Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-18-2006, 09:53 PM   #851
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I agree that this was one of the best nights in a very long time..

Simon predicted Kellie would make the top 3, which is why I think he softballed her.

My rankings:

Katharine - Sounded great, looked even better.

Chris - Shocked me with an excellent non-rock vocal.

Paris - Definitely picked a song that matched her voice.

Taylor - One of his best vocals in the last 4 or 5 weeks.

Elliott - Good vocal, but I also thought the personality was lacking.

Ace - It was a decent vocal, but nothing great.

Kellie - I thought she was out of tune through most of the song. She should go home based on just tonight, but I doubt she even sees the bottom 3.

My expected Bottom 3: Ace, Elliott, and Paris.

Who I think is going home: Ace.

Who should go home: Kellie (based on just tonight.)

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 04-18-2006 at 09:53 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:00 PM   #852
Cuckoo
College Starter

Yeah, I say this was easily the best night in a while. Some really good performances, and even the people I don't like that much were solid.

I was going to put my rankings, but I just realized Eaglesfan27 put the exact ones I would've chosen.

I think Kellie has enough of a fan base to keep her in despite that mess, and her willingness to admit how poor it was might actually help her. It seems a rare quality on this show.

So, that said, I'll say one of either Elliott or Ace is gone. My guess... Elliott.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:10 PM   #853
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Like many have noted, standards night was easy to listen to. These are songs that have held up for generations, perhaps dating back to the time when primordial ooze dominated the landscape and one-celled organisms were looking for ways to entertain each other.

Rod Stewart may be 60, but he has a good plastic surgeon, and he knows how to sneak repeated looks down Kellie Picker's shirt. I realize Idol needs to take advantage of the relatively big stars willing to use their venue to sell a few albums, but this week seemed a bit indulgent.

The Solecismic Ratings for this week reflect this indulgence. It's hard not to find a song that can show off whatever limited (or not) talent you possess. The average score here is by far the highest of the year.

1. Katharine McPhee. She picked a song that showed off her training very well. Simon was right, she made the others look amateur in comparison. When she's on, she has the talent to win. Score of 94.

2. Chris Daughtry. This was the best of a solid group of performances with very little to pick between them. His performance was the most consistent, my only complaint is that he picked a very easy song. Score of 82.

3. Elliott Yamin. It's clear he's in some trouble, as Simon seemed to target him tonight (more on that later). I liked his performance, though. Very simple, but strong in tone. If only he weren't so fragile-looking and acting, he'd be a threat to win. Score of 78.

4. Taylor Hicks. After a dreadful first half, he picked it up and gave his fans something to cheer about. He is definitely the most inconsistent performer in the competition. Score of 77.

5. Paris Bennett. This is a strong fifth, and I'm sure there's plenty of reason to like the performance. I just found it choppy and pretentious, her accent affected. Score of 76.

6. Kellie Pickler. After a terrific first few bars, she just fell apart, missing several notes and struggling with her confidence for the first time. She seems to like picking difficult songs since her Bucket of Suds developed a leak early in the competition, but she needs to work a little harder or her support will begin to erode. Score of 69.

7. Ace Young. Now that Bucky is gone, Ace stands out as the one without enough raw talent to deserve his spot on the stage. It was a boring performance, and his falsetto is becoming a cliche. Simon was killing him with faint praise, which probably means he thinks Ace is gone. Score of 55.

The Bottom Three: Ace for certain, probably Elliott and Paris as well.

Who is going: I think it's the end of the line for Ace.

Who deserves to go: Ace.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 11:11 PM   #854
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Kellie is in no danger, I think ace is finally gone although Elliot may be in trouble based on the fact he lacks "star quality"
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:28 PM   #855
JeeberD
General Manager

C YA Ace!

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:29 PM   #856
JeeberD
General Manager

Dola-
Toldja

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:30 PM   #857
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

Awww poor Ace, he was so cute.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:52 PM   #858
Joe
Pro Starter

I heart ace
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:53 PM   #859
wade moore
lolzcat

imo, it is a travesty that Chris was in the bottom 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:56 PM   #860
MJ4H
Coordinator

I feel the same way about Paris.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 08:59 PM   #861
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I didn't think Chris or Paris really deserved to be in the bottom 3. However, I'm more shocked that Chris was there. At least, the right person went home tonight.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:02 PM   #862
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

HAHA!

