Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-24-2008, 08:43 PM   #851
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Hooray for winning speaker AND getting a wolf tonight. What does Mrs. S being a wolf mean?
Old 07-24-2008, 08:44 PM   #852
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think it clears Pass
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:47 PM   #853
mccollins
College Prospect

Yeah, Pass's vote was VERY early and on one of his own.
Interesting that Heinz didn't stick with Pass on that though.
mccollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:49 PM   #854
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I think RendeR is a good place to look next. He sounds like a driving force behind their bill which could be over-turned. He would not take a big hit in popularity and gives the wolves the eacy choice on which bill to rider.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:53 PM   #855
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
Hooray for winning speaker AND getting a wolf tonight. What does Mrs. S being a wolf mean?

Yes, congrats. You winning speaker is huge for the party. Combining that with nabbing a wolf and I think it's been a great, but stressful, night.

I'm off to bed before I'm no longer engaged. I'm working 6am-4pm again tomorrow (it's my usual shift with one night closing shift, was monday this week and is wed next week). Will pop in before I leave for work to catch up at the very least.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:07 PM   #856
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
For my own part, I have nothing to add about my vote than what I said in the main thread. She hasn't said boo all game.

I am a little weirded out by the fact that no one at all has come to help her. If she were a wolf, they would be doing something, no?

Lots of votes still out there.

I want to go back now and find who first mentioned suspicion of her. It was someone on the Rep side but I forget who.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 PM   #857
mccollins
College Prospect

Pass put the first vote on her, but I think Tyrith mentioned something about her very early on.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #858
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan View Post
I think RendeR is a good place to look next. He sounds like a driving force behind their bill which could be over-turned. He would not take a big hit in popularity and gives the wolves the eacy choice on which bill to rider.

RendeR makes it easy to vote for with his statement about "choosing poorly" before the results while not even voting.

BUT -- if you were a fellow wolf, would you have made that post knowing a wolf was being voted out? I doubt it so I'm thinking ironically that helps RendeR a bit.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:09 PM   #859
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccollins View Post
Pass put the first vote on her, but I think Tyrith mentioned something about her very early on.

That's what I was thinking. I wonder if she was scanned last night?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #860
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I want to go back now and find who first mentioned suspicion of her. It was someone on the Rep side but I forget who.

Actually, it was me, I believe. I was first to vote for her yesterday and I mentioned her in this thread before Pass voted. After he voted, I went ahead and put vote #2 down on her.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 09:11 PM   #861
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubby View Post
i'm getting tons of crap from the gf, trying to make to see the writeup then off to bed

Quote:
Yeah, my wife had a fit last night when I was sitting in bed watching the "election results" after midnight. I'm going to have to head after the write up.

We've all been there, fellas.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:14 PM   #862
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Kwhit looks pretty good in my eyes also
Old 07-24-2008, 09:20 PM   #863
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:

We've all been there, fellas.

Yeah, but last night a 9pm deadline was pushed to 10pm and the results weren't totally done until after midnight
Old 07-24-2008, 09:24 PM   #864
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeheinz72 View Post
Yeah, frankly your vote for Mrs. Schmidty gives you a tick of favor in my eyes, truth be told.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Alright, it's time for us to introduce our nominee for Speaker. We've received a popular mandate for Republican rule, for right now at least. Also, our more centrist members have been under attack for the past couple of days. So, we're going further right. None of us really trust Mrs. Schmidty. Therefore, our choice to be the next speaker of the house is PurdueBrad. I personally don't have the greatest feel for him right now, but it makes sense politically and putting him in the spotlight should give us an opportunity to examine him more closely.

Posts #1047 and 1075 from the main thread. These were what pinged me on Mrs. S.

So the question is: did something happen in their thread to make her distrusted or did someone find out her loyalties?
Old 07-24-2008, 09:25 PM   #865
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Yeah, but last night a 9pm deadline was pushed to 10pm and the results weren't totally done until after midnight

That's where I love being a west coaster!
Old 07-24-2008, 09:28 PM   #866
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I guess we need to start looking inside a bit:

1. KWhit - I got what I now believe to be a bad read on him, I actually had him and Lathum mixed up with a couple of actions and thought they all belonged to him but they didn't, he is closer to cleared
2. path12 - I don't have a read on him yet
3. EagleFan - I know I'm clean, though I had a bad read on today's vote as I really thought something was odd about the Mrs Schmidty thing and the split votes on the Republican side (and I believe many of us suspected Tiryth anyway)
4. PackerFanatic - May have us all fooled but I have no idea yet
5. Chubby - I am getting a good guy vibe from him
6. henry296 - who knows as he has not had much online time
7. Lathum - I have been giving him slack and I think it has been enough now, wolf
8. mccollins - I don't know if I played any games with him before my streak of wolf roles started (not really trying to read players in those games where I was wolf) so I have no real read on him basedon previous play
9. chesapeake - I had him close to CoT but not sure why, then I realized he seemed to echo a lot of what I was saying (unfortunately a lot of what I was saying was wrong so he has now slipped into my suspect list as I may have been the fool he could use as the scape goat when things turned out wrong)
Old 07-24-2008, 09:33 PM   #867
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Yeah I have a feeling the repubs will be pushing for one of us tomorrow - and I also wouldn't be surprised to see one of us NK'ed either (no, I do not have inside info on that, so don't look into that statement, heh)

I am just happy I was able to win the Speaker and get us another voice in the proceedings.
Old 07-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #868
henry296
College Starter

I'll wait until morning to offer my complete thoughts, but my vote tomorrow will be for a democrat based on the odds (2/8 vs 1/6 or 2/9 vs 1/5). I'm not sure who but someone among us is the enemy and I hope to found out to prove to my constituents that I deserve to be voted back in.
Old 07-25-2008, 02:13 AM   #869
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

EF, why do you think I am a wolf?
Old 07-25-2008, 04:59 AM   #870
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

I'm off to work, not really much to add (there doesn't seem to be a lot of night posting, of course we're all sleeping )

My prime suspect is jheinz right now but I'm curious what other's think. I do believe they will make a push to censure a Dem and I will post my thoughts on that when I get home from work. I want to see how certian people react 1st
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 07:11 AM   #871
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Very glad to see KWhit get guarded.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:38 AM   #872
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I'll wait until morning to offer my complete thoughts, but my vote tomorrow will be for a democrat based on the odds (2/8 vs 1/6 or 2/9 vs 1/5). I'm not sure who but someone among us is the enemy and I hope to found out to prove to my constituents that I deserve to be voted back in.

Mine is going on a Dem as well and I am 99% sure I know who it is. I'm not certain this person is a wolf (no seer ability or anything like that) but the circumstancial evidence is strong. I'll put it together in a bit.
Old 07-25-2008, 07:55 AM   #873
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The Most Popular Politicians Among Party Members, Day Four

1. PackerFanatic
2. KWhit
3. chesapeake
4. mccollins
5. Chubby
6. path12
7. EagleFan
8. Lathum
9. henry296

Here are how the District Polling is shaping up

KWhit (comfortably ahead)
path12 (ahead in polls)
EagleFan (tight polling)
PackerFanatic (ahead in polls)
Chubby (ahead in polls)
henry296 (tight polling)
Lathum (behind in polls)
mccollins (ahead in polls)
chesapeake (ahead in polls)

Note: There seems to be a concerted effort from somewhere to attack the positions of henry296 and Lathum in their former districts.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #874
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

So what are we thinking for bills today kiddies? We got 2 of them! (I will be around til 2pm CST to help out, I love early Fridays)
Old 07-25-2008, 08:44 AM   #875
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post

Note: There seems to be a concerted effort from somewhere to attack the positions of henry296 and Lathum in their former districts.

Umm... Tyrith hinted that they wouldn't be attacking them....
Old 07-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #876
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Off to a long meeting...be back later to discuss bills.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:29 AM   #877
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

OK, I didn't want to mention this yesterday but I also have the ability to guarentee my own re election which I plan on using tonight.

As for who to vote for we have a numbers advantage and I see no reason to not exploit that to our advantage.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:44 AM   #878
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

It's obvious Heinze is gunning for me, what I dont get is if they slurried me 3 times why try to vote me out, they could just hope I dont get re elected.

Either way my vote is probably going on Heinze again today, his play is way off.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #879
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

The seemingly rogue attack on henry has me thinking that he may be a good guy. Maybe a wolf who has a negative influence power and this is the easiest way to deal with him?

To answer Lathum. To be honest I always suspect you as a wolf. You seem to make moves throughout the game that say wolf, like your voting pattern from day 2. I even wanted to suspect you as a wolf when I was a wolf and knew you weren't (see last game with your vote player that was cleared by the then known seer).
Old 07-25-2008, 10:32 AM   #880
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
OK, I didn't want to mention this yesterday but I also have the ability to guarentee my own re election which I plan on using tonight.

As for who to vote for we have a numbers advantage and I see no reason to not exploit that to our advantage.

I guess you chose the good guy, clean cut role?
Old 07-25-2008, 10:38 AM   #881
path12
Coordinator

I need to do some thinking. As I said in main thread it's far easier for me to get wolf vibes off the Repubs than us so far, but I'm not sure we won't have to choose one of us to censure today.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:40 AM   #882
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

It sounds like we can't got too powerful with our proposals today. Why not try to change things up a bit?

Maybe: Those voted out of office can only participate in the main thread and no longer alloud into the dem or rep threads unless they get back into office. This may have very good or very bad affects though.

Just spit balling at the moment though. I'll be kayking this afternoon so I will be completely out of the loop. Hopefully the BG found out the identity of the wolf and we can nail another one today.

I'll also defer to the other suggestions I had yesterday as well for possible roles if we want to go with a role bill.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:41 AM   #883
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
The seemingly rogue attack on henry has me thinking that he may be a good guy. Maybe a wolf who has a negative influence power and this is the easiest way to deal with him?

The 'rogue attack' ended up being a mistake:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Rum has confirmed that he missed the changed slurry order yesterday. Sorry about the confusion.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:42 AM   #884
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I doubt any role bill we try will get passed, even if it is a fairly vanilla role. We need to think quite outside the box on these today.
Old 07-25-2008, 10:49 AM   #885
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
It sounds like we can't got too powerful with our proposals today. Why not try to change things up a bit?

Maybe: Those voted out of office can only participate in the main thread and no longer alloud into the dem or rep threads unless they get back into office. This may have very good or very bad affects though.

Just spit balling at the moment though. I'll be kayking this afternoon so I will be completely out of the loop. Hopefully the BG found out the identity of the wolf and we can nail another one today.

I'll also defer to the other suggestions I had yesterday as well for possible roles if we want to go with a role bill.

You still around, EF?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #886
mccollins
College Prospect

KWhit, if it wasn't an argument against Lathum, EagleFan was who I was pretty sure you were going to make a case against.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #887
chesapeake
College Starter

Just got on and catching up. Rough night for me and my daughter.
chesapeake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 12:34 PM   #888
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Hope everything is alright, ches. Not much to catch up on - it has been slow.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:43 PM   #889
path12
Coordinator

I'm interested to hear who KWhit is suspicious of. My top distrusts (and really, for not much reason other than gut right now) on our end are PF and EF, for the record. Not sure what to think about Lathum, I do believe that the Reps are going to try and either vote for him or slurry him enough to try and prevent him from winning his election (which we know won't work and is actually a benefit for us as a team).
Old 07-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #890
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

What have I done to be so distrusted?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #891
mccollins
College Prospect

Quote:
I'm interested to hear who KWhit is suspicious of.
Main thread, post 1449
Old 07-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #892
chesapeake
College Starter

Everything is fine. I got barfed on at least 4 times between 4 and 6 AM. But then my daughter and I crashed on the couch for a couple of hours and we both felt much better.

Who knew that having kids was so much like college?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:48 PM   #893
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
What have I done to be so distrusted?

Like I said, it's mainly a gut feel rather than anything specific, and I'm not saying I for sure think you're a wolf. I'd have to go back and find the actual things that pinged me to make sure I still read them the same way.....I just wanted to get my overall impressions out there.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #894
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chesapeake View Post
Everything is fine. I got barfed on at least 4 times between 4 and 6 AM. But then my daughter and I crashed on the couch for a couple of hours and we both felt much better.

Who knew that having kids was so much like college?

Hahaha...nice.
Old 07-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #895
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Main thread, post 1449

Thanks, I always check this thread first! Saw it after I typed mine. What are your thoughts on EF?
Old 07-25-2008, 12:59 PM   #896
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
I guess you chose the good guy, clean cut role?

do you know who you are talking to?

I chose to be the scum of the earth.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #897
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Anyone got any ideas for a bill today that I can propose? I will be out in and hour and I am not sure how much I will be on this afternoon.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:07 PM   #898
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'm used to being distrusted but this game has me scratching my head
Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 PM   #899
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I'll vote EF if it comes to it but I don't understand why we arent voting along party lines and controlling the numbers....
Old 07-25-2008, 01:13 PM   #900
chesapeake
College Starter

I just read through yesterday afternoon's posts to verify what KWhit said about EF. He is right. I encourage all of you to go back and reread them.

Lathum has been pinging me very hard. He was the first to urge the retaliatory action against Clap. But I must admit that the same posts from yesterday make him look pretty good with regard to Mrs. S. He seemed genuinely prepared to shift to her if the GOP tried any funny business.

Go read them and draw your own conclusions.