and as soon as he hung up, the phone stopped working. It's not like he fixed it permanently. I see similarities, but I think there are some pretty big differences as well.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #856
KevinNU7
College Starter

gottimd, I would call that information I do not want to read about before it happens.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #857
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRO View Post
I know we haven't discussed the online comics here at all. They come out every Tuesday following an episode.

I encourage anybody that hasn't read them, to do so. www.nbc.com/heroes and then click on the Graphic Novel link in the upper right corner. Each week they generally focus on a different hero. They also generally help close some confusing holes in the show.

This week's might have even been my favorite yet. It centers on HRG in the direct aftermath of this week's episode.

Wow, anyone who doesn't want to learn about something pretty crucial to the whole story line coming up in January should not read the latest comic!
Old 12-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #858
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7 View Post
gottimd, I would call that information I do not want to read about before it happens.

and I agree with that. I don't remember anything about it being mentionned in the previews last night and I'd think it definitely gives away a bit more than some people would want to know beforehand.

FM
Old 12-05-2006, 10:36 AM   #859
gi
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
and I agree with that. I don't remember anything about it being mentionned in the previews last night and I'd think it definitely gives away a bit more than some people would want to know beforehand.

FM

I believe the previews mentioned a new character with a new power. Not the type of power though.
gi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:42 AM   #860
MikeVic
Head Coach

Yeah, I didn't like reading what the new power will be...

Guess I won't be reading the online comic then... unless I get itchy during Christmas.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:45 AM   #861
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

FM

Maybe I just don't get it. I don't see where it gives anything away.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:49 AM   #862
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Do we know for sure that the Haitian is the one blocking powers? He always seems to be around when powers are blocked, but so is HRG. Could it be that HRG is actually the one doing the blocking? That would explain why Sylar could pull Eden through the glass but not HRG. If the Haitian's power is to wipe minds, does it make sense that he also has the power to block other powers? Most heroes don't get multiple powers.

Also, did Sylar pull the gun through the glass or Eden? I think pulling Eden through makes him even more of a bad-ass, but I couldn't tell from the scene just exactly how it happened.

Why wouldn't shooting Sylar have hurt him? He said as much, but I wasn't aware of a power that would actually protect him from a bullet. Or was he just saying that he would be able to point the gun away from himself before she could get a shot off?
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #863
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post

It takes away from the surprise factor when it is revealed onscreen. I also prefer not to know when a character is going to be killed off, but previews love to ruin that one. It seems much more shocking when you don't know that someone is going to die and you don't spend the whole episode looking for it.

I don't think it is a spoiler big enough to be worth getting upset about, but it is nice to be surprised.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #864
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianD View Post
Do we know for sure that the Haitian is the one blocking powers? He always seems to be around when powers are blocked, but so is HRG. Could it be that HRG is actually the one doing the blocking? That would explain why Sylar could pull Eden through the glass but not HRG. If the Haitian's power is to wipe minds, does it make sense that he also has the power to block other powers? Most heroes don't get multiple powers.

Also, did Sylar pull the gun through the glass or Eden? I think pulling Eden through makes him even more of a bad-ass, but I couldn't tell from the scene just exactly how it happened.

Why wouldn't shooting Sylar have hurt him? He said as much, but I wasn't aware of a power that would actually protect him from a bullet. Or was he just saying that he would be able to point the gun away from himself before she could get a shot off?

I am pretty sure it was Sylar who pulled Eden through the glass. That was how I saw the scene going down.

As for blocking powers... I am pretty sure it's the Hatian guy. HRG wasn't in the bar when Parkman first heard the static, only the Hatian guy was. That said, I don't think the Hatian guy can block everyone's powers (see, e.g., Nathan). I think he has the ability to block Parkman's power because it is a mental power. That sort of ties into the whole Mindwipe aspect of his abilities. Same way he could prevent Eden (also a mental power) from using her powers or Sylar using his telekensis (also a mental power).

It's also possible that once Sylar was threatened, he was able to overcome any sort of "power block" they had on him. If it was some sort of "code" that deactivated powers in that room (which never crossed my mind), you figure Eden might have to not enter it to use her powers.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:22 AM   #865
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
I am pretty sure it was Sylar who pulled Eden through the glass. That was how I saw the scene going down.

Oops, I meant did Sylar pull the gun through the glass, or did he pull Eden through the glass? I kind of liked the thought that he broke the glass with her head.

Quote:
As for blocking powers... I am pretty sure it's the Hatian guy. HRG wasn't in the bar when Parkman first heard the static, only the Hatian guy was. That said, I don't think the Hatian guy can block everyone's powers (see, e.g., Nathan). I think he has the ability to block Parkman's power because it is a mental power. That sort of ties into the whole Mindwipe aspect of his abilities. Same way he could prevent Eden (also a mental power) from using her powers or Sylar using his telekensis (also a mental power).

That could be. Have we seen the Haitian around anyone else to block their powers? One could argue that all of the powers are mental since it seems to be something in the brain that gives the powers.

Quote:
It's also possible that once Sylar was threatened, he was able to overcome any sort of "power block" they had on him. If it was some sort of "code" that deactivated powers in that room (which never crossed my mind), you figure Eden might have to not enter it to use her powers.

It would seem odd to have a code activate/deactivate the ability to block powers in a room. If someone is dangerous enough to need to be blocked, do you really want to give them the ability to not be blocked in their cell?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:43 AM   #866
TroyF
Coordinator

Anyone think it's possible the cop has some sort of a brain tumor or something causing those headaches? Kind of like the girl with the memory? All the headache pills, etc, it could be a cause of him just using his power to much, but I'm thinking it could also be something bad.

Guess I'm the only one who likes the Duvall scenes.

Sad to see Eden go, but it wasn't that big of a surprise. You knew they couldn't keep Sylar locked in there for the rest of the show. The three "closest heroes to him are Eden, the Hatian and Claire. You know Claire isn't dying yet so it had to be one of the other two.

The stripper/convict/kids story are interesting to me for one reason: They aren't spending this much time on it so all the characters can be useless in the main storyline. All of their powers are going to tie in somehow to the conclusion of this thing. They seem so out of the main part now, but you know that isn't going to last. How do they tie all this in?
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:47 AM   #867
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

Quote:

Quote:
It takes away from the surprise factor when it is revealed onscreen. I also prefer not to know when a character is going to be killed off, but previews love to ruin that one. It seems much more shocking when you don't know that someone is going to die and you don't spend the whole episode looking for it.

I don't think it is a spoiler big enough to be worth getting upset about, but it is nice to be surprised.

Not that I'm getting super upset over it, but I too like being surprised. For that very reason, I stopped reading the graphic novels over at nbc.com because after reading the second, I felt like they were expanding beyond what was available in the TV show, to stuff I never would have been able to deduct from watching.

I still like being teased and I usually watch the previews (but don't go out of my way to read TV guide and other spoilage finder site), because I feel like they usually hide at least part of the spoilage (what TV guide doesn't do). I was sorta trying to figure out which hero would die yesterday and went all "woah" when I saw the gun go off on Eden's head. I knew one would be killed, didn't know which one. About the January 22 episode, I now remember them mentionning an new hero coming on, with a new power, but yeah, they didn't mention what power. I would still have had fun knowing a new one was coming and then trying to figure what new character is the one, and what he can do that's so special... Now, that part of the fun has been spoiled.

As I said, I'm not super upset about it, but I thought we had kind of talked about the TV guide stuff being in the spoilerish side of things (re: the whole jbmagic "I think/but it was in TV guide" saga).

FM
Old 12-05-2006, 11:51 AM   #868
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Oops, I meant did Sylar pull the gun through the glass, or did he pull Eden through the glass? I kind of liked the thought that he broke the glass with her head.

I think he pulled Eden through the glass, head first. That's what it looked like to me. She was all cut up on her face and neck as well. Sylar is a bad, evil dude. Now that he's the "Word of God" power, he's even more dangerous. Then again, he did seem to have Eden shoot herself in the head. A dangerous play if that's where "powers" are "stored."
Old 12-05-2006, 11:52 AM   #869
DanGarion
Coordinator

My feeling with Eden and Sylar was that the room Sylar was in was protected, but the part Eden was in was not, so when Eden made the connection to Sylar trying to make him kill himself he was able to use his powers, because she opened the path of communication. That would be the most logical reasoning in my mind.
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #870
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I think he pulled Eden through the glass, head first. That's what it looked like to me. She was all cut up on her face and neck as well. Sylar is a bad, evil dude. Now that he's the "Word of God" power, he's even more dangerous. Then again, he did seem to have Eden shoot herself in the head. A dangerous play if that's where "powers" are "stored."
No no no, Eden shot herself in the head, to prevent him from getting her power.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #871
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:

I don't think he got her power. Didn't he show some shock that she was about to shoot herself?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #872
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Good, I was hoping that was what I saw. It seems satisfyingly evil to pull someone through a window head-first.

He didn't have Eden shoot herself in the head. She did that all by herself in an attempt to prevent him from getting her power. You could see surprise on his face before she pulled the trigger.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:56 AM   #873
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
No no no, Eden shot herself in the head, to prevent him from getting her power.

Ahh... That's super cool then. It's always cool to see heroes sacrifice themselves, much like Dana did in "The Stand." That was always one of my favorite scenes in that book. An awesome scene for what was really a minor character.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #874
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It would seem odd to have a code activate/deactivate the ability to block powers in a room. If someone is dangerous enough to need to be blocked, do you really want to give them the ability to not be blocked in their cell?

That, of course, is the troubling response to an idea of a code blocking powers. But HRG said that Sylar's powers won't work in here. The only way that they won't work without a anti-power ray (or whatever) is if the Haitian is around (as pointed out HRG wasn't in the bar with Matt). The Haitian isn't around all the time. He's at the police office with Claire, he's at their house, he's mindwiping her friends, etc. You'd think Sylar would realize his powers are working (I'm sure his telekinesis, being strong enough to pull Eden through the glass could pull, say, the toilet from the wall and smash the glass open).
Old 12-05-2006, 12:15 PM   #875
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
That, of course, is the troubling response to an idea of a code blocking powers. But HRG said that Sylar's powers won't work in here. The only way that they won't work without a anti-power ray (or whatever) is if the Haitian is around (as pointed out HRG wasn't in the bar with Matt). The Haitian isn't around all the time. He's at the police office with Claire, he's at their house, he's mindwiping her friends, etc. You'd think Sylar would realize his powers are working (I'm sure his telekinesis, being strong enough to pull Eden through the glass could pull, say, the toilet from the wall and smash the glass open).

So Eden had to turn the blocking off to allow her power to work? I suppose that is possible, though building that option in seems like a guarantee of trouble. I guess that is the best explanation we have so far. Could HRG really be dumb enough to go through all the work of constructing this cell and leave such a glaring hole?
Old 12-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #876
KevinNU7
College Starter

I have to say I like the theory that HRG is the blocker and Haitan is just a mindwiper but there are definetly a few flaws in that arguement.

I thought it was obvious that she shot herself so that he couldn't get her brain.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:21 PM   #877
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
So Eden had to turn the blocking off to allow her power to work? I suppose that is possible, though building that option in seems like a guarantee of trouble. I guess that is the best explanation we have so far. Could HRG really be dumb enough to go through all the work of constructing this cell and leave such a glaring hole?

I think my explanation is better, she opened the channel of communication that allowed him to piggy back onto it and pull her in.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:23 PM   #878
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
I think my explanation is better, she opened the channel of communication that allowed him to piggy back onto it and pull her in.

That has a very Star Trek feel to it...which would fit with this show.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #879
TRO
College Prospect

Quote:
Not that I'm getting super upset over it, but I too like being surprised. For that very reason, I stopped reading the graphic novels over at nbc.com because after reading the second, I felt like they were expanding beyond what was available in the TV show, to stuff I never would have been able to deduct from watching.

FM

I can understand the spoiler side of things, but you should try to catch up a little on the comics. Maybe stay within a couple of the the show. Just too much good stuff in them to skip. They aren't all spoilery either.

That said, the current one is a *bit* spoilerish. I think they are intended to be read between each episode to flesh out significant items. Others of course may disagree. It adds to my enjoyment of the show though.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:31 PM   #880
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, the current one, IMO, is VERY spoilerish actually. It totally closes off an interesting line of speculation that could have kept discussions going until next year's return!
Old 12-05-2006, 12:52 PM   #881
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Sorry about that, I would've deleted it quickly but my work access to the internet crapped out on us and I once I got back on (now) I deleted it. I read it in a Tim Kring interview somewhere online so I figured it was somewhat public knowledge and that it didn't truly give anything away other than the fact that a new character is coming on to the show.

Ok, back to speculations and discussion....did anyone find the Hiro comment from yesterdays episode funny when Isaac painted the picture..."I'm gonna need to find that sword!"

Last edited by gottimd : 12-05-2006 at 12:53 PM.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:13 PM   #882
Daimyo
College Starter

My take on Sylar and the prison was that his power's were never really dampened. HRG, et al, thought that they were, but Sylar is just too strong and was just biding his time waiting for the right moment to use them.

I am curious why Eden's powers worked on Sylar when they captured him, but did not work in yesterday's episode. Is it because he was weakened the first time? Because the Haitan was around? Because her powers of influence did not extend to commands of suicide? Did Sylar just roll a great saving throw this time?
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:16 PM   #883
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
My take on Sylar and the prison was that his power's were never really dampened. HRG, et al, thought that they were, but Sylar is just too strong and was just biding his time waiting for the right moment to use them.

I am curious why Eden's powers worked on Sylar when they captured him, but did not work in yesterday's episode. Is it because he was weakened the first time? Because the Haitan was around? Because her powers of influence did not extend to commands of suicide? Did Sylar just roll a great saving throw this time?

I think it was because the Haitian was around. Another idea is something that I picked up on with what she said. She said something to the effect "I am going to put this gun into the drawer and you will take it and kill yourself."

She never got the chance to put the gun in the drawer and give it to him. So, I don't think her power took effect until the gun was placed in the drawer.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #884
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

I personally like the good saving throw theory.

Quote:
I think it was because the Haitian was around. Another idea is something that I picked up on with what she said. She said something to the effect "I am going to put this gun into the drawer and you will take it and kill yourself."

I had been thinking about the idea of Sylar waiting for the right opportunity to show that he wasn't blocked, but I'm not sure he was in enough control of himself to pull that off. HRG really pushed him, and I don't think he'd have been able to continue the ruse.

Quote:
She never got the chance to put the gun in the drawer and give it to him. So, I don't think her power took effect until the gun was placed in the drawer.

I was going to argue that she probably couldn't give a command to make someone kill themselves, but she seemed pretty convinced that she could. It could very well have been an issue with the form of the command. She didn't command him to do something, she just commanded him to be prepared to do something. Also, it seemed like it normally took more than one command to get what she wanted. Didn't she tell the cop a few times to go eat some donuts before he actually did? Maybe she just hadn't been able to sufficiently plant the desire before she went through the window.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:25 PM   #885
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd View Post
My thoughts were that when they showed Hiro going to NY in the future to Isaacs apartment, that the person laying on the floor wasn't Isaac, it was the Radioactive guy. I thought that Sylar would cut the Radioactive guys head open to get his power. And to tie it all in, if Sylar would've gotten the Cheerleaders power and the Radioactive guy, couldn't he make himself a bomb, blow up anywhere, and then regenerate from one piece of ash?
The problem with this is that it couldn't happen. Claire didn't just regenerate from the stick sticking in her head. She had to have it removed. I don't think that she would be able to regenerate from a piece of ash (or ashes).

Also, I don't think that the HRG is a blocker. If he is, then he must be able to control it pretty well because he went running to the school to save his daughter. If he blocks powers, why would he run towards the school to block her regenerative powers when she's being attacked?
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:29 PM   #886
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
The problem with this is that it couldn't happen. Claire didn't just regenerate from the stick sticking in her head. She had to have it removed. I don't think that she would be able to regenerate from a piece of ash (or ashes).

Also, I don't think that the HRG is a blocker. If he is, then he must be able to control it pretty well because he went running to the school to save his daughter. If he blocks powers, why would he run towards the school to block her regenerative powers when she's being attacked?

Through the paintings, he saw her die. I don't know if he knows that she can come back from death. He may also have seen that Sylar got her brain. He was probably trying to get to the school to block the attack before it happened.

I agree that my HRG=blocker theory is weak, but I'm going to hang on to it as a pet-theory for now. You can all laugh at me later.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #887
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

He has to have some sort of power I would think. Why hasn't/didn't mindwipe or Eden rebel against him?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #888
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
He has to have some sort of power I would think. Why hasn't/didn't mindwipe or Eden rebel against him?

I agree he probably has some hidden power. Technically she rebelled against him, but not directly. I think the Haitian guy is the key to finding out what his power is. I mean, how do you have a guy who can block powers and wipe memories as well as a chick who can use mind control work for you? Maybe the benefits package is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #889
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

He could have been a means to an end. The Haitian didn't seem to have a problem going against him when asked to do something he didn't want to do.

I'm also curious to see how is pulling HRG's strings. He made it pretty clear that he wasn't in charge, so I am curious to see who is.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #890
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army View Post
Maybe the benefits package is huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge!

I would love to hear mindwipe say that in his haitian accent.

Claire: "Well why didn't you just rebel against my father?"
Mindwipe: "He offered great dental plan."

I also forget about Linderman, the guy out in Vegas. I think he connects with almost all of the heroes, I wonder if he is the one calling the shots over HRG and not a government agency?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:44 PM   #891
Izulde
Head Coach

I'm curious as to how Hiro gets that sword. That dinosaur in the painting seems to indicate that he'll teleport back in time, way back.

Of course, then you have the problem that men weren't around when dinosaurs were, so how is that going to be solved logically? A Jurassaic Park kinda thing?

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:48 PM   #892
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I'm curious as to how Hiro gets that sword. That dinosaur in the painting seems to indicate that he'll teleport back in time, way back.

Of course, then you have the problem that men weren't around when dinosaurs were, so how is that going to be solved logically? A Jurassaic Park kinda thing?

Is there a web resource that shows all of Isaac's sober artwork? Is it possible that his sober stuff isn't quite so literal?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #893
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Yep, HRG isn't in charge as his phone call about killing Sylar showed. Perhaps the Haitian (and Eden) has a loyalty to the higher up guy and HRG is just the local boss. I'm not sure HRG actually has a power, but I wouldn't be surprised if he did, but just not using it.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:51 PM   #894
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Is there a web resource that shows all of Isaac's sober artwork? Is it possible that his sober stuff isn't quite so literal?
He had the eyes glowing and all, I would think that constituted his painting of the future true. Just like the others, he just has to hone his power. By being doped up, it allowed him to let go I guess in a sense to let his power take over. He has to learn, as he is doing apparently, how to use his power at will, instead of having to be on a substance to use it. Just my two cents.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #895
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:

The cop and FBI chick tried to shoot him before and he just stood back up early on in the season. I don't know exactly what his power is in that regard, but he did seem to have some type of protection against bullets.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #896
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
He had the eyes glowing and all, I would think that constituted his painting of the future true. Just like the others, he just has to hone his power. By being doped up, it allowed him to let go I guess in a sense to let his power take over. He has to learn, as he is doing apparently, how to use his power at will, instead of having to be on a substance to use it. Just my two cents.

You are probably right. The dragon/dinosaur painting just seemed very odd as a potential future event. If in the future, Hiro went way back in time, would Isaac's painting be a future event, or a past event?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #897
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Does anyone know if Chandra Shuresh list was a complete list of those who he thought "have evolved"? Didn't the HRG guy say "I want my daughter off of that list!" If Shureshs list was accurate and HRG had a power, would'nt HRG have been on there too?

Also, how did he get DNA samples of everyone in the world to determine who has and who has not evolved?
Old 12-05-2006, 01:57 PM   #898
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
The cop and FBI chick tried to shoot him before and he just stood back up early on in the season. I don't know exactly what his power is in that regard, but he did seem to have some type of protection against bullets.

I would think the telekenisis at long range, maybe he could toss the bullets aside like Neo in the Matrix. But would he have to see the bullets to do that? Did they open fire on him as he was running away in that episode?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #899
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
I would think the telekenisis at long range, maybe he could toss the bullets aside like Neo in the Matrix. But would he have to see the bullets to do that? Did they open fire on him as he was running away in that episode?

If I remember correctly, he was fleeing and ended up in a dead end. When the two cops showed up, he did some mind thing to one of them and the other shot him. I think he fell to the floor and then a second later they looked over at him and he was gone. Might have been telekenesis, but that doesn't really fit well with my memory of his falling to the ground before disappearing (although maybe I'm remembering wrong).
Old 12-05-2006, 03:48 PM   #900
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Does anyone know if Chandra Shuresh list was a complete list of those who he thought "have evolved"? Didn't the HRG guy say "I want my daughter off of that list!" If Shureshs list was accurate and HRG had a power, would'nt HRG have been on there too?

Also, how did he get DNA samples of everyone in the world to determine who has and who has not evolved?

I'm pretty sure his list wasn't complete because the one that Sylar had was much more extensive.