Bye bye Ace!!!
Old 04-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #863
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
I heart ace

You also heart Kevin. Can you pick 'em or what?
Buccaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #864
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Look at who is left, and it's hard to be shocked that any one of them could make the bottom 3. Pickles is clearly in over her head, but will stay because of the dumb blonde thing. Elliott seems to be sliding under the radar. Paris is good, but not an "Idol." Ditto for Katherine, although she at least has a sex appeal that Paris is missing entirely (thankfully, given her age). Chris is like a better version of Marty Casey - he's got the same limited act as Marty, except this show penalizes him because he doesn't get to sing rock song every week like Rockstar. As a result, his shtick will wear thin each successive week he's unable to sing rock songs (like this week and next). And Taylor just keeps doing the same thing every week, and looks to be in no trouble.

From this point forward, I won't be surprised to see someone worthy go home early. Chris and Kat deserve to be the top two, but I wouldn't be shocked if neither of them make it.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-19-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 09:44 PM   #865
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Look at who is left, and it's hard to be shocked that any one of them could make the bottom 3. Pickles is clearly in over her head, but will stay because of the dumb blonde thing. Elliott seems to be sliding under the radar. Paris is good, but not an "Idol." Ditto for Katherine, although she at least has a sex appeal that Paris is missing entirely (thankfully, given her age). Chris is like a better version of Marty Casey - he's got the same limited act as Marty, except this show penalizes him because he doesn't get to sing rock song every week like Rockstar. As a result, his shtick will wear thin each successive week he's unable to sing rock songs (like this week and next). And Taylor just keeps doing the same thing every week, and looks to be in no trouble.

From this point forward, I won't be surprised to see someone worthy go home early. Chris and Kat deserve to be the top two, but I wouldn't be shocked if neither of them make it.

In other words, you don't see anyone doing anything after Idol?
Old 04-19-2006, 09:59 PM   #866
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
In other words, you don't see anyone doing anything after Idol?

That's not the point of the show for me. I won't see anyone do anything after Idol, regardless of whether they are Kelly Clarkson, Josh Gracin, or Justin Guarini. I have absolutely no interest in what they make of these people after the show ends, just the entertainment getting there provides.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #867
Rizon
Pro Starter

YES!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 12:42 AM   #868
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't understand how the hell Chris is in tghe bottom 3.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 02:16 AM   #869
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Dialidol had it right. I'm starting to worry about Chris. He did a good job this week out of his comfort zone, and still was in the bottom. I hope he gets a good rebound next week.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 04:45 AM   #870
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman
I feel the same way about Paris.

I have no problem with Paris in the bottom 3, and actually think she deserves to be the next to go home.

If this was "Jazz Idol", she'd win in a landslide, but it's not. Her voice/style just does not translate to pop at all.

Quote:
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
Old 04-20-2006, 04:46 AM   #871
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:

I agree with you about who I think should be in the top 2. I think Pickles really should not make the top 3, but if she wasn't in the bottom 3 after that performance, I think she could win the whole damned thing.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2006, 06:28 AM   #872
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buccaneer
You also heart Kevin. Can you pick 'em or what?

Kevin would've been awesome this week.
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 07:05 AM   #873
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg
Dialidol had it right. I'm starting to worry about Chris. He did a good job this week out of his comfort zone, and still was in the bottom. I hope he gets a good rebound next week.

I'd be more worried about Chris if he ended up in the top 2. Look at what they did to Bo. In fact, it may be too late for Chris already.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #874
Malificent
High School JV

Chris went first. The power of position in Idol is highly underrated. That said, I'd be surprised to see Chris in trouble next week, as his bottom 3 performance should energize his fans. Elliot and Paris on the other hand best watch out.
Malificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 08:30 AM   #875
Thomkal
Head Coach

I think Chris was in the Bottom 3 because he wasn't rocker Chris which his fans like plus going first. I liked his performance though, had my doubts he could handle songs like that. I think he will get the majority of Ace voters though, so probably will be okay next week with Love Songs (and what a surprising musical guest!)

Honestly I feel like the Final 6 are pretty much match and mix right now any of them could win. My personal choices for Top 3 right now are Elliott, Paris, and Chris. But any of the other three could be there and I'd have no real argument against it.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:19 AM   #876
Daimyo
College Starter

If Kellie won't even make the bottom three after an attrocious performance like she had this week I can't imagine what it will take to send her home.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 10:42 AM   #877
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo
If Kellie won't even make the bottom three after an attrocious performance like she had this week I can't imagine what it will take to send her home.

I think she's got a huge chunk of the Jesusland votes, especially after Bucky was gone, so that should keep her safe for awhile.
Quote:
Old 04-20-2006, 10:49 AM   #878
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon
I think she's got a huge chunk of the Jesusland votes, especially after Bucky was gone, so that should keep her safe for awhile.

I've been thinking for awhile now...

It would be hilarious if the idol winner was the same model of country singer two years in a row.

Quote:
Old 04-20-2006, 01:22 PM   #879
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
I've been thinking for awhile now...

It would be hilarious if the idol winner was the same model of country singer two years in a row.

If Kellie wins, it's just asking for a Carrie/Kellie Playboy spread 15 years from now.
Quote:
Old 04-20-2006, 01:31 PM   #880
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Quote:
15 years from now.

Why wait?
Old 04-20-2006, 02:41 PM   #881
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Any ideas for who the bottom three are for next week 4/25 and who might be the frontrunner for most likely to go home?
Old 04-20-2006, 03:02 PM   #882
marshall881
Mascot

What is next week's "theme"?
marshall881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 03:20 PM   #883
Ksyrup

Greatest Love Songs of All-Time! I can't wait!!
Old 04-20-2006, 03:52 PM   #884
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:

Looking through the profiles on the website, they're pretty much all Southerners who mention prayer and God in their profiles, so why would the Christian vote (if there is such a thing on AI) go for the Pickler?

Pretty much the only one who doesn't mention prayer and/or God is Katherine, who is rumored to be a Scientologist. So my wife tells me, she reads all sorts of AI boards. I don't. I only watch the programme because she makes me too. Honest.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2006, 05:24 PM   #885
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch
Looking through the profiles on the website, they're pretty much all Southerners who mention prayer and God in their profiles, so why would the Christian vote (if there is such a thing on AI) go for the Pickler?

Pretty much the only one who doesn't mention prayer and/or God is Katherine, who is rumored to be a Scientologist. So my wife tells me, she reads all sorts of AI boards. I don't. I only watch the programme because she makes me too. Honest.

Jesusland loves country, so it's moreso for the country vote.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2006, 10:38 AM   #886
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Appears that Paris is gonna be the one.
Old 04-25-2006, 01:57 PM   #887
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

Awesome! I can continue to just not watch....
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 01:58 PM   #888
sabotai
General Manager

dola,

However, Kellie's worsening could be developing into a monster of a meltdown.....I might watch in case that happens.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 02:29 PM   #889
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:

Whew, at least Ace is gone for this one.
Quote:
Old 04-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #890
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Kat looks "I'm going to beat my dick like it owes me money" hot...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #891
Easy Mac

McBoobies!!!!
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:10 PM   #892
LoneStarGirl
College Starter

She does look gorgeous, but I am glad Paula and Randy are letting her have the truth and aren't sugar coating it.
LoneStarGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:12 PM   #893
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Kat finally wears something HOT! It seemed that in weeks past, she didn't realize she could show off that bod.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:12 PM   #894
Easy Mac

I thought she under sung the song. The parts where she needed to ramp it up she didn't, but used the power notes in the less important sections, almost like her rendition was set up to avoid the Whitney comparisons.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:21 PM   #895
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Well, I guess that proves that Paula is wasted already tonight.
Old 04-25-2006, 07:24 PM   #896
Flasch186
Coordinator

yamin killed that

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:27 PM   #897
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Unchained Melody coming up?

Oh god

Oh god...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:30 PM   #898
Flasch186
Coordinator

not half as bad as i expected.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 07:31 PM   #899
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Randy says there were "pitch" problems... wow, a shock .
Old 04-25-2006, 07:32 PM   #900
Buccaneer
Head Coach

Who's doing Unchained Melody? And what did Katherine sing